Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

What's The Essence Of Theism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Theism? (1062 Views)

The Problem With Metaphorical Theism... / Poisonous Version Of Theism / Which Is The Default Position? Atheism Or Theism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Theists consider theism as a solution to problems.

But the problems remain in the presence of theism.

What's the essence of theism?

Dtruthspeaker,TenQ, every other theist on Earth.
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Dtruthspeaker,TenQ, every other theist on Earth

grin Simple! When your car, phone house has a problem, Who is the proper person to take them to for resolution?

Surely you do not take your car to the plumber or your phone to the carpenter or your house to the surgeon.

You take them to Their Creatoors!

Thus, God, The Mighty Creator, is the Only One Who Can solve and resolve the problems experienced by our living in this our Box called world.

So exactly like our Computer Box, He is the One Who has the equipment and spare parts or secret codes which can be imputed for solving all our problems.

Exactly as a Camry can not live without regular maintenance from its creator, the Toyota Company.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by TenQ: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Dtruthspeaker,TenQ, every other theist on Earth.

I can't speak for every THEIST as we have no common ground.

As a Christian however I can tell you that (it doesn't matter if you know, disbelive, reject or lack a belief)
1. God created the universe for Himself as a kind of garden
2. Of all creatures God made, he made humans as chief
3. The earth is an examination field where humans choose either to be subject in love to their Creator or choose to be independent.
4. Unfortunately all of us including Christians are corrupted by the virus of sin the lead to disconnection from God
5. God gave a second chance for us through the shedding of blood as an atonement for our sin.
6. My obligation is to accept God's solution for my justification with thanksgiving and appreciation for His GIFT of eternal life with Him
7. My duty thus consist of
a. Loving others as myself
b. Preaching of God's love and gift so that others can receive God's free GIFT of salvation
c. Serving Believers with my Spiritual Gifts and Talents so that all can grow up in Faith, Purity and Knowledge to serve God through the brethren. My duty is to be done in Love, Purity and Sincerity
8. At the end of our examination, I will be graded according to how faithfully I have done my duty in making my neighbor blessed.
I will also live the rest of my eternity with the Creator as a Son!

This is a summary!
I am willing to entertain any questions
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Simple! When your car, phone house has a problem, Who is the proper person to take them to for resolution?

Surely you do not take your car to the plumber or your phone to the carpenter or your house to the surgeon.

Thus, God, The Mighty Creator, is the Only One Who Can solve and resolve the problems experienced by our living in this our Box called world.

So exactly like our Computer Box, He is the One Who has the equipment and spare parts or secret codes which can be imputed for solving all our problems.

Exactly as a Camry can not live without regular maintenance from its creator, the Toyota Company.

There's no reason why God shouldn't have solved my problems if he exists
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
TenQ:

I can't speak for every THEIST as we have no common ground.

As a Christian however I can tell you that (it doesn't matter if you know, disbelive, reject or lack a belief)
1. God created the universe for Himself as a kind of garden
2. Of all creatures God made, he made humans as chief
3. The earth is an examination field where humans choose either to be subject in love to their Creator or choose to be independent.
4. Unfortunately all of us including Christians are corrupted by the virus of sin the lead to disconnection from God
5. God gave a second chance for us through the shedding of blood as an atonement for our sin.
6. My obligation is to accept God's solution for my justification with thanksgiving and appreciation for His GIFT of eternal life with Him
7. My duty thus consist of
a. Loving others as myself
b. Preaching of God's love and gift so that others can receive God's free GIFT of salvation
c. Serving Believers with my Spiritual Gifts and Talents so that all can grow up in Faith, Purity and Knowledge to serve God through the brethren. My duty is to be done in Love, Purity and Sincerity
8. At the end of our examination, I will be graded according to how faithfully I have done my duty in making my neighbor blessed.
I will also live the rest of my eternity with the Creator as a Son!

This is a summary!
I am willing to entertain any questions

9.Why am I passing through devastating problems?
Is it until I die or lose my brother or my mind before God shows up?

Don't tell me I don't want God to show up for good!

I am not happy to say no caring God can exist.... I wish it were possible.
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by TenQ: 12:00am On Dec 20, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

9.Why am I passing through devastating problems?
Is it until I die or lose my brother or my mind before God shows up?

Don't tell me I don't want God to show up for good!

I am not happy to say no caring God can exist.... I wish it were possible.
Anyone who's tells you that the purpose of Christianity is to solve your problems is lying.

Christians are "cloud of witnesses". What it means is that Christians are represented in every good and every calamity that could befall human beings.
That is:
-You will have Rich as well as extremely Poor Christians
-You will have Healthy as well as extremely Unhealthy Christians
-You will have Educated as well as extremely Uneducated Christians
-You will have Loved as well as extremely Hated Christians
etc.

True Christians are witnesses to the world against every situation that could befall human beings.

A Christian knows that every situation he finds himself is part of the Examination set before him.

We live in a fallen world. Until we leave this world, the positivity and the negativity of the earth will befall us all.

Of course, there are battles a Christian can fight and win: if his problem is demonic in nature.
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2021
TenQ:

Anyone who's tells you that the purpose of Christianity is to solve your problems is lying.

Christians are "cloud of witnesses". What it means is that Christians are represented in every good and every calamity that could befall human beings.
That is:
-You will have Rich as well as extremely Poor Christians
-You will have Healthy as well as extremely Unhealthy Christians
-You will have Educated as well as extremely Uneducated Christians
-You will have Loved as well as extremely Hated Christians
etc.

True Christians are witnesses to the world against every situation that could befall human beings.

A Christian knows that every situation he finds himself is part of the Examination set before him.

We live in a fallen world. Until we leave this world, the positivity and the negativity of the earth will befall us all.

Of course, there are battles a Christian can fight and win: if his problem is demonic in nature.

Every rich Christian says their faith in God is necessary for their wealth to remain
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by TenQ: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Every rich Christian says their faith in God is necessary for their wealth to remain
No sir.

People may ascribe their wealth to their being hardworking or dutiful or prayerful or to their dedication, but no. It's just their exam to be passed!

How would they use the opportunity given to to them in blessing their neighbors. Would their wealth, beauty, strength, intellect and gifts be a temptation for arrogance and lack of compassion? Would the wealth cause them to be more faithful or not. They are also part of the cloud of witnesses.

A true Christian will work hard to be rich and do everything necessary in a positive sense to be comfortable. He would also pray for his comfort BUT whether God blesses him or NOT is not a yardstick to change his loyalty to God.

These above is the plain truth
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
TenQ:

No sir.

People may ascribe their wealth to their being hardworking or dutiful or prayerful or to their dedication, but no. It's just their exam to be passed!

How would they use the opportunity given to to them in blessing their neighbors. Would their wealth, beauty, strength, intellect and gifts be a temptation for arrogance and lack of compassion? Would the wealth cause them to be more faithful or not. They are also part of the cloud of witnesses.

A true Christian will work hard to be rich and do everything necessary in a positive sense to be comfortable. He would also pray for his comfort BUT whether God blesses him or NOT is not a yardstick to change his loyalty to God.

These above is the plain truth

This has nothing to do with what I said.
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Though i hate that word THEISM but if you're talking about believers then i will tell you the essence of REAL FAITH! smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by TenQ: 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

This has nothing to do with what I said.
You said some Christians attributes there wealth and success to their faithfulness to God. I said NO!

I then explained the real deal!
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Though i hate that word THEISM but if you're talking about believers then i will tell you the essence of REAL FAITH! smiley

Say it
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2021
TenQ:

You said some Christians attributes there wealth and success to their faithfulness to God. I said NO!

I then explained the real deal!

Are you meant to speak for people you have not studied?

Even you consider your faith necessary

If you see faith as useless,then your head won't retain it.
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Say it
God supposed to be mankind's ruler but the first human pair chose to be independent from their rightful owner and King rather they want to rule over others. God permitted the new development for mankind to learn from experience, hence this condition we find ourselves today.
Worship is what God later introduced to gather wise individuals who have learned their lessons from the present condition so they can be trained ahead of the system God intended from the beginning.
So back to your question:

What is the essence of faith in God?
Faith is the only arrangement to make people of all kinds reason together to envision what life will be if all humans surrender to God's government.
All those having true faith from different races will assemble under one umbrella to settle all their racial disparities, blunders, misconceptions and other subjects leading to misunderstanding. They will use God's word as authority to guide their thinking faculty so that they can divert all their resources into production of food and information materials, there will be no more reasons to train to kill one another and finally they will destroy all weapons of war! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is the essence of FAITH so if you're seeing people involving in politics or military services remember what God said in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 repeated at Micah 4:1-3
Because such individuals have nothing to do with FAITH! smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God supposed to be mankind's ruler but the first human pair chose to be independent from their rightful owner and King rather they want to rule over others. God permitted the new development for mankind to learn from experience, hence this condition we find ourselves today.
Worship is what God later introduced to gather wise individuals who have learned their lessons from the present condition so they can be trained ahead of the system God intended from the beginning.

Faith is the only arrangement to make people of all kinds reason together to envision what life will be if all humans surrender to God's government.
All those having true faith from different races will assemble under one umbrella to settle all their racial disparities, blunders, misconceptions and other subjects leading to misunderstanding. They will use God's word as authority to guide their thinking faculty so that they can divert all their resources into production of food and information materials, there will be no more reasons to train to kill one another and finally they will destroy all weapons of war! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is the essence of FAITH so if you're seeing people involving in politics or military services remember what God said in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 repeated at Micah 4:1-3

How can faith in God be an arrangement

I am not speaking of an arrangement.

I am speaking of the belief!

Even some if not all rapists of babies and ritual or serial killers believe in God!

You have sworn never to assist anyone except Jehovah witness members in your street but you're preaching XYZ!

You're being partial..... I have not learnt anything nice from you..... You have only taught me to be heartless......Most or almost all of the people I have met on Nairaland have shown me several forms of wickedness!

I don't mind destroying anything that I want to destroy since I have been trained to be terrible!

Who says I feel entitled to your problems?

When did I say you owe me anything except your head when I want it smashed?

To hell with sanity!

We're into more than madness!!!!

Spits!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by AntiChristian: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

All those having true faith from different races will assemble under one umbrella to settle all their racial disparities, blunders,
misconceptions and other subjects leading to misunderstanding. They will use God's word as authority to guide their thinking faculty so that they can divert all their resources into production of food and information materials, there will be no more reasons to train to kill one another and finally they will destroy all weapons of war! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

You don bring your lies here again!

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

How can faith in God be an arrangement
I am not speaking of an arrangement.
I am speaking of the belief!
Even some if not all rapists of babies and ritual or serial killers believe in God!
You have sworn never to assist anyone except Jehovah witness members in your street but you're preaching XYZ!
You're being partial..... I have not learnt anything nice from you..... You have only taught me to be heartless......Most or almost all of the people I have met on Nairaland have shown me several forms of wickedness!
I don't mind destroying anything that I want to destroy since I have been trained to be terrible!
Who says I feel entitled to your problems?
When did I say you owe me anything except your head when I want it smashed?
To hell with sanity!
We're into more than madness!!!!
Spits!!!!

I'm not here for beggars, you asked a question relating to what i know, i asked if I can answer and you said:

HellVictorinho3:

Say it

So don't ever expect a penny from me because that's not why i'm here, if you know you don't want answers to your questions but philanthropists who will dash you money then you shouldn't have asked me to answer! smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

The question is for all those claiming believers in God, so this is an ample opportunity for you to present your faith instead of going about saying nonsense and ingredients against other people's religion! smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not here for beggars, you asked a question relating to what i know, i asked if I can answer and you said:

So don't ever expect a penny from me because that's not why i'm here, if you know you don't want answers to your questions but philanthropists who will dash you money then you shouldn't have asked me to answer! smiley

This doesn't make your faith amazing.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

He's too short-sighted to see certain things.

I wonder if his money reduces his vision.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Is this how they answer questions in your village
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

This doesn't make your faith amazing.

Your PERSONAL opinion! smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

He's too short-sighted to see certain things.
I wonder if his money reduces his vision.
Why deceiving yourself?
Instead of you to grab the opportunity as you have a person whose religion says he must give you money anytime you ask in the name of his god (Allah) you're dulling yourself talking about Maximus whose God condemns begging! cheesy
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Why deceiving yourself?
Instead of you to grab the opportunity as you have a person whose religion says he must give you money anytime you ask in the name of his god (Allah) you're dulling yourself talking about Maximus whose God condemns begging! cheesy

Is your God special?
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Your PERSONAL opinion! smiley

Your name is also your personal opinion, right??

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Your name is also your personal opinion, right??

If not i would have changed it nah?
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Is your God special?
Why do you think my God must be special?
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's of no use to mention your God to me as if he's special....... it's about the way you talk about your God .....who your God epp?
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If not i would have changed it nah?

Koleyewon
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

It's of no use to mention your God to me as if he's special....... it's about the way you talk about your God .....who your God epp?

He can only help those who search for Him with all their heart, he has nothing for common beggars! cheesy
Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
grin
HellVictorinho3:

Koleyewon

Re: What's The Essence Of Theism? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Tell your God say he dey waste your time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Describe Hell In Your Own Words / Which Is Correct?are D Good Fellows Inheriting Heaven Or Earth / Pls Read, It's Soul Lifting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.