Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,623 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:43 PM

The Wages Of Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wages Of Sin (4076 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / The Wages Of Sin Is Not Eternal Torment 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

So God upgraded from animal sin redemption ritual to human rituals!

When God can just forgive sins without any blood!
Not human ritual, rather Jesus took the punishment that is laid on sinners.

There is no forgiveness without shedding of blood. God's justice cannot be bypassed.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
Steep:
Not human ritual, rather Jesus took the punishment that is laid on sinners.

There is no forgiveness without shedding of blood. God's justice cannot be bypassed.

When Jesus wanted to heal that man and said his sins were forgiven, where was blood shed?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

You too shut up!
In fact, take the shut up home!

And the knowledge of Christianity made me know that many Homo sapiens can be stupid, incredulous and believe the incredible!

Yeah, reading the Bible can reveal the lies and shame of your life to you.

The quran called Jesus Kalimatullah, meaning Jesus is the Word of God. Can you separate God and His Word?

Jesus and God are One!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

When Jesus wanted to heal that man and said his sins were forgiven, where was blood shed?
Jesus blood accounted for the man too.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Dec 24, 2022
Steep:
Jesus blood accounted for the man too.

Which Bible verse proves this assertion of yours?

No blood was mentioned in that verses. You better don't spread falsehood by trying to be relevant!

No Christian believes Jesus died for that man he said was forgiven!

Even the thief that he talked to.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Dec 24, 2022
freeborn02:

Yeah, reading the Bible can reveal the lies and shame of your life to you.
The Bible is a lie in itself as it was compiled by men. How many books does your own Bible have? Do you believe in the apocrypha?

The quran called Jesus Kalimatullah, meaning Jesus is the Word of God. Can you separate God and His Word?

Jesus and God are One!

The Injeel, Torah and Qu'ran are words of Allah too.

Are they one with him too?

Is Jesus same as those books?

May Allah guide you and grant you insight!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which Bible verse proves this assertion of yours?

No blood was mentioned in that verses. You better don't spread falsehood by trying to be relevant!

No Christian believes Jesus died for that man he said was forgiven!

Even the thief that he talked to.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus christ didn't die for only Christians but also for non Christian even you.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2022
Steep:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus christ didn't die for only Christians but also for non Christian even you.

Stop the diversion.
1. Jesus didn't know anyone as Christian or non-christians but gentiles and Israelites aka dogs and masters!

2. Which verse states that Jesus died for that man he forgave?

3. Did the man believe Jesus as God became man?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Stop the diversion.
1. Jesus didn't know anyone as Christian or non-christians but gentiles and Israelites aka dogs and masters!

Jesus never called Israelites masters,Jesus calling gentiles dogs is parable, in Israel dogs are often kept outside the house while children are inside the house, those who are in covenant with God are called children and those outside are called dogs.

The word Christian means christlike or those who belong to those who follow christ, it was a word coined in Antioch.

2. Which verse states that Jesus died for that man he forgave?
I have showed you the verse that stated that christ die for the whole world.

3. Did the man believe Jesus as God became man?
For the man to accept forgiveness from Jesus already know that Jesus is no mare man.

A typical jew cannot accept forgiveness of sin from a mare man.

Mark 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
Steep:

Jesus never called Israelites masters,Jesus calling gentiles dogs is parable, in Israel dogs are often kept outside the house while children are inside the house, those who are in covenant with God are called children and those outside are called dogs.
He never called Israelites masters but used it as a parable that he was sent only to them. The parable is clear! You even proved your own form of God is partial, unfair and biased.

The word Christian means christlike or those who belong to those who follow christ, it was a word coined in Antioch.
Where was Jesus involved in the naming and making of Christianity?

I have showed you the verse that stated that christ die for the whole world.
Jesus told that woman he was sent to Israelites the master and he's not willing to attend to her as she's dogs! This means Jesus's world is Israel not the world entirely!
Jesus Christ can't change his word like a chameleon! The same today yesterday and forever!

For the man to accept forgiveness from Jesus already know that Jesus is no mare man.
Quote the verse where he accepted Jesus as Lord and personal savior? Show where he believed Jesus would die for his sins? Show where he believed Jesus was God?
[quote
A typical jew cannot accept forgiveness of sin from a mare man.[/quote]
Yeah, what of from a Prophet?

Mark 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
But did Jesus claim he was God?
He was purposely making people misunderstand him so that they won't be saved!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
He never called Israelites masters but used it as a parable that he was sent only to them. The parable is clear! You even proved your own form of God is partial, unfair and biased.
No it proves God is a God of covenant. God is not partial no nation on earth ever call on God God chooses Israel and through Israel save the world.

Where was Jesus involved in the naming and making of Christianity?
Jesus does not need to name Christianity. Jesus is the author and finisher of Christianity.

Jesus told that woman he was sent to Israelites the master and he's not willing to attend to her as she's dogs! This means Jesus's world is Israel not the world entirely!
Jesus Christ can't change his word like a chameleon! The same today yesterday and forever!
Jesus attended to her also meaning the gentiles are part of God's plan.

These verses proves that Jesus christ is for all both Jews and gentiles.
Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Matthew 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Luke 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Quote the verse where he accepted Jesus as Lord and personal savior? Show where he believed Jesus would die for his sins? Show where he believed Jesus was God?
For the man to accept Forgiveness from Jesus it means he accepted Jesus as his saviour which is a matter of the heart and also he knew the law that without the shedding of blood there is no Forgiveness meaning he believe that christ fulfill the law. Unlike the pharisees who did not believe Jesus can forgive sins because only God can which means this man believe Jesus can because he is the Son of God.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Steep:
No it proves God is a God of covenant. God is not partial no nation on earth ever call on God God chooses Israel and through Israel save the world.

God had a covenant with only Israel!
Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel!
How is that fair?
Where's God in Israel now?

Jesus does not need to name Christianity. Jesus is the author and finisher of Christianity.
How? Where did he author it? Paul authored and finished it not Jesus!

Jesus attended to her also meaning the gentiles are part of God's plan.

These verses proves that Jesus christ is for all both Jews and gentiles.
Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Matthew 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Luke 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
Gentiles are worth only the crumbs that comes from the Jewish Israelites table! Jesus was not a servant!

For the man to accept Forgiveness from Jesus it means he accepted Jesus as his saviour which is a matter of the heart and also he knew the law that without the shedding of blood there is no Forgiveness meaning he believe that christ fulfill the law. Unlike the pharisees who did not believe Jesus can forgive sins because only God can which means this man believe Jesus can because he is the Son of God.

All these are your ideas unrelated to the Bible! Jesus died later after he said his sins are forgiven!

Where's the blood shed for the man?

Blood must be shed before your God forgive sin.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
AntiChristian:
The Bible is a lie in itself as it was compiled by men. How many books does your own Bible have? Do you believe in the apocrypha?

Lolz. How can you prove that the Quran is not a book of lies and deception? You have no proof.

The quran was written by human beings too. Kettle calling pot black. There is even confusion among Muslims on who really wrote the Quran between Zayd ibn Thabit and Ali ibn Abi Talib.
We know that Mohammed was a stark illiterate.

The Injeel, Torah and Qu'ran are words of Allah too.

Are they one with him too?

Is Jesus same as those books?

The quran called Jesus the Word of God. Can you separate someone from his Word? Or are you saying the Quran is a book of confusion?

May Allah guide you and grant you insight!

Show us evidence that the Quran represents truth.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
freeborn02:

Lolz. How can you prove that the Quran is not a book of lies and deception? You have no proof.

The quran was written by human beings too. Kettle calling pot black. There is even confusion among Muslims on who really wrote the Quran between Zayd ibn Thabit and Ali ibn Abi Talib.
We know that Mohammed was a stark illiterate.
First and foremost, i won't abuse your Jesus anyways! Jesus was learned!

And we are different from you in that the Qu'ran is still being memorized as it was during the time of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam.

How many Christians ever learnt the Bible in its original language by heart?

I doubt if one person exist yet!

Calling someone illiterate shows how uncouth you are? What does illeteracu mean? Which Bible verse shows Jesus to be literate?

The quran called Jesus the Word of God. Can you separate someone from his Word? Or are you saying the Quran is a book of confusion?
The Qu'ran called Jesus word of God!
Injeel and Torah too were called word of God!

Everything exist by the word of Allah!

Show us evidence that the Quran represents truth.

You need to check it out yourself!
Seeing is believing!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Steep(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

God had a covenant with only Israel!
Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel!
How is that fair?
Where's God in Israel now?
you are contradicting yourself, why would Jesus even attend to the woman at all if the the gentiles was not included?

How? Where did he author it? Paul authored and finished it not Jesus!
Paul was not the author of Christianity but Jesus.

Gentiles are worth only the crumbs that comes from the Jewish Israelites table! Jesus was not a servant!

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

All these are your ideas unrelated to the Bible! Jesus died later after he said his sins are forgiven!
It does not matter if Jesus died later or before, the fact is he died for the sins of all man kind.

Where's the blood shed for the man?

Blood must be shed before your God forgive sin.
The blood shed was Jesus blood.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
AntiChristian:
First and foremost, i won't abuse your Jesus anyways! Jesus was learned!

Jesus is the Word of God, therefore, the source of knowledge. Abusing him does qnd means nothing. He is the Prince of Peace and not a blood sucking murderer like Mohammed. You can abuse him for all you want;it doesn't matter.

And we are different from you in that the Qu'ran is still being memorized as it was during the time of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam.

Who memorizing help? The issue is about authenticity. What gives you the impression that the Quran is not a compilation of lies? How are you sure you haven't been memorizing lies?

How many Christians ever learnt the Bible in its original language by heart? I doubt if one person exist yet!

Is that why you are against Christians? Because they don't learn Hebrew or Aramaic?! grin. What a dumb reason to oppose a religion. Veru dumb daft reason. It isn't about memorizing. It's about authenticity of what you are memorizing.

Calling someone illiterate shows how uncouth you are? What does illeteracu mean? Which Bible verse shows Jesus to be literate?

Buroda ode, "illiterate" means somoene who can't read or write; simple! The fact that you dont know that simple meaning shows you are a half baked illiterate yourself.

The Qu'ran called Jesus word of God!
Injeel and Torah too were called word of God!

You reason like someone with deficient mental capacity. Injeel and Torah are books, not human beings. Tell me which other Islamic prophet was called The Word of God by the Quran.

Even injeel refers to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Everything exist by the word of Allah!

Where is your evidence that the quran came from Allah? I mean concrete evidence.

You need to check it out yourself!
Seeing is believing!

Are you indicating that you have no evidence?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
freeborn02:

Jesus is the Word of God, therefore, the source of knowledge. Abusing him does qnd means nothing. He is the Prince of Peace and not a blood sucking murderer like Mohammed. You can abuse him for all you want;it doesn't matter.
No, i am not illbred not uncouth like some Holy spirit filled Christians. Jesus the source of knowledge didn't know the hour when he was asked. That's one lie from you!

Prince of peace did kill when he was together with his father! He killed yesterday, today and will keep killing forever because he said he is the same yesterday , today and forever! That's your lie number two!

Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam was never known to have sucked any blood!

Who memorizing help? The issue is about authenticity. What gives you the impression that the Quran is not a compilation of lies? How are you sure you haven't been memorizing lies?
This is the test. Your Bible copyist made many errors which is why many Bible manuscript exists and no two manuscripts are exactly the same!

The tradition of Islam is being memorized and is still being memorized till now! Isn't that a proof?
How was the Bible preserved? Copied? Cannonised? What are they apocrypha?

Is that why you are against Christians? Because they don't learn Hebrew or Aramaic?! grin. What a dumb reason to oppose a religion. Veru dumb daft reason. It isn't about memorizing. It's about authenticity of what you are memorizing.
Where did i mention that I was against Christian because of anything? Your IQ seems low here!

Buroda ode, "illiterate" means somoene who can't read or write; simple! The fact that you dont know that simple meaning shows you are a half baked illiterate yourself.
It seems you are arrogant just like that advocate guy! Probably one of his other moniker. Why are you all Christians abusive despite having holy spirit like this?
May we never be afflicted by what has afflicted you guy?

You reason like someone with deficient mental capacity. Injeel and Torah are books, not human beings. Tell me which other Islamic prophet was called The Word of God by the Quran.

Even injeel refers to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
No wonder the biblical Jesus called the gentiles dog and Peter Satan! You are truly an abusive Christian!
Anyways, the Qu'ran, Torah and Injeel are words of Allah revealed to Muhammad, Moses and Jesus.

The same Qu'ran that called Jesus word of Allah called the Qu'ran and others word of Allah! So if Jesus is word of Allah, Qu'ran too is word of Allah!

Where is your evidence that the quran came from Allah? I mean concrete evidence.
Are you indicating that you have no evidence?

You pick whatever suits you in the Qu'ran and reject whatever you wish from the Qu'ran! That's the evidence that it's true!

Allah said Jesus is the word of Allah and you believed that!

Same Allah said the Qu'ran is his revelation and word too!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2022
Steep:
you are contradicting yourself, why would Jesus even attend to the woman at all if the the gentiles was not included?
Stop dilly-dallying! Jesus answered her because she had faith! The disciples told him to send her away when her disturbance was too much!

Paul was not the author of Christianity but Jesus.
The word Christian was mentioned as after Jesus! Jesus never knew Christianity as a religion on earth! He never attended church nor pray as you pray today!

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
How is God fair like this? Gentiles crumbs? Aba! You quoted a Matthew verse calling Jesus servant before! Now you said he's not a servant!

It does not matter if Jesus died later or before, the fact is he died for the sins of all man kind.

The blood shed was Jesus blood.

Which verse specifically shows Jesus died for those that came before his death!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 12:27am On Dec 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
No, i am not illbred not uncouth like some Holy spirit filled Christians. Jesus the source of knowledge didn't know the hour when he was asked. That's one lie from you!

Then you are saying your quran is rubbish for calling Jesus the Spirit of God. Ask yourself if thr Spirit of God can be limited in knowledge.

You aren't illbred; you are only ill-informed. Buroda ode.

Prince of peace did kill when he was together with his father! He killed yesterday, today and will keep killing forever because he said he is the same yesterday , today and forever! That's your lie number two!

Your quran called Jesus Holy. Are you saying your quran is a rubbish book for referring to a murderer (according to you) as a Holy person?[/quote]

Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam was never known to have sucked any blood!

How did Mohammed take over mecca? By appealing to the residents? grin
How did uthman dan fodio take over sokoto caliphate and borno? By preaching Islam peacefully, right? grin. You love to deceive yourself.

This is the test. Your Bible copyist made many errors which is why many Bible manuscript exists and no two manuscripts are exactly the same!

The copyists of quran from Mohammed have different copies. How can different copies of quran come from the same Mohammed? Are you sure your quran came from God or it's just the figment of imagination of Mohammed? grin

Can you explain why the copies of quran obtained from Mohammed by Zayd ibn Thabit and Ali ibn Abi Talib are different? Can you explain why sunni Muslims oppose Shia Muslims? Can you explain the division in Islam and the compilation of abridged quran you are carrying about today?

The tradition of Islam is being memorized and is still being memorized till now! Isn't that a proof?
How was the Bible preserved? Copied? Cannonised? What are they apocrypha?

Yorubas will say "Oro okeere, bi ko ba le'kan, a din'kan. grin. Your quran is oro okeere. grin. Even the original copies from Mohammed are riddled with confusion and division. grin. So, those who memorized the Quran, which version of the "oro okeere" were they memorizing? grin

Where did i mention that I was against Christian because of anything? Your IQ seems low here!

Like i said earlier, you are ill informed. You keep on displaying hakf baked education all day. First, you are too daft to know the meaning of "illiterate". Second, you don't even know the meaning of "AntiChristian". Chai. Bobo yi, o daft. grin

It seems you are arrogant just like that advocate guy! Probably one of his other moniker. Why are you all Christians abusive despite having holy spirit like this?
May we never be afflicted by what has afflicted you guy?

Did the version of quran you have memorized teach you to call people low IQ? Does that sound like a praise to you? grin.

No wonder the biblical Jesus called the gentiles dog and Peter Satan! You are truly an abusive Christian!

Lolz. You just read the Bible vut still display shameful ignorance. grin. Zero understanding.

Anyways, the Qu'ran, Torah and Injeel are words of Allah revealed to Muhammad, Moses and Jesus.

Mention any other prophet in the Quran referred to as the Word of God aside from Jesus Christ. Of course you can't. grin. Your quran is a book of lies and confusion.

The same Qu'ran that called Jesus word of Allah called the Qu'ran and others word of Allah! So if Jesus is word of Allah, Qu'ran too is word of Allah!

When we expose the lies of you muslim apologists, you will start twisting words. grin. Oga, i ask you to mention any other prophet the Quran ever called the Word of God aside from Jesus Christ. Stop referring to books. Mention the prophet. grin

You pick whatever suits you in the Qu'ran and reject whatever you wish from the Qu'ran! That's the evidence that it's true!

That's what you too do. You pick part of the Bible that suits you and ignore the part you don't like. Now that we are paying you back in your own coin, you are trying to accuse us of what you always do. grin

Allah said Jesus is the word of Allah and you believed that!

Same Allah said the Qu'ran is his revelation and word too!

Read quran 3:39 and Qu'ran 3:45.

Jesus is the Word of Allah. No other
prophet in the Quran was ever called that name.

Read Surah 4:171.

Jesus is the Spirit of Allah. grin

The truth is open now. You can't deceive people anymore with your well crafted lies against Christianity. grin
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On Feb 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
Did Jesus had to die because he was a sinner? All man will be punished only for their sins.
1.fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin. (deuteronomy 24:16).
2.everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (jeremiah 31:30).
3.the one who sins is the one who will die. (ezekiel 18:4).
4.yet you may ask, ‘why shouldn’t the son bear the iniquity of his father?’ since the son has done what is just and right, carefully observing all my statutes, he will surely live. 20the soul who sins is the one who will die. a son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. the righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21but if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all my statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.…ezekiel 18:19-21
So only the sinner will be punished and no one dies for anyone
Jesus Christ was not punished for the sins of others. No, He did it in order that He could then take away the sins of the people. How? I will explain much later but first, let's consider what it was Jesus Christ did through His death.

Imagine a person's sin debt as you would a loan one is expected to pay off or face the penalty which according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses is Death - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. As you rightly pointed out, the one who sins must die - that is the Law according to God, and that remains the Law even to this day. That decree has never once changed. What Jesus Christ did by His death on the cross was to obtain the rights to offer what would amount to a loan refinancing plan — God's New agreement and Covenant in the Kingdom of Priests —to the Old Covenant Law of Moses defaulters aka sinners of the world.
■Defaulting on a loan happens when you miss payments for a specified period of time. When a loan defaults, it’s sent to a debt collection agency whose job is to collect the unpaid funds from you.
■A loan default can drastically reduce your credit score, impact your future eligibility for credit and even lead to the lender seizing your personal property. If you struggle to make regular payments, contact your loan servicer to discuss options, such as creating a manageable payment plan.https://www.valuepenguin.com/loans/what-does-it-mean-to-default-on-a-loan
If you are conversant with the Old Law, you would note that it is impossible for one who has been declared to be in default of the Old Law to be redeemed through the following of the Old Law. Anyone cursed by the Law is destined to be destroyed by the curse — no redemption, only Death awaits such a one - Deuteronomy 20 vs 15 - 68. So, God sent His new agreement, to offer those who have defaulted His Old Law, a second chance at redemption. God never promised He would automagically wipe their slates clean by it. Instead, He offered to allow them by it a chance to stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, and to bring the goodness that continues forever as indicated in the prophecy that was given to Daniel in Daniel 9 vs 24. undecided
Refinancing is a process homeowners go through to change the interest rate and/or terms of their current mortgage. In essence, refinancing is changing aspects of your mortgage. Refinancing is not taking out a second or additional mortgage, such as a home equity loan or home equity line of credit.https://www.usbank.com/financialiq/manage-your-household/home-ownership/what-is-refinancing-a-mortgage.html
Via the New plan, Jesus Christ took away the penalty of Death and replaced it with eternal damnation as the consequence of not paying off one's sin debt. Rather than automagically clear their sin debt —a lie which many deluded religious folks believe —, however, Jesus Christ instead provided for the sinners a path to paying off their sin debt under the New Law as explained in John 8 vs 31 - 36. Sin, after all, is disobedience of God's commandments, and as such, it is only through careful obedience to God's Law and Truth that one is then able to pay off one's sin debt to God. So, it is by knowing the Truth — Jesus Christ, that one is then eventually set free from one's sin debt — slavery to sin — and restored into God's graces afterward. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Feb 23, 2023
Yankiss:
Anti Christian, Please read the bible to the end. Read John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Read to the end of the bible and free yourself from ignorance and eternal damnation.
That verse says nothing of God automagically clearing the sin-debts one comes with by Jesus Christ though. Also, according to Jesus Christ, it is only those who are born-again that can gain access to the Kingdom of God, the eternal Kingdom where even eternal damnation will be served to those who fail to pay off their sin debt before the end comes upon them. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Feb 23, 2023
God1000:
Death of course, so many Nigerians won't make heaven because of their misdemeanors wittingly and unwittingly.
99.9% of Nigerians both Christians and Muslims are sinners
Wrong! It is only those under God's Law that are sinners in the sight of God. 99% of Nigerians are not israelites so they cannot be sinners under God's Law, either Jesus Christ or the old Law. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Feb 23, 2023
drezzyx:
Sometimes i wonder why same sinners live longer than the righteous one .
Have you ever in fact met an actual righteous man in your lifetime? undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Feb 23, 2023
femi4:
Illiterate
The "death" isn't physical death but a spiritual one
I am afraid you are wrong! Death is explained in Genesis 3 vs 19 to mean from dust you were made and to dust, you shall return. There is nothing spiritual about that as it means one is reduced to the elements of physical elements of this world after one dies aka perishes in the grave. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Feb 23, 2023
LilBlaze24o:
■“The wages sin pays is death,” says the Bible at Romans 6:23. This means that death is the consequence of sin. Adam sinned, so he died. Likewise, we sin and are therefore subject to sin’s wages, death. But we were born in this sinful condition through no fault of our own. So God lovingly sent his Son, Jesus, to accept ‘the wages of sin’ for us. How does this work?
■ Since one man, the perfect man Adam, brought sin and death on us through disobedience, a perfect man obedient even till death was needed to release us from that burden. The Bible explains it this way: “Just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one person many will be made righteous.” (Romans 5:19) Jesus was that “one person.” He left heaven, became a perfect man, and died in our behalf. As a result, it is possible for us to have a righteous standing with God and gain the prospect of endless life.
1. Accept the wages of sin is Death - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - which is explained in Genesis 3 vs 19 as "from dust you were made and to dust you shall return". Jesus Christ died, yes, but He did not perish in the grave and that could only mean one thing which is that Jesus Christ did not really accept the wages of sin on our behalf as you claim. Also, what you claim is not according to any of that which is written by the way. undecided

2. Adam perished in the grave — he was returned to the dust from which he was created by God — this according to God's judgment against him for his sin. That much we know. Jesus Christ, however, did not perish in the grave. He died a righteous man with a curse on Him — He hung on a tree to die— and was able to overcome the curse, so he did not perish at all. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Feb 23, 2023
ButterBurger:
Since we have religious doctrines and government constitutions.
Then what is sin and what is crime. Because e different o.
Sin is defined as direct disobedience of God's teachings and commandments as stated in God's very own Law to the citizens of His Nation — God's Israel or God's Kingdom of Priests. undecided

Your criminal justice systems define for you what crime is according to the laws of men and have nothing to do with God or that which pertains to God. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Feb 23, 2023
seunmsg:
Saved from what?
According to Jesus Christ, those who are given salvation by Him are saved from the condemnation of sin which is death, the imminent punishment for all defaulters of God's Old Covenant Law of Moses — the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel — John 3 vs 16. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Feb 23, 2023
Danmisra:
■ This verse is very foundation of christianity remove it and Christianity will have no base on which to stand upon. We kept asking why God, who is so forgiven, merciful, kind, and full of love cannot not just forgive mankind in general rather than killed his or sacrifice his beloved son to save humanity. Is not forgiven simpler than hurting yourself before forgiven. Here there is no any christian in the whole world that can convince you logically that this is right.
■This is why christianity is illogical and cannot be compare to Islam or jeudaism and win any argument.
■ This no any person that will study bible and uses his sense to judge the Bible and christian doctrine and remain a christain, unless he takes Christianity as a business or cannot stand for himself(independence) and is scared of his parent or relative or is doing it deliberately to misguide his own fellow christians for money.
1. I am sorry, what? God wants to harvest for Himself Sons of God from amongst His creation, Sons who will obey His Law and abide by His Will of their days. Yet, you expect God to, rather than stand on His Law to men, bend His Law instead to appease men in their sins against Him? WOW... I guess you would rather God change His mind everytime men sin against Him and also resort to being a liar as a result then. undecided

2. The reason why Christianity seems illogical to you probably has a lot to do with your refusal to accept the fact that God is God and should not have to bend to His Will and Law to appease men. He expects His creation to rise to the standard that He has created, not the other way around. undecided

3.We don't all think as you do! undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Feb 23, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Hmmm, is not a physical death we are talking about here.... remember also that upon your death , you shall give account of your works on Earth as you didn't create yourself , someone brought you to earth for a purpose but the decision and determination to hear from the person lies on you .......
Don't be decived, death is not the end of a man.
Death as described in Genesis 3 vs 19 is a physical death. There is no "spiritual" element to it. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:25am On Feb 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ So God upgraded from animal sin redemption ritual to human rituals!
■ When God can just forgive sins without any blood!
1. Why must there be an upgrade from animal sin redemption? God never offered Jesus Christ as an upgrade of the sort. undecided

2. God can forgive sins without blood. And that is what He does in Jesus Christ, forgive the sins of those who chose to obey His teachings and commandments rather than continue on a path of disobedience as was the case before they accepted Jesus Christ. undecided

The blood of Jesus Christ, the Passover lamb —Exodus 12 —, specially marks those who have been set apart by God for His special Kingdom of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6. The blood of the Passover Lamb does not purge sins. Rather, the blood,-‐- and flesh ---- provide a path onto Salvation and the forgiveness of sins - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 — by God Himself, a path which was not previously made available by God for His purpose in His Old Law to those cursed under the Law aka Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
AntiChristian:
God has never really required the shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sins.
17 “So now, Lord, show your strength! Show it the way you said you would.
18 You said, ‘The Lord is slow to become angry. He is full of great love. He forgives those who are guilty and break the law. But he always punishes those who are guilty. He punishes them, and he also punishes their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren for those bad things.’
19 Now, show your great love to these people. Forgive their sin. Forgive them the same way you have been forgiving them since the time they left Egypt until now.”
20 The Lord answered, “Yes, I will forgive the people as you asked.
21 But I tell you the truth. As surely as I live and as surely as the Glory of the Lord fills the whole earth, I make you this promise:
22 None of the people I led out of Egypt will ever see the land of Canaan. They saw my glory and the great signs that I did in Egypt and in the desert. But they disobeyed me and tested me ten times.
23 I promised their ancestors that I would give them that land. But none of those people who turned against me will ever enter that land! - Numbers 14 vs 17 - 23
But God's mandate is obedience to His teachings and commandments - His Law. So when Jesus Christ forgave man His sins, He did so because as He explained, His Father is able to forgive those who are guilty of sin. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT '' THANKING GOD HEALS '' / I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... / Shocking News: The Ex-muslim Priest Said That ”all Muslim Must Change To Christi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.