Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? (1177 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Emmatheo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hello! Please a brother really need your advice, I'm a young man that want to go into farming but I'm really not sure which of pepper or tomatoes farming I should go into,I've gotten a piece of land,thanks .
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Kingpin1000: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
I am not into farming business but I know we use pepper in virtually everything we cook. I cant say that for tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by nevachange(f): 5:31am On Dec 31, 2021
Both are lucrative. You should look for which is faster. As a farmer. the faster you can get your product off the farm the faster you make money.
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Ufeolorun(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
its about the timing: i have sold pepper for 15k per bag and towards the endof october 2021, it was going for 3k per feed bag.
speak to the sellers of either of these two to establish the trend and then link up with people who have skills to train you how to farm either.
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Emmatheo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks so much
Ufeolorun:
its about the timing: i have sold pepper for 15k per bag and towards the endof october 2021, it was going for 3k per feed bag.
speak to the sellers of either of these two to establish the trend and then link up with people who have skills to train you how to farm either.
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Earthstorms(m): 6:27am On Jan 01, 2022
Emmatheo:
Hello! Please a brother really need your advice, I'm a young man that want to go into farming but I'm really not sure which of pepper or tomatoes farming I should go into,I've gotten a piece of land,thanks .

From your writeup, it seems like you are new to farming.

Farming is a business, and lack of adequate training before venturing into a business is recipe for business failure and losing your money.

Pepper is more hardy than tomatoes in terms of disease resistance, as a novice I will advice you to go for pepper when compared to tomatoes.

But it will be better for you to grow what the locals in the area are growing. That will be your best bet of getting a successful farm as you will be following a known path and not experimenting, unless you have undergone specific training or research that will help you succeed in growing plants that are not native to your area.
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by lereinter(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vegetable farming for business is a very intricate farming

You must have capital

You must have the farming knowledge

You must the needed inputs

You should be capable to carry out dry season farming to maximise profit
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Curious345: 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
lereinter:

Vegetable farming for business is a very intricate farming

You must have capital

You must have the farming knowledge

You must the needed inputs

You should be capable to carry out dry season farming to maximise profit

I've always loved farming ..

My dad dad had over 400 goats sheeps ram cows combined .before he died..

Am hoping to get started this year
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by lereinter(m): 9:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
Curious345:
I've always loved farming ..

My dad dad had over 400 goats sheeps ram cows combined .before he died..

Am hoping to get started this year

You don't want to continue in the goat farming
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by Curious345: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
lereinter:

You don't want to continue in the goat farming
I was not around when he died , by the time I returned , all the goats have disappeared and were lost .

Very painful
Re: Please,which Of Tomatoes And Pepper Farming Is More Lucrative? by lereinter(m): 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
Curious345:
I was not around when he died , by the time I returned , all the goats have disappeared and were lost .

Very painful

Alright

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture Is The Only Way Out For The Unemployed !!! / Ever Wondered Why Animals Abroad Grow Bigger & Faster?here Is One Of The Secrets / This Python Was Killed At The Back Of My Shop This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.