Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,213 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria (32792 Views)

Nigeria May Co-host 2025 Afcon With Benin – Pinnick / Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
osimhen dis osimhen DAT dis G don blow finish make una sampe am 3 mudu of To ri meh
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Caseless: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
The senseless lawyer hasn't acknowledged that there were more casualties in his super advanced Italy than they were in the whole of the African continent as regards covid-19.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by OSDD(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
cliqtips:
I keep asking myself.. Why can't CAF align their calendar with the rest of the world ?
They are just confusing the players though.

They don't develop the football in the continent and over 70 % of players that grace the Nations cup are from Euro which their season are in session already.

if the football in the country is well developed, players can equally ply their trades in Africa countries without going to Europe and good investors can also come in.

More of these countries can't even pay/treat these players if they have any serious injury during the tournament.

CAF is a reflection of Africa leaders (Politicians), they never develop their continent.

Bros you just dey go off point with your conversation. You can't expect CAF to postpone AFCON or suspend it.. This is the best time of the year to play the competition, or play the competition 5 months to world cup...
If Napoli isn't cool with it, they should sue covid-19 for creating issues like this...
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by thinkmoney(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Cameroon has a large percentage of unvaccinated people, the Vaccination you have injected in Victor should protect him Na! Abi una Jab Na Joke.

A Jab so wonderful that the unvaccinated are blamed for the sickness and Deaths of the Vaccinated.

Sin ,Evil and Wickedness has ruptured the reasoning ability of humans.
Confused Nations and People Everywhere!
U are very sentimental and you find it very difficult to adjust to new knowledge.
The vaccine doesn't stop u getting infections, it only boost ur immunity to fight the infection. That is, u wouldn't fall sick as u should if u weren't vaccinated
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
They should sue him.. this AFCON people no get sense, this clubs pay the Bills of these players, even when they are injured it is the club doctors who take care of them. Why can't Afcon be played during offseason.
For those who think it's because of covid, you need to have a rethink, this is long overdue. Covid is just an excuse. Afcon is the major reason why Ferguson did not buy Aftican Players.
For your mind you dey make a lot of sense abi?

So with all the sense you dey carry up and down..

You never know the reason..

Why Africa plays her Tournament on Januarys?

Sorry is your name.. angry
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Reference(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
kristonium:

Is the same Omicron not ravaging countries with 99% vaccination

You people are clowns!

Oga, use your head.
The boy lost weeks last season due to Covid infection on a visit to Nigeria.
The Club lost hundreds of thousands in paid wages.
When players go down out of active service that amounts to a huge loss for their clubs which are run commercially.
They have real concerns.
FIFA/UEFA and the Italian FA will not allow infected players on the field.
Unlike here they take issues of health seriously because they can be liable if the rules are broken and the situation goes south.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Reference(m): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
phemmyfour:
Rainy season, African pitches ain't good with rain

Not only pitches, logistics and poor infrastructure.
Satellite transmission is also very difficult in tropical weather.
For most northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere countries summer (May - September at its broadest) offers the most stable and predictable weather conditions so big budget sporting events take place during this period but for most of Africa, Mid East and Central/Southern Asia the best weather occurs November to March (at its broadest).
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
Reference:

Oga, use your head.
The boy lost weeks last season due to Covid infection on a visit to Nigeria.
The Club lost hundreds of thousands in paid wages.
When players go down out of active service that amounts to a huge loss for their clubs which are run commercially.
They have real concerns.
FIFA/UEFA and the Italian FA will not allow infected players on the field.
Unlike here they take issues of health seriously because they can be liable if the rules are broken and the situation goes south.
The best the clubs can do is to have their players vaccinated..

After all these same players just finished the Euros and COPA in July..

The Tournament has been delayed for a year already..

WHAT do they want?

Another postponement?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Corea4king(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Don't worry,if they terminate ur contract, Enyimba we sign you.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by RagnarLothbrok: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
What about the EUROS?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Reference(m): 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
DarkJeddi:
The best the clubs can do is to have their players vaccinated..

After all these same players just finished the Euros and COPA in July..

The Tournament has been delayed for a year already..

WHAT do they want?

Another postponement?

I am talking about Afcon but specifically about Osimen and Napoli.
Even yoiu must admit that Osimen has hardly played for this team since he signed.
I don't think he has played a dozen consecutive matches for Naopli without issues.
That is neither good for him nor his club.
And as a businessman if you have such a highly prized, highly paid staff on you books you will be frustrated by what is happening.
I can unjderstand their position and concerns about Osimen - Africa and Covid.
What if.... just what if the boy comes here, plays and is injured or contracts the virus yet again...
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Ryan14(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
They should sue him.. this AFCON people no get sense, this clubs pay the Bills of these players, even when they are injured it is the club doctors who take care of them. Why can't Afcon be played during offseason.
For those who think it's because of covid, you need to have a rethink, this is long overdue. Covid is just an excuse. Afcon is the major reason why Ferguson did not buy Aftican Players.
Bro, these clubs are all aware of the AFCON tournament even before signing African players.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Mosopzy23: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
DeepSight:

It was pointed out that there are plans to play it in-season because of the weather in Qatar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup

This is the first time I'm aware the world cup will be played in season and that's due to its being played in Qatar.

I think Afcon can be held off-season if the organisers agree to host the tournament in S.A
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Bluffly: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
ogbiwa:
Recuperating Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, may miss the fast-approaching Africa Cup of Nations if a report from Italy is anything to go by.

Napoli lawyer, Mattia Grassani, according to report, warns clubs could sue to stop their players participating in the Africa Cup of Nations.

“Considering the epidemiological situation, there could be legal action, because this tournament takes away valuable resources from the clubs,” Napoli lawyer Grassani told CalcioNapoli24.

“It is a particular historic moment, so it would be different if we felt 99 percent confident of the situation. The clubs invested a lot of money signing players like Victor Osimhen, so if he were to become infected, that’d be tough to deal with.

“The first step would be legal action to prevent the call-up, then if there were concrete elements to sue because the health standards are not the same as in European competitions, then there could be more appeals to gain an exemption for Europe-based players.”

Cameroon has only five per cent of the population vaccinated, there are fears this could turn into a super-spreader event for the continent and the entire football world.

Clubs are increasingly concerned at the idea of letting their players participate in the competition, citing health worries.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/napoli-plots-to-end-osimhens-afcon-dream/

What an insult
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
Reference:

I am talking about Afcon but specifically about Osimen and Napoli.
Even yoiu must admit that Osimen has hardly played for this team since he signed.
I don't think he has played a dozen consecutive matches for Naopli without issues.
That is neither good for him nor his club.
And as a businessman if you have such a highly prized, highly paid staff on you books you will be frustrated by what is happening.
I can unjderstand their position and concerns about Osimen - Africa and Covid.
What if.... just what if the boy comes here, plays and is injured or contracts the virus yet again...
What makes Osimehn any different?

From any other player..

That have ever graced international football?

They know what they were getting into..

When they decided to sign him on.

If Osimehn is fit..

Why should he be treated any different..

From any other player?

Getting injured is part of the game..

Even in his bedroom..

He can be injured..

The best they can do is have him vaccinated..

And wish him well..
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mosopzy23:

This is the first time I'm aware the world cup will be played in season and that's due to its being played in Qatar.

I think Afcon can be held off-season if the organisers agree to host the tournament in S.A
Why should they agree to host it off season?

So the next one that comes around..

We should also continue to have SA host it..

At the slightest sentiment from Europe?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Mosopzy23: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Why should they agree to host it off season?

So the next one that comes around..

We should also continue to have SA host it..

At the slightest sentiment from Europe?

It's just about following the norms in most part of the world. Almost everywhere, major tournaments are held off-season.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by cliqtips: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
Lol.. how nah ?
I can agree with you on the basis of weather though.
I never said they should postpone or suspend it.
And yes, no club is bigger than the continent.

The issue on ground wasn't caused by this ....
OSDD:

they should sue covid-19 for creating issues like this...
I hope you know. It's always been in January & February.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by dallyemmy: 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
NFA needs to sue Napoli's lawyer too.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
Let him relax we have capable hands that fill into position. Denis, onuachu, infact iheanacho has scored more goals for Nigeria team than he did. So for the sake of his career let him relax. This nonsense country does not worth that risk
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by pafo(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt even understand ur point...u are saying they are right because its a bad idea to play AFCON in January wen different leagues are going on bcox de clubs own the players since dey are paying DM..
hope u would also say this same words back then wen the Olympics were played during the league season and key players do leave dier club to win Olympic gold n i also think you will still see all shades of wrongs next year when the worldcup will be played in November because of weather issues, or na inferiority complex dey worry u?

Its inferiority complex. He said that's why Fergie didn't sign black players. Whites should start telling us when to host our competitions now. If dem born them well make dem no release Osimhem come next month. Their social media go hear wehn!
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by lomprico(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
That's good .. Nigeria doesn't deserve to reap were she didn't show.

How have we.trwated former players who didn't strike it rich?

To hell with super eagles .

Are u mad? Nigeria exposed osimehen when he was included in u16 world Cup.

Besides Napoli can't do shit. CAF Tournament has FIFA backing.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by paulolee(m): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
pafo:

Its inferiority complex. He said that's why Fergie didn't sign black players. Whites should start telling us when to host our competitions now. If dem born them well make dem no release Osimhem come next month. Their social media go hear wehn!
swwars
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by enomakos(m): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by oluwazoba25: 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt even understand ur point...u are saying they are right because its a bad idea to play AFCON in January wen different leagues are going on bcox de clubs own the players since dey are paying DM..
hope u would also say this same words back then wen the Olympics were played during the league season and key players do leave dier club to win Olympic gold n i also think you will still see all shades of wrongs next year when the worldcup will be played in November because of weather issues, or na inferiority complex dey worry u?
even used Fergie as an example asif other coaches dt sign Africans are clueless...my guy shift abeeegi
hahha ewo ni ekpe bayi?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by oluwazoba25: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Folabifreeman:
I remember that year Osimhen when he still dey come my studio for Agege dey sing. Na Good musician.
where for agege i no belive you jere!
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mosopzy23:

It's just about following the norms in most part of the world. Almost everywhere, major tournaments are held off-season.

We should have it held perpetually in SA then?

Do you even have an idea of why it is held at the off season?
shocked
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
bigcasava1:
Let him relax we have capable hands that fill into position. Denis, onuachu, infact iheanacho has scored more goals for Nigeria team than he did. So for the sake of his career let him relax. This nonsense country does not worth that risk
Worth which risk?

Which risk is he taking..

That all the players you listed..

Are not taking?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
webizone:

As in, you read perfectly what I read. Na Super Inferiority Complex dey worry am. He is SIC!
What is inferiority complex there?
In fact inferiority complex is when you ignore the teeming talent in your backyard and only call up the ones the Europeans have endorsed. If oyinbo no hail person una no go gree say the person get talent shey
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Swipa: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
If you can't see that these vaccines are a joke,then you need help.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Cameroon has a large percentage of unvaccinated people, the Vaccination you have injected in Victor should protect him Na! Abi una Jab Na Joke.

A Jab so wonderful that the unvaccinated are blamed for the sickness and Deaths of the Vaccinated.

Sin ,Evil and Wickedness has ruptured the reasoning ability of humans.
Confused Nations and People Everywhere!

After 40 days of fasting, Jesus was tempted by the devil. Devil told Jesus to jump down from the top of the mountain that surely he won't be hurt as God would send angels. This is Jesus same as God the Father. What did Jesus do? Did he jump? Why didn't he jump?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Naiira:
Try and read the book “How Europe underdeveloped Africa.” Walter Rodney

Africa developed Europe at the same rate that Europe underdeveloped Africa.

This is Neocolonialism at its peak.

I have finished that book twice.

You kind sir, give me hope for the country. We still minds that are awake. The majority are asleep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: South Africans Threaten Nwabali - Don't Come Back / Cédric Bakambu Becomes The Most Expensive African Player In History / Nigeria’s Top Five Rated Players Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.