Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. (20273 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by frankfrancis871: 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mods permission please

Please SHARE for ya boi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8_caSurjU
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by worldclass68(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sometimes we know the answer but want some confirmations from people...lol

Yes!!! Aside that, other opportunities dey lagos.
So moveeeee already..

Ho lastly, hope u kind of like the Specifications of the awaiting job...its very important that u enjoy what u do...even pay aside.

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Ofadaman(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
Lagos don full ,stay in IB.
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Funfactss: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:
Those living in Lagos should please advise, will it be worth it? I know transport and expenses in Lagos is higher than Ibadan but is it still a decision good enough?

Thanks
Oga better sidon for Ibadan

But it depends on the area sha
But lagos transport and housing go show you shege

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by dapolaw(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
The difference is too much, the #150k job in Lagos for me biko.... Ibadan is not even a cheap place to live in the first place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by rajiedreez: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Powersurge: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:
Those living in Lagos should please advise, will it be worth it? I know transport and expenses in Lagos is higher than Ibadan but is it still a decision good enough?

Thanks

Where will u be staying in Lagos?
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by emmy4real94(m): 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yes, it's called Elevation.. anyways!
Give me the Hallaa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Godswillu(m): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
what else do you want? oga carry your bags and move

before you can be promoted to reach 300% of your pay at Ibadan it may be in the next 15years, oga move

you can even still get better job in lagos, also if you manage yourself , you can save 50k or more from your 150

Bros to save in Lagos is one of the most difficult thing to do.
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Prales(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
It's worth it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
Na wa you..... Are you asking again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Godswillu(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
what else do you want? oga carry your bags and move

before you can be promoted to reach 300% of your pay at Ibadan it may be in the next 15years, oga move

you can even still get better job in lagos, also if you manage yourself , you can save 50k or more from your 150

Please people in Lagos please confirm if it is possible to save 50k from a salary of 150k
I don,t think it is possible.
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Solatium(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:

Thanks

As much as I would have encouraged you to take Lagos opportunity and use as a stepping stone to greater things i would still advice you to analyse the situation very well.

If your Job is on the Mainland You will cope very well,but if you have to work on the Island,guy it's gonna be a suicide mission because your take home can't get you a decent accomodations on the Island

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Lordbinsmar: 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
In Lagos your house rent keeps rising like ijebu garri each year, coupled with transportation, feeding and other hidden expenses, if you relocate to Lagos you might most likely regret it.

This I have seen.

FalseProphet efisile ejekolo si Lagos grin grin
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by 9japride(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
It's better you move to Lagos, there is the true definition of One Nigeria. A lot of opportunities and the environment will motivate you to hustle more unlike Ibadan that may make you feel relax and not to put in much effort in hustling.

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Myer(m): 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:

Thanks

You do the math.
Ibadan Salary = 50k
Lagos Salary = 150k
Meaning Lagos salary = 3 x Ibadan

Now factor in the following;

Cost of apartment in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of transport in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of food in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of goods and services in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of living in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Health benefits in Lagos Vs Ibadan job

After these considerations you should be able to decide what's better for you.

However my opinion, if you can get a 150k job in Ibadan, you would be just fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by baylord101(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
keding:
Yes it is worth it
Using a chat created by you to woo people is not advertisement in this digital age.
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by UncleKoboko: 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:

Thanks
No
Remain in Ibadan for the rest of your life.

Or deh
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by dokxavi: 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
Calculate your transport fare to and back from work, your feeding at work plus other expenses and subtract it from the 150k. If you can still save at least 70k monthly, you are good to go. We have been there and know what's up. Also start looking for a higher paying job immediately you start the 150k job or do something to improve your income or skills immediately you land. Emphasis the immediately. I wish I got this advice.

Don't go and spend money on Lagos girls o. Save it, invest some in good crypto and pray.
I am writing this from my regrets.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by ignis: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go for the 150K Lagos Job, don't be a local champion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by enambobo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
Godswillu:

Please people in Lagos please confirm if it is possible to save 50k from a salary of 150k
I don,t think it is possible.
It's very possible. It depends on your lifestyle and area of residence. If you are the type that parties around and spend on frivolities, 150k will be hard to save from. Just live a moderate life and you are sure to save up 70k monthly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by gulfer: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2021
It is a no-brainer what you choose if you are sincere because Lagos job @N150k is better than Ibadan job @N50k in all ramifications as well as the possibility of more opportunities while in Lagos. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by blessStar(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga pray to Jesus for direction
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by greggng: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:

Thanks

What is the job security ?
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Fatbam003: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
So you want to remain in Ibadan where your skull isn't safe grin cheesy grin

Ibadan is the headquarters of skull miners so please come to Lagos and save your head from being mined cheesy cheesy

Lagos is more safer than Ibadan
The crime rate in Lagos can't be compared to Ibadan.
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Apple2: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
If you have an accommodation then take it but if not? Stay where you are, Lagos is a terrible place without accommodation, accommodation in Lagos can take up all ur monthly salary

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Fatbam003: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
OP everything in life is not about money money seek for God's direction . 150k new job might be a trap whereas 50k job with comfort can be a blessing for the mean time

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by yesloaded: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Handsnigga:

Thanks

It's worth it but ensure your place of work is not far from house

Get an apartment in area that's like 50naira to 100naira bus from where you work even if the rent cost is expensive, there's no way you will rent a room for as much as 500k per year

No need to live in luxury but you can get a neat apartment

Reason why I suggest house close to your place or work is to reduce transport cost, lateness to work, & traffic stress

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? / Intercontinentalbank Is Recruting :act Fast / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.