Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

What Happens After I Die? Where Will I Spend My Eternity ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens After I Die? Where Will I Spend My Eternity ? (437 Views)

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe / Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion / Father Mbaka: I Spend $2 Million On Charity Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens After I Die? Where Will I Spend My Eternity ? by Fredrick4(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
A lot of people ask , "Where do I depart after my death? Does my life end here? "
Before proceeding, we need to first of all know the meaning of death and it's types. God created human beings as "Ensouled Bodies" and "Embodied Souls" .That is, bodies with souls and souls wrapped inside bodies. God's first purpose was based on "Everlasting" union, that is no separation of the two.
But after the Fall Of Man, [Genesis 3] God pronounced a curse - Death on human race including every other creatures on earth. Now the whole world is under the curse of death.
The question is, what is death? According to Eccl 12: 7, death is a separation of things that ought to be together. "Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth and the breath of life will go back to God who gave it to us."

Now it's definite that death is a separation of soul from body, death rips our souls from our bodies, the breaking of the principle of life on earth. The principle of life on earth is a union of soul and body, these two must be together for one to live on earth.
That explained, where does my soul depart after I die? Now before going farther on the above question, we need to first of all know the temporary and perpetual destinations of souls.

Before The Coming Of Jesus Christ.

Prior to the coming of Christ, the destination of souls had one place called Hades or Sheol located in the heart of earth. "I call to you LORD, don't let me be disgraced. May the wicked be disgraced ,may they go down to the world of the dead " Psalms 31:17.
Hades or Sheol was divided into two parts and separated by a great chasm (Bottomless Pit) so that there was no crossing over. Luke 16:19-22 the story of Lazarus and the rich man. One side of Hades was a place of comfort for the righteous where all saints of the Old Testament used to stay while another side was for the wicked, a place of temporary torment and pain where the rich man went. Luke 19: 22-23.
Note this, Hades is not the permanent place of souls after death.

After The Coming Of Jesus Christ.

Some people ask besides our salvation, why did Jesus die? This question is not common and so the answer.
All the saints of Old Testament before the resurrection of Jesus were in Hades, in a part of the one for the righteous or Paradise or the Bossom of Abraham.
Jesus died "Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father in your hands I place my spirit", He said this and died (Like 23:46).
Following His death the Lord departed to Sheol, to the part of the righteous where Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all other saints of Old Testament were and ripped its gates off its hinges. These saints had stayed there for long not having received the promise of God.
Following His way up to heaven, Jesus went together with these saints direct into presence of God to stay there. Philippians1:23. God, Jesus Christ, saints and angels stay in the third height or heaven.

Where Does My Soul Depart After I Die Now?

After Jesus ripping the gates of Sheol the part of the righteous, paradise is no longer in the heart of earth. A soul that is truely saved in Christ departs direct into the presence of His heavenly throne to enjoy the goodness of God.
Note To The Reader: Hades- the side of the wicked still exists. A soul that is not saved in Christ departs to this place, the abode of the dead for temporary torment waiting for the final judgment.

The final destination of unsaved souls is Brimstone Fire, the Lake Of Fire, a place of perpetual torment with no future hope of salvation. A total alienation from God or second death. Rev20 :11.
A new earth and heaven are being prepared by God for the righteous.

Writer's Final Word

Make peace with God before it's too late for you by accepting His Son Jesus Christ, we are saved by the grace of God through our faith in His Son.

https://www.facebook.com/bigumirwa-fredrick
Re: What Happens After I Die? Where Will I Spend My Eternity ? by shawante(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
Op you for wait till sunday before you post this kind topic na..
Re: What Happens After I Die? Where Will I Spend My Eternity ? by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
Fredrick4:

But after the Fall Of Man, [Genesis 3] God pronounced a curse - Death on human race including every other creatures on earth. Now the whole world is under the curse of death.
The question is, what is death? According to Eccl 12: 7, death is a separation of things that ought to be together. "Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth and the breath of life will go back to God who gave it to us."

Now it's definite that death is a separation of soul from body, death rips our souls from our bodies, the breaking of the principle of life on earth. The principle of life on earth is a union of soul and body, these two must be together for one to live on earth.
That explained, where does my soul depart after I die? Now before going farther on the above question, we need to first of all know the temporary and perpetual destinations of souls.
The answer to that question is found in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided
Before Jesus Christ , the soul of all those who don't believe in God perished in the grave along with their bodies, just as God decreed beginning from Adam and Eve. undecided

Man - mind,body and soul - was created by God from the physical elements of this earth, and so when God decreed from dust you, man, were made, God was referring not to a portion of man but to the entirety that is Man- mind, body and soul. undecided

The breath of life, the same which God breathed into man he also breathed into Animals - Genesis 7 vs 15. That breath is the life/time we have on this earth and has not to do with our souls. It returns to God who is Life after our time here on earth is over. It is not the soul of man. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Morning Prayers To Command Your Day / Depopulating The World So The Pan Worshippers Can Turn Evil Into Good / Close Friend Exposes Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Sent Her To An Ashewo House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.