Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. (815 Views)

Which Is Better And More Reliable, Peugeot 206 Or 301? / How Good Is Peugeot 206? / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. by nomaison(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
Good afternoon house. I own a peugeot 206 with 1.4 tu3 jp4 I.4 engine. The engine is emitting little white smoke and making a cranking sound. The engine still has its power and is not shorting engine oil.
My mechanic suggested that I ring the engine because of the little white smoke and the cracking sound from the engine.
I met a different peugeot mechanic who gave a contrary advice. He suggested checking the crankshaft and fixing it.
I met a third mechanic at kaduna who suggested I change the engine reason that new tu3 engines don't hold rings.
Over to the professionals in the house.
I intend to fix her before Christmas.
Re: Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. by Dozieson(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
nomaison:
Good afternoon house. I own a peugeot 206 with 1.4 tu3 jp4 I.4 engine. The engine is emitting little white smoke and making a cranking sound. The engine still has its power and is not shorting engine oil.
My mechanic suggested that I ring the engine because of the little white smoke and the cracking sound from the engine.
I met a different peugeot mechanic who gave a contrary advice. He suggested checking the crankshaft and fixing it.
I met a third mechanic at kaduna who suggested I change the engine reason that new tu3 engines don't hold rings.
Over to the professionals in the house.
I intend to fix her before Christmas.

Check the cost of buying a new one. Analyse the total cost of ringing plus back & forth there after. Make your choice
Re: Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. by nomaison(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2021
Thanks alot I will do just that.
Re: Ringing Peugeot 206 Or Buying A Belgium Engine. by musty489: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
The cost of spare parts these days is high and no guarantee of it being original, therefore, I will advise you replace the engine. Once it's not shorting oil at the moment, just cool down and prepare for another engine and always use original engine oil for service as many fake oil are in circulation.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Toyota Highlander / Auto Manufacturers, Give Us Cars That Can Fit Naija Situation!! / Are Nigerians The Highest Purchasers Of Hiace Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.