Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? (466 Views)

Pope To Young Italians: Don't Be Selfish, We Need More Children Than Pets / Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take / Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by johnsonpal: 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
I grew praying for unmerited favor - Getting Jobs, Contract and so on that you are not qualified for nor deserved. Look around you a lt of people are in a position that they are least qualified for, how do we expect progress then? And isn't this unfair to people who have worked hard to be qualified ? Is this not encouraging laziness and mediocrity ??

Let Examine some bible Verses :

Psalm 91:7 : Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. (New Living Translation). So it's OK for your neighbors, 10, 000 people infact to just die but as long as it doesn't affect you , all is well yea??

Romans 9:13 : Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
This statement was made by God even before both of them were born, So does it mean God can just hate you for absolutely no reason whatsoever? An unborn child can't commit a sin right ?

Also let's consider Genesis 27 :23
Jacob cat-fished his brother an received the blessings meant for him , and yet God was happy with him. Isn't lieing and cheating a sin ??

Let;s discuss
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by thorpido(m): 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnsonpal:
I grew praying for unmerited favor - Getting Jobs, Contract and so on that you are not qualified for nor deserved. Look around you a lt of people are in a position that they are least qualified for, how do we expect progress then? And isn't this unfair to people who have worked hard to be qualified ? Is this not encouraging laziness and mediocrity ??

Psalm 91:7 : Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. (New Living Translation). So it's OK for your neighbors, 10, 000 people infact to just die but as long as it doesn't affect you , all is well yea??

This statement was made by God even before both of them were born, So does it mean God can just hate you for absolutely no reason whatsoever? An unborn child can't commit a sin right ?

Jacob cat-fished his brother an received the blessings meant for him , and yet God was happy with him. Isn't lieing and cheating a sin ??

Let;s discuss
Who said God was happy with Jacob for deceiving his brother?Go and meet your Sunday school teacher.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by johnsonpal: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
thorpido:
Who said God was happy with Jacob for deceiving his brother?Go and meet your Sunday school teacher.
ok, he wasn't but yet Jacob became Israel
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by thorpido(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnsonpal:
ok, he wasn't but yet Jacob became Israel
Yes,he had the covenant of Abraham through his father Jacob but he suffered for deceiving his brother.
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by blackpanthar: 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnsonpal:

Let;s discuss

LET ME MESS UP YOUR MIND MORE

In the book of JOHN... the bible said... JESUS WAS FULL OF GRACE

Now.. look at how the bible describes GRACE
Proverbs 31:30 AMP - Charm and Grace are deceptive

so if GRACE is deceptive.... why do you expect it to be FAIR?

the JACOB you are talking about was DECEPTIVE, so he attracted more GRACE than his brother... grin grin grin grin

Your error is thinking you know what being FAIR means.... GOD IS THE OVER-SEER .... He sees what you don't see.

a lady is a prostitute and she sleeps with several men without ever getting infected with HIV.... then another CHURCH LADY, just decides to lower her standards and BOOM gets pregnant plus STD... the first time... IT DOES NOT SOUND FAIR RIGHT??

but you are a mere human, you do not see when GOD WARNED THE CHURCH LADY SEVERAL TIMES, SHOWED HER VISIONS, SENT THE PASTOR OF HER CHURCH TO PREACH AGAINST FORNICATION AND EXPLAIN THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN.... all in a bid to help her stop considering it.... GOD TRIED O...
the prostitute was born on the street and raped at age 9 by several men till she became uncontrollably hungry for sex... and her street mom always took her for abortion till they removed her womb at age 21.... the mom also died shortly after so the only way she knows how to survive is give men sex and get paid....

NOW MR johnsonpal - WHO DO YOU THINK GOD WILL SHOW MORE MERCY AND GIVE GRACE TO........... the prostitute right?

NOW AS HUMAN BEINGS... no one sees all these stories I just narrated... all people see is... THE PROSTITUTE GETTING BORN AGAIN AND BOOM GETS A US BASED NIGERIAN MAN WHO IS A BILLIONAIRE, marries her and THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER..... yes o... then the CHURCHY SISTER... they see that she ONLY made ONE SIMPLE MISTAKE AND SHE IS BEING PUNISHED SO MISERABLY.... and you think God is to BLAME?

PLS always know that there are ANGLES AND STORIES ABOUT A SITUATION THAT YOU DON'T SEE.... Only GOD SEES EVERYTHING.... That is why, He is ALL KNOWING and HE IS JUSTICE.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD MY NARRATIVE AND HAVE FOUND BALANCE for future questions you may have about GOD and LIFE.
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by budaatum: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnsonpal:

This statement was made by God...

I find it amusing when people claim that their own understanding is what they read in the book. The above is an example.

Instead of op claimimg he read the statement in a book, op categorically claims the statement he read was made by God.

Op, did God write your Bible?
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by Truvelisback(m): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
budaatum:

I find it amusing when people claim that their own understanding is what they read in the book. The above is an example.

Instead of op claimimg he read the statement in a book, op categorically claims the statement he read was made by God.

Op, did God write your Bible?
They were written by men as they were inspired by God. Some words or revalations they got from God were written too.
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by Kobojunkiee: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnsonpal:
1. I grew praying for unmerited favor - Getting Jobs, Contract and so on that you are not qualified for nor deserved.

2. Look around you a lt of people are in a position that they are least qualified for, how do we expect progress then? And isn't this unfair to people who have worked hard to be qualified ? Is this not encouraging laziness and mediocrity ??

Let;s discuss
1. The program does not stem from the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ but from the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which you adopted in place of Jesus Christ's Truth. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said those who follow Him will cease to work for food that perishes and instead work for food that sustains to eternity which only He provides - John 6 vs 25 - 44. So, when you are busy praying for your contracts, your jobs etc., you are actually going against God's commandment and so are following your own selfish desires instead. undecided
Re: Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? by budaatum: 8:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
They were written by men as they were inspired by God. Some words or revalations they got from God were written too.

It must be true then, so you go on believing instead of asking and knocking and seeking to understand what God may have inspired them to tell you.

(1) (Reply)

Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy – Oyedepo Warns / Pastor Kumuyi Confirms Dunsin Oyekan's Adoption As Son | Photos / My Experience and fight With Native Doctors: Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.