Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos (31693 Views)

Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom / Identities Of Police Officers Who Extorted ₦22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Lagos Men / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by dre11(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Two young Nigerians, Morakinyo Tobiloba Peter and Yusuf Samson Dayo, have narrated how officers attached to the Force Criminal Investigation Department Annex, Alagbon Close, Lagos State, extorted N22,000,000 worth of bitcoin.

They explained that they were stopped on July 14, 2021 while driving along the Ikoyi/Ajah Expressway by the team of police officers in mufti led by one officer Austin, who adopted a fictitious name “Osas”.

The duo said they were treated like criminals while their boss, one DSP Cordelia Nwanue with force number 145341, asked the officers to kill them if they cannot pay N20million as bail.

“We were driving on the Ikoyi/Ajah Expressway precisely at 1004 on the 14th of July 2021, when a team of police officers in mufty accosted us and ordered us to park. We parked and the police officers jumped into the car and ordered us to open our phones.

“Since we have nothing to hide, we gave them our phones and they found nothing incriminating. To our surprise, they ordered us to drive down to their office, we insisted we must know our offences before we can move down to the station. But the police officers descended on us and beat us for disobedience. They claimed we were too fresh not to be a fraudster. We begged them and showed them that we are realtors. We gave them our identity cards and showed them some of our ongoing projects but they insisted we were fraudsters.

“When we got to the police station at FCID Annex, Alagbon Close, Lagos, we were quickly pushed into the cell and they went away with our mobile phones. The police officers returned some hours later and told us we were trading in Bitcoins,” one of them told SaharaReporters.

“Before we know it, they started beating us and calling us Yahoo boys, we told them we were not Yahoo boys. We explained that we are realtors and it was because of the decline in naira that we converted our money into bitcoin, but they kept beating us and they said we should write statement around 8:00pm in the night.”

The duo added that the statements written by them were torn into pieces by the policemen while they were forced to sign another ones written by the officers alleging that they were Internet fraudsters.

“We wrote the statements and they tore it into pieces and wrote another statement for us and forced us to sign it. We did signed the statement and they took them before their boss, DSP Cordelia Nwanue with force number 145341, Admin section, FCID Annex, Alagbon Lagos,” they added.

“Mrs Uwanue asked her officers what happened and they narrated the whole story to her, they told her we are Yahoo boys which we denied and the woman said they should give us bail condition, they demanded N20million from us and when we said we don't have such amount of money, the woman said they should go and kill us if we insist we cannot pay them N20million as bail.

“Officer Austin who led the team also adopted a fictitious name so that people will not know his true name. He was addressed as Osas by DSP Uwanue, he was the one who took us to the cell and threatened to kill the two of us if we cannot transfer the N20million in bitcoin to them.

“So when he bought out his gun and was taking us out of the cell to kill us as ordered by her boss, DSP Uwanue, we now succumbed to him and said he should remove the money from our account, he insisted he wanted bitcoin and not naira, he provided another bitcoin account and he transferred N22million equivalent of bitcoin from our account.”

They urged human rights activists and the government to intervene on their behalf.

Speaking on the incident, a human rights lawyer, Adegbola Odunyemi asked the Inspector-General of Police to investigate the matter.

“I hereby call on well meaning Nigerians to prevail on the office of the Inspector-General of Police; Minister of Police Affairs; Chairman, Police Service Commission; Speaker, House of Representatives; the Senate President and His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, to help us recover this money from these criminal elements parading themselves as police officers.

“My clients are realtors and it was because of the decline in naira that made them to convert their money into bitcoin, they are not Yahoo boys.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/18/how-nigerian-policemen-extorted-n22million-worth-bitcoin-young-men-gunpoint-lagos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Jack005(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Nigerian police are a reflection of the Nigerian society... I can never like a Nigerian police and that is why I don't feel bad for them each time I read news about them been killed. Unfortunately there are still good ones, but a minute fraction.

263 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Rexwalters1: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Jack005:
K
Know your rights.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by ogmask: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
So sad...
I pray this matter see the light of day.

43 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by inoki247: 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
lol na mumu dey carry him wallet waka...

you know say diz thing na Contraband u dey carry am waka person wey police see BTC wallet for him phone na drug e carry so for police eye or dey assume u ar into fraud automatically....

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by slowice(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
This story has weakened me.... Someone asked in another thread if we think it's possible to see the Nigeria of out dream in our lifetime..... I doubt that possibility.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Aidejay(m): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Na kill dem go kill me for there ooh!
I'd rather die than hand over my hard earned money to these people.
Once I make up my mind to die like this I will make sure to wreck havoc on any officer I can lay my hands on. Even if na to blind am permanently.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by ERockson: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Another one. I believe the IG will do the needful and this set of criminals will not go unpunished. This well detailed allegations with names, police station and DPO details.

13 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by walemoney007(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
All this young boys that have millions in their accounts, need to know they need to have a lawyer.

Una go get money, to dey pay lawyer wey go dey defend Una for issues like this become problem.

I sha hope say dem go get their money back

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by SadiqBabaSani: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
I hope this criminal thieves called Police are fished out,

Police is jst so corrupt

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by BlaqJosh: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2021
Those men on black no get shame. Always showing how stupid they are to the world.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by propzncribz: 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
"Working boys" Should always have a side hustle even if they don't take it seriously. What would it cost to snap a few houses and post them online for sale or even short-let? Maybe actually rent out a few properties a month and save the clients number as "client this or that" and If situations like this arises, they have proof to show they work as realtors.

54 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by juniorstar(m): 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2021
dre11:

They explained that they were stopped on July 14, 2021 while driving along the Ikoyi/Ajah Expressway by the team of police officers in mufti led by one officer Austin, who adopted a fictitious name “Osas”.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/18/how-nigerian-policemen-extorted-n22million-worth-bitcoin-young-men-gunpoint-lagos

Lalasticlala

Nawa oo.. daylight robbery.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
Legally earned monies have trails... for you to have earned that sum of funds legally, along the ladder, you must have met friends, colleagues, business associates, police officers, army, business persons, family that would stand for you legit..

Fraud monies have no attachments or trails,it just hits you.. friends and colleagues cant come to the station because they may be ropped in.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by SKhanmi: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
Esseite:
Legally earned monies have trails... for you to have earned that sum of funds legally, along the ladder, you must have met friends, colleagues, police officers, army, business persons, family that would stand for you..

Fraud monies have no attachments or trails.. and friends and colleagues cant come to the station because they may be ropped in.

I beg to disagree with your statement, what about freelancers working for foreigners? Website sellers? Currency exchangers? And you can do that with nobody knowing. Even if shown evidence of such jobs & gigs which I will never advise, this policemen just want payment.

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
So the officer transferred 20M worth of bitcoin without your wallet password or key. He transferred to where? No tx id, no prove, nothing, just one made up stories

Sahara reporters well done

11 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
SKhanmi:

I beg to disagree with your statement, what about freelancers working for foreigners? Website sellers? Currency exchangers? And you can do that with nobody knowing. Even if shown evidence of such jobs & gigs which I will never advise, this policemen just want payment.

Well.. free lancers working for foreigners have trails of payments and working up N22m sitting balance as a free lancer, you are very well grounded affiliated with various organizations and must have trusted mentors who can step up. currency exchange would have had other exchangers flood the station with calls even from Abuja and police headquarters.. legit monies have trails. Fraud has made N22m look like change, earning it legally is a lifetime for majority.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Curious345: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
Huhn..

Invictus obi was inwardly and outwardly holier than you , but it turned out he was international fraudster number 1.

Yes if you stole people hard-earned money , the police and army have right to brutalise you into submission .after all you're a thief ..

7 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Curious345: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
Yahoo boys are low budget anini

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Day169: 12:33am On Dec 19, 2021
I find it difficult to spot the difference between these guys and kidnappers or bandits..
.. or is it just their location that's different?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by SKhanmi: 1:18am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:

Well.. free lancers working for foreigners have trails of payments and working up N22m sitting balance as a free lancer, you are very well grounded affiliated with various organizations and must have trusted mentors who can step up. currency exchange would have had other exchangers flood the station with calls even from Abuja and police headquarters.. legit monies have trails. Fraud has made N22m look like change, earning it legally is a lifetime for majority.

$39k? Some nft sellers be laughing at you. I blame our shitty exchange rate though. So if all I had was foreign organizations & mentors as a freelancer, how would that help me in Nigeria? An exchanger would have roots here, sure. And you expect someone with no roots here showing this mostly illiterate policemen paper trails abi, go to Twitter & ask for experiences, They don't differentiate, it's all about the money for them.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 19, 2021
SKhanmi:

$39k? Some nft sellers be laughing at you. I blame our shitty exchange rate though. So if all I had was foreign organizations & mentors as a freelancer, how would that help me in Nigeria? An exchanger would have roots here, sure. And you expect someone with no roots here showing this mostly illiterate policemen paper trails abi, go to Twitter & ask for experiences, They don't differentiate, it's all about the money for them.

Yeah no doubt Nft's, Lands in the metaverse sells really huge when bought right and honestly really hard to defend especially to policemen that dont understand it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Caboceer: 3:26am On Dec 19, 2021
Every fresh dude must have a lawyer on speed dial these days and no be anyhow lawyer o, na lawyer wey get mouth

See how they killed that woman's son that time everyone was feeling sorry for her...the women on the force are way more heartess and evil than the men, they lie, kill and steal without remorse since they are always trying to prove themselves to their equally evil & useless male colleagues. Forgetting that human beings will always reap whatever they sow, it's an immutable spiritual law...you cannot plant cassava and reap cocoyam.

Everyone's deeds will seek them out and eventually manifest in their lives, the more obvious ad quick when innocent blood is shed

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by allcomage: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2021
Where have you guys been that you are writing ig now?They must have used the money by now, I wish you raised the alarm earlier. That is why some group like ipob want to have their own country to organise it in human form not the brutish way Nigeria is.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Quiny32323: 7:15am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:
Legally earned monies have trails... for you to have earned that sum of funds legally, along the ladder, you must have met friends, colleagues, business associates, police officers, army, business persons, family that would stand for you legit..

Fraud monies have no attachments or trails,it just hits you.. friends and colleagues cant come to the station because they may be ropped in.

Seriously you made alot of sense here.

6 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by cybernaut(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2021
Yeye guys and illiterate to highest level. Never you allowed officer to access your phone because is your right.

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Perfecttouchade: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Ahhhhaaa shocked
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Golan007: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Your friends set you up.

Police no get jazz.

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Bubu4Sea: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Has anybody noticed that in the North that the police behave themselves?

The police harassment is part of the Islamic tax on the south.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dismissed Policeman Kills Fiancée’s Mother In Delta State Over Cancelled Wedding / Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! / Cultists Kill A Man In Ebonyi State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.