Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Why You Need To Stop Using Upwork In 2022 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Need To Stop Using Upwork In 2022 (506 Views)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Iphone 5, 45 Android Phones From Dec 31 (see List) / How To Make Money From Upwork In 2020? / Reasons To Stop Using Wordpress Internal Linking Plugins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Stop Using Upwork In 2022 by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
6 reason why you need to stop using Upwork

- You can’t seriously build a business inside another business over which you have no control

- Rigid payment option

- Client can't refer you outside of Upwork (word of mouth is a big growth lever for a freelancer)

- Upwork requires freelancers to spend a tonne of time hunting for, and applying to projects, 98% of which proposals will turn out to be crickets. The freelancer is spending more time applying than they do working, studying, and upgrading their skills.

- Risk of suspension or permanent ban

- Racism and discrimination (even harder to get jobs if you are from a third world country)

what to do instead?

I have spoken to 1000+ freelancers over the last 2 years.

And the biggest problem that keeps popping up is getting freelance work consistently.

To solve this, I want to introduce the Permissionless Apprenticeship strategy to as many freelancers as possible.

The Permissionless Apprenticeship strategy is the most profound thing that has happened to my career in the last five years. It's changed everything for me.

I have started a newsletter centred around the strategy for freelancers and creators to engineer massive opportunities for themselves on the internet.

the radically different - who want to see, design and claim the future.

Topics Include

- How to engineer opportunity on the internet using the Permissionless Apprenticeship strategy

- How to build a body of work that attracts the brightest mind on the internet and make them want to work with you

- Case studies from people who have successfully leveraged this strategy to connect with people they admire, land paying positions, and raise venture capital

- Exercises for determining Permissionless Apprenticeship experiments to run, and how to measure their success

- The mental frameworks you can develop to consistently spot new opportunity and produce things that make your work more valuable with time

Check the link in my signature to sign up if you are interested. First issue goes out on Friday. Don't miss out.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stop Using Upwork In 2022 by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
First drop is coming your way on Friday.

If you have 1-2 other friends that would be interested in being part of this, send them the sign up link in my signature
Re: Why You Need To Stop Using Upwork In 2022 by sheDD(m): 1:08am On Aug 15, 2022
A beginner on upwork
And got this below popped up message showing on my screen.
After sending proposal.
What could that be?

How I'm to fix this pls

(1) (Reply)

The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! / Adsense Approval / Top Web Development Frameworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.