Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,742 members, 7,813,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes (35815 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Dorischuks: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2019
Ikhide Ikheloa, popularly known as Pa Ikhide, has criticized Africans for still believing in the Bible and the 'White man's God.

The literary critic said the Bible "is a great work of fiction" and "a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children, and the vulnerable."

He wrote on Facebook:

"Unpopular opinion: The bible is a great work of fiction, a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children and the vulnerable. It is homophobic and racist and to the extent that white slave hunters prayed over captured warriors from West Africa with the bible before they were shipped off to be slaves, it boggles my mind that an African would look at that bible and not hiss in disgust. Their God looked away during the middle passage as millions of Africans perished during the slave trade. We had our own religion before the coming of the white man. What is wrong with us? We are our own slaves. Onugo of my people lives in me.

"Open your eyes. Nonsense.

"Good morning."

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/literary-critic-ikhide-ikheloa-criticizes-africans-still-believe-bible/

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by jidenna21(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
He made a very good point. Religion has failed totally. It divides more than it unites. This why China banned this nonsense called religion their country is more peaceful than all these stupid African countries

168 Likes 18 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by JeromeBlack: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by hopefulLandlord: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
okay

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Grupo(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
Every sane man knows that the Bible is nothing but a clever work of fiction meant to entertain women and children.

132 Likes 27 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by BigBrother9ja: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
grin
Some days ago, some foolish sheeps were drolling and hurling abuses at other religion worshippers, claiming that their story book (baibu) was copied to make other religious books grin
I was just laughing. No sensible person will even think that. Some of these religions were even existing before the SLAVE MASTERS brought christainity so, who copied who
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SOOOOOOOOOO FOOLISH?
SOME PALE-SKINNED PIGS INVADED YOUR LAND,
TRICKED YOU WITH SOME STORY BOOK(BAIBU)
ENSLAVED YOUR PEOPLE
STOLE YOUR TREASURES
RAPED YOUR WOMEN
AND TRADED SOME OF YOUR KINGSMEN TO THEIR LAND TO BE USED AS SLAVE
WHILE THEY CONTINUED TO PREACH THE BULLSHlT STORIES TO YOU AND THEY CONTINUED TO BELIEVE THEM...

HOW FOOLISH CAN PEOPLE BE?

77 Likes 17 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by sparog(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please who is he cos we don't know him here in Abakaliki

grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by BigBrother9ja: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
The SLAVERS needed something to use to entice the sheep and they fabricated a storybook...
I'm still waiting for their miracle to make one regrow a LOST LIMBS.
Or
Maybe until we have a BLACK POPE...

MEANWHILE,
SEE fascinating quotes...
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

37 Likes 15 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by GenFunction: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
EYYYA,BOBO NO GET BRAIN undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Daviddson(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lol. I laugh at Nigerians who study small Literature, Philosophy, Law, and think they've become too woke and the next thing is for them to begin throwing jabs at the Bible and then becoming atheist.
Alas most of them are in one secret cult or even more. Who are they worshipping or getting favors from in those cults, if spiritual powers don't exist? It's a senseless platitude to continue over repeating the statement that the British used Christianity to colonize people. How come they didn't do much of evangelical work in Arab countries, but still colonized them all the same?
jidenna21:
He made a very good point. Religion has failed totally. It divides more than it unites. This why China banned this nonsense called religion their country is more peaceful than all these stupid African countries
Mention one country including China that 'banned' religion that respects human rights. None. They only banned formal religion and replaced it with state and their leaders being the god. In North Korea, citizens are mandated to hang the portraits of their Supreme Leader in their homes and bow to it in reverence. That's quasi-religion!
Naajjii:

What do you mean by human rights? Is it human right as defined by White western people? What is right in one society may be wrong in another society. Chinese culture is totally different from white people culture so also is black people culture.
Are you saying the Chinese are not a member of the United Nations whose sub-agency came up with the definition of 'human rights' ?
musicwriter:

Colonialism didn't pan out exactly the same way in all countries. For example; India was thoroughly colonized but they managed to keep their religions. So were Arabs. After 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th crusades, Arabs refused to give up their God (Allah) but your ancestors gave up theirs. You should be worried about that instead of rejoicing with your conqueror. Do you hate yourself so much that you support someone who conquered your ancestors?
FYI, this statement is fallacy. The Crusade was not a jihad to convert non Christians to Christians. It was a war fought by the Catholic to take BACK Jerusalem from the hands of the Arabs who had seized it through the Ottomans. And did British missionaries ever force Africans to abandon their traditional religion? The answer is no. That's the difference between the Christians and the Muslims.

161 Likes 20 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by nextstep(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Very good point. I hope more Africans will open their eyes.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by VenusEAGLE: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
People are always quick to bring down Biblical narrative just because Christians are accommodating and not violent.

Why not try this with Islam? Post it that their Quran is a work of fiction.

Even on Nairaland Seun has decided to protect their religion yet exposed Christianity to barge of insults

RUBBISH Rubbish RUBBISH
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think i agree with this man. The Bible should be banned from the surface of the earth. It has outlived it's usefulness. I admire countries like Saudi Arabia that won't tolerate a copy of the evil Bible in it shores sad
AM not a big fan of stupid people but you are exceptional

208 Likes 21 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by blindjustice13(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
But your own religion could not save you either from the white slave masters after all the goats ,chickens and even human sacrifice (in some tribes) you did before the white slave masters came with their own. undecided

All those otumokpor did not protect your ancestors from gun powder . In the end science and technology is the real winner over all.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by lathrowinger: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
To some extent, the man is actually right. U could imaging all this fake pastors telling lies everywhere. May God bless the real ones... For now. TB Joshua and Daddy freeze are my real pastors. Still searching for more anyway.

10 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Xbee007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Grupo:
Every sane man knows that the Bible is nothing but a clever work of fiction meant to entertain women and children.
No, it was meant to petrify women and children. Hearing the description of hellfire alone will give you serious nightmares.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by sotall(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bible and Koran inclusive.

Religion is scam

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thanks you sir.

Oba Akenzua II said

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by sean079: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by NOL2dworld(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Making Jesus your best friend will help U to rewrite your life and family history..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Neddstark: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
A fool says in his heart "There is no God".

Only sick atheists will quote me to insult me

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by daddytime(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Very sensitive topic to broach with our over emotional religious Nigerians.

I respect the man's guts..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by YoungLionken(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Southerners are usually not known to be this foolish, but Mr Ikhide why?!

Why won't we believe the Bible when the Europeans who brought it came with proofs?

This 'I know it all' attitude is what landed and launched us into the space of mass confusion and corruption in Nigeria...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by ugochukwufrenzy: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
I believe in God and Jesus his son.I also believe in the holy bible.oga swerve abeg

11 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by glamorousbluice(f): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Atheist embarassed

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by KwoiZabo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
My wife was misbehaving, when I activated some crippling sanctions on her, her family quickly pushed their pastor to come and appeal to my religious app, they never knew I have uninstalled it. I told him that God does not have a religion and he was shocked. Truly the Bible is full of fiction and a tool of oppression. Nice words ~ Team Agnostics.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bollocks!

2 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Xisnin(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
He is not saying anything new.
The bible is a fiction mixed with Jewish folklores forced down the throat of Africans
through conquest, deception and brainwashing.

44 Likes 14 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

''i Gave Oyedepo Occultic Power: Police Arrest Publisher Of End-time Magazine / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? / RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.