Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Japan Or Singapore - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japan Or Singapore (22841 Views)

Japan Or South Korea / Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / New Advise On How To Travel To Hong Kong Or Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japan Or Singapore by Simvan: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
Please try and ignore my punctuation errors.

I have plans to study robotics after getting my bsc degree in Nigeria, and I am here to find out from those that have idea on how things go in both countries(Japan and Singapore), with regards to;
1. Cost of living.
2. Where can I get a better degree.
3. My chance of being accepted in their university.
4. My chance of getting a job after graduating.

Please if you have a better suggestions aside the two countries I gave, I am open to learning from you.

12 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by shawante(m): 2:04am On Dec 27, 2021
I'll go with Singapore cuz they speak English and I think they will be more welcoming than Japan

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Simvan:

1. Cost of living.
2. Where can I get a better degree.
3. My chance of being accepted in their university.
4. My chance of getting a job after graduating.

Please if you have a better suggestions aside the two countries I gave, I am open to learning from you.

1. Neither is affordable.
2. Neither offers an especially competitive international education.
3. Both will gladly accept you to any uni and take your money while telling you the education is competitive.
4. Singapore is racist. There's no jobs there for you unless you're already working for a foreign firm that sends you there. Even if there were, you would be treated terribly. Japan is also racist. The only jobs available to you are English teaching and factory work. In both jobs, you likely won't be paid (or paid barely anything), will be abused, and will be in unsafe conditions. Japan also has no laws against racism. And any labor laws in Asia mean nothing. Ask any well-educated Asian in a real profession how much those labor laws mean, and watch them laugh. Asia is not Europe. It just looks the part. Don't be fooled.

Focus on west Europe and North America.

340 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

1. Neither is affordable.
2. Neither offers an especially competitive international education.
3. Both will gladly accept you to any uni and take your money while telling you the education is competitive.
4. Singapore is racist. There's no jobs there for you unless you're already working for a foreign firm that sends you there. Even if there were, you would be treated terribly. Japan is also racist. The only jobs available to you are English teaching and factory work. In both jobs, you likely won't be paid (or paid barely anything), will be abused, and will be in unsafe conditions. Japan also has no laws against racism. And any labor laws in Asia mean nothing. Ask any well-educated Asian in a real profession how much those labor laws mean, and watch them laugh. Asia is not Europe. It just looks the part. Don't be fooled.

Focus on west Europe and North America.

Thanks but i do not agree with your assertions, and as such i will speak for Japan.
1. Japan is relatively affordable. tuition in National universities is 600,000 yen annually. and masters programs are 2 years research program.
2. Japan offers competitive international education. do not take my word for it, simply google and check the QS world university rankings.
3. All schools in the world will take your money. The issue is what would you learn. Masters programs in Japan are research based not course work.
4. everyone is racist. English and factory work becomes the only job option available to you if you refuse to even learn basic japanese. in the IT field in which i suppose robotics belongs to , you don't need to be fluent to get jobs in that field. Infact with a college degree and experience , it is far more easier for you to get a job in IT field and in Factory. I know some many foreigners working for micro pressor and semi conductor companies in Saitama and Hiroshima, with basic japanese language ability. if also in doubt check LinkedIn Japanese job page.

In summary, would it be tough, hell YES,
Would it be worth it, SUPER HELL YES.
Would you look back and say i am glad i chose Japan to study... HELL YES with all the struggles japan will throw at you.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 10:01am On Dec 27, 2021
blackbriar:

Thanks but i do not agree with your assertions, and as such i will speak for Japan.
1. Japan is relatively affordable. tuition in National universities is 600,000 yen annually. and masters programs are 2 years research program.
2. Japan offers competitive international education. do not take my word for it, simply google and check the QS world university rankings.
3. All schools in the world will take your money. The issue is what would you learn. Masters programs in Japan are research based not course work.
4. everyone is racist. English and factory work becomes the only job option available to you if you refuse to even learn basic japanese. in the IT field in which i suppose robotics belongs to , you don't need to be fluent to get jobs in that field. Infact with a college degree and experience , it is far more easier for you to get a job in IT field and in Factory. I know some many foreigners working for micro pressor and semi conductor companies in Saitama and Hiroshima, with basic japanese language ability. if also in doubt check LinkedIn Japanese job page.

In summary, would it be tough, hell YES,
Would it be worth it, SUPER HELL YES.
Would you look back and say i am glad i chose Japan to study... HELL YES with all the struggles japan will throw at you.

^ People like this promote Japan because they're paid to do it. Why?
- They're an agent.
- They work for universities.
- They're a scammer.

All of the individuals above are trying to sell you a dream, and hoping your ignorance and/or desperation is stronger than your common sense.

I know it's hard to judge what's true if you just don't have accurate information, experience, or know anyone you trust. I also recognize that the west heavily promotes Japan as a good place. But that's just not true. Even foreigners who go there under the best circumstances (foreign firm, high paying jobs) don't see it that way.

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

^ People like this promote Japan because they're paid to do it. Why?
- They're an agent.
- They work for universities.
- They're a scammer.

All of the individuals above are trying to sell you a dream, and hoping your ignorance and/or desperation is stronger than your common sense.

I know it's hard to judge what's true if you just don't have accurate information, experience, or know anyone you trust. I also recognize that the west heavily promotes Japan as a good place. But that's just not true. Even foreigners who go there under the best circumstances (foreign firm, high paying jobs) don't see it that way.

Please point out anything i have said that seems like a scam.
I am no agent , neither i have claimed to be one, nor tried to provide any services here.
I also do not work for any university in Japan.
Japanese universities do not use recruitment agent.
All admission process to Japanese universities is paper work based.
You print all the required admissions forms , fill and send by post.
So what is the false hope i have offered?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2021
blackbriar:

Please point out anything i have said that seems like a scam.
I am no agent , neither i have claimed to be one, nor tried to provide any services here.
I also do not work for any university in Japan.
Japanese universities do not use recruitment agent.
All admission process to Japanese universities is paper work based.
You print all the required admissions forms , fill and send by post.
So what is the false hope i have offered?

^This person is probably Asian. lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2021
[redacted]
Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Another post from blackbriar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

^This person is probably Asian. lol
Okay now no be scam again.
it is na wether i be chinko?
I don laff tire.
Mehn naija, once person no gree with you , the person automatically becomes scammer.
Weldon.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
Better go to Japan. You gain citizenship and permanent residency after 5 years. Singapore nothing for you. God forbid you come back to the zoo after your studies.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 3:26am On Dec 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Better go to Japan. You gain citizenship and permanent residency after 5 years. Singapore nothing for you. God forbid you come back to the zoo after your studies.

@cousin9999 , another Asian??

13 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Cousin9999: 7:57am On Dec 28, 2021
blackbriar:

@cousin9999 , another Asian??

Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2021
Cousin9999:

lol. smiley smiley wink wink wink
Thanks for the attachment.
To the matter at hand.
I think Japan seems to be a fair choice.
Wouldn't you agree?

5 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by peppermint7(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cousin9999:
Another post from blackbriar.
Anybody wer support hitler for this life na evil person
Tueh

14 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by BKayy: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by SultanOfPuna: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Japan Or Singapore by mutantninja: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan

1 Like

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Imustreturn(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Savagecontents: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
shawante:
I'll go with Singapore cuz they speak English and I think they will be more welcoming than Japan
You think even though you've never cross boarder in your owe life

3 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by RichDad1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan - hustling
Singapore - Leisure

3 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by sylve11: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmmm cool
Re: Japan Or Singapore by tiswell(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan bro

2 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
@Queensuccubus

Come and say something
Re: Japan Or Singapore by ATEAMS: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Japan ANYTIME ANYDAY

2 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by rezzy: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Dubai

Or

I don't know

Following
Re: Japan Or Singapore by Deiks: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Go Japan jare their girls dey fine at least if your head no feat learn anything try learn sumarai or ninja work all na certificate you gat nothing to lose

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by mastermaestro(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Avoid both places for your own good. Asia?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan Or Singapore by iLegendd(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Singapore when I want to flex and enjoy life.

Japan when I want to acquire technological skills.

1. Cost of living. Singapore is more expensive. Everything is high standard.
2. Where can I get a better degree. Both — they have affiliation with lots of UK and US schools.
3. My chance of being accepted in their university. Singapore — they speak English — Singlish
4. My chance of getting a job after graduating. Both — as long as you can handle the job and not become a scammer.

If you want to meet more people and make great connections, go to Singapore. It's a multicultural country/Island.

Though, it's smaller than Japan, but you won't even notice it because it has more than you can finish.

Great nightlife to help you mingle with people from all over the world. But, stay away from crime or lose your life to dealth penalty.

20 Likes

Re: Japan Or Singapore by fisayodayo: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Why not try Germany.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Father Of 9 Away While Saving His Cassava In Anambra / 144 Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya Amid Slave Trade Crisis. Photos / How Do You Get A Visa Appointment @ Austrian Embassy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.