Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) (35865 Views)

What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Tennessee Pastor Tackles Gunman During Church Service( Pics, Video) / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
Check back my reply on celebration of Easter.
The last supper part of it is where drinking of wine and breaking of bread is done.

Thats the only place Jesus commanded merriment of some sorts.

If you decide to add partying, killing goats and rams , you are doing that on your own.
Jesus Christ did not command merriment... instead He commanded the eating of His body and drinking of His blood in His name - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30. undecided

Read scripture for yourselves and learn not to insert your personal delusion to what is written therein.. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Piptocoin: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Check back my reply on celebration of Easter.
The last supper part of it is where drinking of wine and breaking of bread is done.

Thats the only place Jesus commanded merriment of some sorts.

If you decide to add partying, killing goats and rams , you are doing that on your own.

The Last Supper has nada to do with Easter directly or remotely. stop twisting scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by saddler: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Piptocoin:

does this mean you will no longer celebrate Easter?

Stop quoting me. You can add whatever you fit into your religious worship even if it is not instructed in the bible and Jesus didn't do it.
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by aryzgreat: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Piptocoin:

does this mean you will no longer celebrate Easter?

grin cheesy grin

Nice question lol.

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by saddler: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Piptocoin:

The Last Supper has nada to do with Easter directly or remotely. stop twisting scriptures.

I have heard you sir.
Have a nice day.
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by saddler: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not command merriment... instead He commanded the eating of His body and drinking of His blood in His name - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30. undecided

Read scripture for yourselves and learn not to insert your personal delusion to what is written therein.. undecided

So what does Jesus meant when he said do this in remembrance of me?

What should the disciples do?

Is breaking bread and drinking wine not merriment?
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by aryzgreat: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Break bread and drink wine which is his body and blood in his rememberance
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ayo081:
You are called to the following of the New Covenant, not the Life of Jesus Christ. You are called to doing as Jesus Christ commands - in His name - not what you desire. He never asked us to celebrate His birthday or His death in His name. So why celebrate that which He never asked of you? undecided

What do you gain from such vain worship of Him? undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by saddler: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
aryzgreat:

Break bread and drink wine which is his body and blood in his rememberance

Breaking bread and drinking wine is what?
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
When i said " celebration of Easter " that part where Jesus asked his disciples to always do the breaking of bread and drinking wine is what i meant.

I didn't mention anything about celebrating death and Resurrection.
That part you point out in bold is not Easter. undecided

Easter, as celebrated by your churches, is a supposed celebration of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is sin against Him. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Karleb(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Muslims dey celebrate Christmas.
Atheist dey go village celebrate Christmas with their families.

Now one spiritual bigott will tell me not to celebrate Christmas because of one funny reason. This is one of the reasons why being a Christian is very confusing.

If money no dey, just talk am. Money go dey next year. Make we celebrate Christmas joor! cheesy wink

3 Likes

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Ayo081(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are called to the following of the New Covenant, not the Life of Jesus Christ. You are called to doing as Jesus Christ commands - in His name - not what you desire. He never asked us to celebrate His birthday or His death in His name. So why celebrate that which He never asked of you? undecided

I gain from His birth and death which is/are praiseworthy and that doesn't stop me from obeying his commandments undecided

3 Likes

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
SaintBishop:
What are you even saying? You know weiting you they talk at all? If there's no official day to worship God,why did God command the Israelites to keep the Sabbath day holy? Oga if you no know your Onions no they quote me unnecessary.
I like how you gave it to him hot hot. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Theunderman: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
SaintBishop:
If as a Christian you go to church on Sundays then you are not a true Christan. Neither jesus or his disciples went to church on Sundays.
Because did the Bible you that the church was fully organised during Jesus time, it was after the death and the Ascension of Jesus that the church became organised and started worship on Sunday.
You people judge the Bible as if you wrote them. If you don't want to be a Christian , DNT judge the Bible
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by IbileIfe: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
True Christians dont celebrate Christmas.

Neither Jesus nor his Disciples celebrated their birthdays.

Jesus knew about birthday celebration but yet didnt do it. His disciples knew about birthday celebration but didn't do it and now you are celebrating the birthday of Jesus for him.

Are you more knowledgeable, righteous and holy than Jesus or his disciples?

If birthday was a good thing to celebrate, wouldn't Jesus or his disciples have celebrated their birthday?

Be wise

What is honourable to Almighty God is acceptable to honour him.

◄ 1 Samuel 2:30 ►

“Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the LORD declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained."

Mark 9:37-41:
"36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,

37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward."

2 Likes

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Piptocoin: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Stop quoting me. You can add whatever you fit into your religious worship even if it is not instructed in the bible and Jesus didn't do it.

typical. same old, same old. lies and falsity will always crush under the weight of truth. all my questions to you have uncovered the loopholes in your argument which is, at best, premature and lacks substance.

2 Likes

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
You are correct. Some parts of the Easter celebration are wrong and are acts derived from idolatry.

The only part that should be associated with drinking and braking of bread is the last supper.
There is no "some parts" to the way your Easter is celebrated in your churches. Easter, as prescribed by your churches is antiChrist aka against God. It is prescribed as the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ which is wrong and against God.. undecided

Eating of last supper, as commanded by Jesus Christ, is a practice that can be done anyday of the week and needs no special day for. So, stop pretending it has something to do with what is in fact the pagan/secular Holiday that is Easter. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by aryzgreat: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Breaking bread and drinking wine is what?

Communion
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
IbileIfe:
What is honourable to Almighty God is acceptable to honour him.

◄ 1 Samuel 2:30 ►

“Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the LORD declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained."

Mark 9:37-41:
"36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,

37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward."
I don't see how any of what you have quotes here has to do with the comment you responded to . undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Karleb(m): 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
aryzgreat:
[s][/s]

Catholic church compiled the Bible you ignorantly quote

Catholic church moved Saturday worship to Sunday

Catholic church fixes Easter, pentecost, for you every year

Catholic church fixed 25th December as Christmas day

Start your protest by rejecting all these celebrations and fix yours.

Until then, you are blabbing.

It's the reason I always laugh when we protestants call the catholics unbeliever.

It's like saying your biological father is not a member of your family.

We are one very funny set of people. grin

Let's not even talk about how the catholic Bible books are more than the pentecostal's, or how these books are compiled. How some were rejected by the catholics and all that.

Atimes, ignorance is bliss!

Let's celebrate Christmas! grin

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Remember celebrating Christmas by eating and drinking is not wrong in itself.

The wrong thing about Christmas is tagging Jesus Christ with it.

Christmas can be anything but what Jesus stood for.

Christmas should not be seen as a Jesus Christ birthday thing because he never instructed thst his birthday be celebrated. His disciples never celebrated their birthdays nor that of Jesus.

I wouldn't have a problem with Christmas if it was tagged " Thanksgiving day" or Appreciating God's day.
This is because you can decide to appreciate God for diverse things anyday. This falls in line with the Roman 14, 5-6.
But saying its christ birthday is very wrong.
You people are just fond of promoting silly and vain arguments. Some people put aside a day to celebrate and reflect on the greatest gift ever given and you tell them not to do it because Jesus did not do it. How can you guys be rigid like that? Okay Jesus never went to church on Sunday, Oya go and build synagogues and be going there on Saturdays too. Jesus read scrolls and not Bible, go and get your scrolls and discard your Bible. Jesus never drove a car, throw away your car and buy a donkey please! Very irrelevant argument!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by aryzgreat: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
Karleb:

It's the reason I always laugh when we protestants call the catholics unbeliever.

It's like saying your biological father is not a member of your family.

We are one very funny set of people. grin

Let's not even talk about how the catholic Bible books are more than the pentecostal's, or how these books are compiled. How some were rejected by the catholics and all that.

Atimes, ignorance is bliss!

Let's celebrate Christmas! grin

Leave them to keep protesting till Christ comes.

The Irony is that they protest among themselves, why we have many protestant churches breaking from each other.

Understanding differs

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Theunderman:

Because did the Bible you that the church was fully organised during Jesus time, it was after the death and the Ascension of Jesus that the church became organised and started worship on Sunday.
You people judge the Bible as if you wrote them. If you don't want to be a Christian , DNT judge the Bible
Actually, those of you who submit yourselves to the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches), that which Jesus Christ said were lies to decieve men away from following the Truth of God, are against God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to attend your churches in His name so be warned. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by DeeMain(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
grandstar:

In Exodus chapter 32, the Israelites built a golden calf and started a celebration around it and termed it a "a festival to God (Read 32:5-6). " Did Jehovah approve of that ceremony?

The celebration angered God and it led to the death of 3,000 people because despite its claim to be a festival to the true God, it was really a pagan festival! He wasn't fooled.

Christmas likewise, is steeped in Paganism. Jesus is actually the sun god Saturnalia. The gift giving was also a part of that celebration. I think it was to ward off evil.

The first white settlers in America did not celebrate Christmas. They regarded it as a pagan festival.

True Christians are admonished to "stop touching the unclean thing." (Read 2 Cor 6:14-18). You too should!

Why not visit www jw.org and start a free online bible study? It is the best decision you can take, to come to accurate knowledge of the Truth (Read John 17:3). Start Now!

Can you read yourself? You wrote yourself they carved a golden calf to worship. Where did the Christians celebrating Christmas erect golden calves or pagan gods? Is the day not set aside for God?

Why are you comparing oranges to apples?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Bluntemperor: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Mr woke...it doesn't matter what you include in your religious worship. You can decide to incorporate juju worship into your Christian worship , nobody hold you.

True Christians know it is wrong to celebrate Jesus birthday like the worldly people do.

So,when is your authority chosen to celebrate or remember the day the Savior came down in human flesh, to save humanity from death,depravation, sorrow and declared His authority over the Universe and a confirmation to what the Phrophet had been fore- told(- Isaiah-9v6 'for into us a child is born,unto us a SON is given')
Why don't you choose any day to go to govt- Offices because you want it your way!

3 Likes

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by IbileIfe: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't see how any of what you have quotes here has to do with the comment you responded to . undecided
What those arguing.about here are irrelevant.

Whoever chooses to celebrate and honour Almighty God has the right to do
so on any date anytime and anywhere.
As long as whatever they do is Honourable to Almighty God.
Whether our MESSIAH JESUS Christ asked for it or not.
I don't argue from human knowledge..
This is not a debate and it not subject to any dispute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You people are just fond of promoting silly and vain arguments. Some people put aside a day to celebrate and reflect on the greatest gift ever given and you tell them not to do it because Jesus did not do it. How can you guys be rigid like that? Okay Jesus never went to church on Sunday, Oya go and build synagogues and be going there on Saturdays too. Jesus read scrolls and not Bible, go and get your scrolls and discard your Bible. Jesus never drove a car, throw away your car and buy a donkey please! Very irrelevant argument!
Nobody has permission or authority to decree anything in the name of Jesus Christ. It is wrong to follow the doctrines and traditions of men in the name of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
IbileIfe:

What those arguing.about here are irrelevant.

Whoever chooses to celebrate and honour Almighty God has the right to do
so on any date anytime and anywhere.
As long as whatever they do is Honourable to Almighty God.
Whether our MESSIAH JESUS Christ asked for it or not.
I don't argue from human knowledge..
This is not a debate and it not subject to any dispute.

The only way to Honor God is to obey His actual teachings and commandments to you. It is written there in scripture for you to know. undecided

You claim you don't argue from human knowledge, yet none of what you claim is of God. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ayo081:
I gain from His birth and death which is/are praiseworthy and that doesn't stop me from obeying his commandments undecided
Try to focus on what is being said here...

Here's a thought... Jesus Christ He does not desire praise from humans. So this Praise you speak of, whose is it?, Yours? Certainly not His since He said He doesn't desire your praise of Him. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Samanza89: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
True Christians dont celebrate Christmas.

Neither Jesus nor his Disciples celebrated their birthdays.

Jesus knew about birthday celebration but yet didnt do it. His disciples knew about birthday celebration but didn't do it and now you are celebrating the birthday of Jesus for him.

Are you more knowledgeable, righteous and holy than Jesus or his disciples?

If birthday was a good thing to celebrate, wouldn't Jesus or his disciples have celebrated their birthday?

Be wise

May God bless you and your generations unborn!..
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Is breaking bread and drinking wine not merriment?
1. Jesus Christ said, again, to eat His Body and drink His blood in remembrance of Him - the New New Covenant agreement between God and individuals - Matthew 26 vs 24 - 30. undecided

2. His followers are expected to do exactly as Jesus Christ commanded. undecided

3. Is this akin to saying that whenever I eat, I do so in merriment?, undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by MrMacinterchi1: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Going to Church on sundays isnt same as celebrating Christmas.

And Christians aren't restricted to sunday worship.

Churches these days have midweek programs and Church services are now about when the church feels most of the members can attend.

And the argument about Christmas is not about the month (December) nor the day (25th). Its about if it should be celebrated at all.

Jesus didn't authorize or instruct his followers to celebrate his birth day in the first place, so its not about the day nor month of celebration.
All these reasoning and logics you have used to make sense of what you believe in, where is it written in the Bible?

did Jesus instructed it, practiced it ?
or his disciples and apostle.

You should understand that everything has a limit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / My Article Not Directed At Oyedepo - Poju Oyemade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.