Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

The Wages Of Sin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wages Of Sin (4077 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / The Wages Of Sin Is Not Eternal Torment 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wages Of Sin by LilBlaze24o: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

If death results from sin, why do non-human animals and plants also partake of death?

This is a very interesting question Bro.
As to whether animals die as a result to Adamic sin, we cannot be dogmatic.
But death is a natural occurrence which can affect plants as well as animals. How do we know that?

See Jehovah's statement to Adam in the garden of Eden
“See, I give you all the seed-bearing plants that are found all over the earth, and all the trees which have seed-bearing fruit; it shall be yours to eat. To all the wild beasts of the earth, to all the birds of the air, and to all the land reptiles, in which there is a living spirit, I give all the green plants for food.” (Gen. 1:29, 30, AT)

If man and animals are to eat from the plants, therefore the plants will grow, mature, bear fruits for food and eventually die. Therefore death is a natural occurrence.

But Humans were not meant to die. How did we know that. From the statement given to Adam in the garden...

Genesis 2:17
But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”

So if Adam has not eaten from the fruit, humans wouldn't have died.

Romans 5:12
That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.

Hope this answers your question.
#StaySafe
Re: The Wages Of Sin by LilBlaze24o: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2021
AntiChristian:
Did Jesus had to die because he was a sinner?

All man will be punished only for their sins.

1.fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (deuteronomy 24:16).

2.everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (jeremiah 31:30).

3.the one who sins is the one who will die (ezekiel 18:4).

4.yet you may ask, ‘why shouldn’t the son bear the iniquity of his father?’ since the son has done what is just and right, carefully observing all my statutes, he will surely live. 20the soul who sins is the one who will die. a son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. the righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21but if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all my statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.…
ezekiel 18:19-21

So only the sinner will be punished and no one dies for anyone.

Adam was given a law in the garden of Eden, but he failed to obeyed that law.
What has been the result of Adam’s failure to obey? The Bible answers this way: “Through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) By disobeying God, Adam sinned. He thus lost the prospect of endless life and eventually died. Being his descendants, we have inherited his sinful condition. As a result, we are subject to sickness, old age, and death. This explanation of why we die is in harmony with what we know today about heredity. But has God done anything to remedy the situation?

Yes, God made arrangements to redeem, or buy back, what Adam had lost for his descendants, namely, the prospect of endless life. How did God accomplish that?

“The wages sin pays is death,” says the Bible at Romans 6:23. This means that death is the consequence of sin. Adam sinned, so he died. Likewise, we sin and are therefore subject to sin’s wages, death. But we were born in this sinful condition through no fault of our own. So God lovingly sent his Son, Jesus, to accept ‘the wages of sin’ for us. How does this work?

Since one man, the perfect man Adam, brought sin and death on us through disobedience, a perfect man obedient even till death was needed to release us from that burden. The Bible explains it this way: “Just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one person many will be made righteous.” (Romans 5:19) Jesus was that “one person.” He left heaven, became a perfect man, and died in our behalf. As a result, it is possible for us to have a righteous standing with God and gain the prospect of endless life.

#StaySafe

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2021
drezzyx:
Sometimes i wonder why same sinners live longer than the righteous one .
And even prosper and enjoy wealth and opulence
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Timodeyforyou(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:
The wages of sin is enjoyment and not death!

Is there anybody that will not die? Even Jesus Christ had to die at some point even though he was sinless. So, how can the wages of sin be death when we are all going to die whether we sin or not?

It's true that the wages of sin is death. We are all going to die because we are all sinners. We all have committed a sin against God. No one is sinless but one who believes in God and seeks for his forgiveness and who genuinely repent from his or her sins shall be saved
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2021
LilBlaze24o:

Hope this answers your question.
#StaySafe

While I thank you for taking the time and care to offer your view, regrettably, it only appears to me as special pleading in terms of exempting humanity from that which is natural. And therefore contradictory: because in truth, everything physical is subject to change/ deterioration.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2021
Timodeyforyou:

It's true that the wages of sin is death. We are all going to die because we are all sinners. We all have committed a sin against God. No one is sinless but one who believes in God and seeks for his forgiveness and who genuinely repent from his or her sins shall be saved

You have to plead with your creator to permit you to live, and seek his forgiveness for the nature he bequeathed to you?
Are you certain this creator is not a lieutenant of Beelzebub?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by ButterBurger: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2021
Since we have religious doctrines and government constitutions.
Then what is sin and what is crime. Because e different o.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by seunmsg(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2021
Timodeyforyou:

Saved from what?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by chudez0147(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2021
drezzyx:
Sometimes i wonder why same sinners live longer than the righteous one .
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

Very true.. sometimes I wonder why too.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by LilBlaze24o: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

While I thank you for taking the time and care to offer your view, regrettably, it only appears to me as special pleading in terms of exempting humanity from that which is natural. And therefore contradictory: because in truth, everything physical is subject to change/ deterioration.

We are all born to observe natural deterioration. Hence it may seem impossible for some to believe that humans can be exempted.

Science has shown that as one cell dies in human million more cells are reproduced from that dying cell. At some point the dying cells stop reproducing, old age set it, sickness, pains, death.

What if these conditions can be reverted?
I believe in the bible. And I believe in these words here

Job 33:25
Let his flesh become fresher than in youth;
Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor.

Old age and death can be reverted.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Danmisra(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2021
Yankiss:
Anti Christian, Please read the bible to the end. Read John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Read to the end of the bible and free yourself from ignorance and eternal damnation.
This verse is very foundation of christianity remove it and Christianity will have no base on which to stand upon.
We kept asking why God, who is so forgiven, merciful, kind, and full of love cannot not just forgive mankind in general rather than killed his or sacrifice his beloved son to save humanity. Is not forgiven simpler than hurting yourself before forgiven. Here there is no any christian in the whole world that can convince you logically that this is right.
This is why christianity is illogical and cannot be compare to Islam or jeudaism and win any agument.
This no any person that will study bible and uses his sense to judge the Bible and christian doctrine and remain a christain, unless he takes Christianity as a business or cannot stand for himself(independence) and is scared of his parent or relative or is doing it deliberately to misguide his own fellow christians for money.

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Timodeyforyou(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

You have to plead with your creator to permit you to live, and seek his forgiveness for the nature he bequeathed to you?
Are you certain this creator is not a lieutenant of Beelzebub?

God has given us his rules and commandments as well as the implications which will befall us if we do against or obey his commandments. We all have to keep his commandments but we may fall into temptation and disobey God's commandments so in order to be redeemed and be back on his right path, forgiveness must be sought
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Timodeyforyou(m): 11:45am On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Saved from what?

Hell
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2021
LilBlaze24o:

We are all born to observe natural deterioration. Hence it may seem impossible for some to believe that humans can be exempted.

Science has shown that as one cell dies in human million more cells are reproduced from that dying cell. At some point the dying cells stop reproducing, old age set it, sickness, pains, death.

What if these conditions can be reverted?
I believe in the bible. And I believe in these words here

Job 33:25
Let his flesh become fresher than in youth;
Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor.

Old age and death can be reverted.

I have no doubt that aging can be scientifically addressed, but I see no reason to therefore think that the flesh of man alone, of all flesh, could have somehow once been exempt from the natural order of death.

Be sure you understand what special pleading is -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading
Re: The Wages Of Sin by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Thank you, God. cry

❤❤❤❤
Re: The Wages Of Sin by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:
The wages of sin is enjoyment and not death!

Is there anybody that will not die? Even Jesus Christ had to die at some point even though he was sinless. So, how can the wages of sin be death when we are all going to die whether we sin or not?

Hmmm, is not a physical death we are talking about here.... remember also that upon your death , you shall give account of your works on Earth as you didn't create yourself , someone brought you to earth for a purpose but the decision and determination to hear from the person lies on you .......
Don't be decived, death is not the end of a man.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
Danmisra:

This verse is very foundation of christianity remove it and Christianity will have no base on which to stand upon.
We kept asking why God, who is so forgiven, merciful, kind, and full of love cannot not just forgive mankind in general rather than killed his or sacrifice his beloved son to save humanity. Is not forgiven simpler than hurting yourself before forgiven. Here there is no any christian in the whole world that can convince you logically that this is right.
This is why christianity is illogical and cannot be compare to Islam or jeudaism and win any agument.
This no any person that will study bible and uses his sense to judge the Bible and christian doctrine and remain a christain, unless he takes Christianity as a business or cannot stand for himself(independence) and is scared of his parent or relative or is doing it deliberately to misguide his own fellow christians for money.

The Bible is not just words gummed or clued together as a story book just as found in those religions you mentioned......
For you not to be conformed in the world, you need the holy Spirit of God , the word of God is not carnally read, it is a spiritual direction of faith....
Have you seen an Iman cast out demons ?
Or Judaism do same?
The words in the Bible are power proven, no one understands those words if you are comformed of the world....
So I understand your confusion, argument has nothing to do with Christianity.....
That is why no Christian fights for God on someone mocking Christian God.....we don't go killing people like the religion you mentioned above because we have the words that are not carnally read but spiritually edifying to the soul.

But my happiness lies on the fact that the Almighty Qur'an and Suna recorded that the birth of Jesus Christ was a miraculous and a significant one......
Why then will people live the teachings of the someone recorded to be born in such a way and follow the teachings of a carnal man called Mohammed? Even though their own religious book clearly stated who is more powerful and superior to the other.....

Humans can always change events but not certianity ...... Qur'an couldn't run away from the truth, but the worshipers ran away from it...lols
Re: The Wages Of Sin by seunmsg(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
Timodeyforyou:

Hell

I don’t believe in such fairy tales.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Drogunov: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Saved from what?

Your self absorbed, egotistic and I-know-it-all attitude.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by seunmsg(m): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
Drogunov:

Your self absorbed, egotistic and I-know-it-all attitude.

Oh oh oh! I’m now an egoistic I-know-it- all person. Am I no longer the dirt poor marketer that sells GNLD products somewhere around Ibadan? Thought you said you know me so well. What has changed??

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Drogunov: 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Oh oh oh! I’m now an egoistic I-know-it- all person. Am I no longer the dirt poor marketer that sells GNLD products somewhere around Ibadan? Thought you said you know me so well. What has changed??

Nothing. Except for more revelations. I just revealed more of your qualities. And thank you for telling us what you do in Ibadan apart from what I know. Never wanted to really spill the beans but you just did it yourself. Atleast part of it. I didn't know selling GNLD was another of your side hustles about from auditing. I know you are a sales man for lipsrsealed but never knew GNLD was also a money maker for you.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Drogunov: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:

You see, you keep unraveling. You are like an onion. Everyday I have a fresh epiphany about you.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2021
LilBlaze24o:

Adam was given a law in the garden of Eden, but he failed to obeyed that law.
What has been the result of Adam’s failure to obey? The Bible answers this way: “Through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) By disobeying God, Adam sinned. He thus lost the prospect of endless life and eventually died. Being his descendants, we have inherited his sinful condition. As a result, we are subject to sickness, old age, and death. This explanation of why we die is in harmony with what we know today about heredity. But has God done anything to remedy the situation?

Yes, God made arrangements to redeem, or buy back, what Adam had lost for his descendants, namely, the prospect of endless life. How did God accomplish that?

“The wages sin pays is death,” says the Bible at Romans 6:23. This means that death is the consequence of sin. Adam sinned, so he died. Likewise, we sin and are therefore subject to sin’s wages, death. But we were born in this sinful condition through no fault of our own. So God lovingly sent his Son, Jesus, to accept ‘the wages of sin’ for us. How does this work?

Since one man, the perfect man Adam, brought sin and death on us through disobedience, a perfect man obedient even till death was needed to release us from that burden. The Bible explains it this way: “Just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one person many will be made righteous.” (Romans 5:19) Jesus was that “one person.” He left heaven, became a perfect man, and died in our behalf. As a result, it is possible for us to have a righteous standing with God and gain the prospect of endless life.

#StaySafe

Was hoping you would say something else but you still contradicted all the verses i posted earlier!

1.fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (deuteronomy 24:16).

2.everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (jeremiah 31:30).

4.yet you may ask, ‘why shouldn’t the son bear the iniquity of his father?’ since the son has done what is just and right, carefully observing all my statutes, he will surely live. 20the soul who sins is the one who will die. a son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. the righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21but if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all my statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.…
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2021
femi4:
Illiterate
The "death" isn't physical death but a spiritual one

Literate Ignoramus!
Did Jesus die a spiritual death too or a physical one?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2021
freeborn02:

You claim you know the Bible, but your question indicates you are just an empty barrel making incorrigible noise.

Keep on searching, dear enemy of Christians, you will find the answer you seek in the same Bible. I will not save you from your ignorance

Always attacking the messenger when he has no clue to the message!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by femi4: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Literate Ignoramus!
Did Jesus die a spiritual death too or a physical one?
Even after 24hrs, you still couldn't figure out your inadequacies...smh
Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

Always attacking the messenger when he has no clue to the message!

Oga shut up. Knowledge of the Quran had successfully made me a better Christian
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
freeborn02:

Oga shut up. Knowledge of the Quran had successfully made me a better Christian

You too shut up!
In fact, take the shut up home!

And the knowledge of Christianity made me know that many Homo sapiens can be stupid, incredulous and believe the incredible!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
Did Jesus had to die because he was a sinner?

All man will be punished only for their sins.

So only the sinner will be punished and no one dies for anyone.

Yes fathers cannot be punished for the children's sin neither should the children be punished for the father's sin but God instituted a sacrificial system in which animals could take up the sins of people.

Jesus came as a sacrificial lamb to take away out sins.
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus had many identities in the bible so he could take up multiple functions in line with the father's will.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2022
Steep:

Yes fathers cannot be punished for the children's sin neither should the children be punished for the father's sin but God instituted a sacrificial system in which animals could take up the sins of people.

Jesus came as a sacrificial lamb to take away out sins.
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus had many identities in the bible so he could take up multiple functions in line with the father's will.

So God upgraded from animal sin redemption ritual to human rituals!

When God can just forgive sins without any blood!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Begins Multi-billion Naira Church Project / I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church / Sign Fireman Storms Liberia With A Rain Of Miracles And Salvation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.