Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man (70045 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / I'm The Best Husband In The World. HML To Me(picture) / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Gmajor(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
Sickle cell is more common in people of African descent
thebosstrevor1:
Guess they are a family of SS.

This genotype stuff made me believe in the survival of the fittest.

Soon those with AS and SS will be without partners for procreation because AA wants to marry only AA.

But it is interesting to note that genotype isn't a topic of discussion when dating or marrying in the developed world.
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by dettolgel: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Soon those with AS and SS will be without partners for procreation because AA wants to marry only AA.

But it is interesting to note that genotype isn't a topic of discussion when dating or marrying in the developed world.

The simple answer is that those along the malaria belt evolve to have AS as a way to survive malaria which is not an issue in the west.

1 Like

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Timoleon(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
Thanks
TONYE001:
@ thebosstrevor1, Timoleon , and all others that may be interested.

Kindly look up "balanced polymorphism."

You can find more info in this publication by Amale et al. (2013); find the link below:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3636349/

2 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Because it is something that primarily affects us in subsaharan Africa.
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by LifeOfTrigga(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

You dumb fckn travestite if the message is that certain genotypes are synonymous with early deaths then you are even dumber that the messenger

Make person hold this guy, him brain bolt din comot and the spanner no dey market

4 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by MJBOLT: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
I've never given much thought to it but all my life malaria is the one thing that keeps me down,e go be like say I wan die sef undecided
Scary stuff

TONYE001:

Genotype has always been there right from the beginning of time. What wasn't there was the knowledge of it, especially in Africa and other developing societies.

As regards malaria, it is actually the AS genotype that is "stronger."

People with the AA genotype are more susceptible to coming down with malaria.

If you study the history of malaria and if you follow the patterns of spread as well as its severity and deaths, you would find that surviving malaria then correlated with the AS genotype.

I understand I'm saying so much with no source and this isn't good enough. Because of this, I shall revisit this post with a source once I'm free.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Matthewdan(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
legba1:
But none of those kids look like one with SS wahala.... E get as those folks dey look,sometime with tiny hands and legs with big tummy..
not true
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Born2Breed(f): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
This one touch me!!!

May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by dotedote: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
Please could you tell us what you do in the "developed world" that makes it a non-issue.

But it is interesting to note that genotype isn't a topic of discussion when dating or marrying in the developed world.[/quote]
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by techWriter3: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
Mtcheww I be AS and I go still marry my babe wey be AS . You know, we can help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Businessman1986(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:
So what the Bleep is the message here?

What do you THINK?
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by wman20: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
I Just checked the site, massive SEO. Nice business idea from Seun

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by donforeign: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kazeem47:
Buy how those ancient take survive these kind thing?
baba I tire o ..
The thing get as e be
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Ficeo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
Systrom:
Mtcheww

I be AS and I go still marry my babe wey be AS undecided
I wish you well.
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by grandstar(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

SS mostly affects Blacks. If a white person suffers from it, they most likely have Black ancestory. So, it need not be an issue for dating or marrying.

However, it is a silent problem amongst African Americans. It may not be as pronounced as it is here but many over there suffer from it.

Forget about that marriage stuff. We are increasingly living in a world tilted towards babies born to baby-mamas and papas rather through a marriage

In such a clime, genotype be damned. Fulfilling lust comes first with its unwanted pregnancies and children.

3 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Imjustagirl(f): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Because it is only prevalent in the black race
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
When the fvck is too sweet na him dey cause this one.
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by siant: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
But my father and mother are both AS, we, the children are 5. All of us are AS, no SS.

1 Like

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Owopariola01: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Well, it's not just about Genotype when it comes to malaria; blood group also matters as well.

Blood group O is the most resistant to malaria. So you may be AA and still be more resistant to malaria than many AS or SS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Owopariola01: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
TONYE001:

When malaria hit us initially in those days, people with the AA genotype had more severe morbidity and a higher mortality. Basically, they died the most.

But because of the resilient nature of the AS genotype to malaria, people with AS survived more. As procreation continued, more AS children were born, thereby saving us from being wiped by malaria.

If not for this, we would have suffered severely from malaria.
Genotype is not the only thing that determines resistance to malaria.

1 Like

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by dontai(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

They Survived nothing! sad

Many Died in their Tens and Hundred Probably due to this Genotype issue! sad

M.K.O Abiola said up to 16 or 17 of his Siblings died B4 he was Born! undecided embarassed
you are right, that time they term it "abiku".

1 Like

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by JooEeL(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

But what if a white man releases a cure for it? Black men like you who jump at it right?

Typical black men. See the way he has no iota of hope in creating a cure. Only to consume and have sex them sabi.

Chai God. Why this curse on black man? embarassed
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by micxwell(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2021
siant:
But my father and mother are both AS, we, the children are 5. All of us are AS, no SS.
There is a 75% chance that a child born will be AS. Your case is just one of those good ones.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by Sanmel(f): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
Despite all these awareness , I'm really amazed that we still have so many persons with SS around..
I personally know of a young couple, husband is a banker while the wife is a lawyer, both AS. Now they have 3kids, 2 with SS and one AS.. They keep visiting the hospital from time to time and it pains me so much..
Why allow such trauma on oneself despite being enlightened

6 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by stuffs4me(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The bolded is very true. Even though I am AA, I still went and married an AA
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by donforeign: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Me and my woman have the same genotype, so it's not a thing of concern, we are both good. cool
which genotype?
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by JooEeL(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
TONYE001:

When malaria hit us initially in those days, people with the AA genotype had more severe morbidity and a higher mortality. Basically, they died the most.

But because of the resilient nature of the AS genotype to malaria, people with AS survived more. As procreation continued, more AS children were born thereby saving us from being wiped by malaria.

If not for this, we would have suffered severely from malaria.

Leddem know...
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by yunqdady: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2021
RaYwon6:
Nothing like survival of the fittest here.. na Grace wey God give you na him you supposed dey thank am for... That airforce woman where snake bite that day, shey na genotype kill am? Abi Silvester where Dem kill of recent boya na genotype kill am too.. if God spare you, thank am cus no be beans or moi moi na him alone o... If HIV positive patient fit dey alive, what then is genotype that can kill? Na just God and nobody else... Brother man, give thanks to the source that create life cry cry cry
You Are a disgrace to education

3 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by femi4: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Olaawealth:

Not to some extent... They're completely safe. �
What if your wife is SS...you don't want your children to grow up without their mother
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by noble2faith(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
meetgaya:

Genotype or no genotype, everybody will be gone soon. Tell me one AA that has never tasted death? Before you came to this Earth God has ordained you before when you will be born and when you will die. Genotype doesn't determine that.

I can get my balls that you are a Muslim!

FYI God has given man the freewill to choose between what's right and what's wrong! Most of the evil occurrences that destroy are either by choice or by being victim of circumstances.

Stop thinking warpedly!

3 Likes

Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by bid4rich(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
Systrom:
Mtcheww

I be AS and I go still marry my babe wey be AS undecided

Correct guy
Re: Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man by noble2faith(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
MrEazi223:

You make sense bro

He made sense? Like seriously?
Could this be a sarcasm or u literally meant what you said? shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm A 102-Year-Old — Good Sex Is My Secret To A Long Life / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? / My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.