Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? (15677 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Men, Would You Hire A Male Nanny For Your Daughter? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

When ever you see a man as a house husband, na condition bend crayfish

there is no condition under which a man enters a marriage without a job except the condition of "yeye man and desperate woman"....and it hardly ever ends well because the deaperation will eventually clear from the woman's eye but once a yeye man always a yeye man..
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

This your assessment is wrong, especially the first paragraph
i meant that will be the only time their husband will be in the limelight, because their husband is the source of their wealth. IF THE HUSBAND ISN'T THE SOURCE OF HIS WIFE WEALTH, THEN NO ONE GETS TO KNW HIM , AND IF NA LIE ASK ALAKIJA, OKONJO IWEALA, ELLEN SIRLEAF, QUEEN ELIZABETH ETC.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Snow02: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
Open a business for me, buy me gifts and take Kia of me nd we got a deal

But we all know the opposite will happen
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by NemoDatQuod(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2021
I thought the context of this conversation is that the wife will be the bread winner for the man to become a house husband i.e a woman who has a carreer and would not mind her husband staying home. Without that, it will require a man who has already made the money he needs. But then it questions the entire arrangement as I don't know what the wife will be doing. I am not and have never been a fan of a woman who does nothing. Men and women were created equal and endowed with the ability to think and work hard and be the best they can be. So I have never understood why a woman won't be able to excel as much as she wants. I grew up with women who excelled and continue to excel in whatever they chose to pursue including my mum and my sisters. Same for the man. I don't and won't hang out with " urgent 2K" women.
As I stated earlier, I won't have a problem with doing the house work. I will actually enjoy it including inculcating the right values to my kids. There is great joy in doing that. My overarching point is that being a provider does not necessarily mean providing money. There are more important things than money that a man can provide and most of these things are lost while the man is busy hustling for money.

frozen70:
Ko

No one is laying emphasis on money in this particular topic

But if you mean to say that money shouldn't come in, how will the children go to school, pay for test books

How possible is it to leave in a tented apartment with our paying rent

How do you get food stuffs and keep for the family without buying it with money

How do you cloth yourself without buy clothes

What else do you think we need at home that we don't need money to buy it

It's still in the same cooky-jar, if you can't hustle to keep the family going be you man or woman, humble yourself and do the house work
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Pataricatering(f): 1:04am On Dec 13, 2021
ShaqFu:
Everything. Remember if not for sex/fvck you won't be here constituting nuisance. grin
I'm sure your head is full of semen instead of brain matter.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Munzy14(m): 3:01am On Dec 13, 2021
Mariangeles:

cheesy

The day we all remove the M and the F tags beside our monikers, nairaland will begin to make sense.
Our comments will no longer be judged based on gender, but as our opinions.
Gender hate will decrease drastically.

Then same genders will begin to admire and chyke themselves na....The negative side of it.. grin

Even though some males claim female, while some females claim male here.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Munzy14(m): 3:10am On Dec 13, 2021
Mariangeles:
Who can even stand a househusband!?
grin grin Even housewife is out of the equation nowadays, ma ya fodukwa nwoke kwesiri i headi a home..

If no work, business is an option..As long one has a place to go to in the morning, and return later.

Idleness comes with a lot of dirty mindset.

My aunt wu housewife ji awa di ya ishi...I can't set my head on fire biko....If I win bread, ya winia akara.. grin

If She wins bread, I have to win Akara...It is a must..Maka happiness and love in the family..
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by cococandy(f): 5:13am On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

This is how you see housewives? They do nothing but collect gifts?
The responses of the men show they have no clue how much work goes into being the stay home parent. That’s the proof that they’ll will be terrible at the job because they assume it means to relax and be pampered. So out of touch and clueless about what it takes to run a home.
And that’s the reason why it will fail. Because expecting them to actually do what stay at home wives do, will result in friction due to their own lack of knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by cococandy(f): 5:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Mmm hmmm
Acidosis:
Men should always assist their wives even if they earn all the money in the world. If things go bad and you, the man, becomes broke, helping out won't disrupt your ego because you're already used to chores. It's that simple.

The idea of role sharing based on who earns what has never made any sense to me. Y'all stop worshipping money. Don't let money control your life and relationship with those you care about.

The concept of househusband can only be a topic of discussion in a dysfunctional home, where the man sees the need to put a title on a common and basic responsibility of sensible husbands and fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by movid(m): 5:37am On Dec 13, 2021
Ishilove:

We are not programmed to be providers but nurturers. That's our default role
My sister some formulas don't work in this country again. 1+1 may not be 2, it may be 3. However, there will be no respect for the husband if the table turns around like tht but I believe something, how you run your home is different from how I run mine.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by 7victor(m): 6:35am On Dec 13, 2021
Mariangeles:

I wouldn’t mind. undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2021
cococandy:

The responses of the men show they have no clue how much work goes into being the stay home parent. That’s the proof that they’ll will be terrible at the job because they assume it means to relax and be pampered. So out of touch and clueless about what it takes to run a home.
And that’s the reason why it will fail. Because expecting them to actually do what stay at home wives do, will result in friction due to their own lack of knowledge

This is why I love the initiatives in some countries that encourage men to stay at home for a while to look after their babies. They can bond with their children better but also see how demanding looking after a baby is.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Akuruoulo:
i love mothers to be involved financially too

Most mothers are.

2 Likes

efficiencie:

Yes? Why not?

Have you got kids? Rhetorical question.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2021
cococandy:
Mmm hmmm

Hmmmm
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by cococandy(f): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

This is why I love the initiatives in some countries that encourage men to stay at home for a while to look after their babies. They can bond with their children better but also see how demanding looking after a baby is.
Yup.
Better yet. moms who have to work (which really are most moms), should leave the children and house work for their fathers when they go to work and also take time to rest when they get back. Nothing will help them appreciate each other’s contributions more than actually having to participate in it. Let everyone really participate in this breadwinning and parenting thing so that they are not making ignorant statements on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
I thought the context of this conversation is that the wife will be the bread winner for the man to become a house husband i.e a woman who has a carreer and would not mind her husband staying home. Without that, it will require a man who has already made the money he needs. But then it questions the entire arrangement as I don't know what the wife will be doing. I am not and have never been a fan of a woman who does nothing. Men and women were created equal and endowed with the ability to think and work hard and be the best they can be. So I have never understood why a woman won't be able to excel as much as she wants. I grew up with women who excelled and continue to excel in whatever they chose to pursue including my mum and my sisters. Same for the man. I don't and won't hang out with " urgent 2K" women.
As I stated earlier, I won't have a problem with doing the house work. I will actually enjoy it including inculcating the right values to my kids. There is great joy in doing that. My overarching point is that being a provider does not necessarily mean providing money. There are more important things than money that a man can provide and most of these things are lost while the man is busy hustling for money.

All you said were correct

The topic is about the house husband but you know that for a man that be a house husband, probably he is not making it at his place of work and decides to be the house husband

A lazy man can't be a house husband, it will expose his laziness

Same thing I s applicable with women

I also believe that house husband or wife does more jobs than the breed winer

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2021
jaxxy:

If u know u can’t respect ur husband don’t marry him. It’s very simple.

Ask Funke alakija. Marriage is not by force. Many women are doing baby mama now, it’s an option for women who feel money is what determines their respect.

Mind u women have always been co providers from historic days by farming and other things so there is nothing new about women providing for their home.

A wife is not chef and baby factory only.

If u like make N1billion a month u must still respect ur husband. If u have problems with respecting him don’t marry him at all. Simple. undecided

The contest here is providing for the family not about respect or no respect

If a man can't provide and can't help, what does he nerd the respect for ?

When a man subjects a woman to play his roles in the family and the man is OK lazing around, what's the essence of giving him respect

Women gives respect to men especially those that deserves it

As for baby mama, it's not byeforce to marry a woman you got impregnated

That's why we have baby mama and baby dady

As far as nature has bond women with children, they are not the one loosing

Women must always get love and care from the public and her children
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by jaxxy(m): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2021
frozen70:

The contest here is providing for the family not about respect or no respect

If a man can't provide and can't help, what does he nerd the respect for ?

When a man subjects a woman to play his roles in the family and the man is OK lazing around, what's the essence of giving him respect

Women gives respect to men especially those that deserves it

As for baby mama, it's not byeforce to marry a woman you got impregnated

That's why we have baby mama and baby dady

As far as nature has bond women with children, they are not the one loosing

Women must always get love and care from the public and her children

Why would u marry a man who can’t provide for u and then start to complain or want to turn him to a house boy?

Marry who can provide for his home. The level of provision depends on what he has and he definitely won’t steal to please u. If u are not ok with stay single or join in providing also. It is not a crime for a woman to also provide for her home instead a lazing about also.

Providing is done by both parents and it depends on who has more at the time. Even at the the man is still the head of the home and if u don’t like it u can be single. It’s not by force.

A woman can never be head of the home even if she’s the breadwinner. Period.

Don’t marry any man who can’t provide for his home and if u marry him then that’s ur problem. If u become the breadwinner along the way that shouldn’t change anything in the marriage either.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2021
jaxxy:

Why would u marry a man who can’t provide for u and then start to complain or want to turn him to a house boy?

Marry who can provide for his home. The level of provision depends on what he has and he definitely won’t steal to please u. If u are not ok with stay single or join in providing also. It is not a crime for a woman to also provide for her home instead a lazing about also.

Providing is done by both parents and it depends on who has more at the time. Even at the the man is still the head of the home and if u don’t like it u can be single. It’s not by force.

A woman can never be head of the home even if she’s the breadwinner. Period.

Whether head of the home or not,
Marriage belongs to women

Family is being overseas and handle by women

Children are made for women, while women are made for men

A man's life in both happiness and sadness is determined by his relationship with his woman

A woman is like the neck that carrys the head (husband) and the body (children)

So with this little points, what does a woman needs to be identified as the head of the family

Have you ever seen a woman contesting to be the Head of the family

You need to get married then you will understand better

End of discussion
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2021
frozen70:

Whether head of the home or not,
Marriage belongs to women

Family is being overseas and handle by women

Children are made for women, while women are made for men

A man's life in both happiness and sadness is determined by his relationship with his woman

A woman is like the neck that carrys the head (husband) and the body (children)

So with this little points, what does a woman needs to be identified as the head of the family

Have you ever seen a woman contesting to be the Head of the family

You need to get married then you will understand better

End of discussion

Nobody is arguing that with u. Women are the pilllars so they should let the men be men.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021
jaxxy:

Nobody is arguing that with u. Women are the pilllars so they should let the men be men.

We done hear, we will let the men be, the me also should use cotton bud to clean our ears not tooth pick

That's a proverb
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by jaxxy(m): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2021
frozen70:

We done hear, we will let the men be, the me also should use cotton bud to clean our ears not tooth pick

That's a proverb

Marriage is a union not a war or battlefield. Marry who u can agree with. Whatever ideology u hold. Nobody should be forced into a box in marriage. And if u have out grown ur partner that’s a pity. U have the options to leave rather than oppressing a man that’s trying his best.

Men shouldn’t oppress the wives also bt that’s why u should know who u marry.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mariangeles(f): 11:19am On Dec 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Then same genders will begin to admire and chyke themselves na....The negative side of it.. grin

I remember some guys constantly chyking one of the male food posters because they thought he was a female. cheesy
Ndi umu nwoke hugburuhu onwe ha. cheesy

Even though some males claim female, while some females claim male here.

Males do it more.
At some point, it became a trend among them. The whole thing was just a mess.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by NemoDatQuod(m): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lol! So it's probably those who can't make it at work who decide to be house husbands. I don't know if I agree with that because I will be very happy to be a house husband. Imagine the tons of hours I'll have inbetween school runs to research new and advanced tech products and to read the thousands of books I have stockpiled electronically? That will be magical. Even now, I do take some lenghty time off work every couple of years just so I can enjoy the freedom that comes with doing things other than work. So I will be a hard working house husband.

frozen70:

The topic is about the house husband but you know that for a man that be a house husband, probably he is not making it at his place of work and decides to be the house husband

A lazy man can't be a house husband, it will expose his laziness

I also believe that house husband or wife does more jobs than the breed winer
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
Lol! So it's probably those who can't make it at work who decide to be house husbands. I don't know if I agree with that because I will be very happy to be a house husband. Imagine the tons of hours I'll have inbetween school runs to research new and advanced tech products and to read the thousands of books I have stockpiled electronically? That will be magical. Even now, I do take some lenghty time off work every couple of years just so I can enjoy the freedom that comes with doing things other than work. So I will be a hard working house husband.

I love the last sentence, a hard working house husband
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

I have done this while living with my Sis for 5 years a very long time ago, I am sure I can do every single thing as regards taking care of kids. Now I am working 9 - 5. If you give me an option, I would prefer to stay at home & chill as 9 - 5 no be beans abeg. At least you skip all this rubbish appraisals at work & the urge of eye service for your annoying boss. The problem with staying at home is that it's an unpaid labor, but in terms of how hard it is, It's definitely not the hardest job in the world. So please let us rest.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

Don't know. Some men and women think it's a woman's job to look after the baby.

I am beginning to think that there is quite a number of men who would like to get more involved in childcare and that maybe it's us ladies who are not open enough to that idea.

Same people also think it's a man's job to be the full provider of the home. It's called roles.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by emonis88: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
frozen70:

A woman is nit meant to keep a man at home and feed him

If a man fashions his life that a woman will feed him in marriage, of course he will grow a hunch back because that's where her food goes
U see , that is where her food il go abi? But where il the woman a man is feeding , food go? Abeg enlighten me.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
truthsayer009:

I have done this while living with my Sis for 5 years a very long time ago, I am sure I can do every single thing as regards taking care of kids. Now I am working 9 - 5. If you give me an option, I would prefer to stay at home & chill as 9 - 5 no be beans abeg. At least you skip all this rubbish appraisals at work & the urge of eye service for your annoying boss. The problem with staying at home is that it's an unpaid labor, but in terms of how hard it is, It's definitely not the hardest job in the world. So please let us rest.

My job is easier than taking care of a baby 24/7. It's not my fault your job sucks.

And I won't believe for a second that you were taking care of your sister's newborn kid 24/7. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
cococandy:

Yup.
Better yet. moms who have to work (which really are most moms), should leave the children and house work for their fathers when they go to work and also take time to rest when they get back. Nothing will help them appreciate each other’s contributions more than actually having to participate in it. Let everyone really participate in this breadwinning and parenting thing so that they are not making ignorant statements on the internet.

AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

Most mothers are.
Most fathers are also more involved in taking proper care of their kids too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.