Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

There Are Still Good days in Marriage. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are Still Good days in Marriage. (16890 Views)

Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Hassanmaye(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
firstbornson:
Some years ago while my father was still in the Civil Service commission, I remember a particular incident that led to his temporal suspension from the office. Someone framed him and all that. I won't bother you about the details. However, this incident took over 8 months before it was resolved. Prior to this time, we lived a very comfortable life.

What my mom did in the light of this situation is what I won't forget in a hurry.

We mom started selling cold "pure" water and drinks.

We went back to the farm, planting yam and cassava and the rest.

All these coupled with some money my father had saved kept us all.

We didn't stop school.

My mom didn't create a scene that will bring elders from the village to "settle" issue.

My mom stood by my father.
Wow
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Munzy14(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
firstbornson:
Some years ago while my father was still in the Civil Service commission, I remember a particular incident that led to his temporal suspension from the office. Someone framed him and all that. I won't bother you about the details. However, this incident took over 8 months before it was resolved. Prior to this time, we lived a very comfortable life.

What my mom did in the light of this situation is what I won't forget in a hurry.

We mom started selling cold "pure" water and drinks.

We went back to the farm, planting yam and cassava and the rest.

All these coupled with some money my father had saved kept us all.

We didn't stop school.

My mom didn't create a scene that will bring elders from the village to "settle" issue.

My mom stood by my father.
Exactly how a mom/wife/mother should be...Natural helper and a pillar of support.
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by cayorday89(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
yuping:
Good idea, I still remember when popsy did not get any contract for 2years mom was up and doing that woman sabi manage house even they feed neighbors, our last born takes after her. Sometimes whenever I read about bad marriages here on NL I always use my parent to have confidence that I can have a family of my own 32+ of marriage no be beans, but nairaland women/girls don't like saying their own side of the story shaa. Still sums up to their lazy altitude and negligent. Women of nowadays don't want to do anything at all even in class they will still beg you to do their assignment.
They should just do more, I'm not trying to bash them or anything I have sisters too but they should do more and be more in the society in general.
In the aspect of girls or ladies doing more, men should also be advised to let women do things they ought to do on their own not always showing themselves to render help not solicited for, it makes women want to see men as the workaholic.

I had a couple of friends in Uni or let me say group of friends(our team won the best clique), amongst us are few ladies that will want to fold hands and want us to do all assignments, and there will be ones that will spend their money and still make Google search for write ups, there is this particular friend who I could go to any length to do things for even if she did not ask for it because she will contribute and at times pay for my own copy. With time, others sit up because they no they will not be pampered.
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Hassanmaye(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
Acidosis:

There's no such thing as my wife standing by me in difficult times. We are both in the marriage. If sapa comes visiting, na the two of us go suffer. If she leaves, I leave too but... hey, she won't and I won't too. cheesy

Your eyes Go clear lol
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by MPESA(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
marhez43:
If u dont have money abegii park ur load go another girls side i cannot suffer with any MAN.men double your husule

Probably you are catching cruise or seeking attention but if not hope your parents are as Weathy as Dangote.
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by MufasaLion: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
All I know is that there's no manual to this marriage thingy.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
yuping:
Good idea, I still remember when popsy did not get any contract for 2years mom was up and doing that woman sabi manage house even they feed neighbors, our last born takes after her. Sometimes whenever I read about bad marriages here on NL I always use my parent to have confidence that I can have a family of my own 32+ of marriage no be beans, but nairaland women/girls don't like saying their own side of the story shaa. Still sums up to their lazy altitude and negligent. Women of nowadays don't want to do anything at all even in class they will still beg you to do their assignment.
They should just do more, I'm not trying to bash them or anything I have sisters too but they should do more and be more in the society in general.

Ahhh. God. They asked you to share a good story... you started well, then went off track to be yabbing women and NL women. Do you fking know any of us offline?? Na curse?? Can you not just 100% share what you want to share and leave it at that?? Do you not see a good model for women in your own mom? Or do you not see as you are as a result of the brainwashing going on??

Because if we go into this deep now, you won't have any meaningful 'crime' to attribute to women, just a regurgitation of what you've been reading!

Which more?? Really. Tell me. Which more do you want them to do? How many NL women do you know to call them lazy?? undecided

Answer me this, too. Why do you say women don't like saying their own side of the story?? Why do you believe so? And have you not seen women commenting here?

How is not 'not of commenting on posts' because of our laziness? I don't get. So, if we comment on every posts, sharing our opinions, you'll say we're addicted to attention and social media, now you think we're not commenting, you're saying it's because of laziness and negligence. Do you even read what you're commenting??

Ladies beg to do assignments in class?? Are you kidding me?? Jesus!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by cayorday89(m): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
For my mum and dad, they have their ups and downs, but it's mostly argument.
For the most important aspect of this topic of women staying true to their husband goes thus, many years ago, my dad on the line of duty were attacked by armed robbers killing all except him but left with a damaged leg which was later amputated, mum took care of him, and she engaged in different businesses just to maintain the family source of income, although dads salary was not stopped but it was not enough because most were spent on treatment, drugs, amidst other things, he was a civil servant and he did not go to work for a period of six years and little or no promotion, mum took to paying my school fees while my dad focused on my siblings.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Munzy14(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
Charmingrascal:
I remember when Mum bought Dad a car with her salaries that she saved that year.

The things I read about marriages these days makes me dread marriage. But I know that by 2023 that I will be getting married na perfect woman God go give me.

Nairaland is a community of people with different upbringing..
Some came from homes with core family values and modesty, while some are from dysfunctional homes..

Kids raised in this two different homes, cannever see marriage the same way.

It's cute reading your story, nice mum you have..

4 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Munzy14(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
guywitzerogal:
Our parents got married when there wasn't social media and yahoo Boys, our mummy goes to church and pray for our dads, you see the set of girls and boys out now.... Them go disgrace their ancestors
Hehehehehe..
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by psalmylee(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lightway:
Men should not fall for this useless thread

Women on these days are not women of before..

This generation is useless
waiter pls give this guy 3 bottles of Heineken and a plate of dog pepper soup

1 Like

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by MarketDispatch: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lightway:
Men should not fall for this useless thread

Women on these days are not women of before..

This generation is useless

Too damn right! Women of olden days were focused and did not have the distractions available today to modern day women..
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by yuping(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I'm not trying to bash any lady or intend to I'm just always curious if all ladies are terrible because no married man on NL have good thing to say about the ladies it become something to think about for me, is this how marriage is going to be? I can't see fire and dive in naaa.
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kriss216:
In this present age, the only woman that will stand by you when things get boxed is your mother. Don't let anyone one deceive you.

Your mother no be woman? grin grin

1 Like

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Okunga: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
Marriage sweet bro. No let any body deceive you. Find a woman that understands you and you both are willing to compromise and forgive then you are good to go.

Marriage is two different energy under same roof.. una gats understand una self to an extent for a peaceful coexistence.

And Men please learn to overlook for imperfections from your woman.. no be everything you go dey complain about. Some things just look pass and sigh heavily � for her to know.

Marriage sweet Abeg… especially if you woman dey give you gist from her own perspectives and experiences �

I wish everybody love, marry who you fit get peace of mind with and not everything you dey wonder if other men dey check your woman out..

3 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
yuping:
I'm not trying to bash any lady or intend to I'm just always curious if all ladies are terrible because no married man on NL have good thing to say about the ladies it become something to think about for me, is this how marriage is going to be? I can't see fire and dive in naaa.

Why don't you start by addressing all the questions I raised before deflecting?

You say NL women are lazy. How? How did you know that? Do you know us? Have you met any of us? Where's your proof of that?

You claim ladies don't comment because of laziness -- can you explain what you mean by that? What's does our not commenting have to do with negligence?

Is NL your basis for judging reality? You actually listen to what men say on NL and used it to judge? Between your parents' marriage and what strangers are saying online, which are you supposed to believe? Can you not think for yourself? Men say, men say, no married man say.

You also said ladies should do more -- more in what aspect? More about what?

You are a SINGLE guy that just commented on a thread, and you BADMOUTHED ladies based on what other guys are saying, now do you realize that those other guys are prolly SINGLE as you are and saying nonsense about women? How do you know all the men commenting are married? Have YOU had any (personal) bad experiences with women? Because all you're claiming is, 'one man said, one man said, a married man said.' You can't THINK for yourself, without others telling you what to think? How OLD are you?

How many married men do you know offline? How many have you met? How many comments of married men on Nairaland have you read? You want to tell me that on this thread, you can't find a man that'll have something good to say about his wife abi? Do you try to listen to the good men and the good things they have to say?

Are you a terrible person? Are all men terrible? So when feminists say men are scum and don't have anything good to say about men, they are right? I'm curious too. Because if no man has anything good to say about ladies and you reached a conclusion, then the feminists that don't have anything good to say about men are also telling the truth.

Fire? Where? So you really believe women are terrible then? Abi. And you know and believe and are already prepared to end up with a terrible woman. OK.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Joygift3666: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
KiNg0G:
If your in your early 20, marriage issue nor supposed consign you.

My pickin start to reason how to plan your life first
How old do you think the redpillers are?
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by MNDY(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Magnoliaa post=108883511]

You say NL women are lazy. How? How did you know that? Do you know us? Have you met any of us? Where's your proof of that?

You claim ladies don't comment because of laziness -- can you explain what you mean by that? What's doesyour not commenting have to do with negligence?

Some men and some women are terrible. But let me burst your bubble. Why you hear us bash your gender more is because while we men tend to condemn misdeeds by our own gender and curbe it in the long run, your own gender would defend yourselves (like you're doing) and worsen the problem the more in the long run. More often than not, you and your gender think you are always right.

1 Like

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
MNDY:
You don't even know how to quote well and you want to engage me? What manner of...? I don't fking care for your 'explanation' or bubble-bursting; no be you I dey quote dey follow tok. Dey your dey.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by NoToPile: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Simple discussion they have turned it to another woman bashing thread.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by BRATISLAVA: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
TONYE001:

If we do a survey of failed marriages, we'd discover that men and women are both responsible.

Do we also conclude that men of these days are 'not men of before'?

Is the current generation of men also useless?

This thread has a lot of wise people on it.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by BRATISLAVA: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
NoToPile:
Simple discussion they have turned it to another woman bashing thread.

They are always assuming and talking about the good old days that they were never a part of. The days when women wore loose cloths on their chests and rolled over for their grandfathers backwards. Or whatever it is they romanticize about it.

You'll wonder if the only people in their relationships are women, that the whole thing lies on their heads. Toxic teenagers who are just discovering the red pill. Expect very dysfunctional adults in the next 2-10 years. In fact, in the next 30 years they will revile the boys of today.

6 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by MNDY(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You don't even know how to quote well and you want to engage me? What manner of...? I don't fking care for your 'explanation' or bubble-bursting; no be you I dey quote dey follow tok. Dey your dey.

Hahahahaha...see you.
Engage me nau if you have any valid argument. I quoted you improperly because you wrote rubbish and it pissed me greatly I had to take it up from the person you engaged. Don't always defend your gender, condemn wrongdoings like my own gender does and let's make the society a better place together. HAPPY NEW YEAR. I like how you write (not what you write/wrote) and by extension I think I like you too. Lol.

1 Like

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by specialmati(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
wonderr:
if you think you have gotten the right person try 6 months without giving her Kobo and see how she will define what a right person really means to your dumb head
grin grin grin grin grin grin most of you come from homes that was not built on love but material things,and to think that its the money you are giving women that keeps them. alot of them has their money but cant keep a happy home. when you want to marry pray( e get why)there are alot of wonderful lady out there to give you a happy home those that can take out time and pray for you.even help you stand when your finances are not going well.dont go and toast or marry a jezebel and be judging Mary or Ruth or Esther if you are not an elethus

3 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by BRATISLAVA: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Ahhh. God. They asked you to share a good story... you started well, then went off track to be yabbing women and NL women. Do you fking know any of us offline?? Na curse?? Can you not just 100% share what you want to share and leave it at that?? Do you not see a good model for women in your own mom? Or do you not see as you are as a result of the brainwashing going on??

Because if we go into this deep now, you won't have any meaningful 'crime' to attribute to women, just a regurgitation of what you've been reading!

Which more?? Really. Tell me. Which more do you want them to do? How many NL women do you know to call them lazy?? undecided

Answer me this, too. Why do you say women don't like saying their own side of the story?? Why do you believe so? And have you not seen women commenting here?

How is not 'not of commenting on posts' because of our laziness? I don't get. So, if we comment on every posts, sharing our opinions, you'll say we're addicted to attention and social media, now you think we're not commenting, you're saying it's because of laziness and negligence. Do you even read what you're commenting??

LMAO.

The way these semi-men post is deranged.

They have concluded, without any proof, that all women aren't intelligent and can't do assignments. Yet they were in the same class. What exactly does that tell us about such a man? If he thinks the women are dumb and they are in the same class, then he must be just as dumb too.

They need an intelligent woman always, because of pointless stereotypes, as if they are intelligent themselves. They actually believe their mothers and mothers of old are intelligent. Aren't those ones unintelligent females too? ;DThe misogyny is making them more stupid than they must already be.

They want women to comment but once there's a thread, the ones on the forest floor eating snakes take over. This forum is a cesspit of low level males. One has to conclude they are all villagers in some horrible place where sense is forbidden. Their background becomes so obvious once they post. Shortly, they will post some scabies with their filthy feet in the background, asking us what to do about it with their famed intelligence. LMAO.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by BRATISLAVA: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
cayorday89:
For my mum and dad, they have their ups and downs, but it's mostly argument.
For the most important aspect of this topic of women staying true to their husband goes thus, many years ago, my dad on the line of duty were attacked by armed robbers killing all except him but left with a damaged leg which was later amputated, mum took care of him, and she engaged in different businesses just to maintain the family source of income, although dads salary was not stopped but it was not enough because most were spent on treatment, drugs, amidst other things, he was a civil servant and he did not go to work for a period of six years and little or no promotion, mum took to paying my school fees while my dad focused on my siblings.

Why can't you people ever talk about men staying true to their wives? Or are faithfulness, perseverance and loyalty only qualities for women? Is it that you people revel in sufferings of women as a test of character, while you never give such in return?

Why must Nigerian women suffer to prove they are good enough to Nigerian men? There's a problem with Nigerian men. This over-flogged looking for who is there in the hard times only is becoming boring. As if women were built to suffer and take all manner of things from men who can't do the same.

7 Likes

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by cayorday89(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Why can't you people ever talk about men staying true to their wives? Or are faithfulness, perseverance and loyalty only qualities for women? Is it that you people revel in sufferings of women as a test of character, while you never give such in return?

Why must Nigerian women suffer to prove they are good enough to Nigerian men? There's a problem with Nigerian men. This over-flogged looking for who is there in the hard times only is becoming boring. As if women were built to suffer and take all manner of things from men who can't do the same.

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by cayorday89(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

The OP talked about how women are been bashed and how many are still there even in tough times and wants people to share experiences of how wome are still faithful as opposed to the thread lamenting of how a man's wife treated him after losing his job. Nothing more. As for men, even without asking majority will still do what is expected of them and even more in marriage and this thread is to encourage men that there are still faithful women who will stay through it all.
Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by BRATISLAVA: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You claim ladies don't comment because of laziness -- can you explain what you mean by that? What's does our not commenting have to do with negligence?

Is NL your basis for judging reality? You actually listen to what men say on NL and used it to judge? Between your parents' marriage and what strangers are saying online, which are you supposed to believe? Can you not think for yourself? Men say, men say, no married man say.

You also said ladies should do more -- more in what aspect? More about what?

You are a SINGLE guy that just commented on a thread, and you BADMOUTHED ladies based on what other guys are saying, now do you realize that those other guys are prolly SINGLE as you are and saying nonsense about women? How do you know all the men commenting are married? Have YOU had any (personal) bad experiences with women? Because all you're claiming is, 'one man said, one man said, a married man said.' You can't THINK for yourself, without others telling you what to think? How OLD are you?

How many married men do you know offline? How many have you met? How many comments of married men on Nairaland have you read? You want to tell me that on this thread, you can't find a man that'll have something good to say about his wife abi? Do you try to listen to the good men and the good things they have to say?

Are you a terrible person? Are all men terrible? So when feminists say men are scum and don't have anything good to say about men, they are right? I'm curious too. Because if no man has anything good to say about ladies and you reached a conclusion, then the feminists that don't have anything good to say about men are also telling the truth.

Fire? Where? So you really believe women are terrible then? Abi. And you know and believe and are already prepared to end up with a terrible woman. OK.

This gal is on fire!

This gal is on fayaaaaaa!

1000 likes.

1 Like

Re: There Are Still Good days in Marriage. by CHoccolaTE: 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Funny how all the stories of one spouse staying in trying times to help are all about wives supporting their husbands.
Nobody said anything about their father praying for their mother or staying to take care of her when she was bedridden.

Men have always been the ones benefiting more from marriage. They are now bitterly complaining because things have changed, now the current woke generation of women refuse to be relegated to the background of submitting and praying housegirl wives.

Una sorry oh, sorry that girls no longer believe in tolerating infidelity and maltreatment and all manner of sufferhead just to stay married.
Things have changed, deal with it or keep complaining and then shut up.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Married Men Date Married Women / I Need A Young, Dark Skinned, Wealthy Igbo man for Marriage. / I THANK God For Giving Me Another Bouncing Baby BOY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.