Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Web Development Or Data Analystics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development Or Data Analystics (2144 Views)

Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? / Career Advice - Mobile App Programming Or Data Science / Data Science Or Data Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Using Nigeria market as a pivot point, which has more market value and jobs are readily available? Let's assume I have equal strength at both.
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by airsaylongcome: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
If there's no passion, then forget about it. You won't succeed if money is the only driver. Sometimes, just the need to solve a problem without earning money forces you to learn the deeper stuff. I will illustrate with an example, I work as a VoIP engineer for a US employer. For years I messed about with VOIP in my house. Played with the system, made mistakes, watched YouTube vids and learned some more. All without a prospect of a local job let alone remote. Was on it on and off for 5years. When I had my interview, just that experience of doing it without earning was overwhelming proof that I had passion for the field. My starting pay blew my mind

And it is Data Analytics or Data Analyst not the Analystics you put up there. That already shows that you are not conversant with the field.

For Nigerian Market, Web Dev

3 Likes

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
airsaylongcome:
If there's no passion, then forget about it. You won't succeed if money is the only driver. Sometimes, just the need to solve a problem without earning money forces you to learn the deeper stuff. I will illustrate with an example, I work as a VoIP engineer for a US employer. For years I messed about with VOIP in my house. Played with the system, made mistakes, watched YouTube vids and learned some more. All without a prospect of a local job let alone remote. Was on it on and off for 5years. When I had my interview, just that experience of doing it without earning was overwhelming proof that I had passion for the field. My starting pay blew my mind

And it is Data Analytics or Data Analyst not the Analystics you put up there. That already shows that you are not conversant with the field.

Sir, thanks for the swift reply and that was a typo error. I have been doing my research on data analytics for some time now. I want someone to be real with me, especially a Nigerian. I'm tired of reading "your passion and strength" that's all I see on the internet. If someone comes to me ask me for advice on which is the best branch of engineering to study I will say Civil because you can be self-employed, next electrical from experience they are the most sort after in industries (looking at job advert) etc. There are people who have a passion for teaching but It doesn't pay the bills.

I am a mechanical engineer by profession which I haven't been so lucky, the main reason I am switching to IT is the prospect/money. Why are most Nigerians switching to nursing as soon as they get their feet on US soil, bros is the pay nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
Web development pays everywhere in the world not just Nigeria. If you want to go into data analysis or data science, you have to be ready for hunger for at least 3 to 5 years before the breakthrough comes.

3 Likes

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Web development pays everywhere in the world not just Nigeria. If you want to go into data analysis or data science, you have to be ready for hunger for at least 3 to 5 years before the breakthrough comes.

Thanks bro, I can actually learn any without problem. Passion doesn't pay the bill bro. People study medicine not because they love the profession, is the respect and there is a job readily available.

I studied mechanical engineering because I was good in maths and physics till now at no level.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
ambr055i:

Thanks bro, I can actually learn any without problem. Passion doesn't pay the bill bro. People study medicine not because they love the profession, is the respect and there is a job readily available.

I studied mechanical engineering because I was good in maths and physics till now at no level.
Same here I did marine engineering. Very useless course. All the money I have ever made from it is 150k. If you want to learn to code web development learn it. You don't need passion. You can always develop passion. The founder of chakra UI Studied mechanical engineering at unilag and that's one of the most loved tech tools out of Nigeria.
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Same here I did marine engineering. Very useless course. All the money I have ever made from it is 150k. If you want to learn to code web development learn it. You don't need passion. You can always develop passion. The founder of chakra UI Studied mechanical engineering at unilag and that's one of the most loved tech tools out of Nigeria.

Looking at DA you still have sort for employment, the real boss is Data Science but to get to that stage, you need at least a master degree in Data Science. I will be more compatible with DA but I feel there is little market for that profession now.

So are you into web development? I want to focus on backend, but there is a boot camp (full stack) starting by January by a white guy.
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
ambr055i:

Looking at DA you still have sort for employment, the real boss is Data Science but to get to that stage, you need at least a master degree in Data Science. I will be more compatible with DA but I feel there is little market for that profession now.

So are you into web development? I want to focus on backend, but there is a boot camp (full stack) starting by January by a white guy.
Yeah I am a web developer.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by Raalsalghul: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
ambr055i:
Using Nigeria market as a pivot point, which has more market value and jobs are readily available? Let's assume I have equal strength at both.

I like the fact that you considered your location so basis that, I would advise you go for Web Development.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I like the fact that you considered your location so basis that, I would advise you go for Web Development.

Thanks, I'm a realistic person.
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah I am a web developer.

How is it going for you?
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by Johnnyessence(m): 5:09am On Dec 24, 2021
The demand for web development especially front end aspect are of great demand in Nigeria and Africa as a whole unlike data scientists in Nigeria aren’t highly demanding. It’s very low in Nigeria. It’s better to have basic practical knowledge in Web development before venturing into python before you become backend developers. I’m on GUI already but by January, I will be switching to web design and web development too. For you to applied for LinkedIn jobs in Areas of python developers(which are practically data science aspects), you have to have basic practical knowledge of web development.

2 Likes

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by LikeAking: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
ambr055i:

Learn how to cOde first.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by LikeAking: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
ambr055i:

Sir, thanks for the swift reply and that was a typo error. I have been doing my research on data analytics for some time now. I want someone to be real with me, especially a Nigerian. I'm tired of reading "your passion and strength" that's all I see on the internet. If someone comes to me ask me for advice on which is the best branch of engineering to study I will say Civil because you can be self-employed, next electrical from experience they are the most sort after in industries (looking at job advert) etc. There are people who have a passion for teaching but It doesn't pay the bills.

I am a mechanical engineer by profession which I haven't been so lucky, the main reason I am switching to IT is the prospect/money. Why are most Nigerians switching to nursing as soon as they get their feet on US soil, bros is the pay nothing else.

in the computer world is diff. Is all about passion.

Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by ambr055i: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
[quote author=LikeAking post=108775881][/quote]

Money is the motivation bro. Irrespective of the profession.
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by abbccc(m): 4:23am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Please I need guidance on VoIP. I once worked for 2 years and stopped. Am ready to learn . I would like to either reach you via email or WhatsApp or any other means. Kindly reply to weeblyproductsales@gmail.com
Re: Web Development Or Data Analystics by airsaylongcome: 4:28am On Dec 25, 2021
abbccc:

Please I need guidance on VoIP. I once worked for 2 years and stopped. Am ready to learn . I would like to either reach you via email or WhatsApp or any other means. Kindly reply to weeblyproductsales@gmail.com

Go through my post history. You'd figure out how to reach me

(1) (Reply)

Java Or .NET Guru Needed In Abuja / Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness / What Are The Best Offshore Software Development Companies To Develop Customized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.