Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Is Marriage An Achievement?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage An Achievement?? (11472 Views)

Marriage Is Not An Achievement / Are Children Really An Achievement?? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage An Achievement?? by justyhere: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Let's trash this talk once and for all

What do you think?
Is Marriage an achievement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Well, It is an Achievement! smiley

Particularly, in Nigeria and Africa!

To Pay a Girl's Dowry, House Her, Feed Her and Her Mother, Brothers and Sisters no be Beans oo. sad

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
justyhere:
Let's trash this talk once and for all. What do you think? Is Marriage an achievement?
If buying a car is an achievement, then marriage is also an achievement, and it will also follow that divorce is also an achievement. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
To women yes
To men no

In my village na widows full everywhere infact I’m finding it difficult to see a marriage where the woman died first, it’s either they both alive or the man died

If it’s same on your side hit like

edited
For the fact this is the most liked comment in the thread shows a lot, everyone is seeing the obvious

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by peter0071(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
na achievement. whether you believe it or not.

10 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
obinna58:
To women yes
To men no

In my village na widows full everywhere infact I’m finding it difficult to see a marriage where the woman died first, it’s either they both alive or the man died

If it’s same on your side hit like

Dis ur Death Analogy No follow @All. sad

Anybody can Die @ Anytime, whether Man or Woman. sad

8 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
obinna58:
■In my village na widows full everywhere infact I’m finding it difficult to see a marriage where the woman died first, it’s either they both alive or the man died If it’s same on your side hit like
1. How does this statement of yours reveal that marriage is an achievement for women as you claim? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinnazy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
justyhere:
Let's trash this talk once and for all

What do you think?
Is Marriage an achievement?

Marriage is only an achievement to SIMPs, I can't imagine kneeling to prop to a lady, it's like you're begging her to marry you.
Marriage only favors ladies

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Nyascobar1414: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vinnie2000:

To Pay a Girl's Dowry, House Her, Feed Her and Her Mother, Brothers and Sisters no be Beans oo. sad

G.O.A.Simps

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Autobot05: 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
To women ( esp Nigerian women ) .. wearing a wedding gown is their best fantasy or dream

In actual sense .. marriage is not an achievement

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vinnie2000:

How much you get sef?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Marriage is an achievement. It's a stage of attaining higher responsibility, living with the opposite sex and raising kids.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Dis ur Death Analogy No follow @All. sad

Anybody can Die @ Anytime, whether Man or Woman. sad

There’s always reason for death, life expectancy in Africa is different from Europe, single vs married you know what I mean grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:
Marriage is an achievement. It's a stage of attaining higher responsibility, living with the opposite sex and raising kids.
Higher responsibility? So a single woman running a business or even an orphanage can't be said to have that which is greater than what you describe? undecided

14 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How does this statement of yours reveal that marriage is an achievement for women as you claim? undecided
Bcoz you’re there grinding to secure her comfortability at the expense of your life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by BronzeMajik(f): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
Personally I don't think it's an achievement..
But you see these Nigerian men singing I'm a family man ...
I have a wife like you at home...
My wife Will beat you..
I'm donkey years in marriage...
My brother do you know what it takes to raise a family.. yen yen yen blah blah blah
It's an achievement to them.

31 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:

How much you get sef?

Does a Wife in Africa/Nigeria do Much in Marriage?

80% of Domestic Bills in African/Nigerian Marriages are Paid by Men!
Some Men even Send their Mother-in-law Monthly Upkeep from Their income embarassed undecided

Don't Argue Unnecessarily, OK?

13 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
obinna58:
Bcoz you’re there grinding to secure her comfortability at the expense of your life
Did she put a gun to your head before you decided to do this to yourself? You chose to enroll in a hypogamous union of your own, so why attempt to blame her for your decision? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Higher responsibility? So a single woman running a business or even an orphanage can't be said to have that which is greater than what you describe? undecided
A times, your brain overwork. I v noticed that about you. See as you twisted my post.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:
A times, your brain overwork. I v noticed that about you. See as you twisted my post.
Twisted? How? undecided

According to you, marriage is a stage in a woman's life where she attains what you claim is higher responsibility insinuating this stage of higher responsibility cannot be surpassed by single women. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by BronzeMajik(f): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
Need I mention the female folks those ones are worse.. their one reason for being born on this earth is to get married, if you're not married you'd better be an alien because that's the only reason they'll understand why you've refused to enter husband house..
Most would die in the same husband house, from abuse they'll never leave why?
Because It's an achievement them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did she put a gun to your head before you decided to do this to yourself? You chose to enroll in a hypogamous union of your own, so why attempt to blame her for your decision? undecided
Brings us back to it’s not an achievement for men
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
BronzeMajik:
Personally I don't think it's an achievement..
But you see these Nigerian men singing I'm a family man ...
I have a wife like you at home...
My wife Will beat you..
I'm donkey years in marriage...
My brother do you know what it takes to raise a family.. yen yen yen blah blah blah
It's an achievement to them.

Marriage is like a Project, because you are Trying
to Build Sth (A Family)
So It is an ACHIEVEMENT.

If u rent a Shop, it's an Achievement.
If u rent a 3 Bed room, it's an Achievement.

Even some will say Staying Abroad in 3days and coming Back is an Achievement, Let alone Marriage! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
obinna58:
■Brings us back to it’s not an achievement for men
No it doesn't. The men who embark on these irrational unions — hypogamy— may do so believing it an achievement for themselves. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
BronzeMajik:
■Need I mention the female folks those ones are worse.. their one reason for being born on this earth is to get married, if you're not married you'd better be an alien because that's the only reason they'll understand why you've refused to enter husband house..
■ Most would die in the same husband house, from abuse they'll never leave why?
Because It's an achievement them.
1. I am afraid what you describe has to do with upbringing as well as cultural norms defined for women, particularly in third-world nations like Nigeria. undecided

2. Again, it all has to do with mental conditioning brought about by upbringing and society. No sane individual would sit back and endure abuse but because many of these women have been raised to believe their value as entities in society lies in their acceptance of such evils, they sit back believing there is glory to be had in it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Does a Wife in Africa/Nigeria do Much in Marriage?

80% of Domestic Bills in African/Nigerian Marriages are Paid by Men!
Some Men even Send their Mother-in-law Monthly Upkeep from Their income embarassed undecided

Don't Argue Unnecessarily, OK?
Then why are you a man? Cut your dic k and be a woman.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No it doesn't. The men who embark on these irrational unions — hypogamy— may do so believing it an achievement for themselves. undecided
We’ve been through the circle
Marriage is responsibility, an achievement can’t be something that’ll likely send you to your grave or even great pain, suffering and depression

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Twisted? How? undecided

According to you, marriage is a stage in a woman's life where she attains what you claim is higher responsibility insinuating this stage of higher responsibility cannot be surpassed by single women. undecided
Cos a single woman focus on herself. A married woman focus on herself, husband and probably kids.
Single woman, single thoughts. A married woman, multiple thoughts.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
obinna58:
We’ve been through the circle Marriage is responsibility, an achievement can’t be something that’ll likely send you to your grave or even great pain, suffering and depression
Well, that you don't consider it an achievement does not mean those dead men didn't. Understand that power and control in marriage happen to be major attainments for many men who enters into hypogamous unions, to begin with. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:
■Cos a single woman focus on herself. A married woman focus on herself, husband and probably kids.
■Single woman, single thoughts. A married woman, multiple thoughts.
1. A single woman running an orphanage from her home or as a business is focused solely on herself? undecided
2. In your mind, a single woman who runs a business and has several employees is focused only on her well-being? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. A single woman running an orphanage from her home or as a business is focused solely on herself? undecided
2. In your mind, a single woman who runs a business and has several employees is focused only on her well-being? undecided
You see why I said you dey overwork your thoughts.
See it like this
* An orphanage is a responsibility. If a single woman runs it, she has herself and the orphanage yo cater for.
* If a married woman runs it, she has herself, her husband and the orphanage to cater for.
* If a married woman with kids run an orphanage, she has herself, husband, kids and the orphanage to cater for.
From the 3 scenarios, tell me who had more responsibly?

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:
You see why I said you dey overwork your thoughts.
See it like this
* An orphanage is a responsibility. If a single woman runs it, she has herself and the orphanage yo cater for.
* If a married woman runs it, she has herself, her husband and the orphanage to cater for.
* If a married woman with kids run an orphanage, she has herself, husband, kids and the orphanage to cater for.
From the 3 scenarios, tell me who had more responsibly?
So, you think a single woman who runs a business providing for the children her business is built around while taking care of her employees — she carries 100% of the responsibilities all by herself —, has fewer responsibilities than a married woman who probably does not carry 100% of the load— assuming the man is not an invalid— as far as caring for her family by herself? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

His Wife Always Ran away when ever they Exchange words (For Married people) / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.