Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,906 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Are Children Really An Achievement?? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Children Really An Achievement?? (25490 Views)

The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / Is Marriage An Achievement?? / Marriage Is Not An Achievement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
You the intelligent with high IQ, tell us ur archievement

dazzlingd:
Poverty is in some peoples genes, they love it, it gladness their hearts to be impoverished and struggle.
And pass the legacy to their children to continue and populate the whole of africa with malnourished, unintelligent low IQ children.

1 Like

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Kobojunkiee: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:
Na the western culture wey una they copy bring una to this level
Nigeria's problem had to do with people foolishly clinging to mistakes of their fathers and forefathers, both western culture. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by GeniusHawlah(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
Honestly, to me, it's not. It's too cheap to be an achievement IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
But you can't buy it in ur regular market

GeniusHawlah:
Honestly, to me, it's not. It's too cheap to be an achievement IMO.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by phazotron(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tell them. Tell my mother.

I don't understand African mentality. It's just annoying.

I've told her I don't want bio kids. I'd rather take care of orphans. She's saying God forbid I should go and see pastor for counseling.

Why are people so blind they don't see the potential disadvantages of having kids especially in today's world?

2 Likes

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Kobojunkiee: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:
Children are bought and sold in that same Nigeria, the only reason not on open market is it is still a crime to do so. undecided
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Adakintroy: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Indeed, only a certified fool would hold on to values of parents without question. undecided

You should be more careful not to live your life a fool, Repeating the mistakes of your parents and their parents before them, simply because they are your parents. undecided

Ok.

I thank you for your time.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
Then it's not cheap since u can't buy it in open market

Kobojunkiee:
Children are bought and sold in that same Nigeria, the only reason not on open market is it is still a crime to do so. undecided
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by phazotron(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Vinnie2000:

This KoboJunkie though! smiley

Let's drop Sentiments and Arguments! Having a Child is a Big Achievement!

Remember Men who re Sterile, women who are Barren or have Still births! sad embarassed

Which kind of mentality is this? How is having children an achievement? Because others are having difficulty in having their own?

1 Like

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
As far as I'm concerned, even the food/drink I had tonight is an achievement. Life is hard enough. Can't allow anyone make it harder with their subjective ideations and over-conceptualization of my existence. Every damn thing I do with my time is an achievement, including taking a nap/sleep. You can't define the context and content of MY happiness for me o cheesy If merely drinking water makes me happy, I won't inflict sorrow upon myself because you're waiting to complete your Ph.D degree to experience genuine happiness or achievement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tell your wife the the truth, that ur something can't produce

phazotron:
Tell them. Tell my mother.

I don't understand African mentality. It's just annoying.

I've told her I don't want bio kids. I'd rather take care of orphans. She's saying God forbid I should go and see pastor for counseling.

Why are people so blind they don't see the potential disadvantages of having kids especially in today's world?
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by GeniusHawlah(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:

I don't even need to buy it.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Hathor5(f): 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
Acidosis:
As far as I'm concerned, even the food/drink I had tonight is an achievement. Life is hard enough. Can't allow anyone make it harder with their subjective ideations and over-conceptualizations of my existence. Every damn thing I do with my time is an achievement, including taking a nap/sleep. You can't define the context and content of MY happiness for me o cheesy If merely drinking water makes me happy, I won't inflict sorrow upon myself because you're waiting to complete your Ph.D degree to experience genuine happiness or achievement.

cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by joowealth(m): 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Well, morally, everybody are entitled to their opinions but looking at it from another perspective, @ OP, kindly ask those who have money, have everything but no child/children if it is achievement or not to have kids!

1 Like

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
Don't mind those morons because they don't want to have children, can't have children or take responsibility, they are now saying it not an archievement

Acidosis:
As far as I'm concerned, even the food/drink I had tonight is an achievement. Life is hard enough. Can't allow anyone make it harder with their subjective ideations and over-conceptualizations of my existence. Every damn thing I do with my time is an achievement, including taking a nap/sleep. You can't define the context and content of MY happiness for me o cheesy If merely drinking water makes me happy, I won't inflict sorrow upon myself because you're waiting to complete your Ph.D degree to experience genuine happiness or achievement.

1 Like

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by domido(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Dindondin:
Having children is an achievement.
Marrying without good source of income is bad. But this us another topic.
Another topic, exactly.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Damn where did you see such a woman. Been looking for a woman that absolutely doesn't wanna have any kids and is okay with a hypersterectomy and I a vasectomy.

U make her one. Once a lady trust u nd ur words. U would be shocked how easy she will damn d world for u.

Expecially if u are financially buoyant.

Always remember. You get the love u deserve.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Kobojunkiee: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:
Then it's not cheap since u can't buy it in open market
Pay attention! undecided

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by eduora: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Children is the greatest achievement...your own children will looks after you when you becomes senile in future.your own children will be calling you daddy.you will be happy as a man because your penis is not artificial or impotent.your own children will be answering your heritage's surname at last.your own children will buried you when you gives up likes a ghost.before you go into marriage.prepare your incomes very well.learn how to be self-depended not beggar of needs/wants from your peer-groups etc.be ready to carry your own heavy burden as a father of the family.have a daily incomes at least 50,000#.favour is different... some men will be poor and get married but at last, he'll becomes rich,some men will be rich as a bachelor and get married but at last,he will becomes poor.grace of God is different.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by eduora: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Children is the greatest achievement...your own children will looks after you when you becomes senile in future.your own children will be calling you daddy.you will be happy as a man because your penis is not artificial or impotent.your own children will be answering your heritage's surname at last.your own children will buried you when you gives up likes a ghost.before you go into marriage.prepare your incomes very well.learn how to be self-depended not beggar of needs/wants from your peer-groups etc.be ready to carry your own heavy burden as a father of the family.have a daily incomes at least 50,000#.favour is different... some men will be poor and get married but at last, he'll becomes rich,some men will be rich as a bachelor and get married but at last,he will becomes poor.grace of God is different. thanks
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
Whatever, I have a kid and its a big achievement to me and im not rich yet, I will try hard for him and invest in him

Kobojunkiee:
Pay attention! undecided

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
Acidosis:
As far as I'm concerned, even the food/drink I had tonight is an achievement. Life is hard enough. Can't allow anyone make it harder with their subjective ideations and over-conceptualization of my existence. Every damn thing I do with my time is an achievement, including taking a nap/sleep. You can't define the context and content of MY happiness for me o cheesy If merely drinking water makes me happy, I won't inflict sorrow upon myself because you're waiting to complete your Ph.D degree to experience genuine happiness or achievement.

$20,000 worth of wisdom. grin grin Na sofri sofri person gats dey philosophize and questioning whatever. Or pursuing whatever. Rest and simple enjoyment dey important once once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Kobojunkiee: 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:

Whatever, I have a kid and its a big achievement to me and im not rich yet, I will try hard for him and invest in him
A big problem here is maybe ignorance of the meaning of the word "Achievement".
a·chieve·ment
a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
What skill or courage did it take for you to squirt sperm that produced your child above and beyond that of rats and roaches combined? undecided

Someone is telling you that even drinking water and napping is an achievement and I wonder if the we realize that we can't just now begin to, willy-nilly, claim the "glory" for behaviors programmed in us, by nature, to aide our survival. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by nesgeeek(m): 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Supreme145:
There is this motion that giving birth to children is an achievement in this country. I see young guys in mid and late twenties rushing into marriage while they are barely standing on their feet. From someone that comes from a family of 10 I'm sure if my dad is given a second chance he won't give birth as much children again. Let me share some of my experiences as regards giving birth without proper planning or sustainable income.

I've a neighbor in my compound, he's 32 and in his final year in the university, I can hardly have decent conversation with him without hearing about how he wants to get married. I would always remind him that he's living in a one room apartment, still a student without a strong source of income, but he would counter me saying that he can always start small and grow with his wife. Moreover when he gives birth he would have an investment.

I've have another friend that was a classmate in secondary school, he graduated the year I got admission though he had some issues with his results. One day he called me that he's married and I was surprised, though he is an artisan into all those parapets and pop stuffs I know he wasn't financially buoyant enough to carry a family. The last time I visited him he was looking malnourished and unable to sort out his issues in school almost four years after because according to him any money that he gets already has a pending issue waiting for it. He's looking far older than his elder brother who's still single, he looks 38 when he's just 30. He consoled himself by telling me that even if he doesn't have money he already has two kids which he sees an investment and a great achievement. Meanwhile they are cramped into a single room apartment and none of the kids are enrolled in school.

Last week while we were training in the evening, an argument broke out between two young guys. I was just by the side observing what was happening, I kept hearing stuffs like....why you dey argue with that guy? you no know say na person father he be? that guy don born two children o abi you think say e easy to born, na big achievement be that o. Now this is a guy that is about 25 years and has no sustainable means of income, he works in peoples farms and other menial jobs to make ends meet.

My next door married neighbor has become a torn in my flesh, he's always borrowing from me without paying so it's obvious he's struggling financially, factor in the constant arguments with his wife due to shortage of funds all the time. I once asked him why rushed to get married without a good source of income and he bluntly told me that he had always been broke while he was single and still broke now that he's married the only difference is that he can boast of his kids as an achievement unlike when he was single that he had nothing to boast of.

I have no issues what so ever with how anyone choose to life their life but considering the economic condition of this country now bringing in kids without proper plans is not the way to go. If my dad had given birth to maybe 3 kids I'm sure he wouldn't be stressed out the way he is now and the resources used in training 8 kids would be better managed on just 3kids.

Personally I feel that one of the surest way to perpetual poverty as a young guy is to get married while struggling financially. Like one of the examples above, he cast aside his personal development and aspirations just to cater for his family. Supposing he's still single I'm sure he would have cleared he's outstanding school fees and maybe get his certificate.

Well since I'm still single and still struggling I don't judge anybody, every mallam to his kettle. As for me no marriage till I'm financially stable enough to afford at least 3 bedroom flat, a small car and substantial savings. It would be an abomination for me to bring a child into this world to pass through the kind of life I had growing up.
Op I agree with u. Proper planning and self development matters alot before marriage.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by micxwell(m): 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Damn where did you see such a woman. Been looking for a woman that absolutely doesn't wanna have any kids and is okay with a hypersterectomy and I a vasectomy.
A lady mentioned this a few weeks ago, and they nearly decapitated her on this forum. grin
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
This guy u be olodo, the dictionary said typically by effort, did the sperm enter there by miracle.

Kobojunkiee:
A big problem here is maybe ignorance of the meaning of the word "Achievement".
What skill or courage did it take for you to squirt sperm that produced your child above and beyond that of rats and roaches combined? undecided

Someone is telling you that even drinking water and napping is an achievement and I wonder if the we realize that we can't just begin to claim glory for nature's behaviors programmed in us for our basic survival. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by Kobojunkiee: 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
ayubaski:
This guy u be olodo, the dictionary said typically by effort, did the sperm enter there by miracle.
So the "effort" was yours and not of nature? Your sperm is controlled by your effort? undecided
Wow.. the ego on you is astounding. undecided
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
that nature can be controlled if not you don give ur sister or ur mother Belle, and what about the effort of carrying the child for about 9months

Kobojunkiee:
So the "effort" was yours and not of nature? Your sperm is controlled by your effort? undecided
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by winner37(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
suffering:
Nairalanders are too ignorant to see things your way. Oh well.

Don't generalized it , Not everyone is ignorant try to know how you sentence your words in the public..
Thanks for your consideration.
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by ayubaski: 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Will you just stay in ur bed room and the sperm just fly from ur dick and and enter the woman hole in the other room

Kobojunkiee:
Re: Are Children Really An Achievement?? by winner37(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
This same issue i discuss with my colleague at work .

If someone is aiming 78k to 85k,he is not fand the girl you wants to marry is a working class which is aiming 50k to 60k will the be any financial issue in the family ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? / Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals / HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.