Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) (5410 Views)

Any Review On Gionee M15. Cuz I Just Ordered It On Konga / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' / Woman Saw Soap After Unboxing Her Newly Purchased Iphone (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by midehill(m): 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good afternoon everyone

I will try to make this story as short as possible.

I purchased an infinix hot10i on konga on the 21st of December, 2021. The reason why I purchased it on konga is because the phone is sold very cheap by one of konga sellers.

We all know konga have many sellers selling in its platform. One of those sellers sold it around N55,500. This is the cheapest so far on konga and on Jumia.

I would have preferred Jumia but o could not see any cheaper amount there. Jumia prices starts from 59,000 to 70,000.

So I decided to order it on konga with the option "Pay on delivery". Today, I was informed my order has been shipped. Definitely, by tomorrow. I would be called.

However, after receiving their call that my order has been shipped. I went to track my goods online on their website and I saw it was shipped to Kxpress computer village.

When I saw shipped to computer village, I was very uneasy because we all know the shady and dubious activities that happened in computer village.

So I decided to go online to read reviews about konga, do you know that most of the reviews I read about them are very bad. Customers are always complaining on those review site that they sell fake products and you will not be given the opportunity to return it.

Some users also said when the delivery man comes, he would not allow you to check your product until you pay. So I am confused and this made me to have many questions because this is actually my first time of purchasing from them.

My questions are

1) What was your experience like after purchasing goods on konga. Good or bad?

2) Do they accept paying by Pos when the delivery man comes to deliver the goods to you?

3) Most important, Will you be given the chance to check your product before paying after delivery?

Please our dear moderators Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique. kindly push this to first page so that I can be able to have more input. This can be useful for some people also. Thanks in advance.

Update[b]

I have bought the phone and no issue at all. I am enjoying it[b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Kriss216: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
If the delivery man refused to let you check the product before paying, ask the delivery man to go back with the phone that you're not interested again. He will not force the money out of your pocket.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by TimmyA: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
You have to pay before you can check also on Jumia

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Federalcase(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
That's how payment on delivery works , you have to pay before checking it.. i don't about konga but jumia accepts payment through pos.

I have never bought phone on konga but i have bought over three phones on jumia, all payment on delivery, no complaints and their Reviews were good. I would suggest you take the reviews seriously. If you don't feel like buying it then don't, nobody is forcing you, simply cancel your order. Trust your instincts, it works.

15 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by EdoFirstBorn(m): 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
midehill:
Good afternoon everyone

I will try to make this story as short as possible.

I purchased an infinix hot10i on konga on the 21st of December, 2021. The reason why I purchased it on konga is because the phone is sold very cheap by one of konga sellers.

We all know konga have many sellers selling in its platform. One of those sellers sold it around N55,500. This is the cheapest so far on konga and on Jumia.

I would have preferred Jumia but o could not see any cheaper amount there. Jumia prices starts from 59,000 to 70,000.

So I decided to order it on konga with the option "Pay on delivery". Today, I was informed my order has been shipped. Definitely, by tomorrow. I would be called.

However, after receiving their call that my order has been shipped. I went to track my goods online on their website and I saw it was shipped to Kxpress computer village.

When I saw shipped to computer village, I was very uneasy because we all know the shady and dubious activities that happened in computer village.

So I decided to go online to read reviews about konga, do you know that most of the reviews I read about them are very bad. Customers are always complaining on those review site that they sell fake products and you will not be given the opportunity to return it.

Some users also said when the delivery man comes, he would not allow you to check your product until you pay. So I am confused and this made me to have many questions because this is actually my first time of purchasing from them.

My questions are

2) Do they accept paying by Pos when the delivery man comes to deliver the goods to you?

3) Most important, Will you be given the chance to check your product before paying after delivery?

Please our dear moderators Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique. kindly push this to first page so that I can be able to have more input. This can be useful for some people also. Thanks in advance.
[/s]

When I saw infinix I stopped reading ... You used your hard earned money to buy a transsion phone ? You just decided to waste your money

Sorry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by midehill(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

When I saw infinix I stopped reading ... You used your hard earned money to buy a transsion phone ? You just decided to waste your money

Sorry

I have not bought it yet, just ordered it.

Infinix is a good phone ooo... The fact that u dnt like it does not mean anybody does not like it .. However, help me to answer my questions in the article... Thanks

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by EdoFirstBorn(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
midehill:

I have not bought it yet, just ordered it.

Infinix is a good phone ooo... The fact that u dnt like it does not mean anybody does not like it .. However, help me to answer my questions in the article... Thanks
[/s]

I don't get involved in anything that has to do with fake phones .. all transsion phones are fake.. Tecno , Infinix and itel are all low quality garbage phones .

Get educated

16 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by midehill(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

I don't get involved in anything that has to do with fake phones .. all transsion phones are fake.. Tecno , Infinix and itel are all low quality garbage phones .

Get educated

That is your own opinion...

19 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Cheezzyy: 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated
lol, fake as in? Phones that are serving ppl for years, fake?

18 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Robisky001(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated
cheesy grin Guy, why are angry that he bought a transsion phone? You still feel help an to upgrade to Samsung or an iPhone.

12 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Tomahawk99(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated
Transion is a bigger company than your state government that depends on federal allocation. Someone seeks an opinion but phone section idiots like you will come to derail it with crap.
Imagine someone from a country that imports everything and exports nothing tangible talking down on people who actually does.
Why don't you go into phone manufacturing and produce something better. Banza!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by reuben81: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated
Oga Iphone well-done,pls answer his question if u can

7 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by chinonyinye: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
I've been using konga for more than 7 years now and i can certify that they sell good products. They have sellers and the seller ships the product to the nearest kexpress center to him or her and it gets packaged there and delivered to you.
There's also a 7 days return policy on most goods

4 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Randerl: 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
My advice

2 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by AgriHub: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
Do you know that many criminals swap phones or products when the delivery man allow them to inspect it?

Thats why Konga does not allow people to touch before paying especially Nigerians. Nigerians can deceive the dispatch guy and pretend like they are inspecting the device. While they are inspecting the device, they will put back a replica or toy inside the pack and claim they are no longer interested.

Also be you aware that Konga does not pay sellers immediately. After you give Konga the money, Konga puts the money in escrow for 10 days. You have 10 days to raise a claim if the product is faulty or fake. Thats if its true oo.

If you raise a claim, Konga will do investigation. If they discover that it was fraudulent claim maybe you want to return a product damaged by you which was verified by Konga before shipping, Konga will not accept your claim. If they verify and they find your claim to be true, they will refund you.

I sell on Konga too and I know what buyers do there. Some will buy a phone and damage it because of not knowing how it works. Then go ahead to raise a claim.

Some are simply criminals. They will order and if you allow them to inspect before paying, they will swap it and put a toy clone inside while taking the original phone. Then they will tell the dispatch ATM is not working. The mumu dispatch will take clone or toy back to seller who will reject it of course. Konga will then be forced to PAY. Know this and know peace.

I import and distribute Seminis Darina cucumber seeds. Available on wholesale supply. Darina cucumber seeds are ready for harvest 30 days after planting. Call or chat number below for more details. Thanks.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by midehill(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
AgriHub:
Do you know that many criminals swap phones or products when the delivery man allow them to inspect it?

Thats why Konga does not allow people to touch before paying especially Nigerians. Nigerians can deceive the dispatch guy and pretend like they are inspecting the device. While they are inspecting the device, they will put back a replica or toy inside the pack and claim they are no longer interested.

Also be you aware that Konga does not pay sellers immediately. After you give Konga the money, Konga puts the money in escrow for 10 days. You have 10 days to raise a claim if the product is faulty or fake. Thats if its true oo.

If you raise a claim, Konga will do investigation. If they discover that it was fraudulent claim maybe you want to return a product damaged by you which was verified by Konga before shipping, Konga will not accept your claim. If they verify and they find your claim to be true, they will refund you.

I sell on Konga too and I know what buyers do there. Some will buy a phone and damage it because of not knowing how it works. Then go ahead to raise a claim.

Some are simply criminals. They will order and if you allow them to inspect before paying, they will swap it and put a toy clone inside while taking the original phone. Then they will tell the dispatch ATM is not working. The mumu dispatch will take clone or toy back to seller who will reject it of course. Konga will then be forced to PAY. Know this and know peace.

I import and distribute Seminis Darina cucumber seeds. Available on wholesale supply. Darina cucumber seeds are ready for harvest 30 days after planting. Call or chat number below for more details. Thanks.

So are you telling me there will be no issue with the phone? That means I can pay then inspect right?

2 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by JusthowIfeel: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2021
This is quite different.
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by LogicBomb8: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2021
it can just cancel the order before you return to nairaland to seek advice
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by AgriHub: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
midehill:

So are you telling me there will be no issue with the phone? That means I can pay then inspect right?

I am not saying there will be no issue. Am not certain.

I am just telling you that Konga has an escrow service. They dont give sellers money immediately. They lay them after 10 days if no claim was raised within that 10 days by the buyer. I have used Konga for years and the escrow thing works well.

My only fear is this one you are already having negative thoughts on the deal. It will make you see issues where none is undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Mohbola(f): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
I'm sure you can advice him without sounding condescending. Omniknowest
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Mohbola(f): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
My brother enter the streets, most of these brands are doing discount now. You can even get it for less too

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Mohbola(f): 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Leave am
Tomahawk99:

Transion is a bigger company than your state government that depends on federal allocation. Someone seeks an opinion but phone section idiots like you will come to derail it with crap.
Imagine someone from a country that imports everything and exports nothing tangible talking down on people who actually does.

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by midehill(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
AgriHub:

I am not saying there will be no issue. Am not certain.

I am just telling you that Konga has an escrow service. They dont give sellers money immediately. They lay them after 10 days if no claim was raised within that 10 days by the buyer. I have used Konga for years and the escrow thing works well.

My only fear is this one you are already having negative thoughts on the deal. It will make you see issues where none is undecided undecided undecided

True sha, I'll be positive

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by bobbybrown007: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
Then why are you scared? You for no buy am
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2021
Personally, I no dey like to buy or order things online, I prefer going to where those things are sold,so that once I see any fault, I go return am ASAP.
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Favour005: 1:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Instead of wasting your time on Konga, I suggest you visit or patronize major telegram stores, I prefer shopping online there due to the fact that they are accessible and reliable. Good luck and happy shopping
Search "Een-bee Gadget store&update" on telegram its one of the new telegram channel that'll be open for things like this6���‍♂️�
Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by NightFood: 3:16am On Dec 24, 2021
Randerl:
My advice
your advice is trash, if you don't have any better thing to say, please just shut up

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by paduzman: 3:22am On Dec 24, 2021
Hmm, that's why I always advice that people buy their phones from accredited phone stores just like how I get my tecno phones from accredited stores to avoid stories that touch. Meanwhile, tried the new Oraimo Freepod 3 yet? It's dust and water resistant feature are really good, plus you get to enjoy fantastic sound output and aesthetics that are second to none.

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Flintstone06(m): 5:27am On Dec 24, 2021
FyI, I have been shopping on Konga since 2015.

Nice One @Agrihub.

@OP, see the feedback below.

My questions are

1a) Good.

2b) Yes.

3b) No. Kindly refer to @Agrihub's response to your questions to understand why.

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Tonymic2017: 6:05am On Dec 24, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated

Lol! This guy just needs attention. Nobody forced u to comment. You just came here spewing trash about someone's hard earned money and what he used it for. If you don't have anything to say, close your mouth, it's wiser that way. Transion phones, transion phones, the most important thing about any gadget is if you buy it and it serves you better. I don't want to know the maker.

Op, if you are not comfortable with the product, u still have your money, I believe they must have told you where to expect your delivery, if it's not the place you discussed wit them, you have the right not to even go there at all. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by Twoclans(f): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2021
Tomahawk99:

I just tire for that transition abi na transion or transistor talk matter.

I have a tecno phone that I am addicted to,regardless of my other phones funny enough I still love that tecno phone.

2 Likes

Re: I Purchased A Phone On Konga And I Am Quite Uneasy About It (see Why) by lereinter(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Get educated

You are a jester

It's just like saying because you don't use Japanese cars then all Japanese cars are fake

(1) (2) (Reply)

Default Configuration For All Nigeria Network / How 2 Unlock Any Nokia Phone Using A Master Code / Airtel 1gig For 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.