Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? (23842 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Need A Professional Writer To Write A 30k-word Book On Senior Fitness / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by muheeb01(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
There's nothing like be your own boss or serial entrepreneur,just make sure you're an expert and professional in your job,and make sure you have enough passion for it,committed and dedicated .do your pos and recharge card business,with patient and time you'll be happy with your decision

Check my signature and profile for my works and consultation....delivery nationwide,my office is in oyo town
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Olam09(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?

No don't leave the 30k job, i know what I'm saying. Money no dey pos again bruh.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by kenlinzo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
The truth is that there is nothing like owning your own business. If his not gonna spend the balance 350k on buying things to start the business, I think she can go for it. If she can finish 300k daily on POS, it's not bad.

On the other hand, if you have a trust fellow who can run for you till you close from your teaching in the afternoon, you can run both.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Wande22(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
alabi484:
This is a bit dicey.

I can't advice anyone to quit their job because I do not know their mindset about business, however, seeing that I myself is a mobile money agent, i can advise thus:

I for one don't like anything that has to do with working for someone, so if he really wants to leave his job, your friend should be very smart, rugged and open minded if he wants to start doing POS because firstly, business is not for the faint hearted, you have to be ruthless with yourself in terms of discipline and all and secondly, POS business involves money and you know how people can be with money.

The most important metrics for starting a POS are a. Location b. Traffic of people (i.e number of people that move around the location daily) c. Type of location (i.e business area or residential) d. Number of existing operators e. Proximity of the location to an ATM/Bank

Your friend can carry out a survey on these metrics and if the results are good, it means he can launch business.

He should just set a target of 3 to 6 months of diligent hard work, in this time, he will have built trust, gained customers and know how the whole thing works, above all he'll know the range of transactions he does daily and expected daily income, once he has a grasp of this, he can employ a recommended trustworthy person (pay attention to the word recommend and trustworthy) with this, he can get something else doing or even look for another location to start second branch.

If he decides to quit his job and follow this, the only regret he'll have his not starting earlier.

As person dey take hammer no pass like this.

Cheers!
Manage this abeg

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by joyousever(f): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
Why sound so pessimistic?? The two businesses are high in demand and as someone who's into the business posted above, the pros far outweigh the cons.
Nikkganc08:
POS business would soon fade away.
Just like phone call business of years ago.

Also know that recharge card business is a waste of time.
You may spend months to sell 1 million naira worth of cards only to discover that your profit is just 20,000naira only

If u buy 10 pieces at 980naira and resell at 100 naira each, you'd get a total of 1k.

After selling all for d day, you'll be having 20naira only as profit.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Testimony1988(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Before resigning, he/she should confirm from those in the business, how they started and the procedures in setting up the POS shop and how to apply for the POS machine, he or she should know it won't be automatic, it will take some months for the machine to be ready. He/ she can start the process, then when every thing is now set, your friend can now resign, and the place you are setting up the POS shop matters alot, if you set it where there is bank, the business won't move and if you set it where there are other POS shops around, it won't move, a neighbour of mine opend one and for some time the shop has been closed because in that area alone, I can count up to like 10 POS shops around, so the friend should do his or her findings well so he or she wont regret later leaving the teaching job, but just know that business is far better than teaching job, and mine advise is to either get a standby generator or install a small solar of like #200,000 so as to have constant power supply.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Testimony1988(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Wande22:

Manage this abeg
hahahahah, was that your Christmas food?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Adfotech: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
Please tell your friend to quickly quit the teaching job and start His or Her own personal Business , with God and your good customer relation, include your proper account checking gradually the Business will grow, and Before you know it you will have another outlet,, feel free to chat me up 07032647037 for guilds line, am also into POS Business
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Timi2016(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
If he has 500k as savings and he/she tired of the job at hand now which is really understandable. Knowing fully well that the 30k is not all yours after monthly expense. Its a good advice to venture into business, no one will tell you it is easy. Focus on your goals and it will be attainable. I once left my banking job as a cco and ventured into this business. In 6months my total inflow + assets (cash and business equipment) from the business was worth upto 2million. With adequate management and technicalities the person can excel at it. Shoot the shot! With the cash he has since its not a loan, the person is about to make a good decision. From experience, yes he should quit that job and forge ahead. You can reach out for skills needed and to get pos devices too at affordable prices. 07088106208

2 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Timi2016(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pos acquisition can take weeks but not months cos of the numbers of fintechs now. Competition is high, so they can get it in days. Location is key to thriving business so they need check for viable location to make sales. In a day you can make more than 5k as profit. At times i do 15-22k as profit. This was during peak period(covid19). Its not advisable to buy such equipment as a generating set for a start uo business as this cos it brings about recurring expense which is not good for the business to start with. A power bank will do justice to that for a start.

Testimony1988:
Before resigning, he/she should confirm from those in the business, how they started and the procedures in setting up the POS shop and how to apply for the POS machine, he or she should know it won't be automatic, it will take some months for the machine to be ready. He/ she can start the process, then when every thing is now set, your friend can now resign, and the place you are setting up the POS shop matters alot, if you set it where there is bank, the business won't move and if you set it where there are other POS shops around, it won't move, a neighbour of mine opend one and for some time the shop has been closed because in that area alone, I can count up to like 10 POS shops around, so the friend should do his or her findings well so he or she wont regret later leaving the teaching job, but just know that business is far better than teaching job, and mine advise is to either get a standby generator or install a small solar of like #200,000 so as to have constant power supply.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Tobest94: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Go for the POS business, just get a good location since you get start up capital, I’ve someone that makes over 50k monthly from Pos and doesn’t work every day
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Testimony1988(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timi2016:

Pos acquisition can take weeks but not months cos of the numbers of fintechs now. Competition is high, so they can get it in days. Location is key to thriving business so they need check for viable location to make sales. In a day you can make more than 5k as profit. At times i do 15-22k as profit. This was during peak period(covid19). Its not advisable to buy such equipment as a generating set for a start uo business as this cos it brings about recurring expense which is not good for the business to start with. A power bank will do justice to that for a start.

That's if the person won't stay late in the evening, okay, a friend of mine said she applied for hers and it took few months for it to be available, maybe it depends on the type of bank, even if you made that profit, what of the transport fare to and fro from the bank and maintenance fee is also there again plus other accessories.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Gkemz: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
When I resigned from my last job and started up my business, I made so many mistakes (since am starting something new to me) and so many regrets that at some points I blamed myself for leaving my paid job. But as time goes on, it became fun to the point that I started regretting why I didn't take this decision earlier.

What am I trying to say.... Anything that can make you self dependent, follow it with passion. It's not easy at start but a white collar job is not a better option either for a man. The profit I make in a day is what I earned in a week when I was doing a paid job, thinking I was pursuing my career.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Hkff: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by alabi484(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Wande22:

Manage this abeg

Chai, you don do me well grin
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
YOU MEAN AT THIS KIND TIME AND PERIOD HE WAS ABLE TO SAVE N500K FROM A SALARY OF N30K IN A YEAR AND WANT TO RESIGN THE JOB, EVEN WHEN SOME ONE EARNING N100K A MONTH CANT EVEN SAVE N500K A YEAR. PLEASE LET HIM HOLD ON WITH HIS JOB, MAY BE HE CAN SAVE MORE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Xantel(f): 7:13am On Dec 29, 2021
Yes, but he can also do the two at the same.

How about taking the POS to school, do transactions with your fellow staff and even with some parents who want to pay fees but no cash?
Then in the evening continue at home tongue
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by obontami: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?

It's alway you friends. You niggas need to own up. Nobody is beating anybody here. WTF!? angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by excell0001: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.

this is wisdom
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Gboliwe: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
miniziter:
It worth leaving. If you're in Edo, reach out to me to get a moniepoint terminal. You can come to our Ehakpen office incase you're scared of being scammed.
How much will you sell it for?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by miniziter(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
Gboliwe:

How much will you sell it for?
We don't really sell. We give while your a 20k precautionary fee.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Galacious1: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2022
Xantel:
Yes, but he can also do the two at the same.

How about taking the POS to school, do transactions with your fellow staff and even with some parents who want to pay fees but no cash?
Then in the evening continue at home tongue

This business is not that easy. Carrying cash around is enough risk.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Xantel(f): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
Galacious1:

This business is not that easy. Carrying cash around is enough risk.

100k in your bag a day is not huge
Some schools don't allow cash for fees don't know about yours? Parents can give you cash, you transfer into school's account.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
sulaimon22:

The capital was saved up from years of hustle according to him and he doesn't want to lose it

Its not possible to save 500k from 30k salary
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by emmykk(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
ThisisIkemefuna:

Hello brother. Can I chat you on WhatsApp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Closes Application Portal, Announces Second Phase Of Recruitment Process / 6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant / Who Else Dangote Refinery Sent This E-mail? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.