Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? (27293 Views)

What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / Please What Does Na Dem Dey Rush Us Mean? / Help! What Do ND And HND Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Ahmback(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2021
wahala grin grin grin
FreelanceRebel:

I was thought that in Jss2 Business Studies class in 2001.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by professore(m): 10:58am On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB
TO is the principal recipient of the mail;
CC is the secondary recipient of the mail;
BCC is the tertiary recipient of the mail.

When sending cc to more than one person, it is considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.
nice imput
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Ouchbabe(f): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2021
I know these before now.
On behalf of those who just learnt here, I say a big "Thank you"
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by pgmind: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2021
Posa:
Ever wondered what Ccand BCC means when sending an email
Wonder no more
Cc stands for "carbon copy."

Anyone you add to the "cc" field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. All other recipients of that message can see that person you designated as a cc: recipient.

Bcc: stands for "blind carbon copy." Anyone you add to the bcc: field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. But, bcc: recipients are invisible and their identities concealed to all the other recipients of the message including other Bcc: recipients.

Now what is the importance of this knowledge of Cc and Bcc?

Sometimes if you are being referred by someone to apply for a job, you may sometimes need to put the person that referred you in copy to further strengthen your chances. Its more like a referral.

If you want the person you send the application, to know who referred you, you use Cc, if you want to code it, so other don't know about other recipient you use Bcc.

Mods pls move to FP for wider views

New knowledge added
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Simpubozz(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2021
decub:

Good!

Also, if the sent mail is replied (reply all), the BCC'ed won't receive a copy of the mail.
Omo! Chai! We learn everyday o
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by chukzyfcbb: 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB
TO is the principal recipient of the mail;
CC is the secondary recipient of the mail;
BCC is the tertiary recipient of the mail.

When sending cc to more than one person, it is considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.
If you are an employee I hope you don't do this when sending mails from your corporate email, otherwise when a fraud case happens that you know nothing about, when investigation starts you would be found culpable and have to explain why you BCC your private email.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by ogechchukwu: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cc ..close cooperation

Bcc..mean ..Baptist church Certificate
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by GROWTHSET(m): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Bravo absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Hkff: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
Oh
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by dami2boi(m): 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
EXLOVER:
CC - Crédit Card

BCC - Bank Customer Care

Nobody should send gifts to this Moniker.
Let see what you can do about the bolded above
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Simplefaithy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks to the OP for this info.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / JAMB Speaks On Rescheduling 2019 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.