Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal (22995 Views)

Man Finishes A Big Lump Of Food And Chicken To Win 100k (video And Photos) / Subsidy Removal: NEC Directs NEMA To Immediately Distribute Grains To States / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by tnerro1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Buy lots of beans, garri , salt , red oil and firewood and you are good to go for 6 months grin
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by TheGreatOne90: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2021
Greenback:
Okay nairalanders,I'm gonna make this brief and short.

Like we are all aware if, the federal government have announced plans to and made its intentions known as regards the removal of petroleum subsidy in the coming year 2022.

We are still in 2021 and are currently, I dare say, operating under the year of oil subsidy grace! But despite that, prices of foodstuff and other items have witnessed a continuous astronomical increase.

The common man and average Nigerian have had to seriously tightened all loose ends up and their belts in a bid to survive.

One can then imagine the magnitude of hardship that will be unleashed on Nigerians when the federal government,in their "kind concern" remove the subsidy (was it there in the first place?)

So guys, please kindly suggest what would be good and wise for families, Nigerians to buy now in abundance and store that could assuage the effects of petroleum subsidy removal to a large extent in the coming year

As for me,I am thinking of buying two bags of rice,cartons of satchet tomatoes,groceries and of course red oil.

What do you have in mind?
The only thing to buy, is a pair of boot, for the mother of all protest, against the terrorist/criminals masquerading as federal government.
Una never tire to tolerate this useless government ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by OnyeObodo: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
It is political suicide for the APC led govt to add ₦1 to the current price of P.M.S, 2023 is an election year, currently Insecurity and poverty is on the rise.

Subsidy will not be removed.

Gazzuzz better edit this your comment to avoid misleading people who wants to prepare ahead.

They will remove the subsidy. Its not in 2022 budget. How then will they fund subsidy since no provision was made for it in the budget?

1 Like

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by dawndeal: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
There will be no fuel increment
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by duality(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
It is political suicide for the APC led govt to add ₦1 to the current price of P.M.S, 2023 is an election year, currently Insecurity and poverty is on the rise.

What will you do if they are announced winners. The motivation of some persons running for presidency, is that election will be rigged for them.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by obama30: 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
Greenback:

Like we are all aware if, the federal government have announced plans to and made its intentions known as regards the removal of petroleum subsidy in the coming year 2022.

We are still in 2021 and are currently, I dare say, operating under the year of oil subsidy grace! But despite that, prices of foodstuff and other items have witnessed a continuous astronomical increase.

The common man and average Nigerian have had to seriously tightened all loose ends up and their belts in a bid to survive.

One can then imagine the magnitude of hardship that will be unleashed on Nigerians when the federal government,in their "kind concern" remove the subsidy (was it there in the first place?)

So guys, please kindly suggest what would be good and wise for families, Nigerians to buy now in abundance and store that could assuage the effects of petroleum subsidy removal to a large extent in the coming year

As for me,I am thinking of buying two bags of rice,cartons of satchet tomatoes,groceries and of course red oil.

I believed you are one of educated Nigerian who believed they are given back education benefit to society through grammar. I have one word for you. you see all the listed foodstuff you believe to buy in stock before the government remove subside, it will finish within some months. what i expect educated person of your type to do is to advise masses on how to start compound farming with modern technologies equipment's. The modern equipment's are not limited to machinery but includes buckets. You can use bucket to farm your vegetables and use cements sacks to farm yams, coco-yam including cassava, corn, okro, etc. If you can buy all this with seedling your expenses when the governments remove subsidy can be less. This type of farming don't need much space or much gap between each plants because they are not in competition of manure or anything, every crops is on its own comfortable confinement. If you can get 45% of your foods from your backyard farming, corridor or rooftop deck, through buckets, water, sacks, manure from poultry farm then you're ready to manage with subsidy removal. This type of farming is all season farm because the crops have sun and water always. But stocking foodstuff that can finish is not solution. I just give this information freely for those that care not for everyone, I am not the type that sell information freely to get like or hoping to make money on you-tube, i use my information's by my self through production and sell the product. But this time i need to let those that are willing that there's a little way they can help them-self through backyard farming, the city you live doesn't matter but space at your occupied flat or compound.

3 Likes

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by captianfreeman(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
For how long are you gonna store food?
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Hassanmaye(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Pussy ass niggars everywhere

Scared of tomorrow

Running to buy food for tomorrow that is never guaranteed
grin grin
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by CyberHustle: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
Talk like these will no doubt fuel the inflation of foodstuffs price. As people compete to stock foodstuffs against the predicted harsh period, sellers will see an artificial surge in demand and fire down with increase in prices. Only more production can save us. That's why insecurity and food security are interwoven.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by CyberHustle: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
captianfreeman:
For how long are you gonna store food?
until next major harvest by august 2022.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by tempex88(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Greenback:

My friend, please be very careful with this.
I work onboard ship, tanker ship and whenever we are at Lagos jetty,I always take on or two kegs( 25ltrs) home. When I disembarked some two months ago,I had like five kegs. Gave one away and had four. Kept them in my bathroom where there's enough water and ventilation. But I was always scared when I'm away.
Only one and half remaining now,all thanks and praise to NEPA grin

But please, with this idea,just be careful and you will need license.

I won't try it. The risk is far more than the reward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Onetimentertain: 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Pussy ass niggars everywhere

Scared of tomorrow

Running to buy food for tomorrow that is never guaranteed
no forget how the matter be for Joseph time o, if nor be say God use am help him generation we for no dey alive by now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by qtx(m): 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It has no effect on election i bet you. because whoever will win the election in Nigeria will win. Don't quote me without understanding.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ekob:

And when Subsidy goes what happens to corruption, mismanagement, bad governance, nepotism,.. Will it go away with subsidy removal too?.
Your answer is as good as mine. Capital letter "NO"..

Now with corruption, bad government and mismanagement lurking around in the face of this subsidy removal, what do you think will happen again? Well let me spell it out for you. It will be the Enrichment of few selfish political and business elites who have already consolidated themselves in strategic looting positions.

Think my friend.. Do not behave like a toilet that receives every Sh*t spew at it without questioning.

First off,you need to calm down. I am not your leader,or in goverment and I am no fan of PDP and APC to the point that I have never voted for either party and never will. I also think that Buhari is a failure, I never would vote for him, and did not vote for him in 2015 and 19

Infact I am so tired of our political elite that if I were to write what is on my mind, I would probably say things I should not say

But the fact that I don't like the elite does not mean I should wake up and support bad policies because 'they help the people' .subsidy is one of them

Second ,the very nature of the subsidy makes it not sustainable because

1. Cost of producing fuel rises, meaning amount spent on subsides rises

2. The source of funding subsidy comes from oil revenue. Oil revenue are never stable,meaning when it falls below sustenance level, we have to take loans to fund the subsidy

3. At the end of the day, we lose billions to smuggling of cheap fuel to other countries.

4. We kept fuel.cheap.over the years by making it unprofitable to refine fuel here, and by making it more easier for sabotage and corruption to wreck the refineries. Because when one refines at a loss..

Anyway for more informatio read the article linked below
el subsides bad
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by billyG(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
By food keep like dooms day preparers.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by newoffer: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
These are the lists of things to buy.

Polish
,toothbrush
Bathing Soaps
Toothpaste
WASHING SOAPS
TOMATO PASTE,
MAGGI
RICE
RED OIL
ORORO
Dried Bitterleaf
Dried Okro
Dried Pepper
Custard

He go be...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by adecz: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
⭕️With Rice, beans & dry pepper
you can't go wrong.⭕️

Make sure you know how to
preserve beans..

50 kg bags of beans or rice are currently
less than 22k in the North.

Best wishes to all✌️✌️✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Cardinal2012:
You don't need to buy food stuffs you just need to find a way to buy assets that provide value and produce income, I know you will say there is no money, but if putting your financial house in order is important to you, you will find a way. Beating this economy crises requires one to be financially educated in terms of taxes, inflation, liabilities , assets, debt, unemployment etc, unfortunately the rich wouldn't allow these to be taught in schools lest the poor escape the traps
Oga all this are taught in school, we are in technology age; anything you wish to know is one click away. Enough of the victim mentality already.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by erico2k2(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

They wont add anything, they can never remove subsidy, all these talk is to lure people who do not understand what subsidy means into a false sense of security thinking that its a good thing. However what the FG should remove should be the fraud around subsidy!
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Greenback:

OP No disrespect, this is a Poor mans mentality, one of which the person in this school of thought has no means of growing their personal self or rather limiting themselves at always a receiving END not giving. What happened to investment to earn more? what happened to production?
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Onyedikachi323(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
God Will surely help us out in this country amen....
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by balarabe01(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
1.Soybeans.
2.Maize and Sorghum
3.Pms if you have a good storage tank.
4.Engine oil.
5.Dollar.
I move. wink
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by tctrills: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Nothing like suicide. last last, they would rig the election. Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by seanswitch(m): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

All financial indices does not support nonremoval. They can't run this country another year on petrol subsidy. Imagine Nigeria just approached an Islamic bank for loan of less than 50 billion.

Subsidy will be removed, it may not be January, but will definitely be 2022.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by ikorodureporta: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
All the Foodstuffs dey spoil na...

Make una just start treckking to Ghana. D surest way
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by specialmati(m): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

Eat them
grin grin grin grin so after eating them what next wont you buy another ones
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by TheOgaBoss: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
TemmyDayo50:
Water is Bae grin cool
he should store water? LOL. cheesy
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
No single citizen doing trade (buying and selling) will be affected by this change. They'll simply upgrade their prices accordingly so they can't really feel much loss.
Moreover, depending on existing stock, the first sales are purely gains since they have inventory.

Those that will feel the effects in full are salary earners whose salary is static and will lose a good % of the value.
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Tonytonex(m): 1:35am On Dec 17, 2021
donziller:
Buy beans alot of beans
how you wan take dey cook the beans with this high price of gas?
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Tonytonex(m): 1:38am On Dec 17, 2021
Nickymichy:
Garri, garri, garri, garri, garri and garri
too much of garri would make you sick or affect your vision.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by Tonytonex(m): 1:41am On Dec 17, 2021
Amodi470:
Onion
Onions
Onionsn
Onions na food?
Re: Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal by TemmyDayo50(m): 6:32am On Dec 17, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
he should store water? LOL. cheesy
You gerrit cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 / Today Is International World Egg Day! / Children's Birthday Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.