Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? (44068 Views)

Tosin Jegede Back With A Bang(Her New Look After 20 Years) / 'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / Olo Mi -- By Tosin Martins. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by femi4love(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2007
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by deezzle(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2007
femi4love:

Can one of the old timers here remind who sang this song please?

"You are my sweetie, my sugar, my babie, my lover, so honey let me hold you, let me looove u, foreeeever, o yeah!. grin grin

i think that was eddy grant
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by deezzle(m): 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2007
who remembers dem old kollington, Barrister songs like
"e queue" tomoda ma wi o a i queue lo gbode"

Fuji Garbage

Fuji Ropopo

Ijo yoyo

etc

And Shina Peters with his aviators, Afrjuju shina peter igba ti wa lode

wat about Bongos ikwe or somn

Cock Crows at dawn
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by femi4love(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2007
[/quote][quote author=deezzle link=topic=69155.msg1354185#msg1354185 date=1186150497]
i think that was eddy grant

I've checked the list of songs by Eddy Grant, but this is not listed there!!! Eddy Grant is more into reggae I believe.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2007
there is this online movies i think Izogn.com or something they have oldies cock crow at dawn shows. and you can listen to the music. but please where can one find a cd of Bongos Ikwe Where Is Bongos Ikwe now?? cry
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by Shinor(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
That song " let me love you forever" is not by Eddy Grant. Its by the sierra Leonean Bunny Mack. He is more of a DJ now and can be caught playing "saro" parties. Was resident at a club in Catford london in the mid 90's.

Mandators-Victor Tony Essiet is in LA. managed by one the hottest reggae management companies( Wayne Wonder's management)

Kimono is in LA too. With his whole family.

Terra Kota the sodom man is SUPPOSED to be in the US but not a word since he left Nigeria-i really wonder why he is.

Yes Dizzy K is now a Pastor with his church on Walworth rd , London beside Iceland.

Majek Fashek was member of a reggae group -JAHSTIX - made up of Amos Mcroy- Bass, JAH RICE- drums( currently in prison in Holland for murder), George Orwell- keyboard ( I just love the guy's name) Majek-lead guitar and vocals. There's one of them left out. He went solo but cant remeber his name. Fantastic session men-these guys.

@omoge I can confidently guess your age now and same goes for everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Remember BLACKMAN Akeem Kareem? He's a pastor too in London.

I was in the music industry in the 80's as a Sound System DJ . The first artiste to Clash with Terra Kota and Kimono and kill them same time.
Venue? Federal School of Arts and science Victoria Island( Now KC Sixth Form)
June 1984

Nuff memories me brethren, NUFF said
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2007
guessing age is that what you are in here for? what has age got to do with it? okay, na me born you!

don't nuff anything here and come acting like some groundnut seller by the road side, spoiling fun for others. if you don't have anything to contribute go drink kin kin and sleep away the friday my friend. age got nothing to do with it, i have been taking music in School since last year and so interested. i love music of the 60's 70's 80's 90's and 2000's.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by femi4love(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2007
omoge:

guessing age is that what you are in here for? what has age got to do with it? okay, na me born you!

don't nuff anything here and come acting like some groundnut seller by the road side, spoiling fun for others. if you don't have anything to contribute go drink kin kin and sleep away the friday my friend. age got nothing to do with it, i have been taking music in School since last year and so interested. i love music of the 60's 70's 80's 90's and 2000's.

ah aah! Omoge, wetin now? The guy just dey joke now haba! Abi you wan fight am before smiley

@Shinor
Thanks jare oga. E be like say we go be age group sort of. Have a good weekend and don't mind Iyalode Omoge. grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by aloib(f): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2007
omoge:

hahaha he was joking nw, lol, mo ti ku
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 12:01am On Aug 04, 2007
nah no wanna fight no one but some pple sabi sabi too much. yeah wetin grin which kin yoke or joke be that? when he come dey guess a whole OMOGE age confidentially or how he put am sef, grin i can as well be a 90 something years old or an 20 something years old, i don't need Shinar Pete to remind me bo grin.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by Shinor(m): 12:13am On Aug 04, 2007
@omoge, I beg O. Was simply joking.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2007
all right, joke then. next time no joke reach my place i beg you.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by aloib(f): 1:17am On Aug 04, 2007
babe, easy now, hahahaha, lmaooooo, ahan, no joke reach my place, dang!!
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 1:37am On Aug 04, 2007
i'm cool  cool grin

i can only hear the sound of the cock crow at dawn.
yeah uncle basil plant the corn,
uncle gaga steal the corn
oops i just murdered that song grin who sabi sing am?
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by bennnie(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2007
i love this .you guys want to make me cry.i'm already feeling nostalgic just hearing the names of all those nigerian musicians of old. i would be really grateful if vsomeone can tell all these musicians to put their old songs on cd's so that we can relieve those happy days again.bunmi olajubu,tosin jegede ,nelly uchendu ,onyeka onwenu ,chris mba ,chris hanem,chris okotie, terracota.lijadu sisters,sunshine sisters,roseline ogunro,alex zitto,alex o,danny wilson,blacky,nico mbarga,waleman,jambos express,orlando julius,bongos ikwue,veno marioghae,evi edna,sunny okosun,lieutenant shotgun,funmi adams,dizzy k falola ,mandy ojugbana(taxi driver) christy essien igbokwe.the list goes on and on on, i would be relly grateful if we can have the songs of these artiste again.i must confess that most of our radio stations are not doing their job properly as custodians of our music heritage.They hardly play most of these old good music.FRCN is an exemption sha,they've been doing their best.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by bennnie(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2007
The song 'is actually the soundtrack of cock crow at dawn and it goes thus:

YOU CAN HEAR THE BIRDS SING IN THE MORNING
YOU CAN EVEN HEAR THE WATER SPLASHING DOWN THE HILL ,KIND OF ROARING
YOU CAN SEE THE SUN GOING DOWN
AND THE PEOPLE AS THEY GO BYE WITHOUT A FROWN
HERE THE TRAFFIC NEVER JAMS
COST NOT MUCH TO BUY SOME YAMS
AND THE NEIGBHOUR SAYS HELLO
YOU CAN EVEN HEAR THE SOUND OF THE COCKROW AT DAWN.

THE SOUNDTRACK WAS WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY BONGOS IKWUE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by ToToChoper: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2007
Awww,so so many memories.

Ok,ok,there are bits of this certain yoruba song I used to use to kick games to the ladies in my JSS class then.
Toastin toastin
[i'm not a Yoruba indegene,so bear with me].
It goes like this.

ki lo nshe lon suegbe, ki lo
nshe lon sluggish  grin grin grin

Who sang this song?
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by doyinakin(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2007
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by riffy: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2007
I really do love what you guy are doing on nairaland, you guy took me way back and i really enjoy it. do keep it up and God bless you all.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by riffy: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2007
you guys are good . thanks all this information on this old guys , i wish they can do a show and get them all back.God bless you all
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by suze(f): 1:17am On Aug 05, 2007
Plsssssss does anyone know where i can download onyeka's songs from and also felix liberty:Ifeoma, plsssssss i realy love those songs.Doyin do you know? tongue undecided
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by Ndipe(m): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2007
Nigeria was such an awesome place to live!. I miss my country dearly. I wonder if such memories would be there for me when I ever move back home.

What happened to this musician who was a protege of Sonny Okosun? Her name is Yvonne Maha. She was a sensation in the early 80's. About Evi Edna Ogholi, I did not know too much about her, but yeah, I did read some unsavory reports about the state of her marriage to Emma Ogosi. Thought they had reconciled.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by dejirocka(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2007
I turned my computer on to try and find that OFEGE album-I've been searching for two years!'
to discover this site.God I'm I proud to be Nigerian.I'm quivering with excitement,like a little boy,
on the eve of his birthday as i type this piece.Whoever wanted to know the artist who made "
LET ME LOVE YOU" - that's the titleand not the hook"my sweetie,my sugar,sun mo'bi,let me love you"!, the
answer is BUNNY MACK.I have the original 12.Who remembers Joromi by Dr victor UWAIFO?
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by doyin13(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2007
@dejirocka

I posted Uwaifo's Joromi on this thread already

http://rapidshare.com/files/46693638/139_-_08_Joromi_Monkey_Yanga.mp3.html

I've got some Bongos Ikwe if anyone is interested.

I don't think there are too popular though.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by doyin13(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2007
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by aloib(f): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2007
thanks sir!!!
do u ave any recent naija songs, my hard drive crashed and lost all my kini, eshe sir cheesy
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by question(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2007
Yvonne Maha, where is she?

If I had a wing I will fly
If I had a wing I will fly
I will fly, fly away
Over the mountains
Over the seas, where my love is waiting for me.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by dejirocka(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2007
Would people stop singing my favourite eighties jam wrongly.
everytime a throw this joint at parties oldtimers get the words all twisted!
Anyone remember the song LOVE AINT NO HOLIDAY? I've got the lyrics in my
head still-my brother had the album and the 12" remix.Here goes:
YOU'RE MY SHOT OF MOTIVATION
YOU'RE WHAT GETS ME THROUGH THE DAY
YOU'RE MY SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY
YOU'RE THE LIGHT ALONG THE WAY,
Well does anyone know the rest or you want the lot? Discuss
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by raphy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2007
wazzup!
i know alot bout all d old school musician u ppl are taikin bout,
i d girl called tosin jegede we use 2 live close @ apapa marine
road her dad use 2 ask me if i could marry haer doughter when i was
much yonger she sang a song like
parents listen 2 ur children
we are d leaders of 2morrow
try 2 paay our school fees
and giv us a good education.
somtin like tht i remeber but i use 2 tink of her,wwhen i sing d song her dad see me
he will tell me will u marry her cheesy i will just smile.

as for all d rest i know ras kimono.orits wiliki.mike okrin many oda wink
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by sophienwa(f): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2007
suze:

Plsssssss does anyone know where i can download onyeka's songs from and also felix liberty:Ifeoma, plsssssss i realy love those songs.Doyin do you know? tongue undecided

i have onyeka's ekwe, bia nulu, halleluyah chimle and one love on my computer; send me your e-mail addy or 2 protect your privacy,open a new email 4 this purpose and i'll send them to u.
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by omoge(f): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2007
@sophie

which other ones do you have? i'd like to ask you to send me too if okay with you. wink
Re: Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? by suze(f): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2007
sophienwa:

i have onyeka's ekwe, bia nulu, halleluyah chimle and one love on my computer; send me your e-mail addy or 2 protect your privacy,open a new email 4 this purpose and i'll send them to u.

Whao!! Thanxx! a lot sophie!! kiss cheesy

Plsss send: bia nulu, ekwe, halleluyah chimle, one love, you and I.

My email is
Thaaaaaaanx! again. I'll be expecting your mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? / Album : Umu Obiligbo - Udo Ga Adi (full Album Download) / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.