Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 (12807 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Today With Jesus Devotional 2022 By Nkem Ndubuisi / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2022
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

PASTOR CHRIS

SATURDAY 1ST JANUARY 2022

THEME: HIS VICTORY IS OURS

THEME SCRIPTURE: And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death (Revelation 12:11).

The verse above reveals an important spiritual principle: the Apostle John saw in the visions of the Spirit that as God’s people made confessions of the Word and declared their testimony of truth—with their faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and its significance in the New Testament—they overcame the adversary, and the angels won the fight (Revelation 12:7-10).

The implication is that the fight in the realm of the spirit is won or lost as a result of what we do in the earth. Therefore, keep bearing your testimony of Christ, affirming the Word of God and taking the Holy Communion. That’s how to maintain your victory and keep reigning in life through Jesus Christ. The Bible says, “…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:17).

He told us in John 16:33, “…be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” Reiterating the victorious life we’ve received in Him, the Apostle John tells us, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world…” (1 John 5:4). He gave us the victory, and it’s for us to walk in the light of that victory. You’ve overcome the world and its wickedness, its falsities and fears, its deceptions, systems and economics. Hallelujah!

Satan and his minions have no right to run a rampage, wreak havoc or perpetrate evil in your life and environment; they have no jurisdiction in your “aiōn.” Jesus told us to cast out demons (Matthew 10:8. So, cast out demons everywhere and anywhere they rear their ugly heads. In God’s prophetic book, it’s been stated that we won, and so we’re walking in the victory that’s been given to us in the Name of Jesus.

Proclaim the victory of Christ in your home, over your body, over your family, ministry, business, and everything related to you. Proclaim His victory over your city, nation and the nations of the world. Remember, Jesus is Lord over all; all power has been given to Him in heaven and in the earth; and we’re partakers of His glory, dominion, greatness, victory and power. His victory is ours. Glory to His Name forever!

PRAYER
I come against the structures, systems and schemes employed by Satan to propagate his deception and fear in the nations; these structures are overthrown, and I proclaim victory for God’s people and the nations of the world, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 3:8 (KJV)
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Romans 5:17 (AMPC)
17 For if because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Matthew 1 & Genesis 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 2ND

THEME: THE TEMPLE OF HIS GLORY

THEME SCRIPTURE : Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).

When some people talk about the glory of God that they hope to see, maybe in their meetings, or during their times of fellowship or in their personal lives, their expectations are mostly preempted by their lack of understanding of the Scriptures. They make such statements as, “Lord, manifest yourself and let your glory envelop this gathering.”

By that, they’re expecting some sort of physical manifestations of some kind, just as they had in the Old Testament. They expect a supernatural cloud above their heads, some lightnings in the room, or maybe some thunder, a deep voice, etc. Don’t live in the realm of the senses. Don’t expect to somehow see the glory of God on the outside so you can say, “Wow, the Lord was in our midst today!” Why should you be looking for some kind of manifestations as they had in the Old Testament? As long as you have that kind of mindset, you’re going to live your life expecting something that God is done with and has termed “the lesser glory.”

All of the glory that the Holy Spirit manifested in the Old Testament—the voice, the light, the amazing sights, etc—are all inside you now. The glory is in you now! The Apostle Paul so succinctly puts it; he said, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us” (2 Corinthians 4:7).

Colossians 1:27 says the mystery of Christianity and the glory thereof is Christ in you. The glory of God is resident in your spirit. You’re a God-carrying vessel. Think that way. Your presence in a place means the glory of God has manifested in that place. That’s part of what it means to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. In the Old Testament, the glory was in the temple; and you’re that temple today—the temple of His glory. Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory and righteousness that are fully resident in my spirit. I impact my world with your presence, and spread the bounties of your beauty, perfection and grace to everything and everyone around me. From the inner recesses of my spirit, I bring forth blessings to improve my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY :
Colossians 1:26-27;
2 Corinthians 3:18 AMPC

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 2 & Genesis 3-5
Acts 6:1-8 & Nehemiah 4-5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:18am On Jan 03, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

MONDAY, JANUARY 3RD

THEME: MAKE PRAYER A LIFESTYLE

THEME SCRIPTURE : In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out (Ephesians 6:18 MSG).

Giving time to prayer is very important. There’re times and certain situations that don’t require you to pray for a protracted period. There’re other times and situations that require importunity, heartfelt continuity in prayer. Both are very important, depending on what you’re dealing with. But the bottom line is that as a Christian, prayer must be a lifestyle.

The reason for prayer isn’t to convince God that you’re really serious about your objective for praying. Rather, it’s about what spending time in fellowship with Him does in your spirit. Give your best times, your most productive moments, to praying. Try not to be in a hurry during your prayer times, because sometimes, even when you think you’re done praying, the Holy Spirit might still want you to continue. He may bring words to you with which to pray. Remember, He has a ministry in our lives; He’s the One who teaches us how to pray.

When we pray, we don’t always know everything we’re supposed to say about certain situations. But God, through the Holy Spirit, teaches us what to say and how to pray correctly and effectively. That’s why giving time and attention in prayer is important. Give attention to praying in tongues; don’t be distracted.

When it’s time to pray, have the discipline to keep everything else aside. The more other things try to distract you, the more you should focus and keep praying. Let your spirit receive that discipline; then, you’ll achieve the primary purpose of prayer, which is the conditioning of your spirit and mind until God’s thoughts become your thoughts, and His words become your words. The specific, creative word on your lips that the Spirit brings to you at such moments of prayer produces result.

Few minutes of prayer isn’t sufficient to condition your spirit. You need to give God time and attention. In prayer, certain things are done to you and in you by the Holy Spirit; you’re so conditioned and transfigured that your way of talking, your choice of words, your character and behaviour are affected. Make yourself available for that conditioning to take place as you make prayer a lifestyle.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the privilege of fellowship with you through the Spirit in prayer. Thank you for the privilege to side with you and enforce your will in the earth and exercise dominion over circumstances, Satan and his cohorts of darkness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 14:15
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Jeremiah 29:12
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 3 & Genesis 6-8
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 6:9-15 & Nehemiah 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

TUESDAY, JANUARY 4TH

THEME: IT’S ABOUT YOUR MIND

THEME SCRIPTURE : And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind… (Romans 12:2).

When you were born again, you were imparted with the very life and nature of God at its best, and it can’t be improved. Plus that, you were given the very righteousness of God to which you can’t add. Also, you received the Holy Spirit in His full measure; nothing missing or left out. Furthermore, you’re inside the Kingdom; you’re a bona fide heavenly citizen NOW (Philippians 3:20 NIV).

We’ve all received the same nature of God, and the same Holy Spirit. We’re born into the same Kingdom, and dealt the same measure of faith; so, why the disparity in our lives and in our results? The reason must then rest in something else: the power and use of our individual minds!
If you’re going to change—if you’re going to see another you, a more influential, effective, powerful you—you must change your way of thinking. There must be a significant change in your mind. That you’ve become a Christian or received the Holy Spirit doesn’t mean your reasoning will change. That effort is your responsibility.

As read in our theme verse, God gave us the responsibility to change our way of thinking, to renew our minds with the Word of God. You have to literally submit yourself to the Word to change your mind and give you a new way of thinking.
It doesn’t matter that a Christian is quoting Scriptures; as long as those scriptures haven’t affected his mind, he’s not going to be different. That’s why we wrote the book “The Power of Your Mind.” The purpose of that book is in the title.

Everything about your life, including your Christian growth, has a lot to do with the use of your mind. So, ingest God’s Word into your mind; feed and meditate on the Word. The guaranteed impact will be a transformation in your whole being that’ll result in increased manifestation of the glory of God in your life! Success, excellence, victory, dominion and abundance will be the hallmark of your daily life. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m constantly transformed by the renewing of my mind with the Word. I yield myself to the ministry of the Word, getting my spirit inundated with divine truths and my mind elevated to think Kingdom thoughts. I have a new mindset, resulting in increased manifestation of the glory of God in my life! The Word has given me the mindset of success, excellence, victory, dominion and abundance. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY
Ephesians 4:22-24;
Philippians 4:8;
Romans 12:2 TPT

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 4 & Genesis 9-11
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 7:1-11 & Nehemiah 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:23am On Jan 05, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5TH

THEME: CALLING THINGS INTO BEING

THEME SCRIPTURE : And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God (Luke 4:4).

Every child of God has to learn to call things into being. The Bible says God “...calleth those things which be not as though they were” (Romans 4:17). What is it that you require in your life? You can call it forth! Otherwise, it may never happen. But then, for your calls of faith to produce results, you must be a man or woman of prayer.
Prayer brings your spirit to a certain condition that makes your fellowship with God more real and synchronized. You become synchronized with His will and purpose; the thoughts of God become your thoughts; His words become your words.

Some people wonder why they quote Scriptures in the face of adversity and nothing happens. It’s not just the quoting of a scripture that produces results; it’s aligning one’s mind and heart with that scripture you’re quoting that works; it makes what you say go beyond how far your voice can travel.

At the time of prayer, let your mind be open and alert to God, to what He’s going to say to you. What He’ll say to you may not even be related to your requests, but whatever He says is what you need. Therefore, listen for His words in your spirit. It was His Word that created the whole world, and through His Word you can change the world. With that word in your mouth, you can call things forth and change the circumstances of your life and your world. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
In John 8:47, Jesus said, “He who is of God hears God’s words….” I’m born of God; therefore, I receive God’s Word for every situation. As I speak in tongues today, my spirit is fine-tuned to God’s frequency, and I receive the word that I require for a change. I walk in prosperity, victory, strength and health. I declare in the Name of the Lord Jesus that Satan’s influence in the nations is cut off, and demonic activities in the nations are paralyzed. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 4:17
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 5:1-20 & Genesis 12-14
Acts 7:12-21 & Nehemiah 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:09am On Jan 06, 2022

THURSDAY 6TH JANUARY.

THEME: CHRIST IS THE FINAL ANSWER

THEME SCRIPTURE: For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory (2 Corinthians 1:20 NLT).

If a Christian has the wrong idea or perception about God, he or she will believe the wrong things, think the wrong thoughts and say the wrong things. Inevitably, his way of life will be wrong. Consider for a moment Christians who don’t understand that there’s a huge difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament, and as a result, they’re always calling on God to “fulfil” His promises!

For such folks, their expectations will be wrong, because such expectations are premised on the wrong understanding of the Scriptures. “Holding on” to God’s promises or “waiting on Him” to fulfil His promises is a pointless endeavour; it’s a mistake. This is because all the promises of God have been fulfilled in Christ. That’s what we read in our theme verse.

Christ is the final answer. Christ means all promises fulfilled! In Christ, we have all things: “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness” (2 Peter 1:3 NIV). Whatever you think you’re in need of is already yours in Christ.

Don’t say you’re waiting on God to fulfil His promise of healing you; rather, declare that you’re in health because He gave you divine life. No sickness can thrive in your body because you’re born of God. Glory to God! No matter what you pray about today, God has no answer outside Christ, outside turning you to the Word. Remember, all His works were finished from the foundation of the world (Hebrews 4:3).

So, when you have a desire, God’s response through the Holy Spirit is to guide you into the reality of what’s already yours: “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God” (1 Corinthians 2:12). The thirteenth verse tells you what you’re supposed to do once they’ve been revealed to you: speak them; call them forth: “Which things also we speak…” Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
With my mouth, I shape my life and future to completely synchronize with God’s divine provisions and destiny for me! I have an excellent, glorious and triumphant life, enjoying everything that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ made available for me. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY
1 Corinthians 3:21; 2 Peter 1:3-4; 2 Corinthians 1:20 AMPC

Matthew 5:21-48 & Genesis 15-17
Acts 7:22-32 & Nehemiah 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 07, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

FRIDAY, JANUARY 7TH

THEME: HONOUR, DIGNITY AND EXCELLENCE

THEME SCRIPTURE: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him (Ephesians 1:17).

The Christian life is a call to glory and virtue; that means a call to a life of honour, dignity and excellence. You’ve been honoured, dignified and glorified; and the one who did it is God Almighty. Nothing can bring shame to you. Jesus took away every shame from your life. The Bible says, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2).

You are the joy that was set before Him that made Him endure the Cross, despising the shame. Today, you’re without reproach. Hallelujah! Colossians 1:2122 says, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.” Think about that!

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” In his previous epistle in 1 Peter 1:11, he talked about the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow. Give yourself no option but to live a life of glory, honour and dignity, irrespective of hardships, injustice or persecutions; Christ in you, the hope of glory! Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the grace to shine and reign gloriously in life through righteousness. I show forth your praises and manifest your glory in the earth. My life is that of glory and excellence, devoid of reproach, contempt, aversion, sin and its attendant effects, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Peter 2:9 AMPC
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

1 Peter 1:11
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 6:1-18 & Genesis 18-19
Acts 7:33-42 & Nehemiah 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 08, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

SATURDAY 8TH JANUARY

THEME: HE SEEKS YOUR FAITHFULNESS

THEME SCRIPTURE: …But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that (1 Corinthians 7:7).

In Matthew 25, Jesus talked about three servants who were entrusted with talents. One was entrusted with one talent, another with two talents, and the third, five talents (Talent being a weight measuring standard, usually of money, e.g. talents of silver). The talents were given to them on the basis of their abilities. So, what their master was looking out for was their faithfulness.

The one who got five talents came back with 100% success (Matthew 25:20). The one that was given two talents gained two more, which was also 100% (Matthew 25:22). But the servant that was given one talent was a disappointment to his master.

He said, “Master, I know you very well; you like to reap where you didn’t sow; therefore, I kept your talent for you” (Matthew 25:24). He did nothing with it.
Evidently, he was a bellyacher. His life was never productive. He had only the ability to manage one talent, and he still ruined his chances. His master called him wicked and unprofitable because he desired him to be faithful. It’s the same with the Lord. As read in our theme verse, we’re all so uniquely graced and gifted by God, and He seeks faithfulness; He expects results.

You may wonder, “How do I know what’s expected of me?” It’s simple: You know what’s expected of you by what you’ve been told. The ability of God is given through His message; His Word. What did He expose you to? What information did He give you? When you analyze what He’s told you, you’ll understand His expectation of you.

Whatever the Lord has taught you or is teaching you, whatever He’s exposed you to and helped you to know are all for the furtherance of the Gospel. Therefore, find the opportunity to use them to advance His righteousness and the reign of His Kingdom in earth.

Remember, He tests your faithfulness. If you’re faced with certain challenges or difficulties in carrying out what He’s asked you to do, your only option should be to win! Don’t have excuses. Be fully committed to the furtherance of the Gospel. Remain steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Surely, at the end of all things, the Lord will say to you, “…Well done, thou good and faithful servant…” (Matthew 25:21).

CONFESSION
The Lord has blessed me with abundant graces in Christ for the furtherance of the Gospel, and I’ll be faithful. My life is for His glory and the expansion of His glorious Kingdom and spread of His righteousness in the earth. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Romans 12:6-8; 1
Timothy 1:12;
1 Corinthians 4:1-2

Matthew 6:19-7:1-6; Genesis 20-22
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 7:43-53; Nehemiah 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:58am On Jan 09, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 9TH

THEME: THEY HAVE TO ANSWER THEIR NAME

THEME SCRIPTURE: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues (Mark 16:17).

Once, I asked a devil to come out of a certain fellow and the devil said, “I’m not going” and turned violent. The ushers were trying to hold the man back, but I beckoned on them to leave him. As he charged at me angrily, I remained calm and said, “You’re gone!” Suddenly, the man became very calm and fell down as the devil left him.

One of the officials who was with me later said to me, “Pastor, I don’t understand exactly what happened. You asked the devil to go, but he didn’t go. Then you said, ‘You’re gone’ and then he went out.” So, I said, “Well, every word of God is a name; and what He says is what becomes.”
We find a very inspiring, similar scenario with Jesus in Mark 7:25-30. A Syrophenician woman had come to Jesus and besought Him to cast the devil out of her daughter. Jesus said to her, “…go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter” (Mark 7:29). That devil had to answer the name that Jesus just called him— “…is gone out.”

The Bible says the woman got home and found the devil was gone from her daughter. Sometimes, you need to know how to address demons when you cast them out. There’re times you’re led of the Spirit to say to that devil, “Come out and return no more.”

Even in praying against their activities in the nations, it’s important to say the right things: cut off their influence on your nation and tell them, “You’re gone from this nation! Your influence has been broken; your dominion has been stopped!” Hallelujah!

Someone said what we see around the world now (referring to the activities of devils) are mere kicks of a dying horse. But we’re full of power and have the dominion over them. They’re frustrated, and paralyzed; their works have been brought to nothing. We’re triumphant; we’re victorious; we’re reigning through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit over Satan and his cohorts of darkness. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the authority granted us in Christ with which we exercise dominion over Satan and his demons. Their influence is cut off from the nations! We put an end to their rampage. The Church is triumphant, reigning through Christ in the earth by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Mark 7:25-30
For a [certain] woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter. But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] unto the dogs. And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs. And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter. And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 7:7-29 & Genesis 23-24
Acts 7:54-60 & Nehemiah 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:14am On Jan 10, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

MONDAY, JANUARY 10TH

THEME: ONE SPIRIT WITH HIM

THEME SCRIPTURE : For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones (Ephesians 5:30).

In John 15:5, Jesus said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches….” That’s a description of oneness; the same message communicated in our theme verse. The word “members” in our theme verse is the Greek “melos” and it means limbs, like you have your hands and your legs; we’re the limbs of His body!

1 Corinthians 6:15 breaks it down even further. It says, “Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?...” This is referring to the Church; it means your very legs are Jesus’ legs! Your hands are His hands; your body is the physical extension of Christ in the world. An understanding of this will give you a new mindset about who you really are. You couldn’t be one with Him and be sickly. You couldn’t be one with Him and have failed organs. His life in you perfects you through and through.
The same message is detailed in 1 Corinthians 12:27: ”Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” That means you’re definite members; describable members. Hallelujah! You occupy a special place, a recognizable place, in the body of Christ. This is extraordinary!

In driving the point home, the Apostle Paul had said in Ephesians 5:28, “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.” He’s saying when two people are married, their bodies belong to each other. Then he tells us in 1 Corinthians 6:15 that our bodies are members of Christ, which means your body belongs to Jesus Christ.

Paul describes it as something far stronger than a marital relationship when he says, “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:17). This means that Christ has a right over your body and you have a right to His body. But since His body is in heaven, Paul says if you’re joined to the Lord, you’re one spirit because through the spirit, you can make available to your body the glories of His resurrected body. Hallelujah!

Now you can better understand when the Bible says, “...Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). Live every day with the consciousness of your oneness with Jesus Christ.

CONFESSION
I’m a member of His body, of His flesh and of His bones! I walk in the consciousness that I’m in oneness with Jesus Christ. And through the spirit, I make available to my body the glories of His resurrected body. No sickness, disease or infirmity can thrive in my body, because I’m joined to the Lord and one spirit with Him. Divinity is at work in me. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:
John 14:16-17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:20
At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 17:20-21
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 8:1-27 & Genesis 25-26
Acts 8:1-13 & Esther 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

TUESDAY, JANUARY 11TH

THEME: KNOW AND WALK IN HIS LIGHT

THEME SCRIPTURE : Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11).

The word “wiles” in our opening verse is translated from the Greek “methodeia,” which refers to trickery. Trickery is primarily defined as a verbal misrepresentation. It’s when something is said with the intention to mislead and take advantage of someone for some purpose. That’s like what happens on the news sometimes. We know who’s behind this trickery; it’s none other than the devil, whom the Bible calls the slanderer and traducer (Ephesians 6:11).

A better expression than trickery, however, is “lying in wait.” We find this same expression used in Ephesians 4:14: “That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.” This is “methodeia”: lying in wait for the purpose of deception.

Satan’s modus operandi is based on deception with misrepresentations. The biggest strategy with which he enforces this agenda is misinformation through the news media. As a Christian, you shouldn’t be ignorant of this. Ephesians 5:6 says, “Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.”

This is why you ought to know and walk in God’s truth—His light. Jesus said “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12). In other words, when you walk in His light, you’ll never be deceived. Give yourself to the study of God’s Word. His Word illumines your path and enlightens your heart and mind such that you’re never deceived or in the dark. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the instructions in your Word. I’m firmly rooted and grounded in your Word and guided by your truth in Christ Jesus. I live over and above Satan and his deceptions and manipulations, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Peter 5:8-9
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Psalms 119:15
I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 8:28-9:1-17 & Genesis 27-28
Acts 8:14-25 & Esther 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Jan 12, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12TH

THEME: PRAYING FOR ALL MEN

THEME SCRIPTURE: I exhort, therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men. 1Timothy 2:11

The underlined portion of our opening verse suggests that the sentence is a continuation of a subject earlier introduced. The most relevant context is found in the 18th verse of the preceding chapter, where Paul writes to Timothy, saying: “This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare” (1 Timothy 1:18).

The next two verses are a brief digression, after which Paul continues, “I exhort, therefore….” So Paul was actually showing Timothy how to war a good warfare. He said, “…first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men.” “First of all” means, this is a priority in warring good warfare. You begin by praying, not for your personal requests, but for all men.

For a long time, a number of God’s people weren’t praying with this in mind. Many were more concerned about their personal agenda and what they wanted from God such as money, property, fame and other earthly things.

We’re acting on the Word, praying first for all men. We’ve been called to war a good warfare and the instruction is clear. He says, “First of all,” meaning before you pray for other things—be it your family, business, finances and so on—pray for all men. How important this is! In fact, it ought to be foundational teaching in the Churches. As we lead souls to Christ and bring them to Church, we ought to let them know they have an enemy whose goal it is to destroy them.

We must teach them to pray as soldiers, not for their personal needs, but for all men. The ongoing Pastor Chris Live “Pray-a-thon” is an opportunity for you to join millions of others in carrying out your priestly ministry of prayer and intercession for all men in a nonstop prayer marathon. Praying this way is God’s instruction, and it should be our way of life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for pouring out your Spirit upon all flesh all over the world that the knowledge of your truth may be effectively communicated to all men. I pray for as many as will be reached with the Gospel today, that the light of the Gospel will shine in their hearts, resulting in their salvation. Thank you for this grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 6:18;
1 Timothy 2:1-4

Matthew 9:18-38 & Genesis 29-30

Acts 8:26-40 & Esther 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Jan 13, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 13TH

THEME: PARTNERS WITH HIM THROUGH PRAYER

THEME SCRIPTURE : I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men…For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:1-4).

The different kinds of prayer mentioned in our opening text cover all the kinds of prayer you ought to pray for others. It says, “…first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men.…” The word “supplications” is from the Greek “deēsis”, which refers to petitions or a definite request. In the general sense, a petition is a formal written plea or entreaty with legal demands. Thus, in these supplications, we make requests on the legal basis of the provisions of the Gospel.

The next one is “prayers,” and this is from the Greek word “proseuchē” which means “to offer prayers.” “Proseuchē” is a derivative of another Greek word, “proseuchomai” which means “to pray to God in worship.” God wants us to offer prayers of worship, proclaiming blessings upon all men.

Next on the list is “intercessions,” from the Greek word “enteuxis,” a derivative of “entugchanō,” which refers to having a discussion, like an interview. Here you can actually talk like you’re familiar with the person you’re discussing with and present your case.

It’s like what the Bible says in Isaiah 43:25-26: “I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.” The Lord says, “Let us plead together.” In other words, “Let’s argue together” like they do in a court of law. That’s what you do when you intercede; you present your case.

The final one is “giving of thanks,” from the Greek, “Eucharistia.” With this kind of prayer, you express your gratitude to the Lord for what He’s done and still doing in the lives of all men around the world. God needs us as partners with Him through prayer. His desire is to have all men saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Let your consciousness of the Gospel spur you to prayers and intercession for the sinners, for the lost, and for the nations. Pray that many more will receive salvation and live for the Lord. Ensure you pray this way continually; it’s what you have to do.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for your love and great grace manifested in Christ Jesus. Your desire is to have all men saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. Therefore, I pray for the lost today, that they’ll hear and receive the message with which you’ve sent us, your labourers, and that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened to recognize the truth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Timothy 2:1-4 AMPC
First of all, then, I admonish and urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men, 2 For kings and all who are in positions of authority or high responsibility, that [outwardly] we may pass a quiet and undisturbed life [and inwardly] a peaceable one in all godliness and reverence and seriousness in every way. 3 For such [praying] is good and right, and [it is] pleasing and acceptable to God our Savior, 4 Who wishes all men to be saved and [increasingly] to perceive and recognize and discern and know precisely and correctly the [divine] Truth.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Acts 1:14
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:14am On Jan 14, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

FRIDAY, JANUARY 14TH

THEME: TAKE UP THE SHIELD OF FAITH

THEME SCRIPTURE : Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand (Ephesians 6:13).

When you read about the armour of God in Ephesians 6, you’ll discover that the description of what we’re supposed to put on reveals how the enemy fights. We can decipher, from our own defensive paraphernalia what weapons the enemy uses: “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation…” (Ephesians 6:14-17).

Notice what it says about faith: with it, you can quench all of Satan’s fiery darts. That tells us what kind of material his missiles are. His missiles all have to do with making you accept something or believe something against God. These may be fiery darts of discouragement, depression, fear, failure or sickness; all aimed at making you take a stand against God’s Word. But the Bible says, “…taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked” (Ephesians 6:16). With your faith, you can put out, not some, but all of the fiery missiles of the wicked one. Your faith is your shield.

Take up your faith! Don’t give it up. Someone said, “I was actually acting in faith, but things went wrong and I gave up.” No! Don’t drop your faith; the missiles directed at you from demonic forces can only be neutralized by faith.

The Bible says “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). The more of God’s Word that comes into your spirit, the more faith you get. And the more you use your faith, the more it’s strengthened; and when the devil throws his missiles, you’ll be unmoved because they’ll be disintegrated by your shield of faith.

CONFESSION
My faith is a weapon of defense and an instrument of victory over and against the adversary and adversities. With it, I put out all the fiery missiles of the wicked one. The Word of God has taken full possession of my spirit, soul and body. I’m eternally triumphant in Christ because my faith is the victory that overcomes the world!

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1 Corinthians 16:13
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Romans 4:19-20
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 10:24-42 & Genesis 34-35
Acts 9:10-20 & Esther 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15TH

THEME: "RHEMA" FOR WAR

THEME SCRIPTURE : And take… the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:17-18)

In our previous study, we learnt about the armour of God, and particularly about our defensive paraphernalia as listed in Ephesians 6:14-17. Of all the seven pieces of this armour, only one is for the offensive and that’s the sword of the Spirit. The sword of the Spirit is the Word or “Rhema” of God. Rhema is the Greek translated, “word” in this verse.

Rhema is a now word—a personal word for the moment concerning you. It’s different from the Logos of God, which is God’s Word in general. The Bible admonishes us to take Rhema and win with it. How? By talking. Rhema is the spoken Word; it is the inspired utterance of the Word of God from your mouth, whereas Logos, by comparison, is more reasoned than inspired.

The Bible describes the “Rhema” of God as “the sword of the Spirit.” A sword symbolizes judgment and a readiness to attack. It’s thus an offensive weapon that you direct, not at yourself but towards the adversary.

In our opening verse, Paul shows us how to use Rhema to wage a good warfare: he says, “…Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.” This is a different kind of Rhema; it’s a Rhema of war! When the Bible tells us to take the sword of the Spirit, that’s a militant expression. He’s letting us know we’re not just supposed to be on the defensive but to constantly mount attacks on the forces of evil.

As we pray always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, we utter words of faith directed towards whatever it is we want to effect changes in, and also against the forces of darkness and the powers of evil.

Is your organization mounting pressure on you to take a position against God’s Word? Is the government in your country enacting policies that are unfavourable to the Gospel? Don’t give up; don’t get worn out. You’re the one to wear the devil out. Resist him with the spoken Word.

PRAYER
I exercise dominion over the forces of darkness, and I cut down their activities in my city and nation. I take charge from the realm of the spirit today, speaking words of victory, prosperity, health and strength. With the Word of God in my mouth, I triumph gloriously, reigning and prevailing over all circumstances in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 4:4;
Joshua 1:8;
Hebrews 4:12

Matthew 11:1-30 & Genesis 36-37

Acts 9:21-31 & Job 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2022

SUNDAY 16TH JANUARY

THEME: WE’RE THE HOPE OF THE NATIONS

THEME SCRIPTURE: The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully (Ezekiel 22:29).

One of the reasons judgment will come on the world is the injustice and oppression that’s prevalent in different nations today. You’ll find organizations, agencies and even governments enacting policies that oppress their people. They use regulations to crush and further impoverish the already poor and needy in their societies, while creating opportunities for themselves and their allies.

For some, this problem is merely a political issue, but we know from the Scriptures that it’s more than just politics; it’s spiritual. The Bible tells us in the Book of Isaiah how an evil spirit is responsible for the impoverishment of many nations in the world today: “...I removed the boundaries of nations, I plundered their treasures; like a mighty one I subdued their kings. As one reaches into a nest, so my hand reached for the wealth of the nations; as people gather abandoned eggs, so I gathered all the countries; not one flapped a wing, or opened its mouth to chirp’” (Isaiah 10:13-14 NIV).

Many ignorantly suppose that the downward trend in their economies is due to market forces, but the Bible makes it clear who plundered their wealth. That’s why we must keep praying for the nations so that instead of oppression and injustice, there’ll be peace, godliness and honesty. He knows this is possible in our day; that’s why He asked us to pray. Let’s exercise our authority and dominion in Christ over the nations.

We’re the only ones that can free the nations. The Bible says the whole creation is in groaning, expecting to be set free, waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19). We have the authority in the Name of Jesus to turn things around in the nations. So, use the Name of Jesus against these demonic powers and break their hold and influence. Declare, by the Spirit, the power of righteousness upon the leaders of your community, city, town, nation or organization where you work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

CONFESSION
I declare that the Gospel has free course throughout my nation and the righteousness of God is established in the land and in the hearts of men. The Word of God prevails in this country (name your country), leading to a greater harvest of souls into the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
2 Thessalonians 2:7; Jeremiah 29:7; Romans 8:19-22

Matthew 12:1-21 & Genesis 38-39
Acts 9:32-43 & Job 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:19am On Jan 17, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

MONDAY, JANUARY 17TH

THEME: EXAMINE THE SPIRITS

THEME SCRIPTURE : Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world (1 John 4:1).

When the Apostle John spoke of “false prophets,” the reference was essentially to “professors of deception” who were inspired of demons to deceive the world. We’re seeing many of such in these end times. That’s why John says to examine the spirits; he’s referring to voices of human beings inspired by some demonic spirits that seek to influence, deceive and sway the nations.

When you read our theme verse in context into the second and third verses, you’d notice John was talking about the antichrist spirit; not the “Antichrist” himself—who is also called “the beast,” “the man of lawlessness,” or “the man of sin”—but the spirit behind his works. That antichrist spirit, since John’s day, has been in the world and we’re able to discern his works.
Thanks be unto God! Not only are we able to discern his works and those of his false prophets and messengers, we’ve overcome them: 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

In the 5th and 6th verses, he continues, “They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error” (1 John 4:5-6). Walk in God’s truth and be spiritually alert and you’ll be shielded against preachers of pseudo-science and the deceit that they propagate.

Remember, truth is in your spirit, because the Holy Spirit—the Spirit of truth—lives in you. 2 John 1:2 says, “for the truth’s sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us forever.” God’s truth protects you, delivers and saves you from trouble. Psalm 91:4 says, “…his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for your Word by which I navigate my way through life. I’m discerning and perceptive; I’m invincible to the false doctrines, deceptions, ruse, wiles, shams, lies and sways of the antichrist spirit of darkness in the world today, for I’m led by your Word and guided by your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Peter 2:1 AMPC
But also [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among yourselves, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 2:18-20
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 12:22-50 & Genesis 40-41
Acts 10:1-8 & Job 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:17am On Jan 18, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18TH

THEME: THE EPISTLES: A REVELATION OF YOU

THEME SCRIPTURE : Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men (2 Corinthians 3:2).

Once, I was discussing the Scriptures with a Christian leader many years ago. I quoted a portion of Scriptures he wasn’t familiar with, and startled, he asked me, “Where did you get that from?” When I showed it to him from the Epistles, he was amazed. He had never known it, have never majored on the Epistles.

It’s the same with a good number of God’s people; they’ve never majored on the Epistles. In fact, some of them see the Epistles only as letters to the churches, but they’re more than just letters. It’s the same way some people see the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as mere historical books of the New Testament. No! They’re the revelation of the man, Christ Jesus.
When you study the gospels, you’ll come to the conclusion that Jesus is alive. His words are as alive today as they were back then when He spoke them. That’s not history. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the revelation of the Head of the Church. The Epistles, on the other hand, are the revelation of the Body of Christ. Hallelujah! This refers to us: the new creation, the Christians, the ones that are born again.

When you study the Epistles, you discover you. For instance, there’s not a single place in the Epistles where the Christian is asked to have faith. Rather, they let you know that you already have faith: “…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3). This is a true picture of who you are; you’re a man or woman of faith! The Epistles are the album of the new creation. Give attention to them. Study and meditate on the truths therein and live accordingly.

CONFESSION
I’m the epistle of Christ, the effulgence of His glory, the manifestation of His goodness and righteousness. My life is a message read of all men, through which many are coming to the glory, beauty, perfection, liberty, joy and the knowledge of Christ. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 13:1-23 & Genesis 42-43
Acts 10:9-20 & Job 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Jan 19, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: YOU’RE A CHILD OF THE DAY

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY

THEME SCRIPTURE of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night (1 Thessalonians 5:1-2)

The expression “a thief in the night” has troubled some Christians for several years. Some don’t understand what it means, while others are terrified by it. They imagine that if they do something wrong before going to bed and Jesus comes as a thief in the night, they won’t go with Him. But that’s not what it means.
If you look at our opening verse closely, you’ll observe that Paul was writing to the brethren or brotherhood. He said, “…brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you....” The word “brethren” actually refers to those who are in Christ; males and females.

The next verse shows something really important: “For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape” (1 Thessalonians 5:3). This obviously wasn’t referring to the brethren, because he said: “For when they shall say….” When he referred to the brotherhood, he said “ye.”

“They” in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 refers to the world; those who aren’t yet in Christ. The Bible describes them as the children of disobedience, appointed to God’s wrath: “Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others” (Ephesians 2:3).

But for you who are born again, the Bible says, “But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief” (1 Thessalonians 5:4). Every place where the Lord Jesus talked about coming suddenly upon people, it had to do with judgement, and He wasn’t referring to the Church. In John 5:24, He says, “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life” (NIV). You’re a child of light and of the day; you’re neither of the night nor of darkness!

Serve the Lord with joy and in expectation of His soon return. Declare just like Jesus: “I must work the works of him that sent me while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” (John 9:4-5).

CONFESSION
I’m a child of light and of the day; I serve the Lord with joy and in expectation of His soon return. I walk in His light and in His righteousness, fulfilling His perfect will to the glory of His Name. Amen

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

|1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Matthew 13:24-43 & Genesis 44-45
Acts 10:21-33 & Job 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: THE KINGDOM WAY OF LIFE

THURSDAY, JANUARY 20TH

THEME SCRIPTURE: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:13)

When you were born again, you were born into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Even though you now live and walk in His presence, you still have to learn how to live in this real Kingdom of Light, and the Scriptures will help you understand this by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Paul writing to Timothy said: “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God…” (1 Timothy 3:15). This means there’s a way to behave oneself in the house of God. Christianity isn’t a way of life, but it has a way of life. In this Kingdom, there’s a language; we have our communication protocols. There’s a way of life; we think differently. This is something the devil doesn’t want many to know. He wants them to remain in the dark.

The Bible tells us in 1 Samuel how the children of Israel asked for a king. God gave them Saul to be their king, and straightaway, Israel became a kingdom. Samuel knew a kingdom doesn’t function like every other society, and so the Bible says he “…told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord...” (1 Samuel 10:25). He told the people “the manner of the kingdom.” What does this mean?

As you study several translations, you’ll discover that he taught them the principles, rights, privileges, judgments and ways of life of the kingdom. He had to write how the kingdom functions and delivered it to the people. This is exactly what Jesus did. He came preaching the Kingdom of God and every now and then, He explained how the Kingdom worked or functioned. Often, He’d say, “The Kingdom of Heaven is as this or that.” He was telling us how it works. He taught about the importance of words, and about prayer in the Kingdom.

Now that you’re in the Kingdom of God, don’t live like they do in the world. The Bible says, “Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him” (Colossians 3:9-10). There’s a different mentality in the Kingdom, a different way of life that you must imbibe.

CONFESSION
I have the life and nature of God in me; I’ve put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. I’m renewed in full knowledge after the image and likeness of God. I think excellent thoughts and only see pictures of excellence, success, victory and abundance! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Timothy 3:
These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Colossians 3:1-2
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 13:44-14:1-12 & Genesis 46-48
Acts 10:34-43 & Job 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:14am On Jan 21, 2022

FRIDAY 21 JANUARY. 2022

THEME: A NEW CREATURE

THEME SCRIPTURE: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Pastor Chris Says
━━━━━━━━━━
In some Bible versions, the underlined portion in our opening verse is rendered “a new creation.” It’s however better rendered in the King James as “a new creature.” Why? It’s because the emphasis isn’t on the creation of the new man in Christ; rather, it’s on the being; he’s a new creature, a new species that never existed before.

It’s like seeing a strange animal pass by and you wonder, “What kind of creature was that? You couldn’t really make out what it was; it wasn’t like anything you’ve ever seen. When you’re born again, that’s what it is. Recall the words of Jesus in John 3:8 as He discussed the subject of being born again. He said, “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.” You’re a different type of being.

Something actually transpired in the realm of the spirit when you were born again: your human life with which you came from your mother and father was supplanted by the divine life: “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13 NIV). This is the reality. It’s an actual birth, a true recreation of the human spirit.

The Bible says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18). “Firstfruits” means “the first and best.” Titus 3:5 says, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.” Colossians 3:10-11 describes this new creation as renewed in knowledge after the image of God that created him.

See yourself the way God sees you. You’re peculiar, royal, excellent and full of glory. You’re the only one of you that God has ever had and will ever have. So, be your best and live your best for God.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for making me a peculiar treasure, separated unto you to bring you glory. I walk in the reality of your Word today, and declare that by the power of your Spirit, I’ll fulfil your purpose for my life to the glory and praise of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Peter 2:9 AMPC; Titus 2:13-14

Matthew 14:13-36 & Genesis 49-50

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 10:44-11:1-3 & Job 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:17am On Jan 22, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: STAND IN HIS WORD

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22ND

THEME SCRIPTURE: Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality (1 Corinthians 6:9 AMPC).

Years ago, if you found people who engaged in same-sex practice and the news went out, they went underground, because they were ashamed. But nowadays, there’re those who say they’re fighting for the rights of “gay” people. But what does the Bible say about this?

The Bible groups those who practise such activities among the lawless, disobedient, ungodly, sinners, unholy and profane: “Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted” (1 Timothy 1:8-11 ESV).

Homosexuality dates back to Bible days, as far back as the Book of Genesis. And the Bible clearly condemns it. It’s part of the reasons, in some quarters, they’re trying to get rid of the Bible by all means, but that’s never going to happen. There’re even “ministers” that say they’re homosexual and help to marry others. Different countries have made it legal.

However, as a Christian, stand on God’s Word. Don’t go with the world. Don’t do what the secular or political law says; do God’s Word. The Bible says, “Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]--these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself]” (1 John 2:15-16 AMPC).

The plan of the adversary is to make sure that you’re vexed to compromise; but be smart. In spite of all the shenanigans of the enemy, we must abide by God’s Word. In John 14:15, Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” The proof of your love for Him is keeping His Word, and His Word adjures you to abstain from sin.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the Holy Spirit who guides me in the way of righteousness and true holiness. I’m forever established in your Word. I pray for those whose minds have been blinded, that the influence of the devil is broken in their lives, and that henceforth, their hearts are open to receive your love for them, and be translated from darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|1 Timothy 1:
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Romans 1:26-32 NKJV
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due....

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 15:1-28 &
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:30am On Jan 23, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: AN IRREFUTABLE PROOF OF PURCHASE

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23RD

THEME SCRIPTURE : And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God (Revelation 19:13).

Our opening verse is about the second coming of the Lord Jesus, when He rides on a white horse and is wearing a robe dipped in blood. Notice that John didn’t say He was wearing a red robe; that’s very significant. The woman on the beast in Revelation 17:4 was dressed in purple and red clothes: “And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour….” Jesus, on the other hand, was wearing a robe dipped in blood. What’s the significance of this?

When you want to lay claims to something you bought, you take the receipt. Jesus bought the whole world: “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field” (Matthew 13:44). Verse 38 shows us that the field is the world. Now, Jesus coming out of heaven to the earth and His only receipt is His blood. He’s robed with it—proof that He bought the whole field. The robe dipped in blood is His proof of the purchase. Hallelujah!

1 Corinthians 6:20 says, “For ye are bought with a price….” You weren’t bought with ordinary materials like silver, gold, and precious stones. His blood was the currency with which He paid for the sins of the whole world (1 Peter 1:18-19). Having paid the price for our sins, Jesus purchased us as gifts to God: “They were singing him a new song with these words: “You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it; for you were slain, and your blood has bought people from every nation as gifts for God” (Revelation 5:9 TLB).

Jesus paid for your life; so, you’re not your own anymore. He bought you with a great price. Henceforth, live on earth for Him alone because His blood, which represents His life, is your true value. The blood of Jesus gives you remission, justification, access, fellowship, cleansing and the blessings of the New Testament. The Bible says, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us” (Hebrews 9:12). Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you for paying the price that I could never have paid, in demonstration of the Father’s unconditional love, mercy and overwhelming kindness towards me. Thank you for purchasing me as a precious gift for the Father! Now I live joyfully in righteousness, free to serve you without guilt, inferiority or condemnation. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Peter 1:18-19
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 15:29-16:1-12 & Exodus 3-5
Acts 11:15-30 & Job 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 24, 2022

MONDAY 24 JANUARY. 2022

THEME: THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST

THEME SCRIPTURE: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad (2 Corinthians 5:10).

Pastor Chris Says
━━━━━━━━━━
The Judgment Seat of Christ is different from the Great White Throne judgment. The Great White Throne judgment is the most terrifying of all judgments, and it’s reserved for sinners. The Judgment Seat of Christ, on the other hand, is where we, the Christians, receive our rewards one by one from the Master, and not in groups: “…that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

Notice what the Bible says: “In his body”; this refers to the Body of Christ. When you were born again, you were baptized into the Body of Christ, and you’ve been there ever since. How have you functioned in the Body thus far? Have you done good or bad in the Body? Be careful what you do in the Body of Christ because everyone will receive a reward of the things done in the Body, whether good or bad: “But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God” (Romans 14:10-11).

At the Judgment Seat of Christ, not one of us in Christ will be condemned: “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God” (1 Corinthians 4:5). We’re all going to be praised, even though it’s a judgment where we’ll give account.

“What about the bad things a Christian might have done?” someone may ask. The answer is in 1 Corinthians 3:13-15: “Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” Do more for the Lord and serve Him with wholehearted devotion. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Lord Jesus, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity to participate in the propagation of the Gospel. I look forward excitedly to that great day when I’ll stand before you and give account of everything I did in the Body. I’m overjoyed knowing that all my services and sacrifices for the Kingdom aren’t in vain! What a day of rejoicing it will be! Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Revelation 22:12; 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

Matthew 16:13-17:1-13 & Exodus 6-7

Acts 12:1-10 & Job 18-19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:07am On Jan 25, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: ITEMS OF BLESSING.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 25TH

THEME SCRIPTURE :Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them (Acts 5:15).

When God blesses you, He blesses everything that’s connected to you, be it your money, clothes, properties, etc.; they become items and conduits of blessings. Think about that. We read how handkerchiefs and aprons taken from the body of Paul healed the sick: “And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them” (Acts 19:11-12).

The power of God was on the clothes because they had touched Paul’s body. It happened first with Jesus. Luke 8:43-48 tells the story of the woman with the issue of blood who pushed her way through a teeming crowd to touch the hem of His garment and was healed the very moment. Jesus said power went out from Him.
Also, in Luke 6, large crowds of people from all over Judea, Jerusalem and the coastal cities of Tyre and Sidon came to listen to Jesus and to be healed of their diseases, including those who were troubled by evil spirits.

Luke, by the Spirit, specifically wrote, “And all the crowd sought to touch him, for power came forth from him and healed them all” (Luke 6:19 RSV). This means the blessing—the healing power—got on His clothes and emitted to others, resulting in miracle healings. This is remarkable!

It’s one of the reasons you should take good care of the things that God gives you, because the power flows through them. Whether they’re your clothes, shoes, ties, cars, work tools, everything that’s connected with you is an item of blessings. It’s got the power to attract more.
Renew your mind with this thinking if you haven’t been thinking like this. Everything that’s connected to you is connected to the Kingdom and blessed, because you’re in Christ. When you understand this, your life will take on a whole new meaning; the way you think, talk and walk among others will change. Not only that, the blessings in your life will continue to grow and impact others.

CONFESSION
Everything that’s connected to me grows and multiplies; there’s a significant increase in its relevance; nothing that emanates from me loses value because I’m continually filled with the Spirit. I’m a dispenser of the Lord’s goodness to my world, the extension, and manifestation, of His manifold graces to all those I come in contact with today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Acts 5:15
Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

Matthew 14:
And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased; And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.

Luke 8:
And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, Came behind [him], and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press [thee], and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1-YEAR BIBLE RE
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:08am On Jan 26, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: YOUR LIFE IS A “HOUSE”

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26TH

THEME SCRIPTURE : And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

Sometimes, there’re those who say, “I want to build my life financially, “or” I want to build my life spiritually….” It makes no difference in which area you desire to build your life; what you need is God’s Word. That’s the only material given to us to build our lives. God’s Word will build you up spiritually, mentally, financially, emotionally, physiologically, etc. Read our theme verse again!

Your life, according to the scriptures, is like a house to be built, and that’s why Jesus said anybody who hears, does, and lives His Word is like a man who built his house on a rock. He said, “And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock” (Matthew 7:25).

However, the one who doesn’t give heed to the Word is likened to a man who built his house on sand and when the storms of life beat against the house, it came to a ruinous end: “…great was the fall of it” (Matthew 7:27). Build your life on the Word; it makes no difference the crises and adversities that come against it; it’ll remain standing, and it’ll be a great edifice! Praise God.

CONFESSION
Oh, the transforming and translational power of God’s Word! I’ll forever stand strong and tall, even in the midst of the harshest of storms, because my life is built on the Word. The Word infuses boldness, excellence and dominion into my spirit. It keeps me in health, strength and victory, causing me to experience unprecedented progress, peace and prosperity in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Matthew 7:24-27
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 18:15-35 & Exodus 10-12
Acts 12:20-25 & Job 22-23

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:14am On Jan 27, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: HEIRS OF BLESSING

THURSDAY, JANUARY 27TH

THEME SCRIPTURE: Lord shall open to you His good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain of your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow (Deuteronomy 28:12).

The Contemporary English Version renders the theme verse beautifully. It says, “…He will make you successful in everything you do. You will have plenty of money to lend to other nations, but you won’t need to borrow any yourself.” Let this truth dawn on your spirit, and your mentality will change. You’re loaded with blessings for your generation. You’re a custodian of God’s manifold blessings.

Therefore, everywhere you are, dispense blessings; dispense God’s grace, love and compassion to those you come in contact with; it’s your calling! Be a giver because of who you are and where you come from: you’re Abraham’s seed. The Lord said to Abraham, “and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice” (Genesis 22:18). Hallelujah!

The Lord Jesus did all that He did on the Cross that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles, and it has (Galatians 3:14). Glory to God! Now, we’ve received the promise of the Spirit. Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” The world belongs to you. Be conscious of this truth.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, what an honour to be an heir of the Abrahamic blessing, a conveyor of your goodness and a dispenser of eternal verities. As the seed of Abraham, I walk in righteousness, victory, health and dominion today, conscious that I’m blessed to be a blessing. I usher in and distribute God’s goodness to the advantage of many, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Galatians 3:8-9
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 4:28 AMPC
But we, brethren, are children [not by physical descent, as was Ishmael, but] like Isaac, born in virtue of promise. ||
|1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 19:1-15 & Exodus 13-14
Acts 13:1-12 & Job 24-25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: VICTORY ASSURED

FRIDAY, JANUARY 28TH

THEME SCRIPTURE: Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12).

In 2 Timothy 4:7, the Apostle Paul said, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” What fight was he talking about? He refers to it in our opening verse: “the good fight of faith.” No matter what happens in your life—in the world, or around you—refuse to be broken, disillusioned or overwhelmed; use your faith!

Your faith is the victory that overcomes the world and its failures, corruption, darkness, wickedness and decadence. Every adversity you face is your opportunity for a testimony as you use your formidable arsenal: the shield of faith. That’s the one you’re counselled to take on above all the others: “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked” (Ephesians 6:16).

With your faith, you’re able to extinguish, neutralize, make of no effect, ALL the fiery darts of the wicked. Never think there’s a challenge you can’t surmount; no trouble is too much for you to overcome. With the shield of faith, you’re invincible. It doesn’t matter how Satan throws the darts at you; remain strong in faith!

It may seem like all hell is breaking loose in your body; you feel terrible pains and discomfort; yet, you must refuse to accede to sickness and disease; use your faith. And while you’re at it, remember “...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word (the Rhema) of God” (Ephesians 6:17). That’s the Word of God spoken forth from your lips.

It doesn’t matter how excruciating the pain is; keep affirming your healing and health. Soon enough, your faith will prevail and you’d be able to say like Paul, “I have fought a good fight…I have kept the faith.” Always maintain your faith and confidence in the Word.

Hebrews 10:35 says, “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.” Don’t say, “Lord, it became too hard; I had to give in”; no! Fight! The fight of faith is your personal fight, and it’s a good fight because you always win. Keep at it, for your victory is guaranteed!

CONFESSION
It makes no difference the troubles in the world; it doesn’t matter what I see, hear or feel; my victory is assured! I’m what God says I am, I have what He says I have, and I can do what He says I can do! I refuse to accept sickness, poverty, defeat, or give in to anything that’s contrary to my divine heritage in Christ. I maintain my confession of the Word, strong in faith, giving glory to God, because the greater One lives in me! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 6:10-13
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

|Romans 4:
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

1 John 4:
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 19:16-20:1-16 & Exodus 15
Acts 13:13-25 & Job 26-27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:08am On Jan 29, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: OPEN YOUR HEART TO TRUTH

SATURDAY, JANUARY 29TH

THEME SCRIPTURE: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

In John 7:2-5, we read about the unbelief and opposition of the brothers of Jesus against Him during the Feast of Tabernacles: “…’Go where your followers can see your miracles!’ they scoffed. ‘You can’t become a public figure if you hide like this! If you can do such wonderful things, prove it to the world!’” (John 7:3-4 NLT). Verse 5 says specifically, “For even his brothers didn’t believe in him.”

There’s no doubt that His brothers would have heard from their mother about the miraculous birth of Jesus and the amazing stories of His childhood. Their father Joseph must have told them about how he received angelic visitations several times concerning Jesus. Yet, they didn’t believe in Jesus.

This tells us something: Believing is with the heart. You choose to believe, and you choose to harden your heart. Our theme verse says, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness….” Open your heart to God’s truths! So much is revealed to us in the Scriptures about the divinity of Jesus and the salvation in His Name; embrace these realities.

God’s desire is for us to be filled with the knowledge of His will, to know His truth and walk accordingly. That’s why we find a prayer of the Spirit by the Apostle Paul for God’s children in Colossians 1:9 AMPC: “For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things.” Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
From the beginning, God chose me to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Therefore, it makes no difference how many antichrists, false preachers and false teachers are out there in the world, I can’t be deceived, for my heart and mind are anointed to know the truth. I have insight into Kingdom mysteries and secrets. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Timothy 4:1-2 TLB
But the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some in the church will turn away from Christ and become eager followers of teachers with devil-inspired ideas. 2 These teachers will tell lies with straight faces and do it so often that their consciences won’t even bother them.

2 Thessalonians 2:
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 John 2:20-21
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

|DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 20:17-34 & Exodus 16-17
Acts 13:26-41 & Job 28-29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: KEEP UP THE ACTIVITIES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 30TH

THEME SCRIPTURE: …Occupy till I come (Luke 19:13).

As Christians, we’ve been given authority over demons of darkness, to cast them out of people, cities, towns, villages and nations. But casting them out alone, sometimes, doesn’t really stop the trouble; you have to ramp up the activities of righteousness in and around such places.

Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 12:43-45. He said when an unclean spirit is cast out of a man, he walks through dry places, seeking rest; finding none, he returns to the place where he was cast out, and if he finds it empty, swept, and garnished, he goes and takes seven other spirits who are more wicked than himself; and all eight of them enter the man. He becomes worse than he was before.

That man shouldn’t have been empty! He should have immediately begun feeding on God’s Word in study and meditation. Likewise, when we cast devils out of a city, nation or town, we must move in with evangelism, and fill the land with the Word of God.

If we don’t preach and increase the activities of righteousness in such places, we’re leaving it open to another visitation of devils. We must take over those places at once by invading them with the Word.

Furthermore, continue in prayer and intercession for those regions to make them uncomfortable for devils to settle back in. As read in our theme verse, Jesus said, “Occupy till I come.” That means keep working, keep preaching, keep prevailing in prayer for the souls of men. Keep up the activities of righteousness. Praise God!

PRAYER
Thank you Father, for giving me an understanding of the Word and for building my faith strong and giving me the authority to cast out demons and enforce your will in the earth. The nations of the world are fashioned for your glory; therefore, the influence of Satan is broken and the Gospel is spreading around the world unhindered, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. ||
|| Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 21:1-32 & Exodus 18-19
Acts 13:42-52 & Job 30-31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:22am On Jan 31, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

THEME: UNLIMITED AUTHORITY

MONDAY, JANUARY 31ST

THEME SCRIPTURE: And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6).

There’s so much we can do with the application of the deep truth revealed in the verse above. Our authority in Christ is all-encompassing and unlimited. We’re seated with Christ in the place of power, in a position of dominion and great glory. Hallelujah!

We can put a stop to the deception, perils and havocs the devil and his cohorts concoct around the world. You can stand your ground and speak God’s Word in prayer and exercise authority in Christ Jesus over your body, your family and loved ones, your city, your state, and your country. We’re the ones in charge!

We function in Jesus’ stead; in His dominion! Look at what He did to the demons of darkness in hell: “He DISARMED the Principalities and the Powers [which fought against Him…” (Colossians 2:15 Conybears Translation). Hallelujah! Read the Phillips New Testament translation and dance for joy: “And then having drawn the sting of all the powers ranged against us, He exposed them, shattered, empty and defeated, in His final glorious triumphant act!”

Guess what? When He did all of that in hell, you were in Him. So, in Him you already shattered, disarmed and defeated Satan and his cohorts of darkness. Maintain your dominion and victory over them. In praying for all men, your city, nation and leaders, affirm that Satan’s influence is cut off.

Stand in your authority in Christ and utter words: words of life, words of glory, words of liberty, words of prosperity, blessings and grace. Bless your world with words of righteousness. Remember, words are limitless; and your divinity, your dominion and authority in Christ are expressed primarily through words. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
All of creation—Satan, demons, angels, everything in life, living and non-living—have all been commanded to hear and obey me, because I sit in Jesus’ seat! I put a stop to the wanton destruction of lives perpetuated by the devils of darkness in the nations of the world; I declare that their influence is cut off; there’s increased works of righteousness, and the will of God is established in the nations and in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 2:
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:9-10
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

Ephesians 1:19-23
And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
Matthew 21:33-22:1-14 & Exodus 20-21
Acts 14:1-7 & Job 32-33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 by Skyfornia(m): 6:09am On Feb 01, 2022

PASTOR CHRIS

TUESDAY 01 FEBRUARY

THEME : POUR FORTH RIGHTOUSNESS

THEME SCRIPTURE: Drip down, heavens, from above, And let the clouds pour down righteousness; Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit, And righteousness sprout with it. I, the LORD, have created it (Isaiah 45:8 NASB).

In James 5:7, the Bible talks about “…the early and latter rain.” The early rain is for sowing, while the latter rain is just before harvest. In the Old Testament, they were waiting for a latter rain (Read Joel 2:28). For them, that latter rain came on the day of Pentecost when the Spirit was poured out. But that outpouring of the Spirit initiated the Church.

Therefore, for the Church, the early rain is what those in the Old Testament called their latter rain; it was the beginning of the Church. The latter rain in the Church is through His Word! Hosea 10:12 says, “Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.”

How does He rain righteousness upon you? It’s through His Word, just like it happened in the Old Testament when the Word was given to them from heaven; and because the Word came from heaven it was called “rain.” Isaiah 55:10-11 also draws a parallel between the Word and rain (Read entire reference). That’s the Word (the Logos of God) that’s in your heart today.

No wonder Jesus said, “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38). This living water comes out through words! So, when our theme verse talks about pouring down righteousness, as earlier stated, it’s done through words.

Pour forth words! Ecclesiastes 11:3 (NIV) says, “If clouds are full of water, they pour rain upon the earth….” Keep prophesying and filling the clouds of your life, city, nation, and even the clouds of the regions beyond, with words of blessings and righteousness. Decree God’s words into the realm of the Spirit until the rain begins to pour. Your words are powerful. As you speak, the earth will open up and produce salvation and righteousness! Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I pour down righteousness upon the nations of the world, in the Name of Jesus! People are coming to Christ and producing fruits of righteousness; wickedness is taken away from men’s hearts, for righteousness is poured out. The Word of God is growing mightily and prevailing in all the nations, resulting in a greater influence of the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Timothy 2:1-4; Ecclesiastes 11:3 NLT; Zechariah 10:1

Matthew 22:15-46; Exodus 22-23

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 14:8-18; Job 34-35

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / Should A Student Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.