Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife (5330 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / If A Woman Has Friends, Does It Mean She Will Be A Bad Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Mille:
On what caused the resentment.

I'm sure you all remembered when MTN network was down until the next day. Well, that day I and my daughter went to bed hungry. It was the first time in my 28 years I have ever gone to bed without eating dinner.

I receive my pay in my dorm account in USD. So I have a BDC guy who I transfer dollar to whenever I need cash. I didn't know MTN will fumble that day because I splurged all my Naira earlier that day. Evening came, MTN was down. I couldn't get across to BDC and it was already too late to go to bank to withdraw. I saw this woman's bank balance that same evening but she lied she didn't have any cash. I didn't challenge her and she chose to allow everyone sleep hungry that night including our baby. Don't even ask about breast milk because the whole night, all I was hearing was her whining that she hasn't eaten and the baby shouldn't disturb her with cries for breastfeeding.

The next morning by 7AM, I was able to get across to my BDC guy and exchanged the cash. That was the first time I have ever confronted her and I lambasted her that morning.

Still it is the same. When I have to pay PHCN bills, she'll rather have us sleep in darkness if my bank has network issues than use her own account.

Now the funny thing is, she will never go out without buying something on her way for me. So I'm a bit confused and resentful.

...I’m guessing you guys didn’t have discussions on finance management before committing to each other maritally. That’s the engine of every relationship. There’s something I always say...love is weakness. Not love in it self, the idea of being in love. Thinking because you’re in love you won’t cheat or get cheated on, won’t hurt or hurt someone, the mentality that because you’re there financially for your spouse, they will also be there for you as well. These are all fantasies to those who experience unrequited love. Some people have it all good, some others just don’t. It’s life. Nature has it’s way of balancing things.
What you’re experiencing now is called reality. Normally I would have said these are signs you should have noticed while you love birds were still dating but then people change and that’s reality.

A wise spouse would guard against every eventuality, think 2 or 3 steps ahead. If not even for yourselves but for your child for goodness sakes. I for one wouldn’t let my little baby girl go to bed hungry. You don’t rely on people in absentia and you don’t apportion blames. Expectations hurt! You fix things and get them working. See there are ways you handle issues people might not like you, every one mustn’t, but they’ll respect you.
Don’t be deceived if anyone tells you on this forum that it wouldn’t happen again. It would bro, however the major concern would be what actions and counter actions are you going to put in place now to ward off such eventuality?
Please that Princess shouldn’t go to bed hungry again, if that happens next time, that’s on you!

PS: by means of possible solutions going forward...get another sim/network/wifi/modem. Don’t rely on just mtn. Dependence without backup plans hurt a lot.
Wishing you all the best in your marital journey!
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Mariangeles(f): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Mille:

Exactly what I was thinking. Of what use is opening a business for her if I'm not getting any benefits.

Mehn, I was shocked she did that and it was the main reason I lambasted her. My daughter only takes breast milk and adult food. She'll rather take water than cerealac. I already told my wife I'll never forgive that in my life.

If you like ehn, allow bitter hateful souls wey full nairaland poison your mind against your wife, you hear?
You will never forgive her in your life abi? Says a lot about the kind of human being you really are! You have a very wicked and unforgiving heart yourself!

Evaluate and ask yourself if you yourself are a good person? ARE YOU PERFECT?
Those telling you your wife is a bad person, ARE THEY GOOD?
Who are they to tell you your wife is bad?
Do you know how they are in real life?

Imagine all the nonsense you're talking about your wife behind her back, and you're letting bitter people channel their negative energies towards her by talking bad about her without you even defending her. You are a very bad husband!
I pity your wife.
If you like ehn, no protect your marriage you hear? Bitter nairalanders go use you destroy am, na that time your eyes go clear!

Petty husband!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by ceeceeuwa: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Mille:
On what caused the resentment.

I'm sure you all remembered when MTN network was down until the next day. Well, that day I and my daughter went to bed hungry. It was the first time in my 28 years I have ever gone to bed without eating dinner.

I receive my pay in my dorm account in USD. So I have a BDC guy who I transfer dollar to whenever I need cash. I didn't know MTN will fumble that day because I splurged all my Naira earlier that day. Evening came, MTN was down. I couldn't get across to BDC and it was already too late to go to bank to withdraw. I saw this woman's bank balance that same evening but she lied she didn't have any cash. I didn't challenge her and she chose to allow everyone sleep hungry that night including our baby. Don't even ask about breast milk because the whole night, all I was hearing was her whining that she hasn't eaten and the baby shouldn't disturb her with cries for breastfeeding.

The next morning by 7AM, I was able to get across to my BDC guy and exchanged the cash. That was the first time I have ever confronted her and I lambasted her that morning.

Still it is the same. When I have to pay PHCN bills, she'll rather have us sleep in darkness if my bank has network issues than use her own account.

Now the funny thing is, she will never go out without buying something on her way for me. So I'm a bit confused and resentful.
What tribe is she from?
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Hathor5(f): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2021
Mille:

And what should someone do if you have talked and there is still no changes?

What did she say? That's what I would like to know.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Hathor5(f): 11:08am On Dec 10, 2021
GboyegaD:

Oga, no wound yourself ooo. Money for bank different from cash for hand ooo. If you do not forgive, it's on you. It is eating you deep and not her.

I thought it was only me seeing this difference and possibly misunderstanding something but you saw it too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Raalsalghul: 11:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

[s]If you like ehn, allow bitter hateful souls wey full nairaland poison your mind against your wife, you hear?
You will never forgive her in your life abi? Says a lot about the kind of human being you really are! You have a very wicked and unforgiving heart yourself!

Evaluate and ask yourself if you yourself are a good person? ARE YOU PERFECT?
Those telling you your wife is a bad person, ARE THEY GOOD?
Who are they to tell you your wife is bad?
Do you know how they are in real life?

Imagine all the nonsense you're talking about your wife behind her back, and you're letting bitter people channel their negative energies towards her by talking bad about her without you even defending her. You are a very bad husband!
I pity your wife.
If you like ehn, no protect your marriage you hear? Bitter nairalanders go use you destroy am, na that time your eyes go clear!

Petty husband! [/s]

The sisterhood will always defend their own. cool

6 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Mariangeles(f): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Omode lo n se e. Ko de ni ye e. sad

Se o ti pada di obirin ni?
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 10, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Why did you change sex from male to female. U no be man again?

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by KevinDein: 11:39am On Dec 10, 2021
But I was told mother's love is unrivaled and they can lay down their lives for their kids. Lies.
Notice how even the women on this thread don't seem to see how preposterous it is for a woman to allow her baby sleep on an empty stomach and a particular one above even spinned the tale to eventually call the op petty.
You are all birds of a feather.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by GboyegaD(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hathor5:

I thought it was only me seeing this difference and possibly misunderstanding something but you saw it too. smiley

He kept insisting on the bank balance and perhaps did not ask if they could go make withdrawal. If she buys him something anytime she goes out, she does appreciate him. I think what they need is more communication and Bros needs understand that he isn't owed as his reactions in my opinion feels so.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Raalsalghul: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Framed:

Why did you change sex from male to female. U no be man again?

Only constant thing in life is change.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
KevinDein:
But I was told mother's love is unrivaled and they can lay down their lives for their kids. Lies.
Notice how even the women on this thread don't seem to see how preposterous it is for a woman to allow her baby sleep on an empty stomach and a particular one above even spinned the tale to eventually call the op petty.
You are all birds of a feather.

That's why we are the sisterhood.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Mariangeles(f): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
KevinDein:
[s]Notice how even the women on this thread don't seem to see how preposterous it is for a woman to allow her baby sleep on an empty stomach and a particular one above even spinned the tale to eventually call the op petty.
You are all birds of a feather.[/s]

Dude! Nobody supports what op's wife did!
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by iboboyswag(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
GboyegaD:

He kept insisting on the bank balance and perhaps did not ask if they could go make withdrawal. If she buys him something anytime she goes out, she does appreciate him. I think what they need is more communication and Bros needs understand that he isn't owed as his reactions in my opinion feels so.

Oga he is owed every dime of her existence. If she cannot give or attempt to see through the situation then she is no good.

Many in here have tried to downplay her actions. But the truth is bare. A stingy woman is a bad partner. And as OP has said, no amount of talking can change that.

OP you need to establish a sense of authority and new rules. Don't overgive and resist the urge to pamper her. Let her work, earn and contribute her own quota to the house. Her pricey education should not go to waste.

Save yourself the headache of tomorrow now while you can.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by iboboyswag(m): 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Omo in my days dating, I dey set the babe up steady to determine how much of herself she can give. Once I sense say you be all man for himself whilst claiming you love me, you are on your own.

And I advice younger men to not allow themselves be sucked into the fallacy that it is a man's sole responsibility to cater for the home. Only do this when you have established that if the tables were turned, you won't be turned out.

Give all of you to only those who would give all of themselves. Everywhere red eye now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by GboyegaD(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
iboboyswag:

Oga he is owed every dime of her existence. If she cannot give or attempt to see through the situation then she is no good.

Many in here have tried to downplay her actions. But the truth is bare. A stingy woman is a bad partner. And as OP has said, no amount of talking can change that.

OP you need to establish a sense of authority and new rules. Don't overgive and resist the urge to pamper her. Let her work, earn and contribute her own quota to the house. Her pricey education should not go to waste.

Save yourself the headache of tomorrow now while you can.

I rest my case.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by iboboyswag(m): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
GboyegaD:

I rest my case.

It is the supposed separation most people allow in marriages that is causing a lot of the challenges we witness with marriage today.

People who pledge I do, don't see themselves as one. They don't even treat their significant other as themselves and even many are willing to forgive siblings than they would their partners.

If you reason that your partner is you and you are your partner, parting with your money or other material possessions won't be a challenge.

And as to being owed every dime of her existence, the same applies to him in a sane and upright setting. In marriage mathematics was defied and sense thrown outside.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by GboyegaD(m): 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
iboboyswag:

It is the supposed separation most people allow in marriages that is causing a lot of the challenges we witness with marriage today.

People who pledge I do, don't see themselves as one. They don't even treat their significant other as themselves and even many are willing to forgive siblings than they would their partners.

If you reason that your partner is you and you are your partner, parting with your money or other material possessions won't be a challenge.

And as to being owed every dime of her existence, the same applies to him in a sane and upright setting. In marriage mathematics was defied and sense thrown outside.

Being owed isn't the right choice of word in my opinion as I now get your logic. One thing however is that different family, different strokes.

One thing I tell my friends is if you guys can have sex during the day without being ashamed of One another, there's nothing that can be done together. I have seen homes where money has caused troubles and it is always funny to me.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by maxinvile(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
[/quote]
ucheheart:
You are not alone my brother, Wives in this our generation are not just helpful. They come with entitlement mentality and most of them are very selfish, all they care about is themselves and their family members.
The absolute truth. I am presently experiencing such attitude with my mine where all she care is her siblings and her herself . [quote]
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Yemlizzy(f): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
Your wife made her own child go hungry to bed shocked despite having the resources to feed her. She didn’t eat because you didn’t drop money yet she has money undecided

What kind of wife and mother does that?? Doesn’t make sense one bit, if she doesn’t even care about you what about the small child cry

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Klass99(f): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2021

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Karleb(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Where do you people meet this kind of people? undecided
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by iboboyswag(m): 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Klass99:

I feel you!

One of the Youtubers I follow (a guy) said don't invest in people based on how much you like them, but based how much they are investing back in you. He didn't mean that in monetary/financial terms.

It's like, you tell Amaka I want to brainstorm stuff with you, for your perspective. She says she is busy, let's talk later. You try again 2 more times but nothing, the next time you hear from her she's asking for 5k. Meanwhile you're usually there for her, when she wants to talk and needs a soundingboard.

On the other hand, you tell Ihuoma the same thing, she is more responsive and makes the time for you guys to chat and brainstorm your issue together. You may like Amaka & Ihuoma in the same vein, but it makes more sense to invest your time, energy, company and resources in Ihuoma than Amaka, because Ihuoma invests in you by being there when you need her.

This made me laugh, but I concur.

Gbamsolutely...

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by iboboyswag(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
GboyegaD:

Being owed isn't the right choice of word in my opinion as I now get your logic. One thing however is that different family, different strokes.

One thing I tell my friends is if you guys can have sex during the day without being ashamed of One another, there's nothing that can be done together. I have seen homes where money has caused troubles and it is always funny to me.

True but that's the nature of man.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Hathor5(f): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
GboyegaD:

bold
My thoughts exactly.
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Raalsalghul: 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Klass99:

I feel you!

One of the Youtubers I follow (a guy) said don't invest in people based on how much you like them, but based how much they are investing back in you. He didn't mean that in monetary/financial terms.

It's like, you tell Amaka I want to brainstorm stuff with you, for your perspective. She says she is busy, let's talk later. You try again 2 more times but nothing, the next time you hear from her she's asking for 5k. Meanwhile you're usually there for her, when she wants to talk and needs a soundingboard.

On the other hand, you tell Ihuoma the same thing, she is more responsive and makes the time for you guys to chat and brainstorm your issue together. You may like Amaka more than Ihuoma, but it makes more sense to invest your time, energy, company and resources, in Ihuoma than Amaka, because Ihuoma invests in you, by being there when you need her.

The illustration above was my own understanding/interpretation of his words. Folks who don't understand, give and take in this life, induce a massive headache and I just can't deal.

This made me laugh, but I concur.

This makes sense on so many levels: the best thing I've read on Nairaland today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Klass99(f): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Raalsalghul: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Klass99:

wink. Why are you now pretending to be female?

The only constant thing in life is change. grin
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Oyiboman69: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Her money is her money.
Your money is OUR money cheesy

I'm not that kind of woman.
My husband will be lucky to have me.
cheesy

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by Oyiboman69: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
ogawisdom:
Lol

she doesnt believe in supporting his man financially.

you are wasting ur money opening a business for her except u dont mind if she doesnt support ur family from the biz.

whatever u do never ever go broke otherwise u will see ur ears with ur eyes.

Have plans A to F for making money n different reserve funds for the family.

By the way 95% of women are like dt, it's difficult for a woman to support their husband with their money.

In ur case i am shocked she let her daughter go to bed hungry, women don't play with their kids
most women are devil...they just wants to see the man died. she wouldn't had allowed that if the man is not there with her....

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by brain54(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mille:

Perhaps you didn't understand my post. Let me explain a bit. I actually saw her bank balance. I still saw it the same evening and the next morning. I know how much was in there at the time. I have always been self-sufficient from a young age so I have never cared about anyone else's money.

When I say it's too late for me to go to the bank. I mean it was already past 4pm and banks would be closed by then. Anyone familiar with dorm accounts know you can only withdraw dollar at the counter in the bank.
She has an ATM card? Or can make withdrawal by transfer? Cos it's late for her too to make transactions via the counter...
Re: Am I Overthinking This Or I Really Have A Bad Wife by evy800(f): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrkumareze:
Op, she is not working yet, wait until she starts business... And, don't expect her to start spending from a biz that's not stable yet.. grow your wife, she ll support you when she balance wella...
no reason wahala, the economy sometimes frustrates man thinking ... to survive in naija as a family man, u get to be strong psychologically n physically

I like your thought process not because I'm a woman but because I know objectivity when I see one...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silly Reasons Why Some Ladies Can't Wash Plates / . / I Am Now Begging The Shock For The Death Of A Boy That I Do Not Know From Adam T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.