Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Late Sylvester Oromoni: Lessons Learnt From His Demise (My Opinion) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Late Sylvester Oromoni: Lessons Learnt From His Demise (My Opinion) (232 Views)

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / Should I Get My Brother's Wife Arrested, After His Demise? / 5-Year Marriage Experience: Lessons Learnt & Knowledge Acquired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Late Sylvester Oromoni: Lessons Learnt From His Demise (My Opinion) by Philadelphia: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2021
This is my first comment about the demise of late Master Sylvester Oromoni. It is a sad event but it’s important that people (parents especially) learn from this event to prevent future occurrences or their wards from being victims.

Aside bullying, there are other atrocities being committed in the Nigerian educational institutions from crèche to tertiary institutions. Female children (especially) face sexual molestation and abuses, likewise the males. Sylvester’s death shouldn’t be in vain. Thus, I highlighted 7 take home from his demise.
Other contributions and opinions are welcomed.
Lessons learnt:

1.) Parents, draw closer to your children. Create that atmosphere where they can confide in you & tell you everything. Parenting is not by paying tuition and other fees.

2.) Ask your children & their friends random questions. Use psychology to get them talking about key issues such as sexuality, their peers, morality, social media and even their teachers. Pretend as though you have found something awkward and get them talking.

3.) Visit your children’s school unannounced and make your observations. Ask the low ranking staffs (security men, janitors, nannies and gatemen) some random questions about what goes on in the school. You’ll be surprised to hear what they see. These people see lots than you can imagine and they’re going to answer you in order to be relevant. Sometimes, tip them or make friends with them. You can use them to keep eyes on your kids.

4.) Make friends with some of the key staffs of the school and ask them to keep eyes on your children.

5.) Make friends with some other parents whose children attend same school or class with your kids. Find time to discuss with them about their children too and the school.

6.) Conduct routine evaluations on your children, physically, emotionally, mentally and psychologically. You may need to visit a trained psychologist or a medical practitioner for this.

7.) Trust in the Self-Existing One. His eyes and hands see and reach where yours cannot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Places To Be In LAGOS This CHRISTMAS / What Many Failed To Realize... / Factors The Judge Considers Before Granting The Custody Of A Child To A Parent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.