Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed (614 Views)

Advice Needed: I Want To Start A Business / ICAN/ATS Induction Ceremony On Monday...advice Needed. / Professional Advice Needed: CISA vs CIBN vs ACCA ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by Teejayl(f): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2011
Hello house, i really need your help on this. I completed my NYSC february this year,and after many failed attempts of securing a good job,i decided to take up a job as a supervisor in a filling station,so i can take care of my basic needs and also avoid being idle at home. I am the youngest of them all,the only graduate amongst them,and the only non-yoruba(im not being tribalistic) The problem im having in this work place is that i find it very difficult to handle the attendants,they prefer to do things at will,they all come late,and they never take instructions,murmur at d slightest instruction. My boss puts the blame on me,and even when i try to explain things to him,he'll say that im not doing my job well. All these is making the job frustrating to me. I really need your advice on what to do and how to handle the attendants. Thanks for taking your time to read. Im sorry if i bored you with my long story.
Re: Advice Needed by AjanleKoko: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
Are they all behaving the same way? Every single one of them?
If they are, then a conspiracy's afoot. You need to be very firm with them, and hold them up to good behaviour. Watch them closely for any indiscretion, and if you find any, report them to the owner.
Re: Advice Needed by DisGuy: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
in addition to that, anyone that does what you want say for example comes in early,look alert or neat, commend him/her- the ones that do the right thing give them a bit of preferential treatment

If they had inductions (code of conduct) when they started try to read it to them everyday (like an assembly) or just to the ones that are misbehaving
telling them the Boss is requesting a weekly incident reports

Make them know you have the backing of the Boss

ignore the murmuring, old people can be tough to work with esp with
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2011
all kinds of runs in filling stations

especially undermeasuring - basicqally, if u take a 20 litre measuring can and pump 20 litres into it, the love-vendor will read 21, 22 or more litres

its a scam pracised in several outlets

and there is no way to curb it because of the amounts involved.

a station dealer can make million additional profit by undermeasuring.

then if he /she is unaware and his staff are doing the runs by themselves. . .

on hears of station attendants building houses

that is where a lot of the beef is coming from - you're a new face, and they can't place you

best advise, LEAVE .

in my experience, even if they get busted, it will be on you. and if u try to report it they can try to kill you. I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. i work in te downstream oil and gas industry
Re: Advice Needed by Teejayl(f): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2011
@Dis guy and Ajanlekoko,tnx very much for ur advice. Will try that and see how it works.
@Oyb,everything you said is true,im working seriously and praying hard to get a good job,then i can take my leave in peace. Thanks a lot for ur time and advice
Re: Advice Needed by adesuaobin(f): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
firstly let to control you anger under pressure
secondly let to have good odour like good mouth ache
thirdly let to put first.
for more information on mouth ache because this is most of all go to this website www.mynateralmouthfreshbreath.com

(1) (Reply)

Driver Wanted Urgently / Interview: Please I Need Hints On Telecoms Corporate Sales / Software Engineer & Supervisor Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.