Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,625 members, 7,865,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far (19479 Views)

Deep Life Lesson From Messi's World Cup Win / First Coutinho, Now Wijnaldum - Leaving Liverpool Has Become A Dangerous Move / 9 Rich Football Stars Who Drive Cheap Cars: From Messi To N’Golo Kante (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by kenex4ever(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Did u just say madrid got stronger after Ronaldo left?? U are definitely insane ...
ofcourse, especially in the league. They are on course to win as much league title as ronaldo won in his entire stay.

In champions league, zidane, ramos and ronaldo were the key men then, when zidane n cr7 left plus an injured ramos, madrid got a lil weaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by spy24(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2021
DareyFortified:

Lmao �

1. Who has the highest golden boot - Messi
2. How has the highest ballon d'Or - Messi
3. who has the Highest goal ratio - Messi
4. Who has the highest assist - Messi
5. Who is the best playmaker - Messi
6. Who is score the highest freekicks - Messi
7. Who score the highest goal outside the box - Messi
8. Who has the highest pichichi award - Messi
9. Who has the most troupies between the two - Messi
10. Who has the most individual award - Messi
11. Who is the best player of the decade - Messi
12. Who is the best dribbler - Messi

Should I go on? Cus e plenty gan grin grin grin grin grin

You see these are not stats tongue : >: grin

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by OJEEMAH(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

1 semi final in 7 yrs grin grin... barca invested major cash in players in those 7 yrs... apart from de ligt, mention 1 big player juve invested in... barca had suarez , invested in de jong , Coutinho, dembele , vidal ,umtiti ...

No doubt, Barcalona invested heavily on those guys...... Was it Messi's fault they all failed to justify the huge sum Barcelona paid to sign them??

How much did Bayern spend to win the UCL?

Can you compare it to what PSG has spent so far??

If its about investment, don't you think Man City & Man United should have won at least 2 UCL in the last 4-5years?

You can't say Juventus didn't invest because before Ronaldo joined Juventus, Dybala was signed from Palermo to strengthen the squad and he automatically became an instant hit.

Chiesa was doing pretty well at Fiorentina before Juve signed him but you would agree with me the guy had an average outing last season but did exceptionally well at the Euros.

Ronaldo was their most expensive player doesn't mean they've not been spending big.

Before he joined Juventus, they bought Higuain for (94m) and apart from De Ligt, Juventus spent reasonable sum to sign Arthur (72m), Kulusevski (35m), Chiesa (60m).

So stop sounding like they got everyone for free like Ramsey and Rabiot.
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by OJEEMAH(m): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

No wonder u know nothing about football... for u to call Ronaldo and mbappe center forwards... I'm sure u also think sterling is a center forward grin.... u should also call sane and salah centre forwards grin grin.. son too na centre forward grin grin... abeg go cook rice , football is not for u
Bros, kindly tell me where Ronaldo and Mbappe operate in the present Man united and PSG set up.

At the moment, Salah is a wide player while Ronaldo is a box 18 striker.

Mbappe's case is also different cos he plays through the middle whenever he is playing with Neymar and Messi/Di Maria but if their a natural forward like Cavani, Icardi or Moise Kean, He plays left as Neymar is always struggling with injuries.

Tell me just 2 games Messi was used as a Center Forward so far this season.

Understanding team set up is not hard na...............why are you making it look complex??
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Asour: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

This is the problem with u messi fans ... I dont know how u guys reason... will u compare Poland to Argentina?? Poland wud never have a chance ... Poland scored 4 goals in the last euros and he scored 3 in group that had Spain and Sweden .... do u think Argentina can defeat Sweden?? In they drop Poland in South America, they will be qualifying for every single world cup... did u expect Poland to top the group that had England, at least they finished 2nd ... even Euro champions Italy cudnt top their group, that shows u how competitive Europe is ... or do u think Messi and Argentina can top those groups in Europe

That's not the point.

Tell me of any Balond'or winner who failed to qualify for World cup in a World cup qualifying year.
While crashing out of a major tournament in group stages IN THE SAME YEAR but won the Balond'or.

Tell me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by OJEEMAH(m): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

U should be trying being smart b4 making comments... Ronaldo requested that he wanted to leave , juventus cudnt afford his salary again due to the effect the pandemic had on the team finances... players like Buffon are just pained, if the played for Ronaldo, dint he deliver?? He scored goals, now it was the job of the defence to do their own part... ok if u say hecwas the problem of the team ...why are they struggling now... they hvnt even entered top 4 all season... Ronaldo scored 36 goals last season and the second morata , only scored 11 .... whenever Ronaldo dint play, the rest cudnt step up... ok , imagine that even he still ended as juves top scorer this year despite leaving.... as urself y are they still struggling....
The rest couldn't set up whenever Ronaldo didn't play??

Are you referring to the same players that won the most important game of the season to qualify Juventus for the UCL without Ronaldo??
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
OJEEMAH:
The rest couldn't set up whenever Ronaldo didn't play??

Are you referring to the same players that won the most important game of the season to qualify Juventus for the UCL without Ronaldo??

Which important game ?? Bologna that dint need the game... the important game was the one b4 that and that was inter Milan of which he scored the opening goal
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Its not like Argentina have been performing poorly all those years they didn't win ooh...... They have just been unfortunate in finals.

Its not a coincidence Argentina played 4 finals before finally winning the last edition but these Ronaldo fanboys will make it look like Juventus that made UCL Quarter finals once in the last 3years.

I don't care about who has been winning Copa America but to say the tournament was moved from 4 years to 2 so as to favour Messi is a foolish assertion reek of ignorance and it makes them look very unintelligent. There is no where it was stated or agreed that the tournament should be played every 4 years.Copa has been like that even before Messi was born.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by OJEEMAH(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:
I don't care about who has been winning Copa America but to say the tournament was moved from 4 years to 2 so as to favour Messi is a foolish assertion reek of ignorance and it makes them look very unintelligent. There is no where it was stated or agreed that the tournament should be played every 4 years.Copa has been like that even before Messi was born.
By now, you should have known most Ronaldo fans are kids.

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Which important game ?? Bologna that dint need the game... the important game was the one b4 that and that was inter Milan of which he scored the opening goal
what did Ronaldo achieved with Juve which they never had before?
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by OJEEMAH(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

I hope you know that game was the decider??

Napoli drew, what if Juventus didn't win?

Would they have qualified??
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Asour:

That's not the point.

Tell me of any Balond'or winner who failed to qualify for World cup in a World cup qualifying year.
While crashing out of a major tournament in group stages IN THE SAME YEAR but won the Balond'or.

Tell me.

Ronaldo won the champions league and la liga , broke the record with 17 champions league goals ...
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I hope you know that game was the decider??

Napoli drew, what if Juventus didn't win?

Would they have qualified??

That was not a decider cos that game was gonna b an easy win... the decider was the game with inter
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:

Juve have achieved everything trophy so u should be talking about what he added , and thats 2 league titles and a copa Italia
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Bros, kindly tell me where Ronaldo and Mbappe operate in the present Man united and PSG set up.

At the moment, Salah is a wide player while Ronaldo is a box 18 striker.

Mbappe's case is also different cos he plays through the middle whenever he is playing with Neymar and Messi/Di Maria but if their a natural forward like Cavani, Icardi or Moise Kean, He plays left as Neymar is always struggling with injuries.

Tell me just 2 games Messi was used as a Center Forward so far this season.

Understanding team set up is not hard na...............why are you making it look complex??

Messi is not a centre forward just like Ronaldo and mbappe are not... stop making excuses
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Asour: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo won the champions league and la liga , broke the record with 17 champions league goals ...

You are just muddling up points.

I said tell me a Balond'or winner who (in the year he won Balond'or) FAILED to qualify for World cup.

Just as Lewandowski has yet to qualify for World cup and it did nothing to his Balond'or aspirations.

That couldn't happen to Messi & CR7. The voters were lenient to Lewy in that area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
OJEEMAH:

No doubt, Barcalona invested heavily on those guys...... Was it Messi's fault they all failed to justify the huge sum Barcelona paid to sign them??

How much did Bayern spend to win the UCL?

Can you compare it to what PSG has spent so far??

If its about investment, don't you think Man City & Man United should have won at least 2 UCL in the last 4-5years?

You can't say Juventus didn't invest because before Ronaldo joined Juventus, Dybala was signed from Palermo to strengthen the squad and he automatically became an instant hit.

Chiesa was doing pretty well at Fiorentina before Juve signed him but you would agree with me the guy had an average outing last season but did exceptionally well at the Euros.

Ronaldo was their most expensive player doesn't mean they've not been spending big.

Before he joined Juventus, they bought Higuain for (94m) and apart from De Ligt, Juventus spent reasonable sum to sign Arthur (72m), Kulusevski (35m), Chiesa (60m).

So stop sounding like they got everyone for free like Ramsey and Rabiot.

Its not messis fault that barca cudnt perform after the spending but its Ronaldo's fault that Juventus cudnt achieve what they wanted ( hypocrisy)...
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Asour:

You are just muddling up points.

I said tell me a Balond'or winner who (in the year he won Balond'or) FAILED to qualify for World cup.

Just as Lewandowski has yet to qualify for World cup and it did nothing to his Balond'or aspirations.

That couldn't happen to Messi & CR7. The voters were lenient to Lewy in that area.

How did he fail to qualify for World cup??
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Jokerman(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Asour:

You are correct about PSG's project for Messi & them (PSG) not topping the group.

However that's all you're correct about. The CR7 point you made is heavily laced with bias. Why?

You never talked about his failure with Juventus UCL aspirations. Juventus barely qualified for UCL this season with him there. They were routinely outed at Round 16 UCL with the supposed Mr Champions league there. Now without him (in UCL) they topped the group (that had current winners Chelsea). You said nothing about CR7's failed project with Juventus at UCL till he left.

But here you are critical of Messi's UCL outing at PSG despite being their top UCL scorer — even while playing a game less than Mbappe.

My point : Messi's outing at PSG in League 1 has been poor. His UCL : Meh. But apply your assessments consistently NOT only when it 'favours' CR7.

Cheers.

If CR7 failed with Juventus because of the ucl, then you must admit that Pep is also failing with Man City...

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
kenex4ever:
ofcourse, especially in the league. They are on course to win as much league title as ronaldo won in his entire stay.

In champions league, zidane, ramos and ronaldo were the key men then, when zidane n cr7 left plus an injured ramos, madrid got a lil weaker.

U are a novice in football... u think if barca were still like they used to be , madrid will even win one

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Jokerman(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:

So you want to say Pep is failing with Man City.....?

2 Likes

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by kenex4ever(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are a novice in football... u think if barca were still like they used to be , madrid will even win one

Guy stop insulting and concentrate on talking football if u are so experienced..

Barca is not the only team in spain. Atletico is there too, sevilla etc.

You cannot deny the fact that fcb was so reliant on Messi, last season he topped the scoring chats and dragged the likes of dest, arujo, pedri, and other under 21 footballers to contend for laliga title until the last minute. Immediately he left, the team collapsed unlike cr7, benzema and Vini Jr. flourished when cr7 left.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Jokerman:

So you want to say Pep is failing with Man City.....?
what are you saying man?

1.Before pep join City,no team has ever done the 100points in English football,pep did it
2. English local treble
3.He took City to their first ever UCL final
These are things City never had which they achieved with Pep

Now,tell me what Ronaldo added to Juve Sir
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Juve have achieved everything trophy so u should be talking about what he added , and thats 2 league titles and a copa Italia
2 league titles and a Copa Italia is not a big addition to Juve, a Paul Pogba and Sammy Khedira could singlehandedly give them that.
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Jokerman(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:
what are you saying man?

1.Before pep join City,no team has ever done the 100points in English football,pep did it
2. English local treble
3.He took City to their first ever UCL final
These are things City never had which they achieved with Pep

Now,tell me what Ronaldo added to Juve Sir

All these are irrelevant trash....what did he win for man City that man City has never won before?

Lol... talking about local treble.....

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
Jokerman:

All these are irrelevant trash....what did he win for man City that man City has never won before?

Lol... talking about local treble.....
if you can't have a conversation without being abusive.

Bye Sir
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Jokerman(m): 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:
if you can't have a conversation without being abusive.

Bye Sir

Did I abuse you on my post Sir... I just asked you what we won that man City has not won before?

1 Like

Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
maxwell530:

2 league titles and a Copa Italia is not a big addition to Juve, a Paul Pogba and Sammy Khedira could singlehandedly give them that.

I will stop quoting kids and novices.... pogba and khedira will single handedly give them that.... abeg bye
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by Kingcalls: 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
kenex4ever:

Guy stop insulting and concentrate on talking football if u are so experienced..

Barca is not the only team in spain. Atletico is there too, sevilla etc.

You cannot deny the fact that fcb was so reliant on Messi, last season he topped the scoring chats and dragged the likes of dest, arujo, pedri, and other under 21 footballers to contend for laliga title until the last minute. Immediately he left, the team collapsed unlike cr7, benzema and Vini Jr. flourished when cr7 left.

Flourished by loosing 4.1 to ajax in the round of 16 shey ?? And finishing 3rd in la liga
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by kenex4ever(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Flourished by loosing 4.1 to ajax in the round of 16 shey ?? And finishing 3rd in la liga
With cr7 in the team, they have lost with larger margin than that.

They won the league season b4 that n will most likely win this.
Re: From Messi, Wijnaldum, To Ramos: PSG Summer Signings Have Been A Failure So Far by maxwell530(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

I will stop quoting kids and novices.... pogba and khedira will single handedly give them that.... abeg bye
no be Pogba and Co won 4 straight Serie A titles and a UCL finalist in 2015? U can go check the squad.
They didn't have a Ronaldo and they did so well to win the league with ease for 7 straight years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Supporters And Management At Loggerhead Over Transfer / Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) / 9JAPREDICT BETTING: Register Now, Drop Your Username & Get N100 Activation Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.