Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? (7651 Views)

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official / N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2021
Good Evening fellow pilots and a happy New Year in advance.

Let's get down to business, without much debating, over here in Benin City, the price is outrageous.

Before it was 36, now it's 47k, what the hell is responsible for the increase, I can never tell.

What's it like in your state or City?

Lalasticlala

Heavenlybang

Presegs

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by Lavisha(f): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
So, you bought a car finally?!

Change of Ownership in Kogi is 5k.
Meanwhile, you cannot do the C of O only, you have to wait till the current papers expires I e Road worthiness, Tax, insurance, licence etc.

I did All my Car Papers for 12k in Dec 2019, last week I renewed the papers excluding the C of O, I still paid 12k cos it's an Express ( same day) job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lavisha:
So, you bought a car finally?!

Change of Ownership in Kogi is 5k.
Meanwhile, you cannot do the C of O only, you have to wait till the current papers expires I e Road worthiness, Tax, insurance, licence etc.

I did All my Car Papers for 12k in Dec 2019, last week I renewed the papers excluding the C of O, I still paid 12k cos it's an Express ( same day) job.

No Ma'am, am yet to grin

A friend of mine got one and i went to their office with him
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by sandammy(m): 2:38am On Jan 02, 2022
With the change of ownership, and renewal of all papers with 3rd party insurance I was charged 70k here in Lagos. The least I saw was 65k. Man had no choice and it actually took them 6weeks. Just imagine

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Depending on the state and type of vehicle, in Lagos 65k-70k,ogun 50k-60k....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by seunayeni(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2022
sandammy:
With the change of ownership, and renewal of all papers with 3rd party insurance I was charged 70k here in Lagos. The least I saw was 65k. Man had no choice and it actually took them 6weeks. Just imagine
It's quite sad...I reluctantly coughed out 93k for change of ownership,car papers, insurance and drivers license renewal...I wanted to cry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
seunayeni:
It's quite sad...I reluctantly coughed out 93k for change of ownership,car papers, insurance and drivers license renewal...I wanted to cry sad

Haaa kilode? Na truck? 93k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 5:17am On Jan 04, 2022
sandammy:
shocked

This is even worst than I thought

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 5:23am On Jan 04, 2022
seunayeni:
I think this is deliberate from the part of those guys extortionist

93k?

This thing is very depressing, and no one seems to be talking about it
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by seunayeni(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2022
ospreywin:

Haaa kilode? Na truck? 93k
the figure includes 20k for driver's license renewal. 65k for the change of ownership and all. 8k for car particulars because previous owner didnt renew papers since it expired December 2020...thats why it amounts to 93k .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by seunayeni(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
skywalker240:

I think this is deliberate from the part of those guys extortionist

93k?

This thing is very depressing, and no one seems to be talking about it
They all say the govt increased the rate, thats why its that expensive....To use Car now no be Bobo juice oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
seunayeni:
the figure includes 20k for driver's license renewal. 65k for the change of ownership and all. 8k for car particulars because previous owner didnt renew papers since it expired December 2020...thats why it amounts to 93k .
Better.... Now that you explained we can understand. Thought change of ownership only is 93k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
seunayeni:
They all say the govt increased the rate, thats why its that expensive....To use Car now no be Bobo juice oo
So alarming Sir

Benin has even increased theirs to 70-80k

Everything
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by demarc001: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
Here in Lagos I paid 65k last week for documentations and number plate. Guy still call me today that I need to add to make some further change, the name on the license is different from what is on auto reg computer.
The thing confuse me o, like is it not from same computer they printed the license?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2022
demarc001:
Here in Lagos I paid 65k last week for documentations and number plate. Guy still call me today that I need to add to make some further change, the name on the license is different from what is on auto reg computer.
The thing confuse me o, like is it not from same computer they printed the license?
Does it include change of ownership?
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by skywalker240(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
demarc001:
This is extreme rip off

Just imagine,

Was change of ownership part of the payments?
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by Yashita: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2023
ospreywin:
Depending on the state and type of vehicle, in Lagos 65k-70k,ogun 50k-60k....

Please, where in Ogun can I do this for 50k?
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2023
Yashita:

Please, where in Ogun can I do this for 50k?

Oops, check the date of that post, things are now different
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by Dpzeewonder: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2023
Is it food that they will increase it just like that
ospreywin:

Oops, check the date of that post, things are now different
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by ospreywin(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dpzeewonder:
Is it food that they will increase it just like that
Google
Re: How Much Is Licencing And Change Of Ownership In Your Area? by youngestgrad(m): 3:33am On Dec 09, 2023
If you are in Imo state, contact me for best prices for new vehicle registration, change of ownership, vehicle renewals etc. 08104283466

(1) (Reply)

How Does Your Car React When You Disconnect The Battery? / 5 Reasons Why You Should Carry Out Regular Computer Car Diagnostic Scanning / 7 Obvious Symptoms To Know A Damaged Fuel Injector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.