Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? (27263 Views)

What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / Please What Does Na Dem Dey Rush Us Mean? / Help! What Do ND And HND Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Posa: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ever wondered what Ccand BCC means when sending an email
Wonder no more
Cc stands for "carbon copy."

Anyone you add to the "cc" field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. All other recipients of that message can see that person you designated as a cc: recipient.

Bcc: stands for "blind carbon copy." Anyone you add to the bcc: field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. But, bcc: recipients are invisible and their identities concealed to all the other recipients of the message including other Bcc: recipients.

Now what is the importance of this knowledge of Cc and Bcc?

Sometimes if you are being referred by someone to apply for a job, you may sometimes need to put the person that referred you in copy to further strengthen your chances. Its more like a referral.

If you want the person you send the application, to know who referred you, you use Cc, if you want to code it, so other don't know about other recipient you use Bcc.

Mods pls move to FP for wider views

182 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Amwitty(f): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wow serious eye opener thanks OP.
Lala please do the needful insightful reviews like this should be at the front page. T thanks

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Ahmback(m): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
And i've been too lazy for years to google this. Thanks op

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by christaddicted: 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Chai! And I've being using any of them. Like any one serve same purpose. Eweee!
Thanks Op.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by cassidy1996(m): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cc = Carbon copy (whoever you copied or sent the mail to is seen by others )
Bcc =Blind carbon copy (whoever you copied or sent the mail to is not seen by others. kind of private)

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Phils: 12:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB
TO is the principal recipient of the mail;
CC is the secondary recipient of the mail;
BCC is the tertiary recipient of the mail.

When sending cc to more than one person, it is considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by shortgun(m): 12:09am On Dec 30, 2021
We learn everyday

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Odunharry(m): 12:45am On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB

When sending cc to more than one person, it considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.
Some see it as offence if you dnt list the emails/names in order of Seniority or rank.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Styluss: 3:53am On Dec 30, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Jayboi(m): 4:56am On Dec 30, 2021
Wow. Very insightful. Never knew this till now.

9 Likes

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by seankim(m): 5:50am On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:

NB

When sending cc to more than one person, it considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.
You’re right man. Just went through some general mails from my hr.

3 Likes

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by decub: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2021
Posa:
Ever wondered what Ccand BCC means when sending an email
Wonder no more
Cc stands for "carbon copy."
Anyone you add to the "cc" field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. All other recipients of that message can see that person you designated as a cc: recipient.

Bcc: stands for "blind carbon copy." Anyone you add to the bcc: field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. But, bcc: recipients are invisible and their identities concealed to all the other recipients of the message including other Bcc: recipients.

Now what is the importance of this knowledge of Cc and Bcc?

Sometimes if you are being referred by someone to apply for a job, you may sometimes need to put the person that referred you in copy to further strengthen your chances. Its more like a referral.

If you want the person you send the application, to know who referred you, you use Cc, if you want to code it, so other don't know about other recipient you use Bcc
Mods pls move to FP for wider views

Good!

Also, if the sent mail is replied (reply all), the BCC'ed won't receive a copy of the mail.

18 Likes

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by omowolewa: 7:04am On Dec 30, 2021
Learnt
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by KekeMaruwa: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2021
CC= copy copy
BCC: but Copy Copy

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Laggafin: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2021
This is very good info..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by ThatFairGuy1: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2021
Educative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by EXLOVER(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2021
CC - Crédit Card

BCC - Bank Customer Care
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2021
I can't really say about BCC
But I can tell you about BMC

7 Likes

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2021
BCC: if you want to blast combo list.
CC: if you want to report hackers threat to your boss.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by ignis: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2021
I know this since 20 years ago.

5 Likes

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by UncleKoboko: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2021
grin
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by cliqtips: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2021
CC stands for Carbon Copy,
while BCC stands for stands for Blind Carbon Copy

2. When you CC, all recipients will see everyone you copied or you are sending the same email to i.e the email address appears after the Cc

while if you BCC, other recipients will not see everyone you copied or you are sending the same email to i.e -> the Email address of the recipients specified in this field do not appear in the received message header and the recipients in the To or Cc fields will not know that a copy sent to these address.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Evii: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2021
CC stands for carbon copy while BCC stands for blind carbon copy...
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by ThatFairGuy1: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2021
I don give you work. Ntorrrr
1613t:
[s][/s]

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by HereAtIt(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2021
Nice one
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by iHart(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2021
I thought you are asking us what they mean?

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by wisdom042(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2021
The CC allows the receiver to know where and who sent the Email while the BCC the receiver won't be able to know or see the senders Email and it can also be sent to multiple Emails at the same time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System / Tough English Tongue Twisters To Help Your Grammar And Pronunciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.