Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official (12410 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / FRSC To Impound Motorcycles, Tricycles Without Number Plates From August / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Fareke: 7:17am On Jul 08, 2023
Sharon Osaji and Faith Ajayi

The proceeds of the recently introduced annual fee of N1,000 to be paid by motorists in the country for Proof of Ownership Certificate verification, is to be shared between the Federal Road Safety Corps the states and consultants engaged for the exercise, the Permanent Secretary, Lagos Ministry of Transportation, Abdulhafiz Toriola, has said.

Toriola had disclosed on June 27 that the Proof of Ownership Certificate would help vehicle owners and the government to guarantee the integrity of all vehicles registered on the National Vehicle and Identification Scheme database. He added that the initiative would also help in tracking stolen vehicles.

Responding via text messages to enquiries by our correspondent on how the proceeds from the yearly levy would be shared, Toriola wrote, “It is to be shared between states and FRSC and the consultant.”

He had said, “The annual Proof of Ownership Certificate is in line with compliance with legal requirements fundamental to transparency, security and accountability within the transportation network. To this end, the Federal Government has introduced the issuance of an annual Proof of Ownership Certificate for all registered vehicles.

This certificate will serve as official documentation of a vehicle’s legal owners upon successful completion of the necessary requirements and procedures. The POC will contain vital information, including the vehicle’s registration details, such as number plate, model, year of manufacture in addition to the owner’s name and address.”

He noted that having critically reviewed the challenges encountered in ensuring the promotion of safety and security of lives and property through the issuance of the certificate nationally and especially in the state, the Joint Tax Board, in its communiqué at the end of the emergency meeting on May 9, 2023, resolved that the proof of ownership should be issued to motorists annually nationwide.

He said Lagos State would commence the collection of the fee in July, 2023.
https://punchng.com/states-frsc-to-share-n12bn-proof-of-ownership-proceeds-says-official/

5 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Cloudflare: 7:29am On Jul 08, 2023
Damn!

We're yet to hear from "this govt will favour me and my family" crew

By the time the okpolor eye is done with those miscreants that voted him their eyes go clear

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:34am On Jul 08, 2023
Let d masses breath.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Nbote(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2023
Why is the Perm Sec of Lagos State Ministry of Transport the one giving report on the sharing formula of the new levy on car owners Abeg who are the consultants?? Bourdillion boys ti take tax cashout to another level

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ikaeniyan0: 7:38am On Jul 08, 2023
I don't agree with this fee

I thought the NBA wants to challenge it in Court

12 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by gbaskiboy: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2023
If this is not rejected now on the long run it would be financial burden to us and government will cash out big time without using the money for anything. Charging 1k maybe small but on the long run the amount would be increase. Road worthiness they charge N4,5 is now 15k, if money generated at the end would be utilized optimally none will complain but at the end it would be devoured without showing Mercy..

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by dihnawris: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2023
You mean Tinubu and his friends

17 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ahmeduana(m): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2023
Subsequent year if I fail to pay the money 💰 for proof of ownership it will stop me being the owner of my 🚗? This people are outright criminals, they think 🤔 of nothing but how to inflict pains on Nigeria masses, i know that criminal government lead by APC will make sure they pauperize Nigeria masses, they will will make sure they turn Nigerians to what Hausa people call (JOGWOLI), the primary responsibility of government of a nation is to create means of making wealth for the people it govern, but this oluwole government of APC is blocking every means of earning legitimately, imagine a responsible government celebrating that they have successfully reduced vehicles plying Nigeria roads by making fuel astronomically high!! What they don't know is that any policies that will make the govern not to meet there yesterday obligations are evil 🙈 policies, (already Buhari succeeded in making sure that no 3 square meals again in Nigeria because he thinks that 200 million Nigerians are eating corruption) now TINUBU is making sure that he reduce vehicles on Nigeria roads so only the corrupt polical elites convoys will only be able to buy fuel ⛽. God pass them.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Cassandraloius: 8:29am On Jul 08, 2023
Hmmmmm... People are suffering here. You guys should remember the poor masses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ideatoprince18(m): 8:29am On Jul 08, 2023
May the 12bn proceeds that FRSC wants to share from car vehicle ownership Favor me and my Family.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by MRDEE01: 8:29am On Jul 08, 2023
My concern in this government's IGR drive is that almost all policies have direct impact on the poor masses which makes up to 90% of thr population or even more

Nothing has been done to reduce the cost of governance which takes a huge toll on the nations budget,rather RMAC were talking of increasing their paycheck by almost 100%(though they denied,but experiences has shown that in every executive rumour there is an atom of truth)

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by NwaNimo1(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Creamypie(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2023
Ahh. See scam
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by shiki(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2023
cheesy we are used to such things here in Lagos. Let the whole federation test it too. Next will be introduction of states Driver's license
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Blitzerz: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2023
Scam! No way
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by BossGerald: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2023
Hehehe...so tinubu government is now jealous of Nigerians that own car/cars that you have to pay for proof of ownership...

...and if you fail to pay the next year,the vehicle seizes to be yours grin

Lo rilo grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by wittywriter: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2023
The new Sherrif Tax in town!

Nigerians will as usual comply..SMH

Wittyness

3 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by zinaunreal(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2023
Nothing these people ever do reach the tongue of the common man. Just dey share money. Dey share funds. Better for igbos to go abeg

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by bennybuhari: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2023
Let the poor breef
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Bombolistic: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2023
Dumb asses talking trash

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2023
Court shld do & terminate dis placeholder govt, nobody voted for dem... can't be suffering for wat I never bargained for!

angry

8 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Eriokanmi: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2023
Nigeria is a poor nation. The largest percentage of population is living in abject poverty. All these policies won't favour the majority. It will rather be impoverishing them the more. You don't wake up suddenly and reel our policies which are in force in the Western countries when we're not enjoying the same benefits as those living in those countries.

Can we boast of good roads in Nigeria where same vehicles drive on? Land use charge collection in alimosho received a boost after Ambode tarred almost all their roads. People are paying without being coerced. The records are there at alausa. When the government has good infrastructure in place, only a fool will not want to fulfil their obligations as a citizen. I can't wait to see the toll gate along lagos ibadan expressway as proposed. I'd gladly pay the toll and move on., just like every other reasonable Nigerian. Why is tinubu taxing those who have nothing to give? That's what is called, a gba lowo merii in yoruba ( you're collecting from who doesn't have anything to give).

Angola in its wisdom only reduced their subsidy instead of outright removal and before they did so, palliatives had already been put in place. Tinubu's proclamation is tantamount to putting a cart before a horse. Till date, no palliatives to alleviate the adverse effect of the subsidy that was removed People have turned beggers on the road, begging people to give them a lift to work. I pray kidnapping and ritual killings won't increase as commuters become more desperate on the course.

Tinubu knows what to do to end subsidy fraud but he won't go there so he doesn't offend his friends.

11 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2023
Una never see sumtin

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by landmark86: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2023
This sharing formula must favour me grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:35am On Jul 08, 2023
Okay
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Menclothing: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2023
Prove of ownership should only be done by Neew owners not necessarily every year

Making it every years is not cool

4 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by blowjohn(m): 8:35am On Jul 08, 2023
See Nigerians again.
The increase on 3rd party insurance una never challenge am.
Na this 1k matter una want challenge

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by clydecarson(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2023
Una never see anything yet

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Olaolex: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2023
A
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Kingdemu: 8:39am On Jul 08, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May the 12bn proceeds that FRSC wants to share from car vehicle ownership Favor me and my Family.
Ya mad cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? / BMW Recalls 7-series Cars Because Doors Can Fly Open / I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.