Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? (15676 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by slimyem: 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
is it advisable especially for someone who has never been married?
Does it mean your partner would be more matured?
Is it a recipe for disaster or another divorce down the line?
Would the new family be totally free from the ex-wife/husband especially if there are kids involved?
Please share your thoughts...and save a soulcheesycheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by feminineA: 2:55am On Jun 02, 2012
Before a woman delve into marriage with a divorcee especially one that has never been married, she needs to do her research properly. What caused her man's divorce? What re the 'irreconcillable differences'(that's the grammar they use this days) between the man and his formal wife.
The truth is like the yourbas will say its the same rod that was used to beat the 1st wife is the same rod that will be used on the second wife. This research is very important.
Ask outsiders too to be able to come to a firm conclusion.
Then is the woman ready for rejection from the mans kids?
Initially, she will be rejected and also there will be rift between her and the kids especially the mature ones how is she planning to handle it and show the kids she's not a rival?is she ready to share the love of the man with his kids?many at times women marrying divorcees ignore this but it is one of the majoor causes of rift in the home. Your place as a wife is different from their place as his kids never get jealous.

Finally is she ready to take this kids as her own?
Marriage to a divorcee must be handled with a lot of research and preparation and not allow ones emotions be cloud one's sense of judgement.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 02, 2012
find your own unmarried man.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by slimyem: 8:22am On Jun 02, 2012
davidylan: find your own unmarried man.
hey!
This isn't about me or anybody else in particular right now...
Its just a topic for discussion.
Thanks though.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: hey!
Thanks though.

like i said... for sanity and peace of mind, its better to find your own single spouse.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by sucezTP(f): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2012
feminine A: Before a woman delve into marriage with a divorcee especially one that has never been married, she needs to do her research properly. What caused her man's divorce? What re the 'irreconcillable differences'(that's the grammar they use this days) between the man and his formal wife.
The truth is like the yourbas will say its the same rod that was used to beat the 1st wife is the same rod that will be used on the second wife. This research is very important.
Initially, she will be rejected and also there will be rift between her and the kids especially the mature ones how is she planning to handle it and show the kids she's not a rival?is she ready to share the love of the man with his kids?many at times women marrying divorcees ignore this but it is one of the majoor causes of rift in the home. Your place as a wife is different from their place as his kids never get jealous.

Marriage to a divorcee must be handled with a lot of research and preparation and not allow ones emotions be cloud one's sense of judgement.

U av said it all!
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by sucezTP(f): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2012
davidylan:

like i said... for sanity and peace of mind, its better to find your own single spouse.

Better!
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Jaykizz(m): 10:12am On Jun 02, 2012
It is advisable dat evry single lady b4 her mid 30s go 4 singl men yl dos in dia mid 30s kan stil go 4 divorcd men coz dy myt nt c a single man.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by mutter(f): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2012
The odds are against you and it is an up hill task but it can work out .
I remarried with kids and i have a wonderful marriage. However it took patience, wisdom and tolerance but I guess that is what you need in every marriage.
However if you have an egoistic nature you better keep away from divorcees especially if they have kids.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by buchibabe: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
Its easier for divorced men to remarry witout pplle batting an eyelid bt for women,d story is nt always d same. Dis is africa where a lot of insinuations is being placed on marriage. A divorced woman who wans to remarry has a lot of explanation to do especially when it comes to convincing her new fiance and/or his family. In dis part of d world divorce is seen as an abomination and d divorcee as an iresponsible woman who couldn't keep her home irrespective of whether dat former marriage was a death trap.
A lot of responsibilities as regards d growth of a marriage is placed on d woman and in most cases men feel their only role is to provide for the family,therefore d woman must bear d consequences of any maarriage whether good or bad.
So there's usually dis look on the faces of pple esp an intending husband,when he's told dat d lady he's admiring was once there.

Even if a man loves the lady(divorcee) so much and thinks nobodys opinion counts,its not always dat easy because family will always be onhis neck to make sure he's done enuf homework on her.
If d lady is unfortunate enuf to have such a wicked Ex-husband who's bent on makin sure he deals with her....too bad. Cos if by any chance he succedes in getin info about her new intention with any man,he's ready to com up wit accusations dat neva existed while with her,and if d new man gives ear to all he's heard......ur guess is as good as mine.

So its much easier for d guys (not as if its soo easy o,cos some ladies prefer to remain single dan to be labelled 2nd wife or humiliated by step-kids) than women..

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
buchibabe: Its easier for divorced men to remarry witout pplle batting an eyelid

Women are more desperate that's why you'd think divorced men marry easily. Anything is a husband.cheesy
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by EfemenaXY: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, a young single lady has no business getting hitched with an older divorced man.

Unless of course it's for his money & for his s/e/x.u@l prowess in bed.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by 1forall: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
Odds? Hmm...
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by iyaski: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
feminine A: Before a woman delve into marriage with a divorcee especially one that has never been married, she needs to do her research properly. What caused her man's divorce? What re the 'irreconcillable differences'(that's the grammar they use this days) between the man and his formal wife.

What if the woman in question is as young as the first son of the divorced man....
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by moderattor: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2012
what if the son of the man shows up one day in the future 'gerrout of my dads house u witch!'
?
@OP You must be crazy marrying a divorced man when single hungry lions like us are roaring about smiley
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by buchibabe: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
stillwater:

Women are more desperate that's why you'd think divorced men marry easily. Anything is a husband.cheesy

Very well said. Women r really too desperate to settle down with anytin not even minding how d journey was for the man's ex-wife.
D earlier ladies stop succumbing to all d pressures from family and friends to get married,and stop gettin carried away by financial longathroat,d bera for them. "A broken relationship is beta than a broken marriage"
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Pet79(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
pls nairalanders i need your help and advise, i just discovered that the girl i have been going out with for almost a year is having an affair with my boss, she was a youth corper serving in another deptarment but the same block. pls i need your advise.

i don't mean to be rude,my boss left his system on and on facebook i saw love messages btw him and girlfriend sorry bad friend
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by buchibabe: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
Pet79: pls nairalanders i need your help and advise, i just discovered that the girl i have been going out with for almost a year is having an affair with my boss, she was a youth corper serving in another deptarment but the same block. pls i need your advise.

i don't mean to be rude,my boss left his system on and on facebook i saw love messages btw him and girlfriend sorry bad friend

Eyaa pele.too bad,she couldn't even take it elsewhere. Y ur boss?
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by chicsdbabe: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
smiley
well said!!! God frowns at adultery
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by slimyem: 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
moderattor: what if the son of the man shows up one day in the future 'gerrout of my dads house u witch!'
?
[b]@OP You must be crazy marrying a divorced man [/b]when single hungry lions like us are roaring about smiley
i'm neither crazy nor marrying a divorced man..
Pls refer to this post belowcheesy
slimyem: hey!
Thanks though.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by goodson(m): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
The chances that he might likely divorce u are high!
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by yam: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2012

all what u have said is right but that doesnt stop the marriage from breaking up even after proper research, na God, Life is a Mess

As for me i am happy jolly fellow without anybody in my life the fear of unhappiness in Marriage i hear everywhere is disturbing me,

But i love companionship, i really love it.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by moremi2008(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
Like Feminine A said, it all depends on the reason for the first divorce. The OP needs to find out why the first wife left. My neighbor divorced his first wife because while he was hustling in America, the woman was cheating. He remarried a never-married young woman and they are very happily married to this day (in fact, the new wife helped raise the 2kids from the previous marriage and had 3 more kids of her own).

Like I said, it all depends on why the first marriage failed. Do your research and due-diligence well. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by yam: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: is it advisable especially for someone who has never been married?
Does it mean your partner would be more matured?
Is it a recipe for disaster or another divorce down the line?
Would the new family be totally free from the ex-wife/husband especially if there are kids involved?
Please share your thoughts...and save a soulcheesycheesycheesycheesy

i become fearful and i dont understand why people dont consider God recipe for marriage

An unmarried man with and unmarried woman before u can marry a divorcee the man or the woman must be died.

Just wondering.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Butoneday2(m): 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
''End of discussion'' It is a sin b/4 God, to marry a divorcee.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Butoneday2(m): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
But_one_day: ''End of discussion'' It is a sin b/4 God, to marry a divorcee.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: i'm neither crazy nor marrying a divorced man..
Pls refer to this post belowcheesy
the odd is 'God forbid'
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by slimming: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
Parental rejection is enormous. It is not easy but determine will take you through.
Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by slimyem: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
yam:

i become fearful and i dont understand why people dont consider God recipe for marriage

An unmarried man with and unmarried woman before u can marry a divorcee the man or the woman must be died.

Just wondering.
what are you trying to say?
Please repeat in simple and correct english!
Thanks in advance!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!! / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.