Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? (481 Views)

Alleged Homicide: Court Docket Grants Bail To Home Chief Doguwa / Latest Vibes :logic Ft Eminem: Homicide Lyrics / Villagers Catch Huge Python In Awka, Anambra, Cut Its Stomach Open After Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? by Adebanjids1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
I just read it now, that:

"Suicide capsules are now legal in Switzerland.

If you become tired of living or have a terminal illness and you no longer wish to stay alive and bear the pains, you can purchase and use them and die a painless death.

From a deep sleep after which the heart stops..."
-Kelly Hassino

MY TAKE
Choice on the first hand, they say is paramount yet a choice to stop living I see as mental derangement which should be managed by a psychiatrist in a rehab.

On the other hand, I think pity/mercy killing shouldn't be seeing as an abomination most especially in case when one is incapacitated and there is no life in view.

"Ikúkú yá jè'sín lo" says a Yoruba proverb.

What's are your take? Is euthanasia really a criminal homicide beyond objectivity and should be jettisoned and tagged bad, even as we have it being legalised in Switzerland?

#Adebanjids
TAILOR, Content Developer & an Unrepentant Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/100001921281431/posts/6430411370366175/?app=fbl

Re: Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? by backnbeta(f): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
What is "ikuku Yara Jesin?" It's "iku (death) "ya" (is better) "ju esin", je'sin (than shame). This is
more applicable in situations where someone's action may likely bring shame to the family. For instance, a family member going to prison for a crime, madness and all that.

Euthanasia on it's own is an academic discourse that has generated several debates within and outside the academia. It's not really something our personal opinions can settle; it's a matter of belief, societal values and conscience! I don't think there's a right or wrong party! As a Christian, I believe in miracles, hence I think it's better not to see a situation as totally hopeless; doesn't mean I'm right or wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? by illicit(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ori agba re, o San ju oju agba re lo....

Some deaths are better than some form of living

1 Like

Re: Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? by Adebanjids1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
backnbeta:
What is "ikuku Yara Jesin?" It's "iku (death) "ya" (is better) "ju esin", je'sin (than shame). This is
more applicable in situations where someone's action may likely bring shame to the family. For instance, a family member going to prison for a crime, madness and all that.
Euthanasiaa on it's own is actually an academic discourse that has generated several debates within and outside the academia. It's not really something out personal opinions can settle; it's a matter of belief, societal values and conscience! I don't think there's a right or wrong party! As a Christian, I believe in miracles, hence I think it's better not to see a situation as totally hopeless; doesn't mean I'm right or wrong!

Thanks for sharing...I did appreciate boss.
Re: Pity Killing And The Yoruba Proverb Of Ikúkú Yá Jè'sín, A Criminal Homicide? by Adebanjids1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
illicit:
Ori agba re, o San ju oju agba re lo....

Some deaths are better than some form of living

Agba o ni tan lorile

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive-2023: PDP Considers Tambuwal, Wike Ticket / Is Rivers State, A Good Place For Service? / Idris Medugu Celebrates Dr Lydia, Newly Appointed Fed Perm Sec From Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.