Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer (27359 Views)

Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by dre11(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2021
The lawyer said the VAPP law has expanded the meaning of rape to now include any kind of touch on any part of the body considered inappropriate.

Husbands can be charged for rape for inappropriately touching their wives according to the new Violence Against Persons Prohibition law, says a lawyer, Douglas Ogbankwa.

Mr Ogbankwa, a former spokesman of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Benin Branch, said this on Wednesday in an interview with NAN.

He said that prior to the domestication of the VAPP Law in some states of the federation, it was legally impossible for a husband to be accused of raping his wife.

Mr Ogbankwe said that this was basically due to exceptions established by the penal laws in some parts of the country, which excluded a husband from accusations of rape of his wife, and vice versa.

He, however, said that following domestication of the VAPP law, the position has effectively changed and it now makes a husband culpable of raping his wife even by advances or touches considered inappropriate.

The legal practitioner said that this development has also led to a reduction in the standard of proof required to prove rape.

“Before the coming into fruition of VAPP Law in some states, a husband was (legally) incapable of raping his wife.

“This was due to the exceptions created by the Criminal Code Law in southern states and the Penal Code Law in northern states.

“The law stipulated that rape can only be done against persons other than ones’ wife.

“In the same law, a woman was incapable of raping a man, which was a lacuna that worked against men who in fact had become victims of rape.

“The VAPP law has now made provisions for what is considered spousal rape, which can either be a rape of either a husband or a wife by the other spouse.

“This has now been categorised as violence against persons,” he said.

The former NBA publicist noted that there was also an expansion of the law, which had also expanded the meaning of rape to now include any kind of touch on any part of the body considered inappropriate.

“You find that what was ordinarily referred to as sexual harassment or assault in the criminal and penal code, has now assumed the appellation of rape.

“This has thus reduced the standard of proof of rape, from producing a cogent medical report from a medical professional with proof of penetration, to now a voice evidence depicting inappropriate touch of a man by a woman and vice versa,” Mr Ogbankwa said.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/husband-touching-his-wife-inappropriately-is-rape-under-new-vapp-law-lawyer/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by money121(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wahala be like Rape oo

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Inappropriate touching ke?

Wetin pesin no go see for this country biko nu?

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by TheStakeHolder(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
NONSENSE

lipsrsealed

181 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
If true, this is good news for Nigeria. Hopefully we can read the details of the law itself to better assess for ourselves. undecided

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by odinson1(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
What about wife inappropriately touching her husband without his consent?

As all of una wan crase so

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Una even dey read for this forum

Na for both man and woman the law affect

But I swear the law nor go get head

You nor dey see wetin dem put as the Headline? undecided

If the law TRULY affects both man and woman,then the headline wouldn't have been "Husband touching his wife inappropriately..."

135 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by longetivity(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
This dumb law cannot work here o

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by longetivity(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
Na this kind of Law go dey make marriage quick scatter grin

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by kingphilip(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
If you never marry, gather here make we watch this law we'll see how many people go land for jail

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Jecci(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nigeria prisons wey don full before go overflow if this law is implemented cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by crackhaus: 3:08am On Dec 30, 2021
The VAPP law has now made provisions for what is considered spousal rape, which can either be a rape of either a husband or a wife by the other spouse.

This has thus reduced the standard of proof of rape, from producing a cogent medical report from a medical professional with proof of penetration, to now a voice evidence depicting inappropriate touch of a man by a woman and vice versa,” Mr Ogbankwa said.

I'm just really happy that this law is going both ways.

Whether it makes any sense or not doesn't even concern me.

As long as both males & females are at liberty to accuse their spouses (or anyone else) of rape whenever they are touched inappropriately, then everywhere good... cool

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by LesbianBoy(m): 3:53am On Dec 30, 2021
The way this world is going, I pity the male gender

Simps are just making all these funny laws that favours women

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2021
Lol... .where's that guy again? "Its this kind of thing that makes me kick someone with my boots."

Which one is inappropriate touch from husband to wife again?

So where is the man not supposed to touch in the womans body he paid and performmed all the marriage rights on? Ruuubish! Misplaced priorities every where.

Is this the women empowerment programs they should organize to better and improve the quality of the life of so many women suffering in their marriages? Dumb move.

Any woman who doesn't want to be touched anyhow, ( as long as it's not to harm) should remain in her father's house because the thing men like most is that "press press" and "touch touch". if you remove all that, wetin remain for the man again? Ndi Uchu.

They make laws that they themselves can't keep. See FFK been flouting court order since, restricting Chi from seeing her children. No body called him to order. Its a law to deny a man of his marital rights they wake up to impose.

We no want una yeye law.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Acidosis(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2021
crackhaus:

I'm just really happy that this law is going both ways.

Whether it makes any sense or not doesn't even concern me.

As long as both males & females are at liberty to accuse their spouses (or anyone else) of rape whenever they are touched inappropriately, then everywhere good... cool

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by cococandy(f): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2021
Watch people who swear they will never understand the meaning of consent have a fit. Basically you can’t do anything sexually to anyone that they do not agree to. Regardless of your relationship with them. It’s not complicated. Don’t complicate it

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Islie: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2021
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Ugaboy: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
They want to send more men to jail

May this kind law hunt the law maker...

Devorces loading...

my signature may make sense to you

8 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Lagosianswag: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
So if my spouse gropes my penis without my consent in the middle of the night, I can sue for RAPE lipsrsealed

Another "get-out-of-marriage card" tongue

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by revived2: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Eti Yawerey

3 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by EXLOVER(m): 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wife that i paid her bride prize, transported my people to her community with my hard earned money, the law wasn't there, i decided to touch my wife to put her in the mode, then she refuse, she report me. God punish the law.

Una nor dey put law for government matter na towtow and prick matter una dey put law for

flakkybakky:
Bros be calming down now,na y d thing come pain u like this grin

You sef reason am na, touching touching wey husband and wife dey enjoy normally, law dor involve.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by slawormiir: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

odinson1:
What about wife inappropriately touching her husband without his consent?

As all of una wan crase so
Una even dey read for this forum

Na for both man and woman the law affect

But I swear the law nor go get head

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by PrinceOfLagos: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mad people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Karlovych: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
embarassed Ipob lawyer

3 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Me I no dey touch my own o na she dey use her hand dey chook am put by herself

4 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by ImoleNaija: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
The position has effectively changed and it now makes a husband culpable of raping his wife even by advances or touches considered inappropriate.

The VAPP law has now made provisions for what is considered spousal rape, which can either be a rape of either a husband or a wife by the other spouse.

You play feminism under my roof, I neglect you, your food & our bed. You come to the sofa or visitor's room where I dey sleep jejely, you touch or tickle me, I sue you & cash out.

Leju pa, ma r'erin, kala, daju.... many many were wa n'le.... repete...zeh!

18 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahala for Men wey don marry wife oooo, touch or fvck her anyhow and go to jail

9 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by silvoclaira: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
undecided
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Badonasty(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahala dey…enough woman will take advantage of this
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Frank150: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
The law protects women a lot
Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Bastard1stborn: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
I was raped last night. I swear to God. Its a long story abd I can't type it

3 Likes

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by olisaEze(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
If I have a wife that looks like realwarripikin or mercy Johnson ama commit me some rape every damn night and many times in the day for as long as I can keep it up! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer by Chatflick(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
They make it seem as if Wives don't touch their husbands inappropriately too. Abeg Men also get raped

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Ceremony in U.S.: NEED HELP! / A Nairalander's Daughter Clocks 1 Today / Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.