Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ (26531 Views)

How To Apply For A Major FMCG Company Recruitment (2 Positions) / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / Graduate Commercial Operations Intern Recruitment In A Reputable FMCG Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by ChiefS(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Have you worked in a FG job before, go and see what people who are in FG job has achieved a lot more than their counterpart, if not for this buhari regime that's slow.
I work in a first generation Federal University. There's a lot of misconception about FG jobs. While some people in certain departments or positions make good money legitimately and illegally, majority are not that lucky especially in this time of galloping inflation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by brandsoncharlie: 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
elbulk:

Making blanket statements is very funny. Yes I have and I have family there too. It's ok to want to work the government but for the right reasons.
There's a difference between working for certain govt agencies like NDIC, CBN, FIRS and the likes and working for a ministry.
A lot of regular civil servants that have "achieved" are into sharp practices.
All I'm saying is if all you want in a job is "security" then you may never get to a certain level. Life I'd beyond been sent for courses and owning a house after 25 year's.
There's so much out there why limit yourself?
In terms of job security it doesn't matter where you work in Nigeria you can be laid of at anytime, that's the misconception about most people in Nigeria that thinks when you get FG job there are OK, I have family members who work in immigration, nnpc, customs, fg ministry, I have seen their colleagues get laid off just like others in the private sector.
People are looking at future prospects in terms of positions, rank, salary wages bonuses access to loans and age in retirement when compared to others.
If you are working in the private sector and you are not an expatriate in your field of work forget you won't go far compared to someone who's working in a FG job.
I have a friend who works in shell petroleum, he's an expatriate in the field of mechanical engineering obtained so many technical skills and experience from UK, shell laid him and millions of people across Nigeria, he was able to stand on his feet because of his expertise, but when compared to his colleagues who are in FG job he was found wanting.
But today he has achieved a lot and works as contractor with shell when needed and other firms but when compared to his colleagues VS FG job there are far below them.
I won't advise anyone to rely on FG job nowadays because Nigeria has changed in so many dimensions today with huge debt to pay.
Epcl was a FG company but was sold which is now Indorama Eleme Petrochemical Limited (IEPL), located in Port Harcourt, so many staffs were laid off as at that time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by freddie009(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
The way my people like govt job, they just want to play it safe.

Do you want to be an employee all the rest of your life?

4 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Deocle:

Entry Level is #300,000
entry level as level 1 or what?
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by NaijaNaWaa: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

You guys should stop this recurring rubbish about FG jobs and job security. There's nothing there. Some of us have been there and still willingly resigned. When poverty hit una with those peanut salaries they pay there, una head go quickly correct.

Ok Sir. The way you sounded here, I'm not surprised that poverty drove you out of FG job.

2 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by brandsoncharlie: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChiefS:

I work in a first generation Federal University. There's a lot of misconception about FG jobs. While some people in certain departments or positions make good money legitimately and illegally, majority are not that lucky especially in this time of galloping inflation.
I agree with you on that, but with FG jobs there are so many advantages when compared to others.
Access to huge loans especially senior staffs, few private firms only with high paying jobs has access when compared to FG jobs.
Access to free health care and your family depending on the FG jobs. you just need your ID you can have access to it for free in some FG JOB or almost free in some.
There are bonuses, like housing bonuses, thrift, for staffs in each year.
Institutions like pengassan and others for the petroleum jobs has a benefit for you that's if you are a member and make staff contributions, they serve as mouth piece to their staffs in terms of increment in salaries and other allowances.
These things you can't get it for free if you're not doing FG job.

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by NWABUKA007(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
emexodoms:
Please fam, between a Paramilitary job that pay 125k without any allowance for a start and an FMCG company with 165k + other bonuses and allowance for a start which is better for someone who is planing to leave the country soon(1-2years time)?

The fcmg own is better

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Thanos5555: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Fmcb you might end up been a big shot in bank maybe 5-10yrs later....fed job your future is secured no doubt
calm down and read the post again , he means Fast moving goods(FMCG, nor FCMB

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by charles009(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
You guys are clowns, screaming job security. Come and see how young boys are doing wonders and you there screaming job security.

My boss is less than 34 and he nets over 2.5M monthly, some of us earn twice what a Prof earns. When you see guys balling hard you go dey scream Yahoo .

My days in guiness, we made money na. FMCG anyday anytime.

Fed job wey u fit remain for one position for 10years. See defeatist and backward mentality.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by grandstar(m): 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
freegaza:

The only sensible comment here . So many dumb people, one is even saying he'd rather go for 25k with FG than 1 million in a private sector.

People work in the private sector for 5 years and earn what you will not earn in your 35 years of service in the government

You ignored the issue of corruption.

Anyway, you do have a point

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by josh6633: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Childofaking:

i still maintain that no entry level person in immigration earn a salary of N125K

Prove me wrong

If I were u, I will log into national salary and wages commission website to download their pay slips instead of arguing here . I hope it will end your argument
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by charles009(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
You are not informed. If you see some company's perks, you go delete this thing you wrote. .

[qluote author=brandsoncharlie post=108886086]
I agree with you on that, but with FG jobs there are so many advantages when compared to others.
Access to huge loans especially senior staffs, few private firms only with high paying jobs has access when compared to FG jobs.
Access to free health care and your family depending on the FG jobs. you just need your ID you can have access to it for free in some FG JOB or almost free in some.
Institutions like pengassan and others for the petroleum jobs has a benefit for you that's if you are a member and make staff contributions, they serve as mouth piece to their staffs in terms of increment in salaries and other allowances.
These things you can't get it for free if you're not doing FG job. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Isobug: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Fmcb you might end up been a big shot in bank maybe 5-10yrs later....fed job your future is secured no doubt
Did you see FCMB there?
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by ChiefS(m): 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

There's no direct answer to the post. It all depends on the person involved, his long term career goals, his age and several other factors. If he is less than 30 he still has time to explore opportunities in the private sector but if he's above 35 The thing with FG job is that if you are in it's difficult to leave I'll advise him to take the FG job if he physically fit to do paramilitary work. I just wanted to disabuse some myths about FG jobs. For instance, you talked about free medical services. Not totally true. Yes FG workers who are registered with NHIS get some treatment free but NHIS does not cover major ailments and drugs. The pharmacy rarely have some of the drugs
. Also, for those in major cities like Lagos the housing allowance is too small compared to the actual cost of rent in the big cities like Lagos. In fact with IPPIS there's nothing like housing allowance as everything has been consolidated. Also. you are to contribute a percentage to National Housing Fund(NHF).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by dickson2000(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Maroghene:

U see I didn't reply him. He is reinforcing his ignorance.
Lol, I feel he doesn't know much about the paramilitary salary scale but he was so sure of his assertions which is wrong
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by brandsoncharlie: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
charles009:

You are not informed. If you see some company's perks, you go delete this thing you wrote. .

[qluote author=brandsoncharlie post=108886086]
Apart from private multinational companies like shell, Agip, NLNG, enell, which jobs pass FG jobs like NNPC, CBN, IMMIGRATION, customs etc what have you.
You're just a novice, even in PH the people who owns top business, big mansions, bought houses in estate are working either in the two options.
You're just a novice, you get money to buy a plot of land of 100 million naira going for Abuja or 75million for PH. If you're not a well established businessman you can't afford it.
Which Nigerian bank will give you loan of 30-45million naira without a collateral of viable properties.
If not for security and safety purposes there's some things I need to show to certain people on this forum they will scream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by muheeb01(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
FG job is the best job...cos of job security

Check my signature and profile for my works and consultation....delivery nationwide,my office is in oyo town
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Deocle: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
entry level as level 1 or what?

Level 8

Bsc and HND Holder
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by brandsoncharlie: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChiefS:

There's no direct answer to the post. It all depends on the person involved, his long term career goals, his age and several other factors. If he is less than 30 he still has time to explore opportunities in the private sector but if he's above 35 The thing with FG job is that if you are in it's difficult to leave I'll advise him to take the FG job if he physically fit to do paramilitary work. I just wanted to disabuse some myths about FG jobs. For instance, you talked about free medical services. Not totally true. Yes FG workers who are registered with NHIS get some treatment free but NHIS does not cover major ailments and drugs. The pharmacy rarely have some of the drugs
. Also, for those in major cities like Lagos the housing allowance is too small compared to the actual cost of rent in the big cities like Lagos. In fact with IPPIS there's nothing like housing allowance as everything has been consolidated. Also. you are to contribute a percentage to National Housing Fund(NHF).
For junior staffs due to the minimal pay at a start your salary and position will limit certain earnings from your employer but as time goes by you will have a great access to these opportunities I mentioned.
When a family member of mine started working in nnpc he was virtually limited to access to even housing, thrift benefits due to his years of service but as he scaled to the senior staff ranks there were lots of full benefits.

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by ChiefS(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

For junior staffs due to the minimal pay at a start your salary and position will limit certain earnings from your employer but as time goes by you will have a great access to these opportunities I mentioned.
When a family member of mine started working in nnpc he was virtually limited to access to even housing, thrift benefits due to his years of service but as he scaled to the senior staff ranks there were lots of full benefits.
It's not exactly what you think. I'm not a junior staff. Apart from NNPC some parastatals most other FG staff do not depend on their salaries. The salaries are peanuts compared to what some good private firms pay. And it is only a very small fraction rise to positions like Permanent secretaries, directors. Vice Chancellors etc.

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Tzar(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
The FG job will just make you a criminal. You will collect bribe to meet up.
If the FMCG coy is world-class, go for it.
emexodoms:
Please fam, between a Paramilitary job that pay 125k without any allowance for a start and an FMCG company with 165k + other bonuses and allowance for a start which is better for someone who is planing to leave the country soon(1-2years time)?

3 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
Deocle:

Level 8

Bsc and HND Holder
You aught to have stated it, "graduate entry level".

2 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by asobo1: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
membranus:

What is FMCG?
Fast Moving Consumer Goods. Examples of company in this category include Flourmills, Nestle, Grand Cereals, Unilever, Procter and Gamble, Coca-Cola etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by DaRuud(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
emexodoms:

Go with the FMCG kawai .

What if the paramilitary post you go Sokoto, Zamfara or Borno

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by kelvinjay90(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
FarinJini:
Where una dey see all these jobs? grin
OP since you'll be leaving the country soon, job security shouldn't be an issue. Go for the FMCG job. You'll need the money in the abroad grin
Good luck.
Abi ooo, where una dey see this type job oOoOO, God please remember me for good
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Ugomajority: 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Well FG work looks more secured. However, since ur planning to leave d country, then go for the other offer.

Abeg can u li k me up
Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by chaloskyx: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oga go for the FMCG company o FG that are struggling to pay salaries once oil price declines na people like you dem go sack better go for a company with a better future and growth prospects its also an added job experience for future jobs unless you think being a para military official looks better on your cv (which it doesnt)

2 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Ruuchiinaa: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

What about Lecturing in a State University? Is the pay same as FG jobs? If one is to enter the system as a casual staff, is it better than remaining in the Private sector?

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Cognitivereason: 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
If u join Any paramilitary as a graduate.. The least pay for a start is 100k..
It waec holders DAT start from constable earning 40k
Joysticks:
Which paramilitary jobs pays 125k?How much a constable in the police earn?

2 Likes

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by LiveLifeHub(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
emexodoms:

Where are you guys getting slot nah....where are you getting this job?

I have just been thinking of how life has been ha*d.

1 Like

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Cognitivereason: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
That a lie...even when oil dropped to below $30 per Barrel...all FG workers were constantly receiving their pay and allowances..and FG don't sack workers..
Oil is over $70 today..

chaloskyx:
Oga go for the FMCG company o FG that are struggling to pay salaries once oil price declines na people like you dem go sack better go for a company with a better future and growth prospects its also an added job experience for future jobs unless you think being a para military official looks better on your cv (which it doesnt)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ by Rajosh(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
It's like people didn't read the part where he said he's planning on leaving the country.
Don't bother about job security since you'll eventually leave the job and japa.
Work experience in the corporate organization will be of immense benefit when you japa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Airtel Nigeria Ongoing Recruitment [3 Vacant Position] / Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? / Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.