Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' (1610 Views)

High-risk Visitors Including Nigeria To Pay £3,000 Cash Bond / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. / So Lagos Is Now A High Risk Area, I Nor Know Before Oh-check Am Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
Nigeria,other African and Asian countries have missed the list of 'low risk' countries published by UKBA,

Read from 11

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance11.pdf
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by AjanleKoko: 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Where's the high-risk list?
There's only a list of low-risk countries on there.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Where's the high-risk list?
There's only a list of low-risk countries on there.

Its fair to say that countries that missed out on the list of 'low risk' will be regarded as high risk
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by AjanleKoko: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^
Not necessarily.
After low, there's medium. I thought there was a high risk list.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Not necessarily.
After low, there's medium. I thought there was a high risk list.

It depends on how long you want to stretch the 'risk' level, u can as well add 'semi-medium' after low
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by steve13(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2011
Evil man,justwise u wish death to nigeria and nigerians,evil messenger,UKBA my ass,why must u bring this thing here?so people all over the world reading this will consider nigerians high risk abii?coconut head.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2011
steve_101:

Evil man,justwise u wish death to nigeria and nigerians,evil messenger,UKBA my backside,why must u bring this thing here?so people all over the world reading this will consider nigerians high risk abii?coconut head.

I'm posting it here so that pple will see what criminals like you have done to Nigeria, traveling with forged/fake/stolen passport can only damage our image even more, applying for visa with all sorts of forged or fake documents has made life hell for genuine travelers.

If you are worried about what other countries think about us Nigerians then keep ur thieving fingers off crime, its that simple Steve_101
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by OmoTier1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
@justwise,
I think you would soon see that list abandoned! Just wait for a dimplomatic roar to escalate between the UK and any of those countries and you will see UKBA avoiding that list.

We have seen all these nonsense before and at the end nothing was achieved with it.

Makes me wonder if the UK is truly running out of 21st century ideas on how to manage immigration sensibly.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

@justwise,
I think you would soon see that list abandoned!
Just wait for a dimplomatic roar to escalate between the UK and any of those countries and you will see UKBA avoiding that list.

We have seen all these nonsense before and at the end nothing was achieved with it.

Makes me wonder if the UK is truly running out of 21st century ideas on how to manage immigration sensibly.

I hope that happens soon cos its quiet insulting to paint almost all African countires black, this is where Nigeria embassy in London should come out and question this development.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by OmoTier1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2011
justwise:

I hope that happens soon cos its quiet insulting to paint almost all African countires black, this is where Nigeria embassy in London should come out and question this development.
Well, wait until the Lord Lords of the Commons get to debate that list.

It's obvious that the UKBA is targetting countries with high number of applications and as usual, commit them to produce evidence upon which they drew that list and you would be shocked that either none was used, or completely unscientific extrapolation of statistical data was used as we found out in the English UK Judicial review court case.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Well, wait until the Lord Lords of the Commons get to debate that list.

It's obvious that the UKBA is targetting countries with high number of applications and as usual, commit them to produce evidence upon which they drew that list and you would be shocked that either none was used, or completely unscientific extrapolation of statistical data was used as we found out in the English UK Judicial review court case.

I watched the debate last yr when it was suggested that Nigeria and other countries should be placed on high risk countries, the reason given by one MP then was that they carried out an investigaion in Uk high commssion Nigeria and discovered that a huge number of applicants submited forged/fake documents, i keep asking myself. . .is that good enough reason to punish other decent Nigerians? Why not ban those caught for life and give other decent Nigerians the credit they deserve.
Re: Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' by OmoTier1(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
justwise:

I watched the debate last yr when it was suggested that Nigeria and other countries should be placed on high risk countries, the reason given by one MP then was that they carried out an investigaion in Uk high commssion Nigeria and discovered that a huge number of applicants submited forged/fake documents, i keep asking myself. . .is that good enough reason to punish other decent Nigerians? Why not ban those caught for life and give other decent Nigerians the credit they deserve.
oh well those MPs are as good as thier party leaders any way! stinky expenses rogues.

I usually wait for the comments of the Lord Lors in commons, thier words carry mucn power than those ranting MPs.
It's like saying with the high number of brit who go binge drinking and sex rumps in Barcelona, malta, greece,etc all Brits should be placed on a band of high risk tourist, which in my view is nonsensical! Considering the number application received each year, one needs to ask out of ten applicants, can the UKBA claim that 6 applicants are caught with forged or fake documents? I mean, that is what one may identify as high risk!

Maybe there is another agenda (as yet to be unravelled) why it appears there is a delibrate policy to limit applications from applicants in countries outside the EU with large population size. An observation one can actually make from the list of the countries in your first post likely to fall in the high risk band.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Studying In Iceland. / General Norway Student Visa Pls Help How Do I Go About It.. / 5 Historical Facts About Nok City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.