Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? (23790 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Need A Professional Writer To Write A 30k-word Book On Senior Fitness / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by jericco1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmm
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Oromoni619: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
You all tried
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by schoolboymatt(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.

GBAM!!
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by taiwofawole: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Depends
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by AutoChick4U(f): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Winneygirl:
Stay on the job.
Set up the business and employ someone.
Remember that fuel subsidy will be removed by next year.
Electricity tariff will go up.
Cost of goods will almost double.
Cost of transportation will triple.
30k is very big money right now.
30k is a big money with the inflation? Lolz

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by miniziter(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
It worth leaving. If you're in Edo, reach out to me to get a moniepoint terminal. You can come to our Ehakpen office incase you're scared of being scammed.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by BrightAhiah(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Let's get things straight...

He's earning #30,000 monthly, hence he's annual gross salary would be #360,000.

He saved #500,000 through the year abi?

My questions now are:
1. Was he getting more money from other sources within this period of savings?
2. While he's annual gross was at #360,000 (30,000 X 12 = 360,000), does it mean that he NEVER used a dime for feeding, rents, medications etc?
3. Lemme allow others to also interrogate him

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
Even if the teaching job were to be 50k, a pos shop is 1000x better. I know because I opened one for my wife in our street, not even a market area, she grosses above 100k monthly profit. Imagine if it was a busy road or market! The pros are, there are no loses, people must patronize you, considering the impending hike in tp due to the coming fuel hike, patronage is bound to increase. The cons are mostly robbery or fraud related.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by coolcare(m): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by gbolswag(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
30k is nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Gracess: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
Your friend can keep his 30k job, hire someone to man the POS business for him. He can be there evenings and weekends to see things for himself and gradually decide for additional items or expansion.

My take.

Meanwhile please check my signature...
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Sukkyy2010: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
I'll not specify my advise but will give you some instances.

I I lost my 60k job last year Nov started Pos in Dec following month. I save up 300k within 4month through my embarked new pos business. Fast forward to September this year I made my first million through it. Last month I bought my first landed property, bought some major furniture mostly needed in a room which the expense cost roughly another 300k all through the Pos business. I give thanks to God almighty because as I'm typing this my account balance is a million in spite all expenses incurred so far.

Glory be to God almighty may God continue blessing me through my little doing.

In your little doing ensure you honour God with your substance( Thithe paying). I believe this also helped me achieved much from little.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Realwvn(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
Tell him to open the shop and employ an high school graduate waiting to go Uni
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
YES!!!
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by gkeyz(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
Newscribe

Looking for a way to make for watching Ads?

Newscrib is best paying platform in Nigeria

Do you have upto 150 views and you are looking for a way to make extra 100k Weekly starting from December 31st �

Join this Group https://www./927939351415986/?ref=share

January is for Credit Alerts �
Don't say I did not drop update for you oh ��‍♂️
#Betterdays
#WatchandEarn
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Kennyfancy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hi
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by stainlessnature: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?
big yes
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by everythinggirly(f): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Never underestimate any business, no matter how small it is, once you're consistent you will surely make cool cash. Hit me up for your academic research services.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nikkganc08(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
POS business would soon fade away.
Just like phone call business of years ago.

Also know that recharge card business is a waste of time.
You may spend months to sell 1 million naira worth of cards only to discover that your profit is just 20,000naira only

If u buy 10 pieces at 980naira and resell at 100 naira each, you'd get a total of 1k.

After selling all for d day, you'll be having 20naira only as profit.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by JJSAYO: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
If he needs a better teaching job let him call 09158859582
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Iseoluwani: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

Pls let him resign. Depending on his area, he could make 3000 to 7000daily depending on demand on pos. Please drop d teaching job

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
How about running both?

Since you close early in the teaching job, you'll still have enough time to do the POS biz. so it will come in as a side hustle.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by boldking(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Yes it is aviceable
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Please he should not employ anybody for the first 3 years of the business.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Ungodly: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

For me it is a big yes, if he invest 250k in the pos and recharge card business in a very good area and he is dilliengent with his work I bet he’d be in a more desirable and advantageous position, especially in financial terms... with Pos only, he can make up to 2-3k daily for the first couple of days or weeks and months into the business 5k-10k averagely each day in a very good area (population/exposure). recharge cards sales don’t really worth the time for me tho but your friend needs the traffic… if people who needs to withdraw/deposit money comes to his shop and people who need recharge cards come to his shop for services, small time now shop go grow then he can venture into phone casin sales, phone chargers and all those accessories shey you get. Your friend done turn boss be that.

Ps: he should manage the business himself cool
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Sanusak: 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2021
Leaving his 30k teaching job is the best. You can't not expect a newly established business involving cash to thrive without proper monitoring. If he fails, he can easily secure 30k teaching job elsewhere.
Emperoo:
Why will you advice him to resign from teaching when you are not sure if the POS business will succeed, Its better he continue teaching and also start the POS business probably put someone he can trust, after school he'll come back and see how the person is doing, also during weekends he's their too, since schools dont open during weekends, like that he'll see the feasibility of the POS business before deciding if he can resign to avoid putting all his hope on one stuff that's uncertain.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by emmykk(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

I have a pos spot since August 2021,before then I was doing nothing and life was difficult .
Even since I set up that pos I have been making good money to the extent that I will set up another one by January.

That 30K teach job is a peanut compare to POS.
Just one weekend of friday, Saturday,Sunday and Monday morning can make aleast 15K + on POS depending on your location.

I repeat 30K job is useless when compare to POS.
Just
1 Get a busy Location and build branded koisk or use table and umbrella
2 Get moniepoint or opay pos
3.You already have cash but 150K and above is cook.
4.Learn how to outwit scammer that may come and test you and how the business is run.

Teaching job of 30K is nothing compared to pos. I have seen some people suggesting you put someone there .No don't do that rather if you are already in the business and know how it work you can fix someone in another point and monitor it from your pos app.

The key to the business is a good location.once you get that right every things is bomb.
I can mentor you if you want but I will charge you. I will give you assistance on WhatsApp for 6Months or until when you understand everything at your end.

Nobody will tell you is ok if you try to ask people doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by safetyboot: 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
THE PERSON COULD BE DOING SOME HOME LESSON FOR SOME PUPILS TO SAVE UP TO #500K, NOT EVERYBODY STEALS

Golan007:
30k job yet he saved 500k?

All the goods for the warehouse don lost be that.

If you claim he wasn't pilfering, then he needs to be made finance minister.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Iseoluwani: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
I'll not specify my advise but will give you some instances.

I I lost my 60k job last year Nov started Pos in Dec following month. I save up 300k within 4month through my embarked new pos business. Fast forward to September this year I made my first million through it. Last month I bought my first landed property, bought some major furniture mostly needed in a room which the expense cost roughly another 300k all through the Pos business. I give thanks to God almighty because as I'm typing this my account balance is a million in spite all expenses incurred so far.

Glory be to God almighty may God continue blessing me through my little doing.

U have not lied. I personally know someone who got a land in july and built his house,and moved this Nov. STRICTLY ON POS

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by ojsmscom(m): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Who collected N6billion from the N18billion released to Abia Govt recently by FG. And why would one person take a chunk of N3billion as his own share, what for and why? Someone must account for this looting!
#Abiastate

EFCC should go to account number 1017136456 of First Bank belonging to one Tunnel End Investment and see how Abia state funds are being looted in Billions.

Jackson Ude
@jacksonpbn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by smasher1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.

Best advice there is. Sometimes it's not how much you are paid but how much you make by virtue of working somewhere. You can make five times your salary in some location and won't need a second job unless it's paying you more than five times your previous income as in the case mentioned here.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by geezville86: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

There’s this saying in yoruba: “óná kàn ó w’ójà” meaning there’s usually multiple entry points into the market place or something along those lines.

In my opinion, your friend is probaly on the right path in seeking for ways to invest his savings. I’d say keep the job as it provides guaranteed income, closely monitor the amount invested in cryptos (which I think is very high risk these days) and maybe invest some in fixed deposits/mutual funds or other low risk plays and then use a small portion of those savings to test the waters with the recharge card business i.e. should be a side hustle at first before going all in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here / Massive Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Accenture / Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHEDC) Jobs - 55 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.