Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating (58142 Views)

Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death In Malaysia After Confronting A Gang Member / I Consented To Sex Because I Like Doing It - 12 Year Old Tells Court / Normalcy Restored In Surulere By Police Officers After A Gang Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Toks2008(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
wirinet:

I hope you have learnt not to discard that Nnamdi Kanu is dead, and the person on trial in Abuja is a double according to aunty Kemi.

It is easy to make reference to her failed report whilst ignoring many that were true. Even news papers carry false report so what is the point.

My point is clear so don't make it look as if i don't empathize with the family of the boy..i just choose to be objective rather than getting emotionally sentimental.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by JOemmy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tifesingz:
The shamelessness of this woman! Always finding counter points to all situations just to stay relevant!

It’s a pity!!

I feel she is being paid to defend evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by omurphy23456: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
You are obviously not a Journalist but an idiot. that he conceded to be one of them? Is poison part of cults initiation right? Olodo like you.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by omurphy23456: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
correct

JOemmy:

I feel she is being paid to defend evil people.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Njc1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Things are really happening �
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by zoomzoom(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
[quote author=youngreezy post=108366961]Make this woman no make me hate her oooooo,I Know say money don exchange hands na why she come here dey cap anyhow....I respect and believe most of her news but make she no use because of money come fall her hands ooo..

You BELIEVE MOST of her NEWS abi?.
BELIEVE THIS ONE TOO nah!!!?...
WHat makes you think THIS ONE is DIFFERENT from the OTHER ONES?.
How do you KNOW THOSE OTHER ONES weren't also PAID FOR?.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Gesman: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
This mad woman claims to be investigation journalist but will never drop receipts to back her investigation.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
Penywise:
See her fake accent.

I went to boarding school and it was nothing like BBN. Also, I didn't see people forming little groups.

This woman needs to be in a psychiatric hospital.
Actually it is like BBN. Ask people who went to FGC.
Students form small groups called 'cliques'. And depending on the standard of the school, these groups can do dangerous things.
Except you went to a high end, tightly controlled school like faith academy.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Magnoliaa(f): 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
ivolt:
In which civilized society do people get taught suicide lessons for airing their opinion?

And you are supposed to be a youth who hate oppression and harassment?
SMH

As if you do not get his point? undecided undecided Or it's how he said it you have a problem with here?

There is freedom of expression, but I don't recall freedom from consequences of one's actions and utterances being a guaranteed protection in any law.

Inflammatory, defamatory and libelous comments, lies and damaging statements without proofs against people are not punishable under the law abi? That's what you're saying? The lady is fond of engaging in such. Dragging and bullying people times without number, inserting herself in every trending issues and making claims without proofs, always acting like she's an authority on people's private businesses.

She get luck say she never jam person wey go face her and give her a taste of her medicine. A craze person she'll say nonsense about that'll face and fight her in every way possible.

I pray her madness will dance and enter Hundeyin's court. Shey she wants to be forming contrarian ni. I hope she'll slight David or do so much as cast aspersions on his works. I'm waiting for that day.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by accountantben: 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
ON SYLVESTER OROMONI AND OUR FAILING SCHOOL SYSTEM.
It's a terrible thing what happened to the young man. I can imagine the pain the family is going through at the moment. To lose a young child to a needless, avoidable death, and under such tragic circumstances can be emotionally heart ♥ rending. No one should send their child to school only to hear of their death. A boarding school should be a home � away from home. May they be consoled.

The Story has raised a lot of issues about parenting, our boarding school system and by extension our educational system. Paramount of these issues is the perceived failure of the boarding school system to deliver on the quality education, security and well-being of the child. This case in particular has been joined to similar cases of neglect of duty of care by the Deeper Life School saga, the Edo College Boarding School mishap and some other cases in recent months.

Boarding schools it is said, have become centres of criminal activities like cultism, gay and lesbian clubs, bullying, drug abuse and systematic impoverishment of students by management of these schools to cut costs and make more profit. The extant reputation of boarding schools as centers for integrated learning, discipline and development of social skills is being threatened. The 'Big Brother' watchful eyes of boarding schools is no longer watching.

The second issue is pertaining to the role of parents in a child's cognitive, physical, social, emotional, spiritual development and security. Most people are of the opinion that choosing to educate your children in a boarding school is a tacit abdication of parental responsibility to raise a child for the pursuit of less gratifying wealth. For them, it is a misplacement of values.They argue that the modern world offers a difficult environment to raise children, and parents therefore need to play more active roles in the character formation of the children especially in their formative years.

Children should be under the watchful eyes of their parents from infancy to at least the teenage years they claim. Society cannot rely on boarding schools to raise decent children, since their interests may not coincide with those of parents. This is creating a crisis of confidence in schools and parenthood. Consequently, there has been calls for the end of the boarding school system. I think this is a simplistic view of things. We can't throw the baby away with the bathwater.

The third issue is that of bullying, cultism, drug abuse, body shaming, sexual harassment and perversions, truancy, juvenile delinquency, youthful exuberance and all other forms of anti-social/deviant behaviors of students in our schools, both public, private and boarding. Schools are fast becoming centers of criminal expression. With poor management and supervision by school administrators, students have converted their schools to camps of criminal enterprise.

In Benin City for instance, there is perpetual warfare between Ihogbe and Akenzua Secondary School Students.I personally witnessed a titanic clash of their students on one of my marketing engagements there. The use of stones, axes, machetes to cause mayhem on the opposite party was worrisome. It was Armageddon! I saw in the news the other day how the Idogbo Students reduced their school to rubble in a rampage. I don't understand the circumstances leading to that. I do understand however, that most of the problems we face with our school system is not unconnected to the pervasiveness of cultism and drug abuse among our young students both male and female. With a few exceptions, many schools are better equipped to produce more internet fraudsters and criminals than well educated and civilized children. One has to be extra careful in deciding which school to send their children to nowadays.

Sylvester's case happens to be all the issues laced in one. First, there is the case of negligence by the school authorities for not taking the young man to the hospital when he was discovered brutalized. There is also a case of an attempted cover up of the facts of the case by spurning a 'football' induced injury narrative as an alternative fact. The pain is further exacerbated by their attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility in the death. There is also the case that the parents did not respond in time to the call of the school about something wrong with their child. An anonymous messenger claimed the parents were intimated with the issue immediately it was discovered that the young man was badly injured, but it took about three days for the parents to present themselves at the school, and when they did, they took the boy to a church instead of a hospital where the situation got worse, leading to the boys death. I think that whole argument is lame and the anonymous agent is speaking for the school. He also claimed to have spent the last week listening to interviews of all five suspects in the case. His narrative seems bogus and filled with gaps. There is another narrative that the young Sylvester willingly allowed himself to be beaten in a 'blending' activity. He was being initiated in their cult group and willingly submitted to describe his sister's genitals and take a beating. The argument is that the whole death scenario is a cult initiation gone wrong. While it is not unheard of how students are initiated into cult groups by unconventional methods such as serious beatings of that nature, we need an independent investigation to reveal the the veracity of that claim. More investigation will reveal the remote and immediate causes of the young man's death.

In all of this though, what I see is a needless back and forth effort to push the blame on the other party. The school is having bad press as a result of their perceived negligence and poor PR handling of the matter. Their reputation is at stake and they would lose a lot of students if it is revealed how they were wittingly or unwittingly complicit in this whole problem. The parents are grieving and rightly feel injured by this whole attempt by the school to misrepresent the facts by claiming the child sustained injuries from playing football. That is playing on their intelligence and a breach of trust. The school is bound in covenant to a duty of care and skill to the child and parent, when they took him in to their boarding school. In all of this, we may be ignoring the elephant � in the room, which is that a young man full of life and dreams just died in a school system that failed him. The killers need to be tried and if found guilty, jailed. The school should have self censored by closing down itself in the interim out of respect for life and sacking some staff who may have been negligent of their duty in the case after a quick in-house investigation. They should have understood the social expectations and sensitivity of the situation, come out clean and collaborate with the parents and the public by reviewing their policies to meet the requirements of sanity and justice. They may lose some students in the short-term, but the healing effects of a good damage and effective crisis management will make it worthwhile in the long term.

All parents, schools, the public and leaders of institutions with social character can learn from this, fix their institutions and we can all move on safely. The simplistic solutions of passing the ball is an injustice to the young man and the whole issues. Someone has to take the ball and accept punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Magnoliaa(f): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
grin Did anybody even noticed the spelling of her name in the title? Fits aptly.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by winner37(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
This woman self !!!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by youngreezy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
Advocate500:
if you used to believe all the nonsense she have been releasing, why say no to this one? People like you is the major problem facing our youth,a brainless and senseless idiot will air her psychiatric induced view a supposed sane being will believe her ,what is the difference between you and and a psychiatric patient?
guy I go blow your mouth oo, people like your mama na em you dey talk about idiot
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by coolclarke(m): 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
This kemi should shot up naww..??!! Bad enough the parents lost their son she should let them mourn him!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by jojothaiv(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
suffering:
Six years, two thousand comments. You’re not a Nairalander. Move one side make better people show their face.
Duly noted, your moniker says it all.

Happy weekend by the way.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by jeff1993: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
ivolt:

In which civilized society do people get taught suicide lessons for airing their opinion?

And you are supposed to be a youth who hate oppression and harassment?
SMH
...... Do u read atall ..... I doubt
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by ivolt: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
jeff1993:
...... Do u read atall ..... I doubt
I am more worried whether you can read and understand written words.
What kind of person calls for suicide inducing punishment against another for expressing
an opposing view?
Even murderers in many countries get better treatment than that.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by jeff1993: 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
ivolt:

I am more worried whether you can read and understand written words.
What kind of person calls for suicide inducing punishment against another for expressing
an opposing view?
Even murderers in many countries get better treatment than that.
..... God !!!!! ..... For the second time ..... Do u read at all??
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by wirinet(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

It is easy to make reference to her failed report whilst ignoring many that were true. Even news papers carry false report so what is the point.
Only tabloids carry outlandish reports like aunty kemi. Reputable newspapers don't fabricate stories.

My point is clear so don't make it look as if i don't empathize with the family of the boy..i just choose to be objective rather than getting emotionally sentimental.
Objective? You mean to tell me that someone that believes an 11 year old JSS2 students is now peers to SSS2 and SSS3 students is being objective because aunty kemi says so?

You mean to tell me that an 11 year old consented to be beaten fatally by senior students in order to join their cult.

Sorry to say, but you seem to exhibit then came type of symptoms with aunty kemi.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Toks2008(m): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
wirinet:

Only tabloids carry outlandish reports like aunty kemi. Reputable newspapers don't fabricate stories.

Objective? You mean to tell me that someone that believes an 11 year old JSS2 students is now peers to SSS2 and SSS3 students is being objective because aunty kemi says so?

You mean to tell me that an 11 year old consented to be beaten fatally by senior students in order to join their cult.

Sorry to say, but you seem to exhibit then came type of symptoms with aunty kemi.

Your mumuisn is of epic proportion.

Yes he can consent if your brain can not process the meaning of the word.

To join any cult group the new recruit willingly subject him or herself to deadly turture.

You guys are filled with emotions rather than allow your senses to go to work.

Yes I choose to be objective regardless of what Kemi says. I am not the type that foolishly buys into popular opinion just to appear cool.

IF Kemi submittion is true then it may help reduce the consequence of the arrested kids if they are found guilty and mind you, they are all still minors so your brain should understand what that means.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Gospel2Day: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:
You guys are just too sentimental for my liking.

You see this lady ehn, i have learned never to discard whatever she says even if it sounds foolish. I am not saying she is right or wrong neither am i insinuating that what happened to the poor boy regardless of whether he consented or not is justified but we must understand that ''mad'' people in many instances are usually right about what they see or say. So whilst some people tag her mad, her past findings have proved to be true in most cases.
Insiders are feeding her with information unavailable to the public. Staffers and students who are privy to cultists' activities in the school, but can't come out publicly to say anything for fear of reprisals are sending private messages/emails to her, I guess.
A group of 'seniors' won't just come into a hostel room to beat someone who had no previous dealings with them, whether he insulted one of them or made passes at their girlfriend, or betrayed them or belongs to a rival cult group, etc.
Truth is, Brutal beating is one way people are initiated and admitted into cult groups. If it's a girl, they gangrape her to initiate her instead of beating her mercilessly, like they do to males.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by buchilino(m): 1:51am On Dec 11, 2021
Timekeeper:

U r scared bcox u might nt be better than her if u r in such position

I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME ANSWERING OR TRY SAVING PPLE R THAT ALREADY DOOM.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by dollynnn(f): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2021
Jostoman:
na kemi replace Loretta Onoche for this government now.
cheesy
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by crossover(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2021
It is very clear to me that there are pseudo members in this forum with the intention of spinning opinions, and I think that many of the monikers in this forum are setup, to manipulate public perceptions. So unfortunate!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by We4all: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
wirinet:

I have never seen someone blame an 11 year old kid before for their actions. Blame and responsibility usually goes to their parents or care givers.

I have three children and I take full responsibility to their actions.

You got to be kidding me! 11-year-old isn’t 11Months old. Are you trying to say an 11-year old is free to do whatever he likes?

Even my aunt that pampered her kids used to hold her son responsible when he clocked 8. Even at that, I felt it should have been earlier than that.

As a 7-year old, I could tell what was wrong or right and don’t feel bad about being raised like that.

You should bear in mind that life is unpredictable and you may not always be around your kids. Now is the time to catch them young and mould them for what lies ahead.

I presume you read the story of that 9 or 10 year old girl that burnt down a Supermarket intentionally. If her parents had taught her to be responsible, she wouldn’t have done that.

Even my niece who is about her age condemned her and called her wicked. That to me is exemplary.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by wirinet(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
We4all:

You got to be kidding me! 11-year-old isn’t 11Months old. Are you trying to say an 11-year old is free to do whatever he likes?
I never said an 11-year old is free to do whatever he likes. What i said is that the responsibility for the actions of an 11 years lies with its parents, guardian or care givers.

Even my aunt that pampered her kids used to hold her son responsible when he clocked 8. Even at that, I felt it should have been earlier than that.
Exactly what I am saying. Parents should hold their children responsible for their actions. Meanwhile the society and the law holds the parents responsible for the actions of the ordered children. That's why an 8 year old cannot be arrested or prosecuted for crimes they commit, their parents are.

As a 7-year old, I could tell what was wrong or right and don’t feel bad about being raised like that.

You will be surprised that most 7 year olds don't know what's right or wrong but acquire the rights and wrongs of their parents. Some 7 year old children of Muslim fundamentalists had been taught by their father that beheading an infidel is right.

You should bear in mind that life is unpredictable and you may not always be around your kids. Now is the time to catch them young and mould them for what lies ahead.
This statement is contradictory. How can you catch them young and mould them when you may not always be around due to the unpredictability of life? The bottom line is people should not be having children they are not prepared to raise.
That's why in civilised climes, children are taken away from parents who show they cannot be responsible for children.

I presume you read the story of that 9 or 10 year old girl that burnt down a Supermarket intentionally. If her parents had taught her to be responsible, she wouldn’t have done that.
Yes I read the story. But I did not read the final outcome. Was the 9 or 20 year old arrested and prosecuted? Is she in jail or asked to pay for the damages? Please fill us in with the conclusion.

Even my niece who is about her age condemned her and called her wicked. That to me is exemplary.

Every one can condemn her, but can we hold her liable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Police And Army Officers Fight In Lagos After Policeman Hit A Soldier (Photos) / Photos From The Ondo Bank Armed Robbery Attack, One Suspect Nabbed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.