Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,371 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? (1204 Views)

Windstorm Harm Disabled People In Niger State - Photos / Ebola Panic In Ife: OAU Student Quarantined, Confesses Contact With Enemuo / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? by larger20(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2006
Do you know someone with a disability that requires them to use a wheelchair lift in a minivan?  I'm in a design class and I need to find people to fill out this short survey so we can get a better idea of what people need in a wheelchair lift.  Attached is a survey that can be filled out, please fill out the second page if you own one.

Re: Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? by Seun(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2006
I don't have any contact with them.
Re: Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? by k9(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
Nigeria (and perhaps Africa as a whole, save South Africa) does not quite have a market for such product. My guestimation is that less than 0.5 of the physically challenged populace can afford a motorized wheelchair, and of those who can, an infinitesimally small amount of them own and/or commute in a van. Perhaps when the market arrives (in another lifetime), you can then come with your product.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? by Seun(m): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2007
You know what? I was wrong. My grandmother is disabled due to old age, but she refuses to use a wheelchair. sad
Re: Do You Know Or Have Contact With Disabled People? by larger20(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2007
This project has long be completed but the product was not manufactured because there are so many models already in the market. Also cost factor was a big deal because we could not get a sponsorship, and the existing disable product companies refused to sponsor US. So we have to graduate to our fate and find jobs somewhere else, Yuck Mechanical Engineering LOL

(1) (Reply)

** Hiv/aids Now Has Cure ? * / Baby Gracious Heart Surgery Is Successful Hallelujah: (pics) / Health Benefits Of Liquid Chlorophyl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.