Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion (767 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / PHOTOS: Lady Gets The Shock Of Her Life After Opening A New Baby Cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by oladele7: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
Two months ago a friend of mine from Jos area was involved in a motor accident on his way home and died few days later. the most suprising aspect of the issue is that immediately he died, all his brothers relocated to his place of residence where he stayed with his wife b4 his death and started selling all the little properties he had in the presence of the wife and shared the money without caring for the Five Childrens the man left behind. fro what the woman told me only N5,000 was given to her for feeding of the childrens whose school fees were even due before his death. My people is this fair?
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by Amjustme: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
Of course its not fair but the man planned it like that else he would have written a will.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by manmustwac(m): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Am just me:

Of course its not fair but the man planned it like that else he would have written a will.
that fact that he did not write a will dose not justify what his brothers did.

But then when my popsie died in a road accident back in the 70s his brothers did the same thing shared all is property which included houses and land in warri. Me my mother and all 3 children who were fortuneately here in london at the time got nothing.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by tpia5: 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
it's a nigerian or maybe african thing for the most part.

it's actually quite dangerous to start arguing over the inheritance anyway.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by oladele7: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2011
Since there is no will in place . Please advise on what the woman can do because she has started borrowing up and down to meet the immediate needs of the children. two of the kids are already home because of school fee. thanks
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by iice(f): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2011
tpia@:

it's a nigerian or maybe african thing for the most part.

it's actually quite dangerous to start arguing over the inheritance anyway.

Abi ooo.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by ifyalways(f): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2011
It's always good to save up and make provisions for ur kids beforehand.Does she not have a lil' saving somewhere?Is she not earning or making money or is she a hausfrau? No point in discussing the in-laws or fighting over petty inheritance,there is life and hope for her;she shld pick up herself and start doing something.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by Amjustme: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2011
Honestly she should just be strong and tighten her belt to work hard to make ends meet for her and her children, where there is life there is hope. She needs a supportive church also. May GOD see her through.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by tpia5: 11:06am On Jun 16, 2011
unfortunately, nigerian society isnt exactly friendly to widows.

so yes, she should ask her church and/or relatives for support, or just trust God.

not much that can be done otherwise.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by Seun(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2011
Just ask your husband to write a will. If he can't, then get the properties in your name. Kichena.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by oladele7: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2011
Thank you all for your advise. This is a big lesson for those of us still alive.
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by zayhal(f): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Seun:

Just ask your husband to write a will. If he can't, then get the properties in your name. Kichena.

You make it all seem so simple. What if he writes the will and the family still goes ahead to do what they like? And you talk about getting the properties in her name as if it's all so easy to do that as well. How many men would buy a property in the name of his wife? Are we not talking about Nigerians here?
Re: Life After Death: Jos People Your Opinion by jamace(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
OP
You have spoiled this topic by restricting the action and response to Jos people.

Let me just sit and read the responses from Jos people. Bye.

(1) (Reply)

Man Drunk Cleaning Fluid To Avoid Deportation From The UK / Get The Sexy Back After Childbirth! / Irreversible Things You Regret While Growing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.