Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) (36121 Views)

Father, Son, One Other Die Inside Well In Benue / Okada Man Who Broke The Story Of Glory Okolie Is Thrown Into Keffi Prison / Ajibawo Lawal & Sunday Akhigbe Die Inside Lagos Studio, Others Hospitalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Oleys: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
The residents of Adelayo Street in Jah-Michael community, Olorunda area of Lagos have been thrown into commotion following the discovery of the lifeless body of eight children inside a Honda Pilot jeep with registration number AAA157BD parked inside a fenced house.

The lifeless body of the children aged between four to nine years old were discovered at about 5pm on Saturday evening when Saliat Kazeem who wanted to feed her granddaughter raised alarm that the children were trapped inside the vehicle.

Saliat Kazeem, the owner of the building where the incident happened was asleep when the children, including her granddaughter entered and got trapped inside the vehicle and died of suffocation.

When Vanguard got to the scene on Sunday afternoon, relatives of family of the victims were at the scene, they opened the gate to inspect the compound and held meetings insinuating that there was more than meets the eyes.

At the compound, shattered windscreen from the vehicle littered the scene everywhere. Glasses from the window of building which was destroyed by irrate residents were also scattered on the ground.
Vanguard learned that the eight children involved are from four different families. A family has three children, another family has two, another has two while Saliat Kazeem has one (granddaughter) The names of the children are, Zainab, Tayab, Farida, Mamod, Yakubu, Wahab, Aisha and Saliat Kazeem’s granddaughter.

According to Azeez, it was actually when the owner of the building Saliat Kazeem woke up, that she discovered that the children including her granddaughter whom she wanted to feed was inside the vehicle.”

“When I heard the incident I rushed there like other residents, we found out some of the children were still alive, they were still breathing, we were telling them to rush them to the hospital, but they were wasting time, they didn’t do anything till it was late. By the time they eventually took the grandchild of Saliat Kazeem to the hospital, it was too late as she died on the way.”

“Yesterday was like war as young men in the community wanted to set the house ablaze. Relatives of the affected families attacked people who were passing yesterday.

A community leader in the area who spoke to Vanguard on the condition of anonymity said yesterday agrieved youths almost lynched Saliat Kazeem, the onwer of the vehicle and building but for the police who intervened and sealed off the building.

Yet to understand what was happening, a little boy who identified himself as AbdulKareem, said my two siblings, Aisha and Farida were among the children who died inside the vehicle.

Lamenting, a resident, Adetayo Ojo, said “the gate is hardly open, anytime we pass through this street, the gate is always locked. So I wonder what happened that it was opened and eight children went there to play.”

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson Lagos state police command CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu said “eight children were said to have mistakenly locked themselves in an abandoned car while playing. Their bodies have been recovered and deposited at the Badagry General Hospital’s morgue for autopsy so as to determine the actual cause of death. Notwithstanding the report made to the Police, the Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has ordered a thorough and speedy investigation into the circumstances surrounding their death. The CP also commiserates with the families of the victims.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/lagos-community-thrown-into-confusion-as-8-children-die-inside-vehicle/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Ethanuella: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
We haven't gotten over Sylvester, now this?

Why should an abandoned vehicle be left unlocked in a compound where kids are? And why are the irate youths destroying the building and attacking passers by including the owner of the house? Or do they think it's her joy that the children including her grandchild died under such circumstance?

More reason why I don't let my kids out of my sight when playing despite the fact that we live alone. Pls ride your bicycle inside the house if I'm not outside with you.

Such sad news this December. Odindin 8 children!! May we not cry over our kids.

170 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Xscape1993(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bad goodnews everywhere in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Nbotee(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
We are jus madt in dis country.. Children trapped themselves in a parked car and irate youths are destroying windows of buildings in the said compound.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Lilimax(f): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Omg! Crazy things are happening this season. Folks should be on their guards and keep watchful eyes on their children and wards.
End of the year calamities shall not befall us and our house in Jesus name. Amen

Btw, all these children are from Muslim background? Make dem check whether one alfa never use dem do something oo!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by MufasaLion: 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
WTF? I hope they investigate it.
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by dominique(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is so horrible, how did that many kids get access into the car without anybody noticing? So painful, some of the kids are siblings from same parents. May God console the parents sad

“When I heard the incident I rushed there like other residents, we found out some of the children were still alive, they were still breathing, we were telling them to rush them to the hospital, but they were wasting time, they didn’t do anything till it was late. By the time they eventually took the grandchild of Saliat Kazeem to the hospital, it was too late as she died on the way.”

This is why basic CPR knowledge is very important. Perhaps some of the children might have survived this if CPR had been promptly applied

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by PCG001: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Brandonx(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
How can a 9 year old child not know how to open the doors of a locked vehicle. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Welosahh(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is a big tragedy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by TabletSenorita(f): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is so so sad
No parent should bury their children at all

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by emmabest2000(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Unbelievable story line

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by bosolan: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Buhari Why?

*sobs

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by SpatialKing(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
How?
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Folabifreeman(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Crazy things are happening

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by merits(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
cry
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by floss(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmm....hope all these deaths associated with children in Lagos State aren't connected to ritual cos I don't understand again....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by premierlead: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
They have been contributed to the spirit gin of the jihad worshippers

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by tradepunter: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by loVILaa: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oh my God

Why bad news all the time

Whyyyyyyy?
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Adeniyi9462(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Omg This is so heartbreaking
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by ipobarethieves: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
sad sad All muzlimz pikin oo sad.So,none of them knw how to open the car door/nobody saw them when they all packed themselves inside the car sad.Nkan Nbe oooo sad
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by TarOrfeeek: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ritualistic evrnt

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by Tutori7: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
So sad

It is well
Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mothers should always be careful the way they release their children to play outside especially during this dryhot season.
This is just carelessness. I don't see any foul play or the insinuation that what happened is not ordinary. Similar incident happened sometime ago when some children were found dead in a car put up for sale.
The attitude and habit of self medication before hospital could have led to the loss of the children who showed signs of life.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by hollywater: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ignorant is our number 1 problem.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) by ndmZogo: 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
FuckDModz:

[s]Afonja miscreants are mostly senseless.
[/s]
8 children die mysteriously and the first thing the useless mob thinks of is to lynch the “innocent” owner of the car.

Like if the suspect is killed instantly how are we going to get to the bottom of this case?

Daft bastards everywhere!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dad Taught Me Robbery, Teenage Robbery Suspect Confesses (pictured) / 21-Year-Old Lady Was Killed By Boyfriend After She Dumped Him In South Africa / Armed Robbers Invade Police Barrack In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.