Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist (15296 Views)

"When A Man Impregnates His Wife, He Has Committed Sin" - Evangelist / speaking Of Phonetics Is A Sin”-lady Evangelist Discloses / Illuminati Killed Ebony Reigns - Evangelist Emmanuel Addai Reveals (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by Hotspotbro(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2021
Na only in Africa we dey get new sins everyday??
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by antibullshit: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2021
Its true that when people try to speak with a different accent than what they're used to it really doesn't sound good but calling it phonetics is really ignorant .Phonetics is the study of human sounds made by speech. I cringe when I hear people refer to a foreign accent as phonetics or 'phonay' for short . It is stupid and ignorant and nigerians do it all the time....even some of those who know better don't bother to correct those who don't and just accept it as a nigerian thing. Thats the attitude that has put us in a mess!
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by anu3: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2021
kumulus:
Please somebody tell me what phonetic means??

In English, Phonetics is the study of speech sounds. But according to her context, she was talking about trying to impress People by forming foreign tone.

You know how some travel for just weeks or so to the US or UK only to return and start using some annoying third-rate, self-made UK or US-themed accent? It appear s that people that return from places like China do that too. Just for people to know that they've just arrived.

Philippians 2:3
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by haybeegold(m): 11:26am On Dec 13, 2021
COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON AFTERALL!
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by kumulus(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
anu3:

In English, Phonetics is the study of speech sounds. But according to her context, she was talking about trying to impress People by forming foreign tone.

You know how some travel for just weeks or so to the US or UK only to return and start using some annoying third-rate, self-made UK or US-themed accent? It appear s that people that return from places like China do that too. Just for people to know that they've just arrived.

Philippians 2:3
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves

So she meant accent, okay thank you
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by remitarich(f): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
CHAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by anu3: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
kumulus:

So she meant accent, okay thank you

Yeah, she meant the tone of voice or way of speaking in general.

She's just speaking against being fake, not Phonetics in it's right use. Many are just quick to comment without understanding the whole video: I guess many didn't even watch the video to the end...
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
Smh grin. . Everyday new thing. . make una sell dis kwontry and give me my own share grin

Pesin no fit cruise and people no fit mind their business? Nawa o grin. . Ihe nka o rice?
Re: Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist by Bankright(f): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
Letsbegood:
What's wrong with some men and women of God?
This is the major problem of black race. Not just Nigeria. Christianity the wrong way

Hello, how may I help you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church / How To Understand John 5:19 / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook …

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.