Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? (697 Views)

Which Of These Two Laptops Would You Buy? / Which Is Better Among These Two Laptops? / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
Good evening all
I want to get a UK used HP laptop, I have two options and I will need a good suggestions on the one to pick.
The first is ProBook which has 8GB ram and 500GB HDD storage capacity which is #110k while the second one is Elitebook which has 12GB ram and 160GB SSD storage capacity which is #150k.
Which is the best option to go for?
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by daddytime(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
Unigrad:
Good evening all
I want to get a UK used HP laptop, I have two options and I will need a good suggestions on the one to pick.
The first is ProBook which has 8GB ram and 500GB HDD storage capacity which is #110k while the second one is Elitebook which has 12GB ram and 160GB SSD storage capacity which is #150k.

The second.
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Bmaster(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lol

It depends on what you'll be doing with it oo.

But if I'm to suggest,go for the #150k.
It's costlier yes,but for a reason!!!
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bmaster:
Lol

It depends on what you'll be doing with it oo.

But if I'm to suggest,go for the #150k.
It's costlier yes,but for a reason!!!
Can you give me your reasons?
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Bmaster(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Unigrad:

Can you give me your reasons?
I suggested for the one of #150k base on it has more higher RAM capacity than the one of 110k
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Holymann(m): 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Unigrad:
Good evening all
From the little I've read about computers, Higher RAM + SSD means the second one would be faster. Secondly the Elitebook series is generally seen to be one tier above the ProBook
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Zephyr1: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2021
RAM and SSD are not enough to know the one to go for. What is the generation of processor? Is it AMD or intel? Is i5 or i7? Does it have dedicated graphics memory and if yes, is it Nvidia or AMD? These are things to know before spending on laptop not RAM SIZE AND SSD. Besides, 160 GB SSD will fill up quicker than you anticipate and 4GB RAM doesn't justify the price difference. You need to state more of the specifications to be properly guided. Good luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Zephyr1:
RAM and SSD is not enough to know the one to go for. What is the generation of processor? Is it AMD or intel? Is i5 or i7? Does it have dedicated graphics memory and if yes, is it Nvidia or AMD? These are things to know before spending on laptop not RAM SIZE AND SSD. Besides, 160 GB SSD will fill up quicker than you anticipate and 4GB RAM doesn't justify the price difference. You need to state more of the specifications to be properly guided. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
That's for the 8Gb ram
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Zephyr1:
RAM and SSD is not enough to know the one to go for. What is the generation of processor? Is it AMD or intel? Is i5 or i7? Does it have dedicated graphics memory and if yes, is it Nvidia or AMD? These are things to know before spending on laptop not RAM SIZE AND SSD. Besides, 160 GB SSD will fill up quicker than you anticipate and 4GB RAM doesn't justify the price difference. You need to state more of the specifications to be properly guided. Good luck!

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Zephyr1: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
Pick the ProBook if it is guaranteed 'new' as advertised. Reason: larger screen, same gen and grade of the processor as the Elitebook, more storage capacity and you can use the extra cash to upgrade it to your taste if you know your way around it.

If the Probook is not 'new' as advertised, go for the Elitebook (try bargaining a bit more), you will need to buy external storage as time goes on since the storage will fill up in no time.
Best of Luck!

PS: Do ensure you know who you are buying from by reading reviews and investigating as well to avoid another story.
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Unigrad: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
Zephyr1:
Pick the ProBook if it is guaranteed 'new' as advertised. Reason: larger screen, same gen and grade of the processor as the Elitebook, more storage capacity and you can use the extra cash to upgrade it to your taste if you know your way around it.

If the Probook is not 'new' as advertised, go for the Elitebook (try bargaining a bit more), you will need to buy external storage as time goes on since the storage will fill up in no time.
Best of Luck!

PS: Do ensure you know who you are buying from by reading reviews and investigating as well to avoid another story.
Thanks so much for the advice.
The both laptops are UK used laptops and not brand New.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Kirkman: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Elite book is higher than a probook in all ramifications. Probook is an E class and Elitebook is an S class. grin
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by udemzyudex(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
Kirkman:
Elite book is higher than a probook in all ramifications. Probook is an E class and Elitebook is an S class. grin

The truth is some of them uses the same motherboard,same processor the only difference is just the features and design.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Buktu: 12:31am On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Unigrad post=108836190][/quote]

Please which site is this?
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Kirkman: 5:54am On Dec 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

The truth is some of them uses the same motherboard,same processor the only difference is just the features and design.
As for that you are very right sir. Won't dispute you on that.
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Go For? by Deicide: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
160gb SSD how? I never hear that one before o hmm

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be The Fault To This Laptop? / Dell E7450 Core I5 Motherboard For Sale / A Big Thanks To Bigrovar And All 'em Computer Guru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.