Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. (20275 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by rayval(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Very good question.. if you are okay with the 50k in Ibadan, then stay there… apart from the salary, think about the environmental condition,cost of rent, work condition, is the job secure, transportation, cost of living,think about these first before the 150

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by FunnyDude(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Thunder fire Lagos. Very rough place for agbero

I relocated from Lagos.

I've personally turned down 120K, 200k job twice this year in lag

Freelancing is Bae

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by player007(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
Bosoan:
The difference is huge

150k Lagos is better than 50k Ibadan

You can literally live like a king in Ibadan with a 50k Salary and still save.
Lagos house rent alone sef no go let person get savings not to talk of feeding.

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Thosene(f): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
I'm also looking for a job in AKure like this. E no easy jor
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Hkff: 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by giriojo: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2021
Its worth it for a Man
Not for a Woman
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by nhurhetee(m): 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Mr Man come Lagos!!
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
Solatium:

As much as I would have encouraged you to take Lagos opportunity and use as a stepping stone to greater things i would still advice you to analyse the situation very well.

If your Job is on the Mainland You will cope very well,but if you have to work on the Island,guy it's gonna be a suicide mission because your take home can't get you a decent accomodations on the Island
Tafawa balewa square is the job location pls...how cheap and easy is it to get accomodation in that area?
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
Powersurge:

Where will u be staying in Lagos?
Tafawa balewa square is the location abeg, how easy and cheap is getting accomodation there?
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2021
Funfactss:

Oga better sidon for Ibadan

But it depends on the area sha
But lagos transport and housing go show you shege
Tafawa balewa square is the location abeg, how easy and cheap is getting accomodation there?
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
Funfactss:

Oga better sidon for Ibadan

But it depends on the area sha
But lagos transport and housing go show you shege
IF i get a close accommodation there, my transport will reduce
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
Myer:

You do the math.
Ibadan Salary = 50k
Lagos Salary = 150k
Meaning Lagos salary = 3 x Ibadan

Now factor in the following;

Cost of apartment in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of transport in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of food in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of goods and services in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Cost of living in Lagos Vs Ibadan
Health benefits in Lagos Vs Ibadan job

After these considerations you should be able to decide what's better for you.

However my opinion, if you can get a 150k job in Ibadan, you would be just fine.
Thanks so much
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
dokxavi:
Calculate your transport fare to and back from work, your feeding at work plus other expenses and subtract it from the 150k. If you can still save at least 70k monthly, you are good to go. We have been there and know what's up. Also start looking for a higher paying job immediately you start the 150k job or do something to improve your income or skills immediately you land. Emphasis the immediately. I wish I got this advice.

Don't go and spend money on Lagos girls o. Save it, invest some in good crypto and pray.
I am writing this from my regrets.
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it! �
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2021
Apple2:
If you have an accommodation then take it but if not? Stay where you are, Lagos is a terrible place without accommodation, accommodation in Lagos can take up all ur monthly salary
Very wise advice. Thanks
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
yesloaded:

It's worth it but ensure your place of work is not far from house

Get an apartment in area that's like 50naira to 100naira bus from where you work even if the rent cost is expensive, there's no way you will rent a room for as much as 500k per year

No need to live in luxury but you can get a neat apartment

Reason why I suggest house close to your place or work is to reduce transport cost, lateness to work, & traffic stress
Thanks a lot. �
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2021
BJanta:

Leave it ASAP. Whatever the consideration, leave immediately. I've lived for considerable lengths of time in both cities much longer in Lagos than Ibadan, in this your situation with 150k salary in Lagos, Lagos is a much better choice. There are people in Lagos who earn less equal to that 50k in Ibadan, who still get by. Does everybody in Lagos earn even as much as 100k? Patapata you spend 75k/month on all expenses, you'll still have 75k left. Besides, it's much easier to to upscale and build a career in Lagos than Ibadan. Just consider the distance from your place of work very well when you’re choosing your accommodation.
Wow, thanks so much. Really grateful
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

You need to follow this guy advise Handsnigga
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
xtervaganza:
I currently live in Ibadan and I can confidently tell you that the difference in the cost of living is very small. Rent in Ibadan nowadays is almost like Lagos and transport is just marginally different
True, thanks
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2021
inkristed:
People just exaggerate Lagos sha.
I stay in Lagos and 150k is a good salary. Nobody should deceive you
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
FunnyDude:
Thunder fire Lagos. Very rough place for agbero

I relocated from Lagos.

I've personally turned down 120K, 200k job twice this year in lag

Freelancing is Bae
I'm now trying freelancing too but not getting the jobs yet, so I need salary at least for now. Please, If you want to show the way I will appreciate it. ��
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
Handsnigga:
Those living in Lagos should please advise, will it be worth it? I know transport and expenses in Lagos is higher than Ibadan but is it still a decision good enough?

Tafawa balewa square is the job location pls, is there anyone staying around that side? I need more details about accomodation and so on in that area abeg
Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Solatium(m): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2021
Handsnigga:
Tafawa balewa square is the job location pls...how cheap and easy is it to get accomodation in that area?

Highly expensive,that is part of Lagos CBD but you can look at area's like Mushin/Lawanson/Ojuelegba/Ebute Metta/Orile/iyana Oworo for a little bit cheap accomodations but bulk of apartment in those areas are nothing to write home about
But if you have someone who can accommodate you around Yaba or even in Obalende you will be fine, don't even try places like ìyànà Ipaja or Sango or Mowe or ibafo,even Ajah/Lekki.
it will be suicidal.
i wish you well

Re: Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. by Handsnigga: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2021
Solatium:

Highly expensive,that is part of Lagos CBD but you can look at area's like Mushin/Lawanson/Ojuelegba/Ebute Metta/Orile/iyana Oworo for a little bit cheap accomodations but bulk of apartment in those areas are nothing to write home about
But if you have someone who can accommodate you around Yaba or even in Obalende you will be fine, don't even try places like ìyànà Ipaja or Sango or Mowe or ibafo,even Ajah/Lekki.
it will be suicidal.
i wish you well
Very detailed. Thanks so much. God bless

Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? / Intercontinentalbank Is Recruting :act Fast / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume