Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts (5382 Views)

Goat Arrested For Attacking Dog And Pupils In South Africa (photos) / Sanwo-Olu Family House On Fire. His Mother Lives There (Video) / Nicole Mnguni, Student Commits Suicide As Teacher Bullies Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by money121(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2021
DON'T ENCOURAGE BULLIES, THEY'RE PERVERTS, SANWO-OLU COUNSELS PUPILS

•Report them immediately, Governor Advises

•Governor commissions new classroom blocks, 182-bed dormitory in Lagos Model College

At the commissioning of four newly delivered school infrastructure projects in Lagos State Model College in Igbokuta, Ikorodu division, on Friday, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu spared time to engage in a heart-to-heart talk with pupils on bullying.

The Governor frowned at any action taken up by pupils to become overbearing on their mates and anyone partaking in organised intimidation of students. He described bullying as “perversive culture” alien to the virtue of education.

Sanwo-Olu told the pupils that bullying must not be seen as a sign of courage, but antics of physical weakness, urging them to immediately report anyone intimidating them.

He said: “The choice of school projects we are delivering is to raise the standards of our schools and ensure that you pupils learn under the most conducive environment. You must be well behaved, if there is any unusual event, don’t be afraid to say it out. We will not allow bullying in our schools.

“Pupils in the senior classes will not be allowed to bully their mates in junior classes. Senior pupils are meant to support and encourage their junior ones. We do not want to have pupils that will be condoning bullying and cultism in their schools. Anyone of you who is a bully or member of a secret cult group must renounce and stay away from the act.

“I encourage you to say something if you see something. We are determined to eradicate bullying and ensure there is harmony in all our schools. I want you to be supportive of one another. It is only when you support yourselves that you will grow to become great students, individuals and great citizens of this nation.”

Sanwo-Olu challenged the teachers to be watchful and attentive to pupils’ observation, noting that showing understanding could save bullied pupils.

Handing over the ultramodern 12 classrooms block, 182-bed dormitory, reading rooms and a laundromat built in the State-owned Model College, Sanwo-Olu said his administration believed effective teaching and learning could only take place when standard infrastructure and well-trained teaching staff are provided.

His Government, he said, remained committed to raising quality and providing equitable education to all students.

He said: “Our Government is committed not only to the students’ educational progress, but to the fulfilment of teachers. The 95 per cent performance recorded in the last West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) results by this Model College is impressive and we are beginning to see the outcome of the investment we are committing to education.

“In the current year, we allocated N122 billion on education, which is the second largest after infrastructure. We delivered over 1,097 projects in 970 schools across Lagos, while ensuring prompt construction and rehabilitation of 322 dilapidated public schools and provision of 87,000 dual composite units of furniture. Next year, the allocation to education has been raised by 22 per cent, estimated to be about N171 billion, for education alone.”

Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, said the new projects would increase enrolment of students in the catchment area and help develop pupils’ potential.

She said Sanwo-Olu’s infrastructure drive in schools was to ensure all students across State-owned schools received same quality of education in a conducive environment.

“All members of the education family are happy to see that Mr. Governor’s promises are being kept in less than three years,” Adefisayo said.
https://www.dateline.ng/sanwo-olu-commissions-new-classroom-blocks-182-bed-dormitory-in-lagos-model-college/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by money121(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2021
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by taiwofawole: 8:35am On Dec 11, 2021
There should be strict rules against bully

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2021
I will never forget a report about a foreign media that states Nigerian kids don dey use to bullying and no dey commit suicide like American kids because of bullying... The thread even made front page, and everybody was talking about how rugged Nigerians are because they can take been bullied and come out stronger grin

I doubt anyone spoke against bullying on the thread, no one saw it as a bad thing, but because of the boy that died in Dowen, everybody don suddenly see bullying as a bad thing grin

Nigerians are just one kin funny people grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by JavaScript9091: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2021
True words. Bullying and support to bullying should be phased out of Nigerian schools. The bullied child is affected psychologically and might have inferiority complex throughput his life
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
If you are into real estate Check the link on my signature

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by lkillbrokehoes: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2021
Oshey
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Memphitz357: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2021
But Lagos State government na bullies too naaaa.
Nor be una dey use agbero take bully transporters that are trying to make a honest living??
This APC government are just a bunch of self contradicting muthafuckaz!!!
F**k you for supporting APC!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Voomgoo(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2021
How does bullying relate to perversion?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2021
Is it that he doesn't know what pervert mean or the blogger put that statement?

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Skillsnigeria: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2021
His Excellency The executive Governor of Lagos state with his social relationship, you're the best thing to happen to Lagos state, forget the endsars miscreants

for doing itamaga/ijede road you will forever have my respect as fashola no matter what he might have done will have my respect for doing itamaga/ota-ona road. you duo are blessing to Ikorodu people
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by marsup: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2021
Voomgoo:
something that isn't normal, it doesn't necessarily have to be sexually related.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Oloruntade4(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2021
money121:
DON'T ENCOURAGE BULLIES, THEY'RE PERVERTS, SANWO-OLU COUNSELS PUPILS

•Report them immediately, Governor Advises

•Governor commissions new classroom blocks, 182-bed dormitory in Lagos Model College

https://www.dateline.ng/sanwo-olu-commissions-new-classroom-blocks-182-bed-dormitory-in-lagos-model-college/amp/

Good Counsel
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Jbraize: 10:33am On Dec 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Truvelisback(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2021
Bully is not something new. It has been for a very long time, even in the Bible too. I think there no school that doesn't have Bullies.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Pathokpo: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2021
money121:
Nice one
The problem with bullies is that they are usually encouraged by spectators that find them as being funny most times. If the actions of these guys are frowned upon by all they would have no other option but to stop.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Kingmena: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2021
Nice one.
Do you know, when you contact me, I can help you restructure your business to maximize profit for just a token.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by yemmywesey(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2021
But mr governor you encouraged bullying in lagos state. Nurtw and toan bully bus drivers and keke riders in an attempt to forcefully collect money from them. Why can't you create a modern method or electronic method to collect taxes from transporters. Because all the money Nurtw collect from the drivers and conductors is not being recognized as a tax payment , I don't know what the hell the money is used for. And average keke driver pay 4,ooo naira daily, a bus driver pays 8,000 naira daily to Nurtw and toan .
One useless tout will start bullying a father on a steering wheel who is try to make a decent living.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Crafteck1: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2021
Lol.. From APC

Endsars
Lekki killings

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Druss(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2021
So when Tinubu bullies you and your colleagues ...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by highoctane: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2021
JavaScript9091:
True words. Bullying and support to bullying should be phased out of Nigerian schools. The bullied child is affected psychologically and might have inferiority complex throughput his life
I totally disagree, I was punished all over and all over again by ex Biafran soliders who are senior students in my school, that was in 1975, we junior students are militarily punished, I don't know any of us who came out with inferiority complex, we are flogged and we developed thick skin, We had a dormitory that was dreaded called Dordan Barracks, there all the heavies gather, some of us who choosed to domicile there came out in flying colors.
If you are bullied never never cower,stood your ground., it's a bully that have low self esteem. Never cower, never be afraid
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Whiteways: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2021
Perversion is anything considered unacceptable. He's right.

Voomgoo:
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by TheGift: 11:50am On Dec 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I will never forget a report about a foreign media that states Nigerian kids don dey use to bullying... The thread even made front page, and everybody was talking about how rugged Nigerians are because they can take been bullied and come out stronger grin

I doubt anyone spoke against bullying on the thread, no one saw it as a bad thing, but because of the boy that died in Dowen, everybody don suddenly see bullying as a bad thing grin

True talk.

One reason many of those folks didn’t condemn bullying is because they also bullied others.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by mediainc: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Memphitz357:
Nor be una dey use agbero take bully transporters that are trying to make a honest living??
Though not the best way, but they are collecting revenue, which every government have the right to do, the style might not be right, and this is an undoing of the transport union, not the governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Nijablast: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
Memphitz357:
I used to think this way b4 bro, until I bought a car and realized only mad people dey drive for Lagos,
The only people that can collect money from transporters in Lagos are Agberos.
If you are ready to use your B sc certificate for collecting money from Lagos Transporters abeg send your CV I will link you up.���
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by razzydoo(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2021
Yes, bullying is akin to sexual perversion. If you don't get it, forget it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Imustnottalk: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I will never forget a report about a foreign media that states Nigerian kids don dey use to bullying and no dey commit suicide like American kids because of bullying... The thread even made front page, and everybody was talking about how rugged Nigerians are because they can take been bullied and come out stronger grin

Nigeria dey follow trend
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Pupils: Don't Encourage Bullies, They're Perverts by Memphitz357: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2021
mediainc:

Though not the best way, but they are collecting revenue, which every government have the right to do, the style might not be right, and this is an undoing of the transport union, not the governor.
The tactics they use....isn't it similar to bullying??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Sunday Igboho's House Set On Fire(pics) / Snakes In Your WC . A Solution - Pics Included / Photos Of A Man Who Was Buried In His Car Have Emerged On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.