Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck (29756 Views)

Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / SUV Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Lagos, 2 Feared Dead, Others Injured (Graphi / Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Koralords: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2021
I keep telling people if dangote was in the USA he would be bankrupt from the compensation he would have paid victims family,lost count of the amount of accidents that involves his vehicles

3 Likes

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Explorers(m): 10:08am On Dec 27, 2021
So sad.
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by santakris(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by ThierryJay: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
I Dont understand
You say there were 4 occupants in the car

How can a woman and her 2 kids die and nothing happen to the driver

Where is the driver?

The driver survived. From the pic, you can see that he instinctively protected himself by swerving the vehicle to allow the passenger side take the impact of the collision with the truck, killing madam and 2 daughters in the process.

Driver was reckless and was indirectly responsible for the sad deaths of the family.

2 Likes

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by unitysheart(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2021
xcesspaschal:
Mother n daughters oh God.
Ozoemena (let another no happen)

Daysis be long.
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Dcoy: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
I Dont understand

Where is the driver?
Look at the picture, like most drivers he swerved to protect himself, that's why I prefer sitting behind the driver most times, it's safest, even though that not the case here, which is due to the serious impact
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by o9o9: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2021
ThierryJay:

The driver survived. From the pic, you can see that he instinctively protected himself by swerving the vehicle to allow the passenger side take the impact of the collision with the truck, killing madam and 2 daughters in the process.

Driver was reckless and was indirectly responsible for the sad deaths of the family.

Doubt that . Lokely he had seat belts on and most have suffered a lot injuries to his legs. His front was also damaged from the pictures. Yeah the right passenger side suffered more damage but i guess the deaths from the back was largely caused because the occupants at the back weren't strapped in (i.e wearing seat belts).

Likely they were ejected on impact and flunged at crazy speeds against the stationery truck. That's instant death. It would take a miracle to survive such. Even surviving such would lead to almost a life strapped to a bed for decades.

Please guys the seat belts at the back isn't for decoration. Always wear them.

Also Nigerians should stop running like mad people. Use your cruise Control. Limit speeds to less than 100km and max 120km on straight roads where you can see almost 200m ahead.

I cannot wrap my head around why someone would be doing 160km on Nigerian roads. That's suicidal. And lots of cars weave past you at such speeds on a daily basis.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by aaking(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
I Dont understand

Where is the driver?

The woman and her daughter may not use seat belts while does sitting at the front seat use seat belt
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by kjhova(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2021
WetinUGain:
Seriously, just thinking. What is stopping the building of train from Lagos to the East...What is actually the problem..

Lagos to the East train transportation is a viable economic sense.

Our railway system is still essentially the way the British colonial government left it. The system was simply a north-to-south system for freighting agricultural produce ad mineral resources from the hinterland to the port for onward shipment to the UK. It wasn't exactly meant to ease transportation for the natives...that was only a fall out of the existence of the railway. This is why our main trunk till tomorrow are Kano-Lagos and Maiduguri-Port Harcourt.

All of the railway projects in recent times, since the days of Jonathan till Buhari have been based on the existing system. Nigeria has not designated a new rail line since 1957!

So yes, Lagos-Benin-Onitsha-Aba-PH looks like a good deal on paper, but the truth is that this country doesn't have the funds for such project and would really have to suck up big time to a major wealthy nation to source loans for such project. Now if you run China, won't you be wary to fund such project in Nigeria seeing all of the insecurity and risk to ROI?

2 Likes

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by ayandee: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2021
o9o9:

Doubt that . Lokely he had seat belts on and most have suffered a lot injuries to his legs. His front was also damaged from the pictures. Yeah the right passenger side suffered more damage but i guess the deaths from the back was largely caused because the occupants at the back weren't strapped in (i.e wearing seat belts).

Likely they were ejected on impact and flunged at crazy speeds against the stationery truck. That's instant death. It would take a miracle to survive such. Even surviving such would lead to almost a life strapped to a bed for decades.

Please guys the seat belts at the back isn't for decoration. Always wear them.

Also Nigerians should stop running like mad people. Use your cruise Control. Limit speeds to less than 100km and max 120km on straight roads where you can see almost 200m ahead.

I cannot wrap my head around why someone would be doing 160km on Nigerian roads. That's suicidal. And lots of cars weave past you at such speeds on a daily basis.

very instructive post. 80km per hour should be the benchmark. Our roads arent so great. When you are being driven by someone do not sleep, keep your eyes on the speedometer so you can caution the driver. I like to sit beside the driver. Only God protects but we need to be careful

4 Likes

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by UCHIHAmask: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2021
WetinUGain:
Seriously, just thinking. What is stopping the building of train from Lagos to the East...What is actually the problem..

Lagos to the East train transportation is a viable economic sense.
Hahahaha..
That would increase economic viability of the east,it would also cause increased entourage, visitation or migration to the east leading to more coordinate relationship between the east and West....a win-win for the east
Now who would want that?
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by kjhova(m): 10:37am On Dec 27, 2021
Koralords:
I keep telling people if dangote was in the USA he would be bankrupt from the compensation he would have paid victims family,lost count of the amount of accidents that involves his vehicles

People die frequently in America due to accidents with trucks and no American trucking company has folded for such reasons. Also, note that the reporter wasn't specific with the identity of the truck. It could be a truck belonging to any of the Dangote Group companies, or to a franchise or distributor using the Dangote insignia or even to a totally unrelated company who only acquired their truck from the Nigeria truck maker, Dangote Sinotruk!!!

1 Like

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Ginomel(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2021
fineboynl:
RiP. But must they travel. Why can't people learned to stay where they are. We are now in digital age. With video call and money transfer you don't need to go to the village.

Stay were you are and celebrate your Xmas and new year.

With video call, they can do all the occasions they should have attended.

Just hear yourself and reason your statement .

2 Likes

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Jidegaf(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
God please safe our land
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Oizee(f): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2021
fineboynl:
RiP. But must they travel. Why can't people learned to stay where they are. We are now in digital age. With video call and money transfer you don't need to go to the village.

Stay were you are and celebrate your Xmas and new year.
it's not about traveling, I lost someone yesterday evening, he just wanted to get something around and that was the end, peace mass from God knows where killed him, when it's time what can we do? RIP Mr Odion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by jaxxy(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2021
People should be careful of the drivers they employ. Some are totally inexperienced or indisciplined. This is sad.

1 Like

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by inioluwaDaniels(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
I Dont understand

Where is the driver?
The driver fit turn dere side to face d truck wen he knows d accident is inevitable. Thus saying himself the dead woman wld av cautioned him

1 Like

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by jcent2611: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
life ehhh.....2kid u labour for die...not just dat,u dat labour died too...it is well....
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Cti28(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
ppogba:
The truth we don't want to hear is that an average Nigerian road user, be it driver or whatever is extremely reckless, poorly or rarely trained and in a hurry for no just reason.
You are very correct. Very reckless and always in a haste for nothing.
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Bobxin: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
joinnow:

Likely scenario
Driver bumped the right side of the car where the daughter might be sitting at the passenger front sit. Mother sitting possibly on car owner position which is still the right side back sit. Look at the damages suv it's right side impact is seriously serious. Hope you get it

The girl sitting directly behind the driver should have survived
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Starbucks,
Amen in Jesus name.
God bless you for that.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by DExecutivesKit: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
But why can't they travel by air?
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Whoknowsme: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
Yazmin:

Amen ….

But is actually ‘shun’ not ‘churn’.
Typo , perhaps….����
Thanks for the correction. It's typo... error. You know the way keyboard misbehaves when typing
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by Olaosebikan11: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
May their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck by batb: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
ppogba:
The truth we don't want to hear is that an average Nigerian road user, be it driver or whatever is extremely reckless, poorly or rarely trained and in a hurry for no just reason.
God bless you for this comments! I see this kind of drivers everyday! They drive so fast you will think they want to meet Elon Musk only for you to see them down the road buying pure water bag or roasted corn! Nigerians are just uncultured, uncouth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo) / Fake Embassy Found In Lagos, Two Chinese Arrested (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.