Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? (20542 Views)

All You Need To Know About Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Software / Enugu State Government Begins Teachers Recruitment, About 2000 Positions / 2017 Nigerian Navy Recruitment - About 40 Positions Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Snoolv360(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
See for yourself the school board

3 Likes

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by oj3k(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Detty December could still be a reality for them hustlers grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by MiaBeer(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
There are laws against this in Normal Countries. But there’s nothing normal about Nigeria undecided
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by OrganicCluster(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
That's where we found our selves.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Michaelpsych: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
Thats how the system operates
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Originalsly: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bro .... even if they did not request payment .... it is clear the letter was written by an early secondary school dropout ... and this is the best the school can do ... why would you want t your wife to even be there? Red flags everywhere ... don't let desperation for employment blind you to these signs.

1 Like

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by executive12: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Snoolv360:
See for yourself the school board

Funny but true. A nice way to explain it.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Pinuc: 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
If the location is well known, nothing stops her from attending the interview, you may never know who the interviewer will be this time.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by nelsonic(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
It's a big scam... Plz your wife should be careful of adverts that she responds to.... I have a friend who was also scammed on similar jobs interviews some years back in that location... Pls let's be wise
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by freesoul12: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
N
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by basty: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Run 4 ur life
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Hezmatosky: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Pls allow her to pay o, because that's what they'll use to pay her first salary o cheesy
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by house10s: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
the school dey third floor abi kini grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Hezmatosky: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
But any interview invitation that starts with 'SEQUEL' Run ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
ANY JABI OR WUSE JOB IS A FAKE JOB BY HUNGRY UNEDUCATED FRUADSTERS, COMMON SENSE WOULD TOLD YOUR WIFE THAT, SAME IS APPLICAABLE TO ANY OJUELEGBA JOB.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Bishop(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
eddyvilla:
My wife applied many months back and she was asked to pay money. Now she did not apply and have gotten another invite. Anybody with experience with them.

It's a scam, SCAM
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hmm! She should be vigilant because the job may be a scam.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by cooooooks(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
1. Who is asking her to pay? The school or the "HR" company?

2. It is predatory but does exist. They charge the teachers AND charge the schools. In the school's mind, they are paying a lot. In the teacher's mind, they are paying too little.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by LegalOpinion: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
signature2012:
Any company asking you to pay to get a job is SCAM!

That cannot be true even though it is a corrupt practice.

Most government and multinational company jobs in Nigeria are usually bought by intending applicants.

You may wish to investigate this.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by philip0906(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
LegalOpinion:

That cannot be true even though it is a corrupt practice.

Most government and multinational company jobs in Nigeria are usually bought by intending applicants.

You may wish to investigate this.
What you’re saying is simply racketeering of jobs done outside the confines of official protocols. No company (officially) anywhere in the world would ask you to pay for an invite, interview or a job.

So yes, it’s a SCAM run by boys who run “local”.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by marhez43(f): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
U never see anything check my sign a retired tech.in 1998 they ask me to pay bribe b4 i am employ.but God did it 4 me
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by matm: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
The monetary demand is not usually from the institution or company concerned but from elements working there.And it's done secretly.If u don't pay,they won't include your name.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Quantized92(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
D Naija of the present day
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by JoseRaji(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
eddyvilla:
My wife applied many months back and she was asked to pay money. Now she did not apply and have gotten another invite. Anybody with experience with them.

Plaza? In Jabi? No personalized name? Bulk sms?

Dude I don't think anyone needs to tell you... This is a GNLD-like job. Finito!
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by MobilityMFR(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
It is a scam! A teaching job interview at a plaza is not real; what happened to going to a school where she could have an opportunity for micro- teaching?

Please, tell your wife to stay clear and thank me later.

eddyvilla:
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
GNLD tongue
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by ChibeKs(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
I've been to that plaza. That message probably came from a recruitment agency there. She will be asked to pay 2k to register.
There are a lot of them in Abuja
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by LegalOpinion: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
philip0906:

What you’re saying is simply racketeering of jobs done outside the confines of official protocols. No company (officially) anywhere in the world would ask you to pay for an invite, interview or a job.

So yes, it’s a SCAM run by boys who run “local”.

Admittedly, it is a SCAM that has become endemic not just in Nigeria but in Africa.

Except for irrelevant positions, you seldom be employed in any government agency or good paying multinational company in Nigeria except you are either connected to the powers that be or paid money.

Even while employed, you still pay to get good redeployment or pay to reverse unfavourable redeployment.

Is it corruption? YES!
Is it bad? YEs!

Vut is this a SCAM in Africa?
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by jamess32: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
Iseoluwani:
When you see this word

[/b]sequel[b]

Know say na scam
not always,
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by goshen26: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
Japa

Scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by anyilalaz: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
That area at Abuja na like Easter break through for Ojuelegba, in Lagos.

Scam

OP tell your wife to stand down, I repeat stans down.

LOCAL FORMAT activated.
Re: Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? by Brunicekid(m): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
Austineva:
That's Naija for u. One of d most corrupted country if not d most.
Nigeria hmmm. No hope for this country o
There's hope...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / DeaDear 2017 pre-selected applicants, Having issues with generating a OTP. / Rite Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.