Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord (69662 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Mubarak Sanyaolu: Parents Of Lagos Boy Killed By Stray Bullet Welcome Twins / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
nairaman66:

Most of you guys here don’t think! But always take assumption and forces it on people’s throats!

My submissions were bore out of pure thinking that the shooter would have assumed many possible positions for the bullet to land where it is. The bullet too could have been assumed to be shot from different models of guns, the speed, gravity etc needs to be taken into consideration. A diagram or picture is not enough to illustrate the scenario!
Sorry to say bro but Im very sure you are not a science student if you was the Bolded would have to be drawn to determine where and at what possible angles the shooter would have fired from, Now you came here louding you argument but you could not place at least one possible angle, I have had people come on here to say 45 Degs, we agreed its not possible, guys have said 90, we agreed not possible, someone even said 180, NOW MR at what Angle do you think one can fire a gun and slog lands on the roof, I mean at what Angle or height must shooter A stand. fire his gun to land in position PB which is the Bed.
One more thing to let you know PHYSICS is not magic, There is nothing like calculating Gravity in science as it is Constant, Bear that in mind whn you chose your Angle of projectile.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by nairaman66(m): 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Sorry to say bro but Im very sure you are not a science student if you was the Bolded would have to be drawn to determine where and at what possible angles the shooter would have fired from, Now you came here louding you argument but you could not place at least one possible angle, I have had people come on here to say 45 Degs, we agreed its not possible, guys have said 90, we agreed not possible, someone even said 180, NOW MR at what Angle do you think one can fire a gun and slog lands on the roof, I mean at what Angle or height must shooter A stand. fire his gun to land in position PB which is the Bed.
One more thing to let you know PHYSICS is not magic, There is nothing like calculating Gravity in science as it is Constant, Bear that in mind whn you chose your Angle of projectile.

Please read this and Enlighten yourself- Galilean Relativity.

Also read this small example-

Now imagine two bullets. The first is dropped by someone on the ship. The second is fired from a gun on the shore, but fired at exactly the same speed as the ship's speed (it's either a slow bullet or a fast ship, or both). The bullets start out with exactly the same trajectory. They have no way of knowing whether they're supposed to keep up with the ship or the shore or what - they only know their location and velocity. So the two bullets must fall in the same way. By Galilean relativity, the bullet on the ship falls in the same amount of time as a bullet that's simply dropped, so the bullet fired from the gun falls in the same amount of time as a bullet that's simply dropped, too.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
nairaman66:

Please read this and Enlighten yourself- Galilean Relativity.

Also read this small example-

Now imagine two bullets. The first is dropped by someone on the ship. The second is fired from a gun on the shore, but fired at exactly the same speed as the ship's speed (it's either a slow bullet or a fast ship, or both). The bullets start out with exactly the same trajectory. They have no way of knowing whether they're supposed to keep up with the ship or the shore or what - they only know their location and velocity. So the two bullets must fall in the same way. By Galilean relativity, the bullet on the ship falls in the same amount of time as a bullet that's simply dropped, so the bullet fired from the gun falls in the same amount of time as a bullet that's simply dropped, too.

Bross abeg nor Embarrass yourself here, smalies full this page. This is ABC Physics. all our planets have a fixed Force of gravity. look at the pic below, and also
Sourcce simple google https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+is+earth%27s+gravity&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=what+is+earth%27s+gravity&sc=8-23&sk=&cvid=1DFAFBE0E8714D7AB493DBEB52DBE3FC

The moon has 1.62 hence things float

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
dingbang:
i thought at angle 90, the bullet shot would reach a max peak in air and lose momentum, then return back with normal gravitational speed at 9.8m/s?
9.8 m/s² is acceleration not speed or velocity. momentum deals directly with velocity not acceleration per say and d momentum of d bullet is wat makes it dangerous...since velocity deals with distance traveled and d bullet will travel a far distance from d gun upwards,, it will still travel dat same distance downwards with almost d same momentum although slightly lesser than d upward momentum

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

9.8 m/s² is acceleration not speed or velocity. momentum deals directly with velocity not acceleration per say and d momentum of d bullet is wat makes it dangerous...since velocity deals with distance traveled and d bullet will travel a far distance from d gun upwards,, it will still travel dat same distance downwards with almost d same momentum although slightly lesser than d upward momentum
Bros 9.8 is the force of gravity, which is constant anywhere on planet Earth, how did you manage to Equate this to Acceleration bross?
Una nor go kill person, I am Enjoying this page I swear down ahahaha
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Benrosaria(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
malvisguy212:
indeed!!! And God has chosen the foolish thing to confront the wise....
Could you relate this with that ??
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dingbang(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

now this is the best explanation so far. Thank You macjireh. You deserve chicken
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Bros 9.8 is the force of gravity, which is constant anywhere on planet Earth, how did you manage to Equate this to Acceleration bross?
wat kind of talk is D's Acceleration due to force of gravity is 9.8metre per second per second written mathematically as 9.8m/s² or 9.8m/s/s. its obvious u didn't do science

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by ikemesit4477: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Massiveglory post=108803160]

Funny stunt. No video of the bullet Falling on your father's bed. Bullet can't just fall naturally like that.
It is an arranged stunt.[/quote, doubting Thomas!
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

wat kind of talk is D's Acceleration due to force of gravity is 9.8metre per second per second written mathematically as 9.8m/s² or 9.8m/s/s. its obvious u didn't do science
Bro calm down, Let me say something here, U know when we were in JS1 we were told 2 can never minus 3 then we got to SS1 we were told 2 can minus 3 that's what you jus quoted. Let us take it part by part
What is Acceleration?
Acceleration is the change in speed or velocity of an object over a certain time. It can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the total time. Armed with this lets go back to a free falling body and the forces pulling it to Earth.
Now if we agree with the above and also we agree that the force of gravity is constant, Now how can a free falling body change its speed of acceleration when the force pulling it to the ground is constant
??
I really do hope you understand this part of not so elementary science!
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
dingbang:
now this is the best explanation so far. Thank You macjire.. You deserve chicken
Thanks... good u learnt something... anoda thing is dat d initial velocity which is U is more than d final velocity V bkos d bullet will spend more time to touch d ground
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Miller232: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Massiveglory:

Funny stunt. No video of the bullet Falling on your father's bed. Bullet can't just fall naturally like that.
It is an arranged stunt.
OK so because they already know the bullet will fall right?
U have a fish brain comrade
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by nairaman66(m): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Bross abeg nor Embarrass yourself here, smalies full this page. This is ABC Physics. all our planets have a fixed Force of gravity. look at the pic below, and also
Sourcce simple google https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+is+earth%27s+gravity&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=what+is+earth%27s+gravity&sc=8-23&sk=&cvid=1DFAFBE0E8714D7AB493DBEB52DBE3FC

The moon has 1.62 hence things float

Lol! I am trying to explain that the bullet could have been shot from any angry to arrive at his destination. Many factors could have acted on it to land there. Can’t you understand this ABC explanation?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 11:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Bro calm down, Let me say something here, U know when we were in JS1 we were told 2 can never minus 3 then we got to SS1 we were told 2 can minus 3 that's what you jus quoted. Let us take it part by part
What is Acceleration?
Acceleration is the change in speed or velocity of an object over a certain time. It can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the total time. Armed with this lets go back to a free falling body and the forces pulling it to Earth.
Now if we agree with the above and also we agree that the force of gravity is constant, Now how can a free falling body change its speed of acceleration when the force pulling it to the ground is constant
??

I have no business with acceleration,, I have been focused on d velocity and momentum of d bullet... I don't know why u are dragging me into acceleration matter....someone said bullets Pierced through their roof and ceiling in their house and we are trying to understand wat happened,,not to be talking about free fall due to gravity... daz my point
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

I have no business with acceleration,, I have been focused on d velocity and momentum of d bullet... I don't know why u are dragging me into acceleration matter....someone said bullets Pierced through their roof and ceiling in their house and we are trying to understand wat happened,,not to be talking about free fall due to gravity... daz my point
The bolded is the issue, once a body or projectile loses its force of initial projection it is pulled down by Gravity which is 9.8 s/s, as at that point, it is a free falling body. Now someone wants to tell us that freefalling body managed to go fru the roof, ceiling and land on the bed.
NB if this was done in the moon the bullet will not come down cos the gravity of is almost non existent.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

What is Acceleration?
??
also too d fact dat d bullet is falling freely does not make it unharmful... do u know Y,,bkos if u fall freely from a 1m high table in ur house,,nothing will happen to u,,but fall freely from a 25 storey building and see weda u will live to tell d story...so d height distance matters to free falling objects
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
nairaman66:

Lol! I am trying to explain that the bullet could have been shot from any angry to arrive at his destination. Many factors could have acted on it to land there. Can’t you understand this ABC explanation?
Bro this one you dey talk nah plenty talk, All guns are fired from an Angle and from a distance. the distance is not much of an issue here rather the angle, so all I am asking is for you to Say a possible ANGLE that you think a gun could be fired from mayb distance X for it to fall from a ceiling. Very SIMPLE ABC request, ANGLE pls.
NB jst in case U forgot angle is a number with Degs in front not long epistles.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by biafraisdead(m): 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
oshonwambada:
Don't mind the idiot.U did well by cancelling the trash he wrote
Fool always calling people idiot
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

also too d fact dat d bullet is falling freely does not make it unharmful... do u know Y,,bkos if u fall freely from a 1m high table in ur house,,nothing will happen to u,,but fall freely from a 25 storey building and see weda u will live to tell d story...so d height distance matters to free falling objects
Bro Im getting tired however I will respond to this, the thing that will kiil you from such height is cos of the mass if not a tenis ball from such hiehgt will kill too.
Research the meaning of mass, weight and gravity as relative to laws of newton. Mass is a measure of how much matter an object contains, while weight is a measure of the force of gravity on the object. Gravity is the attractive pulls between two things/objects that have mass.I shall stop here if not I will be sounding like talking jargons.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by hansomb: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ipob doings/ handiwork.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by macjireh: 12:00am On Dec 26, 2021
erico2k2:

Bro Im getting tired however I will respond to this, the thing that will kiil you from such height is cos of the mass if not a tenis ball from such hiehgt will kill too.
Research the meaning of mass, weight and gravity as relative to laws of newton. Mass is a measure of how much matter an object contains, while weight is a measure of the force of gravity on the object. Gravity is the attractive pulls between two things/objects that have mass.I shall stop here if not I will be sounding like talking jargons.
u have answered d question urself... d mass of a bullet is wat makes it kill...momentum is mass X velocity,, Momentum=mv. d mass of d bullet shot upwards is constant even wen falling downwards,,but d final velocity drops as d bullet comes down,,so d momentum of d bullet coming down also reduces but it will still be a bit harmful,,daz Y d bullet only landed on d bed,,odawise it was supposed to Pierce thru d bed too.. hope u get it now
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 12:05am On Dec 26, 2021
macjireh:

u have answered d question urself... d mass of a bullet is wat makes it kill...momentum is mass X velocity,, Momentum=mv. d mass of d bullet shot upwards is constant even wen falling downwards,,but d final velocity drops as d bullet comes down,,so d momentum of d bullet coming down also reduces but it will still be a bit harmful,,daz Y d bullet only landed on d bed,,odawise it was supposed to Pierce thru d bed too.. hope u get it now
Bross The Bolded OFF ME the average mass of a Bullet is between 0.02kg and 0.04 Kg, how can that kill ? grin grin grin grin
Bross abeg go sleep this one off me i swear down
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by abouzaid: 1:44am On Dec 26, 2021
anochuko01:

Rest!
It could also be the handiwork of vigilantes.
The ones in Nnewi here shoot indiscriminately. They did displayed their craze yesterday.
vigilantes don't use that type of bullet.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Dshocker(m): 3:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Omakraid:
Thank God for your dad's life. Same happened to a friend's husband while having his devotion months back very early in the morning. The bullet pierced the roof and ceiling and landed on the table beside his bible. The hole is still in the ceiling till date

Modified: This story is now on instablog oo

You should have shared the link na
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by anochuko01(m): 5:05am On Dec 26, 2021
abouzaid:
vigilantes don't use that type of bullet.

Some actually do...
The ones here even have branded patrol vans and uniforms - like a community police thing.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by blackslayer: 5:39am On Dec 26, 2021
dingbang:
Please i need to understand the physics of this happenstance.

So the shooter aims the gun facing the sky and shoots the gun right? The bullet goes upward with a force then makes a u-turn and comes down with force too, enough to pierce a roof?..

Wow. I need more explanations.

i think the dominant, if not only force acting on the bullet on the way down is gravity.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by RedpillAnalyst: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2021
dingbang:

So the shooter aims the gun facing the sky and shoots the gun right? The bullet goes upward with a force then makes a u-turn and comes down with force too, enough to pierce a roof?..

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCEoOHxyruI
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by somehow: 6:39am On Dec 26, 2021
Omakraid:

My friend feels its spiritual since the other seven tenants including our colleague who lives in the compound did not hear gunshots when asked early that morning neither did people in the vicinity plus it Happened at the start of the rainy season and there's no leak in the house but the hole was still there when I last visited

You mean the roof is not leaking even though there's a bullet hole visible on the roof?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by advanceDNA: 6:58am On Dec 26, 2021
dingbang:

When your village people are ready...., , circumstances that has less than 20 percent chance of happening will suddenly become possible...

This is not the first time I’m seeing this...
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by ThinkSmarter: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2021
dingbang:

lol u have already explained the physics and that is the truth.
With ur knowledge of projectile motion, the bullet moves with an in initial velocity u when fired, it travels in a trajectory path and reaches a maximum height h, then it start coming down taking same curve, depending on the angle of inclination of the gun to the horizontal.
The final velocity v is only zero when it hits the ground.
ie the velocity of the bullet started decreasing gradually from the point it started falling after reaching maxH.
it had low impact cuz the bullets velocity is in its old age.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dingbang(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2021
advanceDNA:

When your village people are ready...., , circumstances that has less than 20 percent chance of happening will suddenly become possible...

This is not the first time I’m seeing this...
cheesy
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by ThinkSmarter: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2021
erico2k2:

see bro, stop arguing with that boy, rather learn from him.
a=acceleration( that varies) like ur moving car, moving bicycle, moving football, moving stone.
While G,g=acceleration also bu specifically the acceleration brought about by the earth's gravitational pull when an object is exibiting an upward or downward (vertical motion only) in respect to the earth's gravitational pull which happens vertically only.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Throws Her Nigerian Husband Stuffs Out Of His Own Home (pic/vid) / Wedding Rings Only / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.